Jack Chick Tracts - Read here!

Slavery was an economic reality of the time--very different from the slavery of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. In Biblical times, the choice was to take on the conquered as slaves/servants--or slaughter them. Jews were given specific instructions on treating slaves and servants kindly. Can we find examples when slaves were treated meanly? Absolutely. We can also see where slaves were treated as family.

However, nineteenth century Americans claiming their slavery was the same as Biblical slavery? Sorry, but conquering a people and kidnapping individual people is not the same. The second unquestionable comes under, "Thou shalt not steal," and we fought a one of the bloodiest wars to make this point. Some felt that strongly about it.

The thing was, Confederates cited the bible as a justificaiton for continuing slavery into the 19th century.

And, no, really, Jews were instructed to treat Jewish slaves kindly. Non-Jewish slaves, fuck those guys.

Leviticus 25:44-46
Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession. And ye shall take them as an inheritance for your children after you, to inherit them for a possession; they shall be your bondmen for ever.

We see some harsh punishments and consequences, which should tell us more how seriously the Jews of Biblical times considered these sins to be. Once again, with payment to the father, you are comparing today's culture (where any payment would be directly to the woman) to the realities of those times.

If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. -- Deuteronomy 22:28-29

this isn't "I'm going to pay you for damages", this is, "I'm going to buy you as property, because I've already ruined you, and you are stuck with me for life. That's batshit insane, making a woman marry her rapist.

Then you have THIS Gem.

If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. -- Deuteronomy 22:23-24

Yup. If you are a rape victim and don't scream loudly enough, you will get taken out and stoned.

As for the Amalekites, I see that situation as an internal war between priests and politicians. It appears in that incident, the priests carried the day--they got their man in. As for other incidents of genocide (commanded by man in God's name), I would need specifics.

I thought you were a biblical scholar?

What the Bible says about genocide

And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain. Deuteronomy 2:34

And we utterly destroyed them, ... utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. Deuteronomy 3:6

And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them. Deuteronomy 7:2

And thou shalt consume all the people which the LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them. Deuteronomy 7:16

Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. Deuteronomy 13:15

But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth. Deuteronomy 20:16-17

And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. Joshua 6:21

So smote all the country ... he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded. Joshua 10:40

Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. 1 Samuel 15:2-3

Naw, I don't take it personally that Luke and Matthew lied to me. I take it personally that the NUNS lied to me.

We must have been taught by a different order of nuns. Either that, or the nuns at my school insisted we do some of our own research. Hard to believe that even without this, you didn't have people in your class challenging every other word presented in religion class.

Have you ever been able to identify any wellspring of love in the Bible?

As for the Amalekites, I see that situation as an internal war between priests and politicians. It appears in that incident, the priests carried the day--they got their man in. As for other incidents of genocide (commanded by man in God's name), I would need specifics.

I thought you were a biblical scholar?

What the Bible says about genocide

And we took all his cities at that time, and utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones, of every city, we left none to remain. Deuteronomy 2:34

And we utterly destroyed them, ... utterly destroying the men, women, and children, of every city. Deuteronomy 3:6

And when the LORD thy God shall deliver them before thee; thou shalt smite them, and utterly destroy them; thou shalt make no covenant with them, nor shew mercy unto them. Deuteronomy 7:2

And thou shalt consume all the people which the LORD thy God shall deliver thee; thine eye shall have no pity upon them. Deuteronomy 7:16

Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. Deuteronomy 13:15

But of the cities of these people, which the LORD thy God doth give thee for an inheritance, thou shalt save alive nothing that breatheth. Deuteronomy 20:16-17

And they utterly destroyed all that was in the city, both man and woman, young and old, and ox, and sheep, and ass, with the edge of the sword. Joshua 6:21

So smote all the country ... he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded. Joshua 10:40

Thus saith the LORD of hosts ... go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling, ox and sheep, camel and ass. 1 Samuel 15:2-3

I asked you to identify a passage you were thinking of. I may be a student of the Bible, but I've never been able to grasp the technique of reading minds. If you wish to select one, I would be happy to discuss it with you, but presently I haven't the time for a cut and paste pile on.

We must have been taught by a different order of nuns. Either that, or the nuns at my school insisted we do some of our own research. Hard to believe that even without this, you didn't have people in your class challenging every other word presented in religion class.

Oh sure we did. And they promptly got whacked with a wooden ruler and told they were going to Hell.

the best thing that ever happened is that it became cool to be a lesbian and these convents stopped attracted poor deluded women into joining these whacky cults.

No, the Bible is absolutely worthless as a guide for living a good life. They need to come with warning labels.

BibleWarningLabel2.jpg

and maybe this...

biblefacts.jpg

I asked you to identify a passage you were thinking of. I may be a student of the Bible, but I've never been able to grasp the technique of reading minds. If you wish to select one, I would be happy to discuss it with you, but presently I haven't the time for a cut and paste pile on.

Okay, I'll just limit it to one.

10:32 And the LORD delivered Lachish into the hand of Israel, which took it on the second day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein , according to all that he had done to Libnah.
10:33 Then Horam king of Gezer came up to help Lachish; and Joshua smote him and his people, until he had left him none remaining. (10:33)
10:34 And from Lachish Joshua passed unto Eglon, and all Israel with him; and they encamped against it, and fought against it: (10:34-35)
10:35 And they took it on that day, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and all the souls that were therein he utterly destroyed that day , according to all that he had done to Lachish.
10:36 And Joshua went up from Eglon, and all Israel with him, unto Hebron; and they fought against it:
10:37 And they took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof, and all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining , according to all that he had done to Eglon; but destroyed it utterly, and all the souls that were therein.
10:38 And Joshua returned, and all Israel with him, to Debir; and fought against it:
10:39 And he took it, and the king thereof, and all the cities thereof; and they smote them with the edge of the sword, and utterly destroyed all the souls that were therein; he left none remaining : as he had done to Hebron, so he did to Debir, and to the king thereof; as he had done also to Libnah, and to her king.
10:40 So Joshua smote all the country of the hills, and of the south, and of the vale, and of the springs, and all their kings: he left none remaining, but utterly destroyed all that breathed, as the LORD God of Israel commanded.

Sounds like Genocide to me.

we are to be Bereans of God's Word. I can go point by point over this list if you want to.... Here is a list of teachings in the RCC that do not line up with the Bible. Heck, they have a huge Catechism that has dozens of false statements/beliefs in it.

Um, okay, it's kind of fun to watch you guys argue over the right way to worship an Imaginary Sky Pixie.

The problem is the Bible doesn't line up with itself.
"Zone 2":Political Forum / Israel and Palestine Forum / Race Relations/Racism Forum / Religion & Ethics Forum: Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed. Keep it relevant, choose wisely. Each post must contain content relevant to the thread subject, in addition to any flame. No trolling. No hit and run flames. No hijacking or derailing threads. Zone 2 Posting Rules US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

This is a discussion among people of faith. If you are against faith, find somewhere else to post. The next time I see something like this, I'll report you.

This is a discussion among people of faith. If you are against faith, find somewhere else to post. The next time I see something like this, I'll report you.

Guy, i'm keeping it on topic. The topic is Jack Chick and his crazy interpretation of the bible. While I do think that Jack Chick is indeed as crazy as a shithouse rat, it's not like other denominations have a lack of silly things they believe in.

Here's a graphic for you. Something that is silly doesn't become less silly because you dress it up in vestments and call it a religion.

Priestwooldoor.jpg

Naw, I don't take it personally that Luke and Matthew lied to me. I take it personally that the NUNS lied to me.

That's what all nuns say. The problem is with the many "raised Catholics" out there thinking they're some kind of authority on Catholic teaching because they slept, doodled, or day dreamed their way through Catholic school. Kids can't be forced to take their lessons seriously and many don't. But that doesn't stop them from thinking they have some sort of pedigree to discuss Catholic teaching among real, devout Catholics. I've never failed to successfully demonstrate in debate that these "raised Catholics" never really understood what the Church teaches and that even converts like myself are far more intimately familiar with the history and teaching of the Church.

I don't waste my time arguing with materialists like Joe. I find it's like sweeping a dirt floor.

Jeremiah..my heart breaks at your enslavement to the negative path you have chosen..
Release your faith and let it guide you to the clear light.
Blessings for your health and happiness..:eusa_pray:

Guy, i'm keeping it on topic. The topic is Jack Chick and his crazy interpretation of the bible. While I do think that Jack Chick is indeed as crazy as a shithouse rat, it's not like other denominations have a lack of silly things they believe in.

Here's a graphic for you. Something that is silly doesn't become less silly because you dress it up in vestments and call it a religion.

Priestwooldoor.jpg

If you believe that EVERY interpretation of the Bible is fallacious then what does it matter what you think of Jack Chick? When you call the God an "imaginary sky pixie" among people of faith, you are flaming/trolling and in violation of the rules. If you can keep such references to yourself, you'll have no problem with me or the moderators.

Some of my favorite witnessing tools are the Jack Chick Tracts because they can be left anywhere and people enjoy reading them! This is a link to some of the great Jack Chick tracts that have been printed over the years. The cartoon drawings are part of the attraction for reading. Millions of people have read them and many have been saved as a result of reading them. Enjoy! Chick Cartoon Tracts

Are Roman Catholics Christians
Continue reading on the link!

These have been around for decades.

It's part of the anti-Roman Catholic movement in the Evangelical Churches, stemming from their own feelings of insecurity and resentment.

The Roman Catholic Church created the bible, assembling the books and letters, poetry and prose, into one collect. The bible is the first library of Western Civilization-- a collection of writings by different authors including the most of the already established Hebrew Bible.

Evangelicals like to forget the Roman Catholic Church is the first organized version of Christianity, followed by the Eastern Orthodox.

It does seem strange to hate your great-grandfather -- the church that gave birth to the church that gave birth to the church that gave birth to you.

That's what all nuns say. The problem is with the many "raised Catholics" out there thinking they're some kind of authority on Catholic teaching because they slept, doodled, or day dreamed their way through Catholic school. Kids can't be forced to take their lessons seriously and many don't. But that doesn't stop them from thinking they have some sort of pedigree to discuss Catholic teaching among real, devout Catholics. I've never failed to successfully demonstrate in debate that these "raised Catholics" never really understood what the Church teaches and that even converts like myself are far more intimately familiar with the history and teaching of the Church.

I don't waste my time arguing with materialists like Joe. I find it's like sweeping a dirt floor.

Well, the thing is, I've always find that people who convert to the Roman Stupid Church are usually more fanatical than those of us who were born into it and then spend most of our lives ignoring it and treating the Pope like a senile old uncle. I think this has more to do with the fact that you made this choice as an adult and you really don't want to admit you made a bad one.

"Yes, Uncle Francis, Dogs really do go to Heaven!"

The thing is, for me, I started calling bullshit on this stuff at an early age. Not only the questionable Two different geneologies of Jesus through Joseph who wasn't his father, anyway. (Seriously, only my patron saint would have bought THAT story.) The real capper for me was when Sister Mary Bonaventure came in and told us that God flooded the whole world because people were "Wicked". When I asked why he would drown the babies, she said, "They were WIIIICKED Babies. WIIIIIIIIIICKED!!!!"

Today, I realize she was a self-hating lesbian who signed on to this sexless lifestyle, being put in charge of what she could never have- children.

Some of my favorite witnessing tools are the Jack Chick Tracts because they can be left anywhere and people enjoy reading them! This is a link to some of the great Jack Chick tracts that have been printed over the years. The cartoon drawings are part of the attraction for reading. Millions of people have read them and many have been saved as a result of reading them. Enjoy! Chick Cartoon Tracts

It's part of the anti-Roman Catholic movement in the Evangelical Churches, stemming from their own feelings of insecurity and resentment.

The Roman Catholic Church created the bible, assembling the books and letters, poetry and prose, into one collect. The bible is the first library of Western Civilization-- a collection of writings by different authors including the most of the already established Hebrew Bible.

Evangelicals like to forget the Roman Catholic Church is the first organized version of Christianity, followed by the Eastern Orthodox.

It does seem strange to hate your great-grandfather -- the church that gave birth to the church that gave birth to the church that gave birth to you.

Jack Chick tracts have been used for decades for preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Those who are offended by him are not offended by him but by the Word of God, Hazelnut. The reaction to the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached as not changed since the beginning. When the Apostle Paul preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ to unbelievers - two things were sure to follow - a revival and a riot. Nothing has changed.

If you believe that EVERY interpretation of the Bible is fallacious then what does it matter what you think of Jack Chick? When you call the God an "imaginary sky pixie" among people of faith, you are flaming/trolling and in violation of the rules. If you can keep such references to yourself, you'll have no problem with me or the moderators.

I've been calling god an "imaginary sky pixie" for years here. I think it puts it in the proper perspective.

And, yes, I do think Jack Chick needs to be called out for special recognition on his views because they are just so completely crazy. his hatred of gays, Catholics, Jews, Mormons, Muslims, people who play Dungeons and Dragons (no, really) is just so hilarious to read. I mean, if I were writing a parody of Fundamentalists, they'd look like a Chick Track, but frankly, he manages to accomplish by accident what the best satirists couldn't do on purpose.

Jack Chick tracts have been used for decades for preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Those who are offended by him are not offended by him but by the Word of God, Hazelnut. The reaction to the Gospel of Jesus Christ preached as not changed since the beginning. When the Apostle Paul preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ to unbelievers - two things were sure to follow - a revival and a riot. Nothing has changed.

Do you know a single person who picked up a Jack tract in the men's room and suddenly saw the light? Neither do I.

I do think that people take credit for "spreading the gospel" with the most minimum effort and cost possible. But it does take great effort and great cost to spread the gospel. Why do we send missionaries to foreign lands when we can just blanket them with Jack Chick publications pushed out of the back of a C-130 transport plane? People aren't convinced by brochures, they're convinced by people and there's no substitute for establishing relationships with people, earning the right to speak into their lives, and then presenting the gospel via a personal testimony.

Jack Chick tracts don't save anybody, and calling this "spreading the gospel" is an outrageous cheapening of the real thing.

Jesus Christ is our defender, not Saint Michael - whoever he is. I do not even know of a Saint Michael and I used to be Catholic. No one is attacking Catholics here. We are examining the false teachings of the Roman Church. For some - speaking truth equates to hatred. For others - speaking the truth is what sets men free. I know the latter to be the case. If the thread offends you - you are free to find another. Or make your own.

This Jack Chick Tract is called, The Death Cookie

Jesus Christ is our defender, not Saint Michael - whoever he is. I do not even know of a Saint Michael and I used to be Catholic. No one is attacking Catholics here. We are examining the false teachings of the Roman Church. For some - speaking truth equates to hatred. For others - speaking the truth is what sets men free. I know the latter to be the case. If the thread offends you - you are free to find another. Or make your own.

How can you have been a Catholic and not heard of St. Michael? That sounds a bit dubious.

I was taught he was one of the four Archangels- along with Gabriel, Rafael and Lucifer (AKA Satan).

Of course, you study the bible closer, and you find that 'Lucifer" is a mistranslated rendering of a verse referring to the morning star, and "Satan" barely appears in the old Testament, but when he does, he is doing God's bidding.

Forum List

Back