It's Official. No Obama nominee

Democrats tore up the Constitution when they voted down Robert Bork despite him being one of the best qualified jurists ever appointed.

Sorry, Justice Scalia, the GOP has decided that the Original Intent of the Constitution no longer applies. Ironic, we know.

There's nothing in The Constitution that forces Congress to accept whatever nominee the president throws in front of them.
You are correct...they can turn down whom the President appoints....then he appoints someone else...they can turn that one down too.....but that is their job. Doing nothing is not their job.
GOP marks 1,200 days without Senate budget

GOP Senate.jpg

You really are one of the most ignorant assholes on any forum I've been on.
Obama has fucking ZERO legal power to "appoint" a Justice!
Use the wrong word all you want.
Obama can ONLY NOMINATE a Justice. That's it. Nothing more.
You live in some sort of alternate reality. But thanks for giving everyone a laugh at your expense again.
He most certainly does appoint a Justice....but that Justice must be approved by the Senate. The President appoints, the Senate approves.

Here is the key paragraph in the U.S. Constitution, Article II, Section. 2.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall APPOINT (my emphasis) Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, JUDGES OF THE SUPREME COURT (my emphasis), and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law; but the Congress may, by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

So, you were saying something about "most ignorant assholes"? :eusa_eh:

You totally skipped the part that says, "shall nominate".
Really? post what and where she missed it.

It goes in order, almost poetry...

"President shall nominate", the Congress will, "advise and consent", then the nominee becomes an appointee. Its right there in The Constitution.
Post the actual doc not your memorized version please.
I'm not saying you aren't correct but if you can post a link or a page.
I copied it exactly from my pocket Constitution. He's welcome to post a link to the Constitution to prove me wrong.

US Constitution Article 11 Section 2:
"He [the President] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein other- wise........."
Obama can't "appoint" any SCJ unless the Senate tells him he can. That's like claiming you can drive the fucking car but not until your father hands you the keys.
Obama has no fucking power to unilaterally 'appoint' a SCJ. So stop putting up ignorant posts.
They only reinforce how low an opinion members here have of you.
Recess appointments...

That can be rejected by Congress, at the start of the next session.
One now, one before he leaves. Might as well fight fire with fire.

So they can just get rejected?

US Constitution Article 11 Section 2:
"He [the President] shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein other- wise........."
Obama can't "appoint" any SCJ unless the Senate tells him he can. That's like claiming you can drive the fucking car but not until your father hands you the keys.
Obama has no fucking power to unilaterally 'appoint' a SCJ. So stop putting up ignorant posts.
They only reinforce how low an opinion members here have of you.
Recess appointments...

That can be rejected by Congress, at the start of the next session.
One now, one before he leaves. Might as well fight fire with fire.

So they can just get rejected?
Recess appointments can not be rejected.

Democrats tore up the Constitution when they voted down Robert Bork despite him being one of the best qualified jurists ever appointed.
An up or down vote is all that's required so, do explain? Must they approve of the person? No. Must they vote? Yes.

An up, or down vote isn't required, neither.
Oh, but it is. That is how the Senate grants consent, they vote. Thought you might have learned that by now?

I just searched my pocket constitution for any schedule to which The Senate must hew in considering nominees.

I couldn't find any.

But then all I have is the pocket edition. I'd like to check the framed original long-form that was on the wall at the (once) White House when Reagan was living there but I understand it's been shredded and smoked. Damn founders using that hemp-based paper....

He most certainly does appoint a Justice....but that Justice must be approved by the Senate. The President appoints, the Senate approves.

Here is the key paragraph in the U.S. Constitution, Article II, Section. 2.

He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall APPOINT (my emphasis) Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, JUDGES OF THE SUPREME COURT (my emphasis), and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law; but the Congress may, by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

So, you were saying something about "most ignorant assholes"? :eusa_eh:

You totally skipped the part that says, "shall nominate".
Really? post what and where she missed it.

It goes in order, almost poetry...

"President shall nominate", the Congress will, "advise and consent", then the nominee becomes an appointee. Its right there in The Constitution.
Post the actual doc not your memorized version please.
I'm not saying you aren't correct but if you can post a link or a page.
I copied it exactly from my pocket Constitution. He's welcome to post a link to the Constitution to prove me wrong.

It's right here. Are you willfully ignoring it?

he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall APPOINT

That's right. The Senate has just officially ruled they will not even consider any Obama SCJ nominee.
This means President Trump and his REP majority Senate will be able to choose, during President Trump's two terms about 5-6 REP SCJ's.
This will fundamentally affect the social direction of America for decades!
To GOD be the praise!
GOP Judiciary: No hearing on Obama court nominee
How did your "phone and pen" work out for you asshole?
If you hadn't acted like the piece of shit you are you may have had more cooperation across the aisle.
Hillary just got news today a judge has questioned her motive for having a secret private server hidden in her bathroom closet.
I give Hillary a couple of weeks before she drops out for 'health reasons'. Leaving Bernie to go against Trump.
Blame Debbie. She was the one who told Biden and Warren to piss off. "Theirs services were not required".

Just in case, I'm going to write my Senator, Chuck Grassley, who runs the Judiciary Committee and warn him he had better not go back on his word and interview any candidates. I suggest the rest of you warn your Senators too. The GOP will lose this election if they break their promise on this. The Biden Rule rules. No selection of Justices in an election year. I don't want a black liberal radical changing the SCOTUS balance of power for the next 30 years.
So you admit that you do not want your Senator to do his job per the U.S. Constitution. You forfeit any future complaints that our government isn't following the Constitution.

Didn't know doing as the Constitution requires was kissing Obama's ass? Curious.
We are doing as the Constitutuin requires. The Congress advises and gives their consent. It is not automatic.
How is refusing to hold hearings or vote giving Advice and Consent? Oh right, it isn't.

No, that would be called not doing their fucking job...
Like I said, it is not automatic. Ever heard of separation of powers? Do you think Obama could have gotten the GOP senate's permission to release those GITMO terrorists? He did not need it. The Senate doesn't have to hold hearings because Obama wants it. His pen and phone won't help him.

I just searched my pocket constitution for any schedule to which The Senate must hew in considering nominees.

I couldn't find any.

But then all I have is the pocket edition. I'd like to check the framed original long-form that was on the wall at the (once) White House when Reagan was living there but I understand it's been shredded and smoked. Damn founders using that hemp-based paper....
Tell ya what, what if they never vote, on anyone, ever again? Is that the ah, Original Intent?

An up or down vote is all that's required so, do explain? Must they approve of the person? No. Must they vote? Yes.

An up, or down vote isn't required, neither.
Oh, but it is. That is how the Senate grants consent, they vote. Thought you might have learned that by now?

Show us where the Constitution mandates a vote, without debate, or discussion?

That's right. The Senate has just officially ruled they will not even consider any Obama SCJ nominee.
This means President Trump and his REP majority Senate will be able to choose, during President Trump's two terms about 5-6 REP SCJ's.
To GOD be the praise!
If you hadn't acted like the piece of shit you are you may have had more cooperation across the aisle.
Hillary just got news today a judge has questioned her motive for having a secret private server hidden in her bathroom closet.
I give Hillary a couple of weeks before she drops out for 'health reasons'. Leaving Bernie to go against Trump.
Blame Debbie. She was the one who told Biden and Warren to piss off. "Theirs services were not required".

Just in case, I'm going to write my Senator, Chuck Grassley, who runs the Judiciary Committee and warn him he had better not go back on his word and interview any candidates. I suggest the rest of you warn your Senators too. The GOP will lose this election if they break their promise on this. The Biden Rule rules. No selection of Justices in an election year. I don't want a black liberal radical changing the SCOTUS balance of power for the next 30 years.
So you admit that you do not want your Senator to do his job per the U.S. Constitution. You forfeit any future complaints that our government isn't following the Constitution.
I'll repeat. He is doing the people's work and following the Constutition.

Didn't know doing as the Constitution requires was kissing Obama's ass? Curious.
We are doing as the Constitutuin requires. The Congress advises and gives their consent. It is not automatic.
How is refusing to hold hearings or vote giving Advice and Consent? Oh right, it isn't.

No, that would be called not doing their fucking job...
Like I said, it is not automatic. Ever heard of separation of powers? Do you think Obama could have gotten the GOP senate's permission to release those GITMO terrorists? He did not need it. The Senate doesn't have to hold hearings because Obama wants it. His pen and phone won't help him.
Same Q: Tell ya what, what if they never vote, on anyone, ever again? Is that the ah, Original Intent?

To GOD be the praise!

I'll repeat. He is doing the people's work and following the Constutition.
Justice Scilia would say ignoring the Constitution is doing the peoples' work?

I couldn't find any.

Tell ya what, what if they never vote, on anyone, ever again? Is that the ah, Original Intent?
They'll find a suitable candidate. It just won't be Obama's. Now.. Put up a Scalia clone and we'll discuss it. LOL

Elections have consequences, Democrats. You had a filibuster-proof majority in Congress, but then you pissed it away by passing Obamacare, even though the American people were demonstrating in the streets and tying up your phone lines to send you a message that WE DID NOT WANT Obamacare.

Not only did the Democrats lose big in Congress, they lost big at the state and local level as well. Obamacare was like opening your belly with a samurai sword, an act of ceremonial suicide. You wrecked your own party, and it's no one's fault but your own.

And now, you whine and complain that Obama will not be allowed to put an ultra-lib/gender-neutral/Marxist-Leninist/Muslim judge on the Supreme Court.

ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES, AND WE WON.

I cry tears for you.

Forum List

Back