It’s time we make Twitter and Facebook public utilities!

I would hope when this happens that lawmakers don’t fold to succumb to their terms and conditions. Let free speech rein!
Facebook and Twitter don’t worry you will still make money allowing your sites become public utilities we can all express our political feelings. let’s get it done!
Let's see - government taking over media in the name of free speech. Man, the Soviets had nuthin on us!
Why are you putting words in my mouth nobody said the governments taking over anything.. Regulating it like we do clean water
Sure. Just regulatin'. Got it.
Just enforcing speech free

No, you are just confiscating private property (whether the private owners make money is irrelevant). You have free speech. What you are demanding is free access to a privately owned property to use as a platform for your speech. And you want it for free.
I just want my followers to be able to listen to my posts. They follow me they love me. And I signed up because it was supposed to be a platform for all people

And the owners want to decide what gets posted there. They have invested a lot of money and countless hours of their valuable time. You signed up for free and now demand to have an equal say in how the place is run? No.

If your followers love you, they will find a way to listen to you. You don't get to co-opt someone else's private property to do so.
So they are publishers?

They are private property.

I would hope when this happens that lawmakers don’t fold to succumb to their terms and conditions. Let free speech rein!
Facebook and Twitter don’t worry you will still make money allowing your sites become public utilities we can all express our political feelings. let’s get it done!
Let's see - government taking over media in the name of free speech. Man, the Soviets had nuthin on us!
Why are you putting words in my mouth nobody said the governments taking over anything.. Regulating it like we do clean water

No, you are just confiscating private property (whether the private owners make money is irrelevant). You have free speech. What you are demanding is free access to a privately owned property to use as a platform for your speech. And you want it for free.
I just want my followers to be able to listen to my posts. They follow me they love me. And I signed up because it was supposed to be a platform for all people

And the owners want to decide what gets posted there. They have invested a lot of money and countless hours of their valuable time. You signed up for free and now demand to have an equal say in how the place is run? No.

If your followers love you, they will find a way to listen to you. You don't get to co-opt someone else's private property to do so.
So they are publishers?

I see another one that won’t answer the question

So they are publishers?

That should not have the protections of a platform
As they are not operating that way.

So they are publishers?

LOL - that argument has nothing to do with this. The campaign to "go after" social media companies is just the usual populist hokum. A call to sick government on your enemies. Next, it will be Democrats going after Fox news. That's just most people view government today - a means of fucking with people you don't like.

So they are publishers?

LOL - that argument has nothing to do with this. The campaign to "go after" social media companies is just the usual populist hokum. A call to sick government on your enemies. Next, it will be Democrats going after Fox news. That's just most people view government today - a means of fucking with people you don't like.

You have it exactly backwards -
Right now Government protects Facebook from being sued.
I'm saying remove the government protection.
Then let existing law and free market principles apply.

See the diff?

So they are publishers?

See the diff?
When you sign up to Facebook for your free account you agree to the terms.

I just don't see how a free service can be called a utility and be subject to any regulation

So they are publishers?

See the diff?

No. I see a bunch of unscrupulous twats who want to use government fuck over people and businesses they don't like. Weak.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

Or

You can create your own social media site or promote this site if you feel Twatter and Farsebook are not allowing you to express your opinion...

Or

You can create your own social media site or promote this site if you feel Twatter and Farsebook are not allowing you to express your opinion...
I already created my own space on their platform.. I’ll make them pay

Damn, some of you all are just fucking dog stupid.

Facebook is a Private Company - Free to use (you just have to allow your info to be sold)

Facebook Had GOVERNMENT exempt them from certain laws.

Idea- let Facebook be a private company - Have Government remove their Protection.

Silly People - No, Government should not be involved they are a private company.

A company with GOVERNMENT protection, GOVERNMENT should simply remove that protection.

No, GOVERNMENT should not be involved.

Government got involved when they issued the protections.

Well it's private the government should not get involved.

Correct, the Government should not have been involved - removing the GOVERNMENT protection would get them uninvolved.

The Government shouldn't be involved.

Mind-numbing.

What you misunderstand about the 1st amendment is that it does not guarantee you the right to take over someone's property just because they have a better platform for spreading your words than you do. The purpose of the 1st amendment is to prevent the government from taking away your right to express your opinions.

You can be prevented from carrying a firearm onto private property. You can be prevented from peaceably assembling on private property. Someone can establish a religion on their private property. So your claims that you deserve access to a platform that someone else built, with their own intellect, time and money, is completely bogus.
So the telephone company takes my speech away? Hmmmm

What you misunderstand about the 1st amendment is that it does not guarantee you the right to take over someone's property just because they have a better platform for spreading your words than you do. The purpose of the 1st amendment is to prevent the government from taking away your right to express your opinions.

You can be prevented from carrying a firearm onto private property. You can be prevented from peaceably assembling on private property. Someone can establish a religion on their private property. So your claims that you deserve access to a platform that someone else built, with their own intellect, time and money, is completely bogus.
i applaud your patience, but this guy is an obvious troll trolling obviously.
You can’t hang troll

Can you imagine, HAD HILLARY WON?

EkY64GuU8AILjK6

Then why is it that they signed an Agreement giving them the protection of an open platform and are now acting like a CCP Publisher?

Forum List

Back