Jodi Arias Penalty

HA!! Brain defect!

Raine surmised that some of these behaviors could indicate something amiss in the brain. In 1997, with positron emission tomography (PET) that tracked the volume of blood (and oxygen) flowing through various brain regions during specific activities, Raine compared 41 murderers against 41 matched controls. He found brain deficits or abnormalities in most of the violent individuals.

These deficits showed up in the limbic system, corpus callosum (which connects the brain halves), left angular gyrus, and areas of the prefrontal cortex, where executive decisions are made and inappropriate behavior inhibited.

Fledgling Psychopaths

Do we know yet if it’s nature or nurture?

Fledgling Psychopaths | Psychology Today

This Charming Psychopath

How to spot social predators before they attack.

This Charming Psychopath | Psychology Today

….Be aware of who the victim is. Psychopaths often give the impression that it is they who are suffering and that the victims are to blame for their misery. Don't waste your sympathy on them.

I'm still swearing on the Bible that my ex is a Psychopath! I read the article in the 2nd link and was telling myself, "I know someone that is exactly like that." when reading through the things to look for. I recommend everyone read that and read it again and again. Let the 'signs' stick in your head, to the point you dream about them.

Do we know yet if Willmott and Nurmi will be representing her if the prosecution opts to retry the sentencing phase? Is it too early to know whether the prosecutor's office will go forward? I haven't been seeking out more info so I feel out of the loop. Whatever happens I hope she rots.

"I hope she rots" - Me, the Forum, May 29, 2013

I guess they will be released if the next phase is scheduled far in advance. Which would then require it to be really pushed back so that the new attorneys could get up to speed.

HA!! Brain defect!

Raine surmised that some of these behaviors could indicate something amiss in the brain. In 1997, with positron emission tomography (PET) that tracked the volume of blood (and oxygen) flowing through various brain regions during specific activities, Raine compared 41 murderers against 41 matched controls. He found brain deficits or abnormalities in most of the violent individuals.

These deficits showed up in the limbic system, corpus callosum (which connects the brain halves), left angular gyrus, and areas of the prefrontal cortex, where executive decisions are made and inappropriate behavior inhibited.

In earlier pieces by Raine, he admitted that his brain scan shows the same pattern as a psychopath, so either is one, or nurture plays a role, and he isn't one.

Last edited:
Fledgling Psychopaths

Do we know yet if it’s nature or nurture?

Fledgling Psychopaths | Psychology Today

This Charming Psychopath

How to spot social predators before they attack.

This Charming Psychopath | Psychology Today

….Be aware of who the victim is. Psychopaths often give the impression that it is they who are suffering and that the victims are to blame for their misery. Don't waste your sympathy on them.

I'm still swearing on the Bible that my ex is a Psychopath! I read the article in the 2nd link and was telling myself, "I know someone that is exactly like that." when reading through the things to look for. I recommend everyone read that and read it again and again. Let the 'signs' stick in your head, to the point you dream about them.

Here's the repost of the refrigerator check list:

The Sociopathic Style: Classic Sociopathic Traits

HA!! Brain defect!

In earlier pieces by Raine, he admitted that his brain scan shows the same pattern as a psychopath, so either is one, or nurture plays a role, and he isn't one.

I haven't made it through the latest stack of sociopath links. I'll save that for bedtime reading. lol

Forum List

Back