It’s Time to Formally Declare America A Christian Nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few would argue that a society needs some moral basis for behaviour in this society. But what this basis should be? Formal declaration of a certain religion to be a state religion may not help to build this basis.

it did not restrict state governments from doing so.
Then why were states that violated the Establishment Clause all found to be unconstitutionally in violation of every individual citizens’ right to freedom of or freedom from religion as you have recognized.

The First Amendment has not changed since the framers put it in writing. You cannot explain why I am wrong.. Do you believe states should violate our constitutional right to freedom of religion? What is your intent - sanctioned state theocracy to suit your politically charged religious beliefs? Why did you attack me? Why don’t you answer that before attacking someone who cherishes being a citizen in a nation that guarantees religious freedom or no religion at all.

The clause restricted the Federal govt from favoring a particular Christian sect as a national sect,
I KNOW it did THAT. BUT It did not say that. It achieved that, by saying in essence that the individual is sovereign in matters of god, conscience, and religion, and public speech Not THE STATE, Not any government in the United States..ITS CALLED FREEDOM. You are the dumbass who argues for states to be allowed to restrict that freedom based upon majority being Christians. Truly UN-American you are. But you consider yourself properly educated.

And, many Federal officials attended church services in Federal buildings, including President Jefferson himself.

THATS NIce, What’s the point DudleySmith ? Jefferson didn’t believe in the divinity of Christ or the Bible so what church service do you think Jefferson decided to attend?

it's exactly the kind of country we dont want falling into the hands of a gangster thug regime like Putin's and giving him more leverage;
Why did Trump give gangster thug Putin such valuable leverage as a POTUS openly advocation Putin’s return to equal status as a G8 member after Putin took Crimea from Ukraine, (a large exporter of grain) Don’t you know that Crimea belongs to Ukraine but Trump says Putin did the right thing to take it so he should still be in G8. Trump was the most submissive world leader on Ukraine being seized by Putin all the way through Feb 22 when he called Putin a genius for seizing Donbass from Ukraine.

Last edited:
Kicking and screaming against it is the point.

Kicking Putin out of the G8 was a huge OBAMA sanction for invading Ukraine. Why did Trump so openly want to welcome Putin back in unpunished? Trump must ge no credit for sanctions passed be Congress that he openly opposed.

lolI triggered yet another dumbass, and it also turns out to be a TDS sufferer. No wonder it's clueless and raving like a loon.

I KNOW it did THAT. BUT It did not say that. It achieved that, by saying in essence that the individual is sovereign in matters of god, conscience, and religion, and public speech Not THE STATE, Not any government in the United States..ITS CALLED FREEDOM. You are the dumbass who argues for states to be allowed to restrict that freedom based upon majority being Christians. Truly UN-American you are. But you consider yourself properly educated.

Illiterate moron thinks I'm arguing for or against something,more evidence it's a semi-literate uneducated tard.

iterate moron thinks I'm arguing for or against something,more evidence it's a semi-literate uneducated tard.
liar. I said “You are arguing for states to be allowed to restrict religious freedom based upon majority being Christians.” Because that is what you expressed in your attack against my argument in favor of what religious freedom according to the Constitution means to the real functionally literate world.

You argued that “The clause restricted the Federal govt from favoring a particular Christian sect as a national sect,” . . . Did you not. I argue it made the individual sovereign over matters of conscience and religion and you appear to be conceding to that point.,

IT MEANS YOUR ATTACK IS STUPID - You know nothing as most Trump goobers don’t know anything.

Last edited:
Illiterate moron thinks I'm arguing for or against something,more evidence it's a semi-literate uneducated tard.
Yoy are arguing for something. So how is pointing out that fact produces my any “evidence” of anything let alone my level or quality of my education. You are a liar to suggest you have evidence of anything.

Yoy are arguing for something. So how is pointing out that fact produces my any “evidence” of anything let alone my level or quality of my education. You are a liar to suggest you have evidence of anything.

The reason this idiot wasn't 'fooled by W' was he wasn't worth W's time; he was already cleaned out long before W got to him.

THATS NIce, What’s the point DudleySmith ? Jefferson didn’t believe in the divinity of Christ or the Bible so what church service do you think Jefferson decided to attend?

Why did Trump give gangster thug Putin such valuable leverage as a POTUS openly advocation Putin’s return to equal status as a G8 member after Putin took Crimea from Ukraine, (a large exporter of grain) Don’t you know that Crimea belongs to Ukraine but Trump says Putin did the right thing to take it so he should still be in G8. Trump was the most submissive world leader on Ukraine being seized by Putin all the way through Feb 22 when he called Putin a genius for seizing Donbass from Ukraine.

lol keeps trying to change the subject to anything but his profound ignorance of the Founders, cuz TRUMP!!!!! lol lol lol

Too bad you ran away again before I could answer your question. Catholic coward.

Putin: I wanted Trump to win the election​

Putin: I wanted Trump to win the election

By STEPHANIE MURRAY
07/16/2018 12:07 PM EDT
Updated: 07/16/2018 03:08 PM ED

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Monday he wanted President Donald Trump to win the 2016 election because he believed Trump’s policies would be more friendly to the Kremlin.

“Yes, I did. Yes, I did. Because he talked about bringing the U.S.-Russia relationship back to normal,” Putin said, standing alongside Trump at a joint news conference.
You are aware Putin answered this question with Trump right beside him at a news conference, right? So what else would you expect to say? The second question is, why are you gullible enough to believe the words of a mass murderer and dictator. Oh, that's right. You believed Putin when he says "I am a devout Christian". lol.

You believed Putin when he says "I am a devout Christian". lol.
you are a liar. I do not believe Putin is a devout Christian although he claims to be. That’s impossible. My point is is that Putin has married the Russian orthodox church to his totalitarian state. That is an under undeniable fact. It is part of the right wing white Christian nationalist movement throughout the world.My problem with you is is that’s what you want to do to America. You and Trump would follow in Putin‘s footprints. And that is deplorable. And I don’t believe you that you understand the message of Jesus Christ that he brought when he walked the earth. You’re too filled with hate just like Putin and trump.

you are a liar. I do not believe Putin is a devout Christian although he claims to be. That’s impossible. My point is is that Putin has married the Russian orthodox church to his totalitarian state. That is an under undeniable fact. It is part of the right wing white Christian nationalist movement throughout the world.My problem with you is is that’s what you want to do to America. You and Trump would follow in Putin‘s footprints. And that is deplorable. And I don’t believe you that you understand the message of Jesus Christ that he brought when he walked the earth. You’re too filled with hate just like Putin and trump.
Every post of yours is hateful, yet for some reason you excuse that because you're an atheist. And the 'white nationalist christian' crap is utter nonsense. It's just another leftwing talking point. And you're gullible enough to believe the words of a muderous dictator like Putin when says "Yes, I wanted Donald Trump to win" at a press conference.

because you're an atheist
You are a liar I am not a atheist, But there is nothing wrong with being an atheist. You need to learn to love atheists.

Why would you even presume to know what my beliefs are?

If it’s your impression that I hate liars, that is probably true. We all should hate liars and you should expect to be hated the way you lie all the time

nd the 'white nationalist christian' crap is utter nonsense.
White Christian nationalism is a serious problem and a huge threat to our multi cultural democratic system of government unless it’s your ideology. From what I can tell you are a white Christian nationalist first and a Catholic next and a Disciple of Christ last. That’s why we get the title of this thread. You are a disgrace to the Catholic religion.

The second question is, why are you gullible enough to believe the words of a mass murderer and dictator.
Why was Trump doing a joint press conference with a dictator as he lobbied for re-admission into the G8 after he had already tore off a big chunk of Ukraine for his empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back