Jodi Arias Penalty

Tink, in the US he is charged with extortion, but it sounds like they want him held until they can conjure up a murder charge:

Van der Sloot has been indicted in the U.S. on charges that he extorted $25,000 from the mother of Natalee Holloway. The 18-year-old from Mountain Brook, Ala., vanished while on a class trip to Aruba. She was last seen leaving an Oranjestad nightclub with van der Sloot, then a 17-year-old Dutch honors student living in Aruba. Holloway's body has never been found, and van der Sloot has not been charged in her disappearance.
Prosecutors said that in exchange for the money he received from Holloway’s mother, van der Sloot promised to reveal how Holloway died and the location of her body.
….According to Griffith, whose most renowned case, involving an American incarcerated in a Turkish prison, was the basis for the film and book "Midnight Express," Van der Sloot would likely face a five- to 10-year sentence in the U.S. for the alleged extortion. But, it is possible additional charges related to Holloway could be filed later.

Joran van der Sloot's U.S. Extradition Approved
I don't see how they would get a murder charge for a murder committed in another country. She was in Aruba when she disappeared as was he.

I have no idea. Maybe there is some federal charge somehow, don't know.
But federal only covers the USA no? It would have to be international. I believe I had read that they wanted to use it as leverage to get him to tell what happened and find the body. I think they just want the closure and to bury their daughter.

Yeah but even still a burnt body would show a bullet to the back of the neck who shoots themselves in the back of the neck? And what if he couldn't get the kids out. I don't know the whole thing is bizarre. He looks like he may have been on drugs at the time too. There was a big change in his appearance and weight loss and his pupils are huge in the mug shot.

Here we go: Anti-socials or borderlines often abuse drugs. So that may not be a mitigating factor.

Well I don't know if he's antisocial or bpd I really don't know anything at all about the guy. But just drugs alone could have caused him to go into a rage or lose it. Not sure. They said possible steroids too.

Supposedly he was controlling and that's why she had been depressed in the first place. I think her therapist said something about her feeling better once she made the decision to leave him.

You never told me - did that end up being good?

It was interesting but not in an I couldn't put it down kind of way. It wasn't bad but I didn't learn a whole lot of new info. I want to read Soliceto's book I'd like to hear his perspective. He and Amanda are still friends though.

I'd like to read his more than hers, he fell into the cracks with all the hype. It'd be interesting to hear his view.

YAY on the no extradition on her.
Yeah me too!
I think Amanda is innocent and she was young and got caught up but I will say this, she's another one that just doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut. Even still.

Thanks TW. I got side tracked while looking it all up. Lol

Now THAT guy is a psycho. Holy psycho.

And he impregnated the Peruvian woman he's marrying while he's in prison. ha ha ha ha

And he's got her in The Web because.... he's a psycho.

>>>There is speculation, however, that the marriage is a move to avoid extradition to the U.S. to face extortion charges. Van der Sloot is accused of receiving $25,000 from Natalee Holloway’s mother in 2010, in exchange for information on where Holloway’s body can be found. The information he provided was allegedly false, and a U.S. District Court has since charged him with extortion and wire fraud.

AND he used the 25k to go to Peru and play poker where he met and killed the other girl Stephanie Perez (not positive on the last name)

Total mememe psycho, you can see it all over him. This detection thing really works. 5 months studying up on psychos and you can spot them a mile away. I'm glad we all got something out of this and had a little education. Thanks for educating us on psycho awareness, JoJo.

I wanted to ask you guys on this guy...

The Preacher's Passion - 48 Hours - CBS News

Psycho?

I don't see how they would get a murder charge for a murder committed in another country. She was in Aruba when she disappeared as was he.

But federal only covers the USA no? It would have to be international. I believe I had read that they wanted to use it as leverage to get him to tell what happened and find the body. I think they just want the closure and to bury their daughter.

He will never cop to it unless there is something big in it for him. I can't imagine the family trusting him now, in order to reduce his sentence, that he is going to finally fess up to what happened, considering he didn't do so even when he was paid to tell them. They want him held.

And he impregnated the Peruvian woman he's marrying while he's in prison. ha ha ha ha

>>>There is speculation, however, that the marriage is a move to avoid extradition to the U.S. to face extortion charges. Van der Sloot is accused of receiving $25,000 from Natalee Holloway’s mother in 2010, in exchange for information on where Holloway’s body can be found. The information he provided was allegedly false, and a U.S. District Court has since charged him with extortion and wire fraud.

AND he used the 25k to go to Peru and play poker where he met and killed the other girl Stephanie Perez (not positive on the last name)

Total mememe psycho, you can see it all over him. This detection thing really works. 5 months studying up on psychos and you can spot them a mile away. I'm glad we all got something out of this and had a little education. Thanks for educating us on psycho awareness, JoJo.

Psycho?

Were preachers or clergy on the psycho list?

Speaking of psychos, did you hear that there will be wedding bells for Joran Van der Sloot?
Coincidentally, ahem, marrying a citizen of Peru makes you a citizen of Peru. Supposedly citizens can't be extradited to the US. Isn't that convenient? It must be true love.

Van der Sloot. Man, that dude grinds my grapes.

I hope he has an accident in prison.

He will never cop to it unless there is something big in it for him. I can't imagine the family trusting him now, in order to reduce his sentence, that he is going to finally fess up to what happened, considering he didn't do so even when he was paid to tell them. They want him held.

Well that's why I'm thinking that if they can get him to tell in exchange for less jail time and offer proof in terms of a body then maybe. But they could also lie say that he'll get less time who knows.

Well that's why I'm thinking that if they can get him to tell in exchange for less jail time and offer proof in terms of a body then maybe. But they could also lie say that he'll get less time who knows.

She's probably in the ocean and they will never bring her home.

Tink, in the US he is charged with extortion, but it sounds like they want him held until they can conjure up a murder charge:

Van der Sloot has been indicted in the U.S. on charges that he extorted $25,000 from the mother of Natalee Holloway. The 18-year-old from Mountain Brook, Ala., vanished while on a class trip to Aruba. She was last seen leaving an Oranjestad nightclub with van der Sloot, then a 17-year-old Dutch honors student living in Aruba. Holloway's body has never been found, and van der Sloot has not been charged in her disappearance.
Prosecutors said that in exchange for the money he received from Holloway’s mother, van der Sloot promised to reveal how Holloway died and the location of her body.
….According to Griffith, whose most renowned case, involving an American incarcerated in a Turkish prison, was the basis for the film and book "Midnight Express," Van der Sloot would likely face a five- to 10-year sentence in the U.S. for the alleged extortion. But, it is possible additional charges related to Holloway could be filed later.

Joran van der Sloot's U.S. Extradition Approved

I think they just want to get their hands on him and have him here so and can pursue the investigation, maybe waterboard him lol. The Dutch would cooperate filing murder charges if the US could come up with some evidence.

Psycho?

That thing is 42 minutes long? The entire episode? I will have to bookmark it.

Testa I'll check that video out later no time for 45 min right now lol

So apparently this Seacat guy told his counselor he killed her Did Kansas cop kill wife, burn down their home? - CNN.com

"I'm smart enough that if I wanted to kill my wife ... I could've come up with something better than this," Brett Seacat told investigators about the shooting and the fire.

"This is what a crazy person does."

Isn't it funny how people use their own stupidity as a defense?

Testa I'll check that video out later no time for 45 min right now lol

So apparently this Seacat guy told his counselor he killed her Did Kansas cop kill wife, burn down their home? - CNN.com

"I'm smart enough that if I wanted to kill my wife ... I could've come up with something better than this," Brett Seacat told investigators about the shooting and the fire.

"This is what a crazy person does."

Isn't it funny how people use their own stupidity as a defense?

Like Jodi saying she would have at least wore gloves.

• Thanks
Reactions: TW

Forum List

Back