It has become painfully, even fatally, obvious we have a police problem in this country......

And I believe congress needs to get involved.

First & foremost this is not an excuse for thuggish or criminal behavior. Nor is it a condemnation of police in general.

In the past I have created threads saying that the black community needs to get control of the culture in their inner cities.

Now it is time to recognize that we have a problem in the police community. It has become terribly obvious that temperament & judgment is an issue that the police departments across our nation are not paying a lot of attention to with regard to their hiring practices. So many police shootings seem to be questionable and it usually boils down to judgment. It makes me wonder if the screening process for selecting candidates is adequate. I also wonder if the pay is too low? So low that it attracts too many of the wrong individuals? It's like we just hire whomever applies as long as they pass a back ground check with little regard to their psychological well being or ability to function under extreme stress.
If you watch the video posted to Facebook after this latest shooting you can hear the sheer terror in the officers voice AFTER he had already killed the individual. He sounded like a child who was scared shitless.
Perhaps some nation wide standards could alleviate some of the problems with bad hires. We give these men and women a great deal of power over our daily lives so why not create some rational standards by which we determine who receives that power?
I do some of the printing for the police department here which includes the application packet and the standards you have to pass are pretty high i'm guessing every city probably has their own hiring standards which could be part of the problem.
In my home town in NJ, the standards to become a police officer were pretty simple. Be a town resident. Have a high school diploma or equivalent. Be a lifetime resident or have a long term residence. Know someone in town government. Preferably in the police dept. Or be a relative of a police officer. The officers would train on the job. Now in my home town, a police officer has not fired his weapon on duty in over 80 years. There has been ONE bank robbery in our town since 1962.
Needless to say, being a police officer in my home town is not a hazardous job. However, the officers average about 12 years experience over all.
The point is many small agency PD's have little experience with major crimes. They also have limited experience with high stress situations with potentially deadly consequences.
I think people's perceptions of law enforcement officers comes from movies, television and of course sensationalized news coverage.
If a police officer working a small town detail his or her entire career without so much as having to unholster their weapon, that is a good thing. But that ONE incident with which the officer has little or know real world experience( not the training academy) could end up in tragedy....I think this Minnesota case is one of those type incidents.

Why are you fuckers blaming the cops?

They are human beings they want to go home to their family's like all of us..

We live in a nation of like 300 million

Just be cool to cops plain and simple and they will be cool to you
Please indicate where was blaming the cops.....Read my post carefully. Thanks

I did your entire story was blaming the cops, they don't want to kill anyone, they don't even want to hurt anyone ..

They just want to go home alive.

First & foremost this is not an excuse for thuggish or criminal behavior. Nor is it a condemnation of police in general.

In the past I have created threads saying that the black community needs to get control of the culture in their inner cities.

Now it is time to recognize that we have a problem in the police community. It has become terribly obvious that temperament & judgment is an issue that the police departments across our nation are not paying a lot of attention to with regard to their hiring practices. So many police shootings seem to be questionable and it usually boils down to judgment. It makes me wonder if the screening process for selecting candidates is adequate. I also wonder if the pay is too low? So low that it attracts too many of the wrong individuals? It's like we just hire whomever applies as long as they pass a back ground check with little regard to their psychological well being or ability to function under extreme stress.
If you watch the video posted to Facebook after this latest shooting you can hear the sheer terror in the officers voice AFTER he had already killed the individual. He sounded like a child who was scared shitless.
Perhaps some nation wide standards could alleviate some of the problems with bad hires. We give these men and women a great deal of power over our daily lives so why not create some rational standards by which we determine who receives that power?
My takeaway on this is we have a media out of control here. The way they sensationalize a few videos of questionable police shootings, as if to deliberately incite certain groups into a frenzy, that goes well beyond yellow journalism. The media has lawyers and knows history, and they also know what professional ethics, prudence and discretion means.
The media did not pull the trigger. The media did not protest. The media did not riot. Stop looking for scapegoats for the problem & focus on the actual problem. People, all of us, are responsible for our own actions regardless of what we see or hear in the media. Period
I think you missed the point, slow down hoss and take a breath. The media should show a little more restraint and professionalism. The judicial system is the final word here, not you or I on the internet second guessing. These videos shouldn't be shown, and all they DO is incite a backlash against police, and you and the media know it.
A DESERVED backlash

We've militarized the police .

PDs have vet preference . Now we have all the vets coming from war zones , and we turn them into police officers as if it's the same job.
That's horse shit.
If anything, large urban center criminals are militarized.
As weaponry advanced, police depts found themselves out gunned. They also found themselves at a significant strategic disadvantage/
Gangs, in particular obey no rules. They are reckless and indiscriminate. These types of criminals will not hesitate to cut a mother carrying a child in half to get to their intended target.
Police depts had no choice but to update their weapons.
Imagine facing down a criminal armed with a modified 30 shot semi automatic pistol, with a 5 shot .38 cal snub nosed revolver.

My takeaway on this is we have a media out of control here. The way they sensationalize a few videos of questionable police shootings, as if to deliberately incite certain groups into a frenzy, that goes well beyond yellow journalism. The media has lawyers and knows history, and they also know what professional ethics, prudence and discretion means.
The media did not pull the trigger. The media did not protest. The media did not riot. Stop looking for scapegoats for the problem & focus on the actual problem. People, all of us, are responsible for our own actions regardless of what we see or hear in the media. Period
I think you missed the point, slow down hoss and take a breath. The media should show a little more restraint and professionalism. The judicial system is the final word here, not you or I on the internet second guessing. These videos shouldn't be shown, and all they DO is incite a backlash against police, and you and the media know it.
A DESERVED backlash
That is rather arrogant, if not biased. You sound rather hysterical. Isn't everyone innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? It isn't up to you or the media to make that call.

I do some of the printing for the police department here which includes the application packet and the standards you have to pass are pretty high i'm guessing every city probably has their own hiring standards which could be part of the problem.
In my home town in NJ, the standards to become a police officer were pretty simple. Be a town resident. Have a high school diploma or equivalent. Be a lifetime resident or have a long term residence. Know someone in town government. Preferably in the police dept. Or be a relative of a police officer. The officers would train on the job. Now in my home town, a police officer has not fired his weapon on duty in over 80 years. There has been ONE bank robbery in our town since 1962.
Needless to say, being a police officer in my home town is not a hazardous job. However, the officers average about 12 years experience over all.
The point is many small agency PD's have little experience with major crimes. They also have limited experience with high stress situations with potentially deadly consequences.
I think people's perceptions of law enforcement officers comes from movies, television and of course sensationalized news coverage.
If a police officer working a small town detail his or her entire career without so much as having to unholster their weapon, that is a good thing. But that ONE incident with which the officer has little or know real world experience( not the training academy) could end up in tragedy....I think this Minnesota case is one of those type incidents.

Why are you fuckers blaming the cops?

They are human beings they want to go home to their family's like all of us..

We live in a nation of like 300 million

Just be cool to cops plain and simple and they will be cool to you
Please indicate where was blaming the cops.....Read my post carefully. Thanks

I did your entire story was blaming the cops, they don't want to kill anyone, they don't even want to hurt anyone ..

They just want to go home alive.
I wrote EXACTLY that in a subsequent post. Jeez.
BTW, I agree, that many of these incidents, police involved shootings are a result of the citizen failing to follow lawful commands.
"Keep your hand where I can see them" and "DO NOT MOVE!" are unambiguous.

How can you say that? We don't even know what happened. Nearly every single time this happens actual proof, actual forensic evidence, proves that the police acted properly. I don't know if that will be true in this case or not, but your leap to conclusions is shocking to me. I thought you were smarter than that.

A DESERVED backlash
That is rather arrogant, if not biased. You sound rather hysterical. Isn't everyone innocent until proven guilty in a court of law? It isn't up to you or the media to make that call.
If you are considered innocent until proven guilty why was a man selling single cigs murdered? Why was a man selling cd's shot while being held down by two police? Why was a traffic stop treated as a death penalty case? Why are you pretending that only police are afforded the right to a fair trial?

And by the way the only ones acting hysterical in this thread are the ardent police defenders. All I suggested was that we need to look seriously into our hiring practices to ensure we get the best men/women for the job. If you consider that hysterical your grip on reality is tenuous at best.

Lets wait until the investigations are done. Have faith in the system to dispense justice one way or the other.

One thing I’d like to see is the FBI investigate all killings involving police officers. Maybe they already do…not sure.

I urge you all to watch a show on CNN. I know 3/4 of you won’t because you see the words CNN. But there is a show on CNN On-Demand called Inside Man. Award-winning documentary director Morgan Spurlock examines s sector of our America and sees what is not always reported. Here is the link: Morgan Spurlock Inside Man - CNN.com

One was about CSI; crime scene investigation. I’m not sure many of you know this but according to Spurlock, the CSI investigators in one city may be certified or part of their division may be certified or have one certified individual or have nobody certified at all. Most “investigators” who look for hairs, fibers, blood splatter patterns, foot prints, finger prints and the like may get a week of OTJ training and they are on their own afterword.

What Spurlock doesn’t say (he is limited for time) is that detectives carry a lot of weight on such investigations over and above CSI investigators and the CSI is just one part of the puzzle.

However, I think that whenever you have a police involved killing there should be FBI investigators. It would be about 1000-1200 which seems manageable and if you’re not confident of what the local police force is telling you, perhaps the FBI would enforce (or perhaps overturn) the local findings…

A DESERVED backlash
If you are considered innocent until proven guilty why was a man selling single cigs murdered? Why was a man selling cd's shot while being held down by two police? Why was a traffic stop treated as a death penalty case? Why are you pretending that only police are afforded the right to a fair trial?
Again idiot why are you still alive?

Could it possibly be you are a decent human being?

Say it ain't so...

NO, they have not, they were covered under THEIR DEPT. in NYC until 2 years ago! BTW what year was that section mandated?

We had three police officers here in Nevada about two years ago who successfully got sued by a guy for wrongfully arresting him and then beating the crap out of him after he was handcuffed.

Getting the "crap" beat out of you by police is nothing new. Hell, in my High School (back in the dark ages) it wasn't uncommon to come to school on Monday and see guys who had mouthed off to cops. In those days, you didn't mouth off to cops. You would "fall up the stairs" on the way to jail ;)

^^^^

You just proved my point

Bullshit. Kicking a punks ass and shooting someone are far different (in case you weren't aware)

That is true. I think the German Police are probably the best at it to. They are very hands off until someone gets so bad that EVERYONE around the asshole would agree they need their ass beat. And that's what happens. How do you think there can be mass quantities of alcohol consumed at Oktoberfest, and yet there is almost no violence?

The idiots know that if they do stupid things they will deserve what they get.

But, it is a very, very fine line that separates brutality from a good, and deserved, ass kicking.

Don't even get me started on the Polizei. I saw ass beatings in Germany that would get a US Cop locked up.

Mouth off to one of the Polizei and see where it gets you. ;)

A DESERVED backlash

Say it ain't so...

I know your apparent butthurt from a previous encounter with me has a solid grip on your emotions but please let it go already.

A DESERVED backlash
I am not against prosecuting a police officer for acting rashly or recklessly. But that is a matter that the judicial system needs to decide, not a lynch mob fired up by a reckless and rash media with an ax to grind. And right now, the media reminds me of the yellow journalists of the Hearst era, waving the bloody shirt. All they are trying to do is pander and play to a political agenda. I have had it with these people.

A DESERVED backlash
I am not against prosecuting a police officer for acting rashly or recklessly. But that is a matter that the judicial system needs to decide, not a lynch mob fired up by a reckless and rash media with an ax to grind. And right now, the media reminds me of the yellow journalists of the Hearst era, waving the bloody shirt school of yellow journalism. All they are trying to do is pander and play to a political agenda. I have had it with these people.
This thread isn't about the media or the guilt or innocence of any particular cop. Reread the op & try again. Stay on topic.

Yes. The standards that are required to be a cop are now very low. And the training is minimal. They are not trained on how to actually BE cops. They are trained to be social workers and paper pushers. Then, when they get into a sticky situation that a cop from the old days would have recognized as not being actually dangerous, they shoot first, and ask questions later.

Here in NYC an officer is now able to be SUED PERSONALLY for his actions....I don't blame the police for TAKING THEIR TIME to answer calls. Lights and Sirens traveling at 25 MPH, and HOPING to get there in time to MAKE A REPORT and NOT get into a confrontation, as the crime rate under our Socialist mayor continues to CREEP UP once again!

Police officers have ALWAYS been able to be sued personally. It is not new. Title 18 Section 243 IIRC "Denial of Civil Liberties Under Color of Authority" is the relevant piece you want to look up.

NO, they have not, they were covered under THEIR DEPT. in NYC until 2 years ago! BTW what year was that section mandated?

Nope. The law I referenced is a FEDERAL LAW. It trumps all state and city laws. The problem is the legal establishment tried like hell to hide it from the general public lest the government officials be made to pay for their sins.

Really? Federal Law trumps state and local law? Wow. Who'd a figured that. Let's tell San Francisco (sanctuary city) and Denver (pot sales and sanctuary city).

It's funny how that works, isn't it? :)

When Liberals want laws enforced - it's OK. When they don't? Ignore the law.

A DESERVED backlash

Say it ain't so...

I know your apparent butthurt from a previous encounter with me has a solid grip on your emotions but please let it go already.
Sorry to disappoint you..

You can't comprehend or figure out why it didn't happen to you.

The answer is easy numb nuts ...

Its because you follow the laws and are a decent human being.

A DESERVED backlash

Say it ain't so...

You don't know anything about me or my previous altercations with police. The only answer I have is I WAS LUCKY. Your online agenda has no baring on the reality of my life. I am a decent human being NOW but I can assure you I was anything but decent in my youth. The one thing I was not? Black...

A DESERVED backlash
I am not against prosecuting a police officer for acting rashly or recklessly. But that is a matter that the judicial system needs to decide, not a lynch mob fired up by a reckless and rash media with an ax to grind. And right now, the media reminds me of the yellow journalists of the Hearst era, waving the bloody shirt school of yellow journalism. All they are trying to do is pander and play to a political agenda. I have had it with these people.
This thread isn't about the media or the guilt or innocence of any particular cop. Reread the op & try again. Stay on topic.
Astounding. Sad. Never mind the facts, lets lynch somebody? You know how that sounds..? The media imprudently put this out here. Damn the facts. Hmm, let's not question the media, stay on the rails and think like a good robot liberal. I hope you realize the justice system IS the final decider, not bloggers or the media, right? Your outrage is duly noted.

If you are talking about this shooting in Louisiana, The details ae not all the way out yet. That said, this man had a firearm on his person and was a convicted chomo among other things. He also would not have been shot had he just complied. All the big shootings the race pimps made a big deal about have turned out to be justified. If the race pimps want to get riled up over a dead child molester thats fine i guess. Sad what folks feel white guilt over though. We used to hate child molesters in the USA.

Say it ain't so...

You don't know anything about me or my previous altercations with police. The only answer I have is I WAS LUCKY. Your online agenda has no baring on the reality of my life. I am a decent human being NOW but I can assure you I was anything but decent in my youth. The one thing I was not? Black...

Lmao fucking lucky?

Nope you are a decent human being no luck needed.

Forum List

Back