Jewish leaders tell Trump he's not welcome in Pittsburgh until he denounces white nationalism

Jewish leaders tell Trump he's not welcome in Pittsburgh until he denounces white nationalism

A group of Jewish leaders told President Trump that he is no longer welcome in Pittsburgh until he denounces white nationalism following the shooting at a synagogue there over the weekend.

Eleven members of the Pittsburgh affiliate of Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice penned a letter to Trump following the Saturday shooting at the Tree of Life Synagogue.

“Our Jewish community is not the only group you have targeted,” the group wrote. “You have also deliberately undermined the safety of people of color, Muslims, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities. Yesterday’s massacre is not the first act of terror you incited against a minority group in our country.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like these Jewish folk have a good bead on Trump's bullshit technique.

Well, I guess POTUS Jackass fvcked up that opportunity.
Dear caddo kid
I can totally understand not wanting Trump to visit if the focus is to politicize gun rights etc.
However, I heard on the radio this morning a Jewish leader welcoming Trump as the President of the United States.

Tree of Life community leaders split on potential Trump visit to Pittsburgh after shooting at the synagogue - CNNPolitics

Rabbi Jeffrey Myers, who was leading services at the Tree of Life Synagogue during Saturday's shooting, told CNN's "New Day" Monday morning that, "the President of the United States is always welcome."
"I'm a citizen. He's my president. He is certainly welcome," Myers said.

caddo kid
Please have the courage to stand for your own beliefs, if how YOU feel is "not wanting Trump to visit."
Don't just be chicken and point to "others saying that."

Everyone should have right and responsibility for whatever we feel.
What causes PROBLEMS is trying to push "whole groups" to represent that,
and attack "other groups" for believing otherwise.

If we respect and include each person, regardless what they believe or feel,
we wouldn't be experiencing this contest to bully one way over another.

How can we partake in this same behavior while condemning it at the same time?
Does that make any sense?

Oh how simple minded one must be to think he isn't wanted their because a few butthurt assholes said so.

Republicans raised double that amount for child killer Zimmerman's defense. For killing a black child
Stop being such a damn dishonest partisan. Good Allah you have an EVIL soul (assuming you still have one)

Here's the "child"

JUMAANE-WILLIAMS-TRAYVON-MARTIN.jpg

Last edited:
The rabbi had the correct response to whether Trump should come.

Trump will visit city Tuesday to

this other social justice group, exposes the left yet again.

In an open letter from the group, the officials allege that Mr. Trump -- through his words and policies -- has "emboldened a growing white nationalist movement" while endangering minorities.

"President Trump, you are not welcome in Pittsburgh until you commit yourself to compassionate, democratic policies that recognize the dignity of all of us," the group wrote.

Hmmm, I wonder what those policies are, anyone care to guess?

From your link
ED8A947E-262B-44FA-B411-1806A790A033.png

Free Country and the President and i go where we like . And i think that the Trump is headed to Pittsburghs 'squirrel city' shortly BSailor .

Ya’ll are leaving the “h” off of Pittsburgh. I normally wouldn’t call out spelling, but we fought the government last century and made them restore our beloved letter. :lol:
I was not aware of that, duly noted!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...fighter-terminated-for-applauding-6341462.php

A Texas fire department terminated a volunteer firefighter after he wrote a Facebook post praising Dylann Roof, the suspect in a mass shooting at a historic black church in Charleston that left nine people dead.

Kurtis Cook wrote that the alleged gunman "needs to be praised for the good deed he has done," according to screenshots of Cook's comments making the rounds on social media.

The Associated Press also reported that Earl Holt — leader of the Council of Conservative Citizens, a white supremacist group cited by Roof — has donated $65,000 to several Republican candidates, including Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney.

-------------

I don't really see Democrats doing this kind of thing. They need to go to the GOP if they want to promote this kind of hate.

DqjjKq7WsAAxLK2.jpg

Trump calling himself a "nationalist" is like the Klu Klux Klan calling themselves the "Klux Klan" and saying they aren't racists.

Well, the community where the temple is doesn't want him there. Personally? I don't think that inserting himself into a place that doesn't want him is politically stupid. Especially because of the reason the community is in grief.

Quick question for you conservatives, if your community had experienced a shooting in a place of worship where lots of people died, how would you feel about the person visiting whom you held partially responsible because of their inflammatory rhetoric?
So no democrats will show up there?
He has never said anything negative about Jews, his daughter converted to Judaism........sorry it's not a legitimate question. But how does disinviting him help you at all. It's like the blacks that doesn't want to talk to Trump, how are they ever going to help improve the conditions of black people with talking with him? it makes no sense, unless results are not important, but politics and optics are .

Republicans raised double that amount for child killer Zimmerman's defense. For killing a black child
Stop being such a damn dishonest partisan. Good Allah you have an EVIL soul (assuming you still have one)

Here's the "child"

He was two weeks into 17. In this state, that's a child. Thanks for proving my point.

How the Gun Lobby, Conservatives, and Right-Wing Media Are Defending George Zimmerman

How the gun lobby, conservatives, and right-wing media have rallied to defend the man who killed Trayvon Martin.

Well, the community where the temple is doesn't want him there. Personally? I don't think that inserting himself into a place that doesn't want him is politically stupid. Especially because of the reason the community is in grief.

Quick question for you conservatives, if your community had experienced a shooting in a place of worship where lots of people died, how would you feel about the person visiting whom you held partially responsible because of their inflammatory rhetoric?

I don't know, but the first time a loud mouth democrat decides to visit
I'll let you know.

Here's the "child"

He was two weeks into 17. In this state, that's a child. Thanks for proving my point.

How the Gun Lobby, Conservatives, and Right-Wing Media Are Defending George Zimmerman

How the gun lobby, conservatives, and right-wing media have rallied to defend the man who killed Trayvon Martin.

So you would change his diaper?

Jo

Here's the "child"

What state classifies a seventeen year old teenager as a "child"? I'd like to see the exact state law that says that.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/l...fighter-terminated-for-applauding-6341462.php

A Texas fire department terminated a volunteer firefighter after he wrote a Facebook post praising Dylann Roof, the suspect in a mass shooting at a historic black church in Charleston that left nine people dead.

Kurtis Cook wrote that the alleged gunman "needs to be praised for the good deed he has done," according to screenshots of Cook's comments making the rounds on social media.

The Associated Press also reported that Earl Holt — leader of the Council of Conservative Citizens, a white supremacist group cited by Roof — has donated $65,000 to several Republican candidates, including Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Rick Santorum and Mitt Romney.

-------------

I don't really see Democrats doing this kind of thing. They need to go to the GOP if they want to promote this kind of hate.

DqjjKq7WsAAxLK2.jpg

Trump calling himself a "nationalist" is like the Klu Klux Klan calling themselves the "Klux Klan" and saying they aren't racists.

So you have a picture of trump in a racist newspaper and you think you have what?
I dread to think of what your IQ test would reveal if you are serious about that post.
Alternately you could just be a dishonest bullshit artist. I'm not sure which applies... But I am sure that it's one of them.

Jo

My guess is zero, but how many people will be disgusted with this shameful exploitation of this tragedy for political purposes and become Trump supporters in response?

That's the part they keep missing. What a crock of shit.... I wonder which members of the DNC drafted that letter.

Jo
The organization, Bend the Arc, is an extremist left wing organization that broke away from mainstream Jewish organization is Los Angeles in the late 1990's and is funded by George Soros, who has his son, Alexander sitting on its board of directors, so perhaps the question should be, which Soros drafted the letter?
So WHAT? Do you hear the Left lying about the Koch Brothers and blaming them for every goddamned thing they don't like that comes from a conservative organization? Jesus Christ, give it a rest, will ya? You're a little old for boogey men under the bed stories.
If you have been listening, you have heard the left lying about the Koch brothers and blaming them for everything they don't like, however I didn't lie about Bend the Arc. Look it up on Wiki. The point is this group was misrepresented as "leaders" of the Jewish community when they are in fact on the far left fringe of the Jewish community, not leaders at all. The letter is a sleazy way of accusing Trump of having previously supported white nationalists, which is a lie, and the fact that this group chose to exploit the tragedy in Pittsburgh for political purposes marks them as people of especially low character.

You are polite....
Not me ... I call them what they are..
Cadaver Bangers.

Jo
Dqs-9GyWkAUfLUa.jpg

No one is as good at creating cadavers as Republicans.

Here's the "child"

What state classifies a seventeen year old teenager as a "child"? I'd like to see the exact state law that says that.
All of them?

https://hrpo.wustl.edu/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/5-Determining-Legal-Age-to-Consent.pdf

It is nice to know you consider killing an unarmed black child OK.

Please don't join the police. We don't need more of your kind.

Here's the "child"

Juvenile. Happy now? LOL

-------------

na·tion·al·ist
/ˈnaSH(ə)nələst/

noun

• 1. a person who strongly identifies with their own nation and vigorously supports its interests, especially to the exclusion or detriment of the interests of other nations: "he was a staunch nationalist during his 22 years in power"
Please point out the part that is racist, if you think you can. You obviously don't know the meaning of words you throw around.

Forum List

Back