Jodi Arias Penalty

Hey! No...

Just saying "Hey" and "No".

lol
Hi Testa!

Lol I just can't get into it. I am burnt out on trials I think. Or my heads still stuck in this arias trial till its over.

I caught glimpses of info. Doesn't sound like a suicide on the surface of it. She supposedly shot herself, but the gun was found underneath her torso. Also, she set the house on fire with her little kids inside, why? It makes no sense.

Who commits suicide by shooting themselves and setting the house on fire? Why leave a note if you intend to destroy everything? Why would you subject your kids to that type of risk?

I'm sorry, what? Shoot yourself, set the house on fire? lol

Whenever the words "who commits?" or "who does that?" are used, something is fishy.

Apparently she told some co workers she was worried he would kill her make it look like a suicide and set the house on fire...

Apparently she told some co workers she was worried he would kill her make it look like a suicide and set the house on fire...

And he's a cop? Cops are on the psycho list.

Case closed.

What's the next one on the list we need to handle?

Why do these trials take so long anyhow? Throw them over here, we'll have it decided in 10 minutes, sentenced in 2.

Speaking of psychos, did you hear that there will be wedding bells for Joran Van der Sloot?
Coincidentally, ahem, marrying a citizen of Peru makes you a citizen of Peru. Supposedly citizens can't be extradited to the US. Isn't that convenient? It must be true love.

Case closed.

Why do these trials take so long anyhow? Throw them over here, we'll have it decided in 10 minutes, sentenced in 2.

Lol that's hilarious!

Case closed.

Personally I'm a fan of due process and waiting to hear it all before making a decision its only fair. This all sounds suspicious but I don't know the facts, it is very fishy to me that a cop would be that stupid and make it looks so obvious.

Speaking of psychos, did you hear that there will be wedding bells for Joran Van der Sloot?
Coincidentally, ahem, marrying a citizen of Peru makes you a citizen of Peru. Supposedly citizens can't be extradited to the US. Isn't that convenient? It must be true love.

Before he was married could he be extradited while serving his 32 year prison sentence?

Before he was married could he be extradited while serving his 32 year prison sentence?

No, after. And I don't know the laws in Peru as to whether he can be released before the 32 years.

Last edited:

Case closed.

Personally I'm a fan of due process and waiting to hear it all before making a decision its only fair. This all sounds suspicious but I don't know the facts, it is very fishy to me that a cop would be that stupid and make it looks so obvious.

I believe he probably only considered destroying evidence with the fire, as in nothing forensic can be recovered, but didn't consider that self immolation plus a gunshot suicide with kids in the house was a cockamamie story. Plus, he was probably rageful when she told him she was leaving, so he didn't think things through. Consider some of the "geniuses" who didn't think things through, lol.

I don't know which CBS you are talking about, but I can't imagine Scott Pelley doing this interview. If he, or any of the high profile anchors, like Brian Williams, drew the short stick to do this, none of them would be tossing softball questions. It would have been an aggressive interview, more so than any we have seen thus far. Why does she, in any way, deserve to be handled with kid gloves? She's a convicted felon, of a brutal first degree murder, not some president of a church ladies' club. Scheduling multiple interviews directly after a verdict, demanding make-up and camera positions sans the stripes, like some B movie starlet, practically demands ridicule.

In a perfect world, everyone would have ignored her.

Yeah, like you guys ignore her? LOL

Tink, he got 28 years. And is looking to get that reduced.

On January 13, 2012, Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years imprisonment for the murder of Flores
Joran van der Sloot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joran van der Sloot seeks reduced sentenced for Peru murder

Joran van der Sloot seeks early prison release, marriage behind bars - Minneapolis Top News | Examiner.com
Joran van der Sloot seeks reduced sentenced for Peru murder - Crimesider - CBS News

Thanks TW. I got side tracked while looking it all up. Lol

Some people identify with Jodi Arias a bit too much and then look for attention in much the same way.

Since we are talking about a few cases, maybe we should re-do the thread title to "crime stories in the news"?

Tink, he got 28 years. And is looking to get that reduced.

On January 13, 2012, Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years imprisonment for the murder of Flores
Joran van der Sloot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Joran van der Sloot seeks reduced sentenced for Peru murder

Joran van der Sloot seeks early prison release, marriage behind bars - Minneapolis Top News | Examiner.com
Joran van der Sloot seeks reduced sentenced for Peru murder - Crimesider - CBS News
Interesting so he's trying to get it reduced to 20 years instead. Do we know how long he's been in there at this point? I thought I had read the woman is pregnant too... some prison term he gets conjugal visits? That guy is a psycho for sure. The extradition is for fraud not for the Halloway disappearance right? That was in Aruba.

Forum List

Back