It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which itself is insulting and hypocritical. You're insulting their intelligence, aka "name calling."
Labeling a group of people accurately is not the same as calling someone I'm debating a name. But if you do have a problem with it, feel free to iggy me. But realize the ignore feature hurts trolls worse than it hurts me, because their whole purpose in life is to engage in these forums.

NFBW Wrote: I don’t regret it because I didn’t bring that up. I pointed out the observable fact that church property is exempt from property taxes and a priest who lives there has significant income tax benefit that the rest of us taxpayers don’t have. And I made a point with some questions from there. Questions you have chosen to avoid. 22FEB08-POST#104
Um, yeah you did bring it up. And I answered your sniping questions about religious supposedly getting freebies from the government by showing you that government benefits from religion financially far more than vice-versa. And I notice you couldn't rebut that at all.

NFBW wrote: It’s been my observation that the most aggressive militant Christians really hate to be considered an idiot because they believe they are the smartest people on earth on their best behavior on earth, because they were smart enough to be raised saved and stayed saved. - - - Everybody else is not saved and living in perpetual sin. Its absurd to the militant Christian to be regarded by a sinner (atheist generalization) to be stupid or wrong about anything. - - - One reason could be that militant Christians can’t understand why non-Christians don’t get saved because it’s so easy to do. It’s good that most Christians practice their religion in a much more state of humility and understanding the
fallibility of being human (like Jesus) and they achieve a higher spirituality in my mind. With or without attending a church. 22FEB08-POST#1057
Favoring abortion, gay marriage and sex outside marriage are NOT Christian positions. You cannot call yourself a Christian if you believe those things are permissible.

And now cue the long-winded response that will have nothing to do with my post.

Last edited:
Favoring abortion, gay marriage and sex outside marriage are NOT Christian positions. You cannot call yourself a Christian if you believe those things are permissible.

And now cue the long-winded response that will have nothing to do with my post.
Jesus never wanted His followers to seize earthly political so they can stop people from engaging in abortion, gay marriage and sex outside marriage. As I have proven conclusively from your bible

Last edited:
Jesus never wanted His followers to seize earthly political so they can stop people from engaging in abortion, gay marriage and sex outside marriage. As I have proven conclusively from your bible
Jesus certainly doesn't want his followers to willingly go along with atheist regimes. We are called to stand up to evil.

Labeling a group of people accurately is not the same as calling someone I'm debating a name. But if you do have a problem with it, feel free to iggy me. But realize the ignore feature hurts trolls worse than it hurts me, because their whole purpose in life is to engage in these forums.
I am pointing out your hypocrisy. Why would I ignore you? This is fun.

Um, yeah you did bring it up. And I answered your sniping questions about religious supposedly getting freebies from the government by showing you that government benefits from religion financially far more than vice-versa. And I notice you couldn't rebut that at all.
It doesn't. All those are methods of recruiting. Our church does them too.

Did only Catholics who believe exactly as you, build that road and do only Catholics that believe exactly as you do, manage and maintain that road so you could thrive in the material world to earn money in mathematics?
sniping questions about religious supposedly getting freebies from the government
NFBW wrote: It was not about freebies. That is not true. I will say it right here. I agree all churches should be tax exempt. And priests should not have to pay income tax on their housing expenses even though i and all non/clergy do. - - - But I’m not complaining because churches do a lot of good in the community. Do you see the question above?

There is a multitude of human beings required to operate the entirety of American infrastructure that allows you to generate and maintain income, live a good life and practice your religion in a manner
of your own choosing - Do you agree?

Do you believe all those infrastructure people are Catholics who believe exactly as you? - - - Many of them are pro-choice or living in a gay marriage - certainly they can be. Is that any of your business what they LAWFULLY do? - - - Do any of them receive any of your earthly money? Do any of them receive any of God’s money that you donate to the Church?

Log in your eye. - - - Did any of the federal income taxes you paid prior to 2003 finance the abortion tool that annihilated this family in APRIL 2003. A husband/ father of two sons and one daughter named Shams - a waitress
Salma Amin Mansour district, Baghdad 08-April-2003​
Mohammed Amin Mansour district, Baghdad 08-April-2003​
Said Amin Mansour district, Baghdad 08-April-2003​
Shams Amin Mansour district, Baghdad 08-April-2003​
When the broken body of the 20-year-old woman was brought out -- torso first, then the head -- her mother started crying uncontrollably, then collapsed​
The Pentagon reported on 7 April that .A B2 bomber dropped four 2000-pound laser-guided GBU-24 bunker-buster bombs on the Al Saa Restaurant in the al Mansour District of Baghdad that Intelligence sources claimed was a meeting place of Saddam Hussein, his two sons, and senior Iraqi regime leaders.​
22FEB08-POST#1072​
.​

It doesn't. All those are methods of recruiting. Our church does them too.
My church doesn't do the programs I mentioned to recruit Catholics. If it happens, great, but nobody goes into it with that goal in mind.

Last edited:
Jesus certainly doesn't want his followers to willingly go along with atheist regimes. We are called to stand up to evil.
I'll quote St. Paul again, in case you forgot

1 Let everyone submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which derives from God, and whatever authorities exist have been instituted by God. 2 Consequently, anyone who resists authority is rebelling against what God has appointed, and those who so resist will bring judgment upon themselves.

3 Rulers are a source of fear not to those who do good but rather to those who do evil. Do you wish to be free of fear from someone in authority? Then continue to do what is right and you will receive his approval. 4 For he is acting as God’s representative for your welfare. But if you do what is evil, then be afraid for he does not wear a sword for nothing. People in authority are God’s servants to mete out punishment to wrongdoers.

5 Therefore, you are obliged to submit, not only because of fear of punishment but also because of conscience. 6 That is why you also pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, and they devote themselves to this service. 7 Pay to each person what is rightfully his—taxes to the one to whom taxes are due, tolls to the one to whom tolls are due, respect to the one to whom respect is due, honor to the one to whom honor is due.

Now Paul was telling those 1st century Christians to submit to a Pagan government. Is that materially different from an Atheist government? Resisting evil, in the context of the New Testament, was when those in power, those in control of that Pagan government, wanted you to do something that violated your Christian conscience, like make a sacrifice to Jupiter or be considered a traitor to the state. Or when Paul and Peter were ordered to stop preaching the Gospel. "We ought to obey God rather than men."

Yeah, and you're in the iggy bin, troll.
You people whine about freedoms while your own freedoms will evaporate before your eyes once the atheists you enable to write the laws take over.
According to you the Atheists have already taken over. And if you had your way freedoms will also evaporate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back