Jeb Bush: Let's Focus On Helping Christian Syrian Refugees, Rather Than Muslims

Are you seriously out of your mind? We should not consider the refugees' religion--after what just happened in Paris?! When's the last time you heard about a Christian Arab carrying out a terrorist attack?

Seriously, what is wrong with you? I'm not kidding. How could any rational person who wants a safe country make such an astoundingly foolish statement as to say that we should not consider the refugees' religion after what has just occurred in Paris?
Incorrect.

There's clearly something wrong with anyone who advocates for the hateful notion of denying civilian war refugees asylum predicated solely on their religion; the notion is utterly reprehensible.

This is about the unwarranted hatred and bigotry of Muslims, where the Paris attacks are being used in a lame effort to 'justify' that unwarranted hatred and bigotry.

Not all Muslims are 'terrorists,' the attackers are not 'representative' of all Muslims – to 'argue' otherwise fails as a composition fallacy, devoid of reason, common sense, and merit.
utterly reprehensible or typical Republican?

Seems logical to me. We don't have to worry about the Christian refugees (or any nonmuslim refugee), bombing our cities and if we do consider letting the Muslim ones it it doesn't hurt to delay it until we have a better getting process in place.

Why are NaziCons so fearful of everything? They probably don't walk in sunlight for fear of seeing their shadow. It really is sadly funny how they want to spend nearly the entire U.S. budget on defense - while ignoring infrastructure and social issues.
And how many syrians are at your house presently?

Here for you GOP Chicken shits
dependundergarmentformen.jpg

"Jeb Bush: Let's Focus On Helping Christian Syrian Refugees, Rather Than Muslims"

"Obama Slams Suggested Religious Test for Syrian Refugees as 'Shameful'

That's shameful. That’s not American. That’s not who we are"

Obama Slams Suggested Religious Test for Syrian Refugees

The president is correct, Bush is indeed wrong.
I asked earlier if selecting immigrants on religious grounds is constitutional.
I haven't had an answer.

Yes, it is.

Congress can select any grounds it wants. We owe want to be immigrants nothing.

Are you seriously out of your mind? We should not consider the refugees' religion--after what just happened in Paris?! When's the last time you heard about a Christian Arab carrying out a terrorist attack?

Seriously, what is wrong with you? I'm not kidding. How could any rational person who wants a safe country make such an astoundingly foolish statement as to say that we should not consider the refugees' religion after what has just occurred in Paris?
But...is it constitutional?

Yes.

Incorrect.

There's clearly something wrong with anyone who advocates for the hateful notion of denying civilian war refugees asylum predicated solely on their religion; the notion is utterly reprehensible.

This is about the unwarranted hatred and bigotry of Muslims, where the Paris attacks are being used in a lame effort to 'justify' that unwarranted hatred and bigotry.

Not all Muslims are 'terrorists,' the attackers are not 'representative' of all Muslims – to 'argue' otherwise fails as a composition fallacy, devoid of reason, common sense, and merit.
utterly reprehensible or typical Republican?

Typical Republican.....Stereotype Republican

Actually we had taken in thousands of Vietnamese refugees who were given special status. The difference is those people like other immigrants thankful to be here, assimilated to American culture and learned our language and customs while honoring their own culture.

If we could only get the Oath Keepers, the Sovereign Citizens the KKK and the Cliven Bundys and the wing nuts in the former confederate states and elsewhere to be Loyal Americans

Last edited:
Bush said that the U.S. should use a careful screening process to ensure the refugees it accepts are Christian.

In the wake of the Paris terror attacks, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said Sunday that American aid toward refugees should be geared toward Christians who are fleeing persecution in Syria, as opposed to those who are Muslim.

"I think we need to do thorough screening and take in a limited number," Bush said on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday. "There are a lot of Christians in Syria that have no place now. They'll be either executed or imprisoned, either by Assad or by ISIS. We should focus our efforts as it relates to the refugees for the Christians that are being slaughtered."

More: Jeb Bush: Let's Focus On Helping The Christian Syrian Refugees, Rather Than The Muslims

Religion should have nothing to do with which refugees are accepted - so long as they go through a careful screening process. Our "Godless" Constitution gives us a "secular" government that applies equally to all religions - and Atheists. To my knowledge - there has never been a religious test for previous refugees throughout American history. No preferential treatment for Christian refugees!
How do you tell them apart? Or will they asked to swear on the bible that Jesus is their savior?

:lmao:

Bush said that the U.S. should use a careful screening process to ensure the refugees it accepts are Christian.

In the wake of the Paris terror attacks, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R) said Sunday that American aid toward refugees should be geared toward Christians who are fleeing persecution in Syria, as opposed to those who are Muslim.

"I think we need to do thorough screening and take in a limited number," Bush said on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday. "There are a lot of Christians in Syria that have no place now. They'll be either executed or imprisoned, either by Assad or by ISIS. We should focus our efforts as it relates to the refugees for the Christians that are being slaughtered."

More: Jeb Bush: Let's Focus On Helping The Christian Syrian Refugees, Rather Than The Muslims

Religion should have nothing to do with which refugees are accepted - so long as they go through a careful screening process. Our "Godless" Constitution gives us a "secular" government that applies equally to all religions - and Atheists. To my knowledge - there has never been a religious test for previous refugees throughout American history. No preferential treatment for Christian refugees!
How do you tell them apart? Or will they asked to swear on the bible that Jesus is their savior?

Similar to Daesh asking the people they imprison to convert to Islam or die. Can you see the parallel?

Similar to Daesh asking the people they imprison to convert to Islam or die. Can you see the parallel?

Not really.

They are welcome to NOT come here. It is on them to convince us to let them come here.

Very different.

To be clear, I agree the asking them to swear on a bible is not a good answer. They will lie.

Not really.

They are welcome to NOT come here. It is on them to convince us to let them come here.

Very different.

To be clear, I agree the asking them to swear on a bible is not a good answer. They will lie.

Republican Fascist

At least the Christians are not trying to murder us.

You think? You want me to post a couple of links where right wingers go berserk? I am a Christian, and you cannot base your trust on someone's religion. Extremism, regardless of the belief of religion is dangerous.

That headline isn't correct.
The real story is that the passport of a Syrian refugee was found next to a dead terrorist.
It hasn't yet been confirmed that it belonged to one of the terrorists.

Yeah, because it could easily have been one of the patrons who bought tickets to see an American rock band who had the Syrian passport
Yep, or it could have been planted there, or it could have belonged to the terrorist...who knows at this point?
You'd make a real shitty cop. Your powers of deduction are beyond ignorant.
Really?
Cops should make an immediate deduction without investigation?
In that case you're probably right.

All they had to do was look at the picture in the passport, moron.
I though this might interest you.
Serbian police have arrested a man carrying a Syrian passport with the same details as one found near the body of one of the Paris suicide bombers, police sources told the Guardian.

The passport bears the same name and details – but a different photograph – as the document found near one of the men who attacked the Stade de France.

Serbian officials said that they believe both passports are fake, but added that they are working with French investigators to establish the origin of the documents.

French police found a passport in the name of Ahmad Almohammad, 25, near the body of one of the men who attacked France’s national football stadium on Friday.
Serbian police arrest man with Syrian ID matching name of Paris suicide bomber

You think? You want me to post a couple of links where right wingers go berserk? I am a Christian, and you cannot base your trust on someone's religion. Extremism, regardless of the belief of religion is dangerous.
You dipshit. You know damn well that Muslim extremists are FAR MORE LIKELY to engage in violence for their beliefs than are Christians.

Fuck you.

Yeah, because it could easily have been one of the patrons who bought tickets to see an American rock band who had the Syrian passport
Yep, or it could have been planted there, or it could have belonged to the terrorist...who knows at this point?
You'd make a real shitty cop. Your powers of deduction are beyond ignorant.
Really?
Cops should make an immediate deduction without investigation?
In that case you're probably right.

All they had to do was look at the picture in the passport, moron.
I though this might interest you.
Serbian police have arrested a man carrying a Syrian passport with the same details as one found near the body of one of the Paris suicide bombers, police sources told the Guardian.

The passport bears the same name and details – but a different photograph – as the document found near one of the men who attacked the Stade de France.

Serbian officials said that they believe both passports are fake, but added that they are working with French investigators to establish the origin of the documents.

French police found a passport in the name of Ahmad Almohammad, 25, near the body of one of the men who attacked France’s national football stadium on Friday.
Serbian police arrest man with Syrian ID matching name of Paris suicide bomber

What that shows is that the muzzie savages are using fake passports to enter the country. It doesn't show the passport was "planted."

No one gets nervous at the airport when they see a priest carrying a Bible. On the other hand, lots of people get nervous when they seem some imam wearing is traditional Muslim garb.

Forum List

Back