It is simply indisputable - we have a severe spending problem

What? are you a complete loon? Creating more dollars does not create more value or create jobs. What it does is create worthless currency.

Defense and infrastructure spending does create jobs, but the money to pay for them should come from tax revenue, not the printing press.

You sound like a 10 year old trying to explain calculus after having your first pre-algebra lesson. You're in so far over your head, you don't even understand what he is trying to argue. It's not about printing currency. It's about creating money. Huge difference.

"creating money" without printing currency. OK, sure, now take your meds and go back to sleep, you are delusional.

Do you think that when the govt spends money that they don't have, that it just comes out of thin air. Yes, there may not be actual dollars handed over, but the effect is the same, the company with the govt contract now has more "money" so spend so the net effect is the same as printing up more currency.

You, my little friend, are very naive, or very disengenuous.

Man, you're clueless. When the government spends money they don't have, they borrow it. They don't just print some extra money and call it a day. Holy shit, you're uneducated.

Fun fact: There is 10 times more money in the US economy than there is US currency in existence.

What? are you a complete loon? Creating more dollars does not create more value or create jobs. What it does is create worthless currency.

Defense and infrastructure spending does create jobs, but the money to pay for them should come from tax revenue, not the printing press.

You sound like a 10 year old trying to explain calculus after having your first pre-algebra lesson. You're in so far over your head, you don't even understand what he is trying to argue. It's not about printing currency. It's about creating money. Huge difference.

"creating money" without printing currency. OK, sure, now take your meds and go back to sleep, you are delusional.

Do you think that when the govt spends money that they don't have, that it just comes out of thin air. Yes, there may not be actual dollars handed over, but the effect is the same, the company with the govt contract now has more "money" so spend so the net effect is the same as printing up more currency.

You, my little friend, are very naive, or very disengenuous.
Judging by my run-in with him, it's the latter.

He's an arrogant little snot to boot. ;)

Let's hear you deny that there was an income tax surcharge to pay for the Vietnam war...

WOW! Your history is way off base.

Nixon dipped into the SS trust to help pay for the Vietnam war that he ended and that Kennedy escalated 4 months before he was assassinated.

The Trust fund has always been invested in US securities. You have no idea what you're talking about.

The trust fund?
:lol::lol::lol:

Not one of these taxes existed in 1835 our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and only one parent had to work to support the family.

What happened? One word: liberalism

Interesting List of Taxes that exist today

Poodle, sweetie, the average life expectency in 1835 was 50 years. Farmers were frequently wiped out by hoardes of locusts or floods because waterways weren't controlled. Most people lived in tenaments or in slave conditions. Peopled didn't have clean water or safe food to eat or electricity. Children worked in factories and were frequently mauled in the workplace.

Me, I like roads and medicine and having running water and electricity and I don't mind paying my taxes to have them. I like that my food isn't going to kill me.

If you rely on the government to keep you safe you might as well jump off a cliff, your chances of survival are better.

On this issue we might have found common ground with our democrat / liberal brothers and sisters.

We all agree we have spending problems.

Conservatives and some republicans believe we spend too much.
Liberals/Democrats believe we don't spend nearly enough.

You're making comical generalizations. Name the liberals on this board that you know for certain want to spend more.

^^^^^^^^^^

Let's hear you deny that there was an income tax surcharge to pay for the Vietnam war...

Nixon dipped into the SS trust to help pay for the Vietnam war that he ended and that Kennedy escalated 4 months before he was assassinated.

The Trust fund has always been invested in US securities. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Says the far left Obama drone!

You're making comical generalizations. Name the liberals on this board that you know for certain want to spend more.

thats easy-------everyone who supports obamacare.

You're an idiot. I want defense cuts that will more than offset obamacare spending. How many Republicans want less defense spending?

If we eliminated defense spending in its entirety you still wouldn't have enough to pay for Obamacare.

Rightwing talking point alert!!!

how about answering the question? how much do you want to cut the military and what elements would you cut?

I agree that there is fat in DOD, just curious where you think it is.

I"m not answering Kosh questions until he grows up.

So in other words you agree with them which shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a far left Obama drone.

Then again a grown up would just admit when they are wrong and admit they are far left (when they only post using far left propaganda), so when are you going to grow up?

They are "securities" that the taxpayers have to payoff, so how do they relieve the taxpayer of the burden of paying Social Security benefits?

Obviously that didnt work out too well. Even if they did impose some tax. You're easily fooled.
deficits%20chart.jpg

It was to pay for the war. The tax only lasted a couple years.

Definite far left propaganda.

If you rely on the government to keep you safe you might as well jump off a cliff, your chances of survival are better.

Well, no, not really.

But you keep telling yourself that you'd be much better off without OSHA and the EPA and the FDA and USDA making sure that the food, medicine, air and water are safe.

Well, no, not really.

But you keep telling yourself that you'd be much better off without OSHA and the EPA and the FDA and USDA making sure that the food, medicine, air and water are safe.
Right. Because if the feds didn't do those things, nobody would. :rolleyes:

Despite that obnoxiously long list of taxes, and despite revenues to the government being as high as they have ever been, it's still not enough for the Democrats. So now they have added these taxes:

Supporters of the deal are claiming this isn’t a tax increase—but take a look at your airline receipt. The airline security charge is just one of the taxes you’ll see. According to Delta Airlines, there’s also the Domestic Transportation Tax (7.5 percent), Travel Facilities Tax ($8.40), and U.S. International Transportation Tax ($17.20). These are all considered taxes.

And that sad part is, it has become so egregious, even the Dumbocrats are now ashamed of how much they are taxing and taking. So now they won't even call a spade a spade anymore - and taxes are being called "user fees" :eusa_eh:

Ryan-Murray Budget Deal Includes Sneaky Tax Increase

Every major city which is a center of poverty is run by Democrats. -----Newt Gingrich
^TRUTH. You might wish to embellish it farther by stating STATIST LIBERALS.

On this issue we might have found common ground with our democrat / liberal brothers and sisters.

We all agree we have spending problems.

Conservatives and some republicans believe we spend too much.
Liberals/Democrats believe we don't spend nearly enough.
Throw TAXPAYER MONEY at everything...BLEED the treasury dry...MAKE all citizens SUBJECTS...ends justifies the means.

The Democrats tax our income at the federal level, at the state level, and at the local level. What is left, we use to pay for our homes. But that's not enough for them - so they tax us again with property tax. What's left after paying our for our home, we use to put gas in our card. But that's still not enough for Democrats, so they tax us again with a gas tax. What's left after that third round of taxing isn't enough for the greedy Democrats, so they tax us again when we purchase our necessities with sales tax. But that's still not enough for the Democrats, so they tax us more (well over 60% of the middle class income is stolen by the government).

List of Taxes that exist today

TAXES:
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and
local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer Registration Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

Not one of these taxes existed in 1835 our nation was the most prosperous in the world, had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world and only one parent had to work to support the family.

Wow, you actually pay everyone of them? Maybe you should stop speeding and getting traffic fines. That will fix one of them.

Poodle, sweetie, the average life expectency in 1835 was 50 years. Farmers were frequently wiped out by hoardes of locusts or floods because waterways weren't controlled. Most people lived in tenaments or in slave conditions. Peopled didn't have clean water or safe food to eat or electricity. Children worked in factories and were frequently mauled in the workplace.

Me, I like roads and medicine and having running water and electricity and I don't mind paying my taxes to have them. I like that my food isn't going to kill me.

Lots of misinformation.

What he conveniently leaves out is that he likes OTHER people to pay for those things.

If Joe likes medicine, electricity, and running water so much, why isn't he willing to pay for them himself? :eusa_whistle:

The Democrats tax our income at the federal level, at the state level, and at the local level. What is left, we use to pay for our homes. But that's not enough for them - so they tax us again with property tax. What's left after paying our for our home, we use to put gas in our card. But that's still not enough for Democrats, so they tax us again with a gas tax. What's left after that third round of taxing isn't enough for the greedy Democrats, so they tax us again when we purchase our necessities with sales tax. But that's still not enough for the Democrats, so they tax us more (well over 60% of the middle class income is stolen by the government).

List of Taxes that exist today

TAXES:
Accounts Receivable Tax
Building Permit Tax
Capital Gains Tax
CDL license Tax
Cigarette Tax
Corporate Income Tax
Court Fines (indirect taxes)
Dog License Tax
Federal Income Tax
Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
Fishing License Tax
Food License Tax
Fuel permit tax
Gasoline Tax (42 cents per gallon)
Hunting License Tax
Inheritance Tax Interest expense (tax on the money)
Inventory tax IRS Interest Charges (tax on top of tax)
IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
Liquor Tax
Local Income Tax
Luxury Taxes
Marriage License Tax
Medicare Tax
Property Tax
Real Estate Tax
Septic Permit Tax
Service Charge Taxes
Social Security Tax
Road Usage Taxes (Truckers)
Sales Taxes
Recreational Vehicle Tax
Road Toll Booth Taxes
School Tax
State Income Tax
State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
Telephone federal excise tax
Telephone federal universal service fee tax
Telephone federal, state and
local surcharge taxes
Telephone minimum usage surcharge tax
Telephone recurring and non-recurring charges tax
Telephone state and local tax
Telephone usage charge tax
Toll Bridge Taxes
Toll Tunnel Taxes
Traffic Fines (indirect taxation)
Trailer Registration Tax
Utility Taxes
Vehicle License Registration Tax
Vehicle Sales Tax
Watercraft Registration Tax
Well Permit Tax
Workers Compensation Tax

Wow, you actually pay everyone of them? Maybe you should stop speeding and getting traffic fines. That will fix one of them.

Well that's cute - when smacked in your stupid face by facts - the best you have is a nonsensical snarky response.

Congrats - you figured out a way to avoid 1 of the taxes. Now what about the other 137? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back