Israeli Defense Minister HAMMERS obama

How many Iraqis think they are better off today than before Mi$$ion Accompli$hed?

This question reminds me of a documentary by VICE about life in Iraq after the U.S left .
The narrator approached a group of young/middle aged Iraqis who were doing tricks on their motor cycles and were dressed with leather jackets and tight black biker pants. You know, like an American biker.
Anyway, he asked them if they preferred like in Iraq before or after Saddams reign. Many shouted that they preferred life without Saddam because frankly, with him as the dictator, they certainly would not be allowed to dress or act lime they were. Others shouted that they preferred like with Saddam as the Iraqi dictator because if the stability he brought.
I bring this up because personally, I find that most Iraqis would prefer freedom that they didn't have with Saddam. But of course there will always be a minority who supported him and the 'stability' he brought to Iraq....

I wonder if such a poll has ever been conducted..
Sadam brought stability like N. Korean leader brings stability. He ruled with an iron fist and even dropped poison gas on those who dared oppose him. The people were for sure ecstatic to get rid of the madman.
But.. but.. but... but... at least the trains ran on time, right?
72_72.gif

$o you think Iraq and Iraqis were better off under that lunatic $adam and his $ons than a free and semi democratic country they are today? Only a $HMUCK would $ay that.
And only a brain dead moron, would think we'd spend over 4 trillion dollars and over 4000 American lives, just to bring a country of goat-herders (on the other side of the planet), democracy and get absolutely nothing in return.

$o you think Iraq and Iraqis were better off under that lunatic $adam and his $ons than a free and semi democratic country they are today? Only a $HMUCK would $ay that.
And only a brain dead moron, would think we'd spend over 4 trillion dollars and over 4000 American lives, just to bring a country of goat-herders (on the other side of the planet), democracy and get absolutely nothing in return.
Then why are you jumping for joy, crackhead?

Country of goat herders? Ha ha ha. Look at the ignorant donkey pontificate. That would be Afghanistan and those same Afghan goat herders pulled off 9-11, the biggest terrorist attack on US homeland soil in history. Iraq on the other hand was one of the strongest, highly militarized wealthy nations in the Middle East with an organized experienced military, and a leader with ties to terrorist groups who hated America with a passion, and determined to one-up Al Queda and try to pull off an even bigger attack than 9-11.

Now run along before you embarrass yourself even more, donkey boy.

Country of goat herders? Ha ha ha. Look at the ignorant donkey pontificate. That would be Afghanistan and those same Afghan goat herders pulled off 9-11, the biggest terrorist attack on US homeland soil in history.

Iraq on the other hand was one of the strongest, highly militarized wealthy nations in the Middle East with an organized experienced military, and a leader with ties to terrorist groups who hated America with a passion, and determined to one-up Al Queda and try to pull off an even bigger attack than 9-11.

Now run along before you embarrass yourself even more, donkey boy.
We were not attacked by Afghanistan, or Iraq, you fuckin' dumbass!

How many Iraqis think they are better off today than before Mi$$ion Accompli$hed?

This question reminds me of a documentary by VICE about life in Iraq after the U.S left .
The narrator approached a group of young/middle aged Iraqis who were doing tricks on their motor cycles and were dressed with leather jackets and tight black biker pants. You know, like an American biker.
Anyway, he asked them if they preferred like in Iraq before or after Saddams reign. Many shouted that they preferred life without Saddam because frankly, with him as the dictator, they certainly would not be allowed to dress or act lime they were. Others shouted that they preferred like with Saddam as the Iraqi dictator because if the stability he brought.
I bring this up because personally, I find that most Iraqis would prefer freedom that they didn't have with Saddam. But of course there will always be a minority who supported him and the 'stability' he brought to Iraq....

Sadam brought stability like N. Korean leader brings stability. He ruled with an iron fist and even dropped poison gas on those who dared oppose him. The people were for sure ecstatic to get rid of the madman.

Exactly.
I've seen so many video clips where Saddam passes through a village with his bodyguards, and you see the people approaching him, bowing down to him, kissing his hand.
Whatever your stance on the Iraq war is, I think we can all agree that he was a mad man lunatic and quite possibly one of the most evil dictators on earth.

Exactly.
I've seen so many video clips where Saddam passes through a village with his bodyguards, and you see the people approaching him, bowing down to him, kissing his hand.
Whatever your stance on the Iraq war is, I think we can all agree that he was a mad man lunatic and quite possibly one of the most evil dictators on earth.
How does Saddam compare to the House of Saud?

"This Zogby poll of Iraqi and other opinions about the consequences of the U.S. invasion should be required reading (via Ricks). It is by far the most comprehensive survey of Iraqi opinion about the war that I have seen, and it is first since the withdrawal of U.S. forces.

"The responses to one question in particular deserve close attention. The question was, 'Since the U.S. entered Iraq, how do you feel the following areas of life have been impacted?'

"Consistent with other surveys, Kurdish opinion tends to be extremely positive, because Iraqi Kurds experienced almost none of the upheaval and violence during the eight and a half years of U.S. occupation.

"For the most part, Shia and Sunni Arabs perceive almost every aspect of life to have become worse or not changed."

How Do Iraqis View the Effects of the Iraq War? | The American Conservative:eek:

We didn't kill one million Iraqis either.
How do you know that?
Because even the most overly-generous and condemnatory figures from semi-believable sources such as Lancet fall far short of such a mark...
Maybe from where you sit...

"The number of displaced persons, both internal (within Iraq) and external (refugees, mainly in Jordan and Syria) ranged from estimates of 3.5 million to 5 million or more, which were directly attributable to the war.

"Virtually all first-hand accounts blamed violence as the cause of moving, or threats of ethnic or sectarian cleansing of neighborhoods.

"The ravages of displacement, which remains at about 3 million, are bad enough. But it is also another indicator of the scale of mortality.

All wars since 1945 have ratios of displaced to fatalities of 10:1 or less, typically more in the range of 5:1.

"If this typical ratio holds for the Iraq War, that indicates mortality of about one million Iraqis."

The Human Cost of the War in Iraq

Exactly.

"This Zogby poll of Iraqi and other opinions about the consequences of the U.S. invasion should be required reading (via Ricks). It is by far the most comprehensive survey of Iraqi opinion about the war that I have seen, and it is first since the withdrawal of U.S. forces.

"The responses to one question in particular deserve close attention. The question was, 'Since the U.S. entered Iraq, how do you feel the following areas of life have been impacted?'

"Consistent with other surveys, Kurdish opinion tends to be extremely positive, because Iraqi Kurds experienced almost none of the upheaval and violence during the eight and a half years of U.S. occupation.

"For the most part, Shia and Sunni Arabs perceive almost every aspect of life to have become worse or not changed."

How Do Iraqis View the Effects of the Iraq War? | The American Conservative:eek:

Saddam had a quran written in his blood, the house of Saud had more an a ton of the books thrown in the sewers by government officials.

346116_Holy-Quran-Copies.jpg

They have both tarnished Islam. Both have been the cause and intentionally perpetrated wars on their fellow muslims. Both have denied rights to and brutalized their own people. Both have had a profound effect on how muslims are seen and treated today by the world.

Exactly.

Saddam had a quran written in his blood, the house of Saud had more an a ton of the books thrown in the sewers by government officials.

They have both tarnished Islam. Both have been the cause and intentionally perpetrated wars on their fellow muslims. Both have denied rights to and brutalized their own people. Both have had a profound effect on how muslims are seen and treated today by the world.

I think the poll would have been quite different if the outside insurgents (who of course didn't want to see a democracy) came flooding into Iraq. Right after the war, there were many interviews of the Iraqi people, and they said they were happy, among other things, to be able to have their own newspapers and to put on their own plays. Even the Business Section of the newspaper said they were now going out and buying big ticket items and even having plastic surgery. I think we all remember the stories about how happy the Iraqis were to be able to go out and vote, and we certainly should remember how the Iraqis living here drove hundreds of miles to a polling place to cast their votes. They even took camcorders with him to record the historic event of them being able to vote for their choice.

Exactly.

Kurds? You friggin moron, Sadam and his sons violated ALL Iraqis. The Kurds got hit the worst as a group because they posed a bigger danger.

Sadam was a madman who killed and tortured his people, the House of Saud are corrupt and greedy, but they are good to their people and do not torture or oppress (compared to other Muslim shitholes that is).

The people of Iraq and the world for that matter should be very grateful that the US spent its money and lives to free them of this brutal dictator.

Last edited:

I think the poll would have been quite different if the outside insurgents (who of course didn't want to see a democracy) came flooding into Iraq. Right after the war, there were many interviews of the Iraqi people, and they said they were happy, among other things, to be able to have their own newspapers and to put on their own plays. Even the Business Section of the newspaper said they were now going out and buying big ticket items and even having plastic surgery. I think we all remember the stories about how happy the Iraqis were to be able to go out and vote, and we certainly should remember how the Iraqis living here drove hundreds of miles to a polling place to cast their votes. They even took camcorders with him to record the historic event of them being able to vote for their choice.
Why don't you link to some of those stories and then ask their authors how they feel about their lives today?

"For example, when asked about political freedom, 53% of Shias and 54% of Sunni Arabs say that things are worse now, and less than a third of each group believes that things have improved.

"As for personal security and safety, there is an overwhelming consensus among both groups (81% of Shias, 88% of Sunni Arabs) that it is worse than before, which is hardly surprising.

"The responses on economic development/employment are almost as lopsided and negative: 74% of Shias and 80% of Sunni Arabs say that things are worse.

"In every category except religious freedom, Shia and Sunni Arabs are in agreement that things have become worse since the U.S. invaded.

How Do Iraqis View the Effects of the Iraq War? | The American Conservative

Why don't you link to some of those stories and then ask their authors how they feel about their lives today?

"For example, when asked about political freedom, 53% of Shias and 54% of Sunni Arabs say that things are worse now, and less than a third of each group believes that things have improved.

"As for personal security and safety, there is an overwhelming consensus among both groups (81% of Shias, 88% of Sunni Arabs) that it is worse than before, which is hardly surprising.

"The responses on economic development/employment are almost as lopsided and negative: 74% of Shias and 80% of Sunni Arabs say that things are worse.

"In every category except religious freedom, Shia and Sunni Arabs are in agreement that things have become worse since the U.S. invaded.

How Do Iraqis View the Effects of the Iraq War? | The American Conservative
From your version of events it appears the Iraqis miss being buggered, raped and gassed by Saddam.

Forum List

Back