Jodi Arias Penalty

Tink, he got 28 years. And is looking to get that reduced.

On January 13, 2012, Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years imprisonment for the murder of Flores
Joran van der Sloot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joran van der Sloot seeks reduced sentenced for Peru murder

Joran van der Sloot seeks early prison release, marriage behind bars - Minneapolis Top News | Examiner.com
Joran van der Sloot seeks reduced sentenced for Peru murder - Crimesider - CBS News
Interesting so he's trying to get it reduced to 20 years instead. Do we know how long he's been in there at this point? I thought I had read the woman is pregnant too... some prison term he gets conjugal visits? That guy is a psycho for sure. The extradition is for fraud not for the Halloway disappearance right? That was in Aruba.

Yeah she is pregnant. And they do get conjugal visits...

On January 13, 2012, Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years imprisonment for the murder of Flores

Joran van der Sloot seeks early prison release, marriage behind bars - Minneapolis Top News | Examiner.com
Joran van der Sloot seeks reduced sentenced for Peru murder - Crimesider - CBS News

Thanks TW. I got side tracked while looking it all up. Lol

Now THAT guy is a psycho. Holy psycho.

And he impregnated the Peruvian woman he's marrying while he's in prison. ha ha ha ha

And he's got her in The Web because.... he's a psycho.

>>>There is speculation, however, that the marriage is a move to avoid extradition to the U.S. to face extortion charges. Van der Sloot is accused of receiving $25,000 from Natalee Holloway’s mother in 2010, in exchange for information on where Holloway’s body can be found. The information he provided was allegedly false, and a U.S. District Court has since charged him with extortion and wire fraud.

And he's a cop? Cops are on the psycho list.

Case closed.

What's the next one on the list we need to handle?

Why do these trials take so long anyhow? Throw them over here, we'll have it decided in 10 minutes, sentenced in 2.

Personally I'm a fan of due process and waiting to hear it all before making a decision its only fair. This all sounds suspicious but I don't know the facts, it is very fishy to me that a cop would be that stupid and make it looks so obvious.

I believe he probably only considered destroying evidence with the fire, as in nothing forensic can be recovered, but didn't consider that self immolation plus a gunshot suicide with kids in the house was a cockamamie story. Plus, he was probably rageful when she told him she was leaving, so he didn't think things through. Consider some of the "geniuses" who didn't think things through, lol.
Yeah but even still a burnt body would show a bullet to the back of the neck who shoots themselves in the back of the neck? And what if he couldn't get the kids out. I don't know the whole thing is bizarre. He looks like he may have been on drugs at the time too. There was a big change in his appearance and weight loss and his pupils are huge in the mug shot.

Interesting so he's trying to get it reduced to 20 years instead. Do we know how long he's been in there at this point? I thought I had read the woman is pregnant too... some prison term he gets conjugal visits? That guy is a psycho for sure. The extradition is for fraud not for the Halloway disappearance right? That was in Aruba.

Tink, in the US he is charged with extortion, but it sounds like they want him held until they can conjure up a murder charge:

Van der Sloot has been indicted in the U.S. on charges that he extorted $25,000 from the mother of Natalee Holloway. The 18-year-old from Mountain Brook, Ala., vanished while on a class trip to Aruba. She was last seen leaving an Oranjestad nightclub with van der Sloot, then a 17-year-old Dutch honors student living in Aruba. Holloway's body has never been found, and van der Sloot has not been charged in her disappearance.
Prosecutors said that in exchange for the money he received from Holloway’s mother, van der Sloot promised to reveal how Holloway died and the location of her body.
….According to Griffith, whose most renowned case, involving an American incarcerated in a Turkish prison, was the basis for the film and book "Midnight Express," Van der Sloot would likely face a five- to 10-year sentence in the U.S. for the alleged extortion. But, it is possible additional charges related to Holloway could be filed later.

Joran van der Sloot's U.S. Extradition Approved

And he impregnated the Peruvian woman he's marrying while he's in prison. ha ha ha ha

>>>There is speculation, however, that the marriage is a move to avoid extradition to the U.S. to face extortion charges. Van der Sloot is accused of receiving $25,000 from Natalee Holloway’s mother in 2010, in exchange for information on where Holloway’s body can be found. The information he provided was allegedly false, and a U.S. District Court has since charged him with extortion and wire fraud.

Hopefully she doesn't piss him off. Just sayin'.

I gotta get that book now. Lol I'm still reading the book by Jose Biaz right now though. And Tink I am gonna get a kindle now. Saving up.

AND he used the 25k to go to Peru and play poker where he met and killed the other girl Stephanie Perez (not positive on the last name)

sorry OT but I was looking up stuff on extraditions and found this on Amanda Knox.

Meredith Kercher murder case: Amanda Knox will never be extradited to Italy.

Thanks. When I read her book italian jail sounded like much more fun than American jail, the jail cells have their own kitchens and bathrooms and they can decorate them. They get to wear their own clothing etc

You never told me - did that end up being good?

It was interesting but not in an I couldn't put it down kind of way. It wasn't bad but I didn't learn a whole lot of new info. I want to read Soliceto's book I'd like to hear his perspective. He and Amanda are still friends though.

Personally I'm a fan of due process and waiting to hear it all before making a decision its only fair. This all sounds suspicious but I don't know the facts, it is very fishy to me that a cop would be that stupid and make it looks so obvious.

I believe he probably only considered destroying evidence with the fire, as in nothing forensic can be recovered, but didn't consider that self immolation plus a gunshot suicide with kids in the house was a cockamamie story. Plus, he was probably rageful when she told him she was leaving, so he didn't think things through. Consider some of the "geniuses" who didn't think things through, lol.
Yeah but even still a burnt body would show a bullet to the back of the neck who shoots themselves in the back of the neck? And what if he couldn't get the kids out. I don't know the whole thing is bizarre. He looks like he may have been on drugs at the time too. There was a big change in his appearance and weight loss and his pupils are huge in the mug shot.

Who keeps saying psychos are so smart anyhow? They get a couple moves into the chess game and run up against the socio SQUIRREL! wall and don't go any farther until it becomes obvious that didn't work, then they plan out a couple more moves in another direction.

I'm going to have to go read up on this case now, although just from what you've said, he's done. Is this a dp case?

Here we go: Anti-socials or borderlines often abuse drugs. So that may not be a mitigating factor.

Tink, in the US he is charged with extortion, but it sounds like they want him held until they can conjure up a murder charge:

Van der Sloot has been indicted in the U.S. on charges that he extorted $25,000 from the mother of Natalee Holloway. The 18-year-old from Mountain Brook, Ala., vanished while on a class trip to Aruba. She was last seen leaving an Oranjestad nightclub with van der Sloot, then a 17-year-old Dutch honors student living in Aruba. Holloway's body has never been found, and van der Sloot has not been charged in her disappearance.
Prosecutors said that in exchange for the money he received from Holloway’s mother, van der Sloot promised to reveal how Holloway died and the location of her body.
….According to Griffith, whose most renowned case, involving an American incarcerated in a Turkish prison, was the basis for the film and book "Midnight Express," Van der Sloot would likely face a five- to 10-year sentence in the U.S. for the alleged extortion. But, it is possible additional charges related to Holloway could be filed later.

I don't see how they would get a murder charge for a murder committed in another country. She was in Aruba when she disappeared as was he.

Thanks. When I read her book italian jail sounded like much more fun than American jail, the jail cells have their own kitchens and bathrooms and they can decorate them. They get to wear their own clothing etc

You never told me - did that end up being good?

It was interesting but not in an I couldn't put it down kind of way. It wasn't bad but I didn't learn a whole lot of new info. I want to read Soliceto's book I'd like to hear his perspective. He and Amanda are still friends though.

I'd like to read his more than hers, he fell into the cracks with all the hype. It'd be interesting to hear his view.

YAY on the no extradition on her.

AND he used the 25k to go to Peru and play poker where he met and killed the other girl Stephanie Perez (not positive on the last name)

That's right. I forgot about that.

I don't see how they would get a murder charge for a murder committed in another country. She was in Aruba when she disappeared as was he.

I have no idea. Maybe there is some federal charge somehow, don't know.

Here we go: Anti-socials or borderlines often abuse drugs. So that may not be a mitigating factor.

Well I don't know if he's antisocial or bpd I really don't know anything at all about the guy. But just drugs alone could have caused him to go into a rage or lose it. Not sure. They said possible steroids too.

That's right. I forgot about that.

Flores.

Forum List

Back