Jodi Arias Penalty

Yes, I think it would take something serious to remove a juror and replace with an alternate.

I think a hung jury would be worse than LWOP. TW is right. If she's given LWOP, then she pretty much disappears and that's what most people want...for her to just go away. A hung jury would probably mean a new penalty phase down the road and this whole ugly saga will just keep going and going. It really is enough already.

My DH is shocked right now. He felt since the jury found unanimously for both M1-premed and the especially cruel aggravating factor, then they would surely agree this warrants the DP. He didn't see the whole trial, just snippets and my biased commentary. But we were both floored when both OJ and Tot Mom (LOL) were acqutted so just goes to show how much we know.

I think maybe people realize when they vote for the death penalty that it's just as though they're killing the person themselves. And regardless of the law, they may not think it's right to kill another human being and they want no part of doing it. Especially if they're Christians and actually follow the teachings of Christ rather than being hypocrites like most Christians are.

That's why they would not be able to serve on a DP case. That's part of what jury selection is for...weeding out those potential jurors who conscientiously object to the DP no matter the circumstances.

Animated_moving_hippo_animation.gif

Thank you Doc

Yes, I think it would take something serious to remove a juror and replace with an alternate.

I think a hung jury would be worse than LWOP. TW is right. If she's given LWOP, then she pretty much disappears and that's what most people want...for her to just go away. A hung jury would probably mean a new penalty phase down the road and this whole ugly saga will just keep going and going. It really is enough already.

My DH is shocked right now. He felt since the jury found unanimously for both M1-premed and the especially cruel aggravating factor, then they would surely agree this warrants the DP. He didn't see the whole trial, just snippets and my biased commentary. But we were both floored when both OJ and Tot Mom (LOL) were acqutted so just goes to show how much we know.

I think maybe people realize when they vote for the death penalty that it's just as though they're killing the person themselves. And regardless of the law, they may not think it's right to kill another human being and they want no part of doing it. Especially if they're Christians and actually follow the teachings of Christ rather than being hypocrites like most Christians are.

That's why they would not be able to serve on a DP case. That's part of what jury selection is for...weeding out those potential jurors who conscientiously object to the DP no matter the circumstances.

Well, sometimes I don't think people even realize they feel that way until presented with the actual opportunity to have someone put to death. And when the reality hits them of what they are doing, they balk.

These jurors were DP qualified so they should be able to do it I feel it is more the split of felony and non felony with the jurors. there was a 7-5 split at conviction.

Question: was Jodi's family in court when the judge told the jury to get back to work.
I have been trying to find them, mI'm sure they weren't

Yeah, the court room didnt look real full...saw travis family there.

I am suspicious as to why they were there so early? Was it to be a constant reminder to the jury when they came out with questions? "Here we are, we are waiting! "

maybe they thought it would be quick. A lot of us did

Yeah, the court room didnt look real full...saw travis family there.

I am suspicious as to why they were there so early? Was it to be a constant reminder to the jury when they came out with questions? "Here we are, we are waiting! "

maybe they thought it would be quick. A lot of us did

Could have been, but I'm glad they were there just the same.
I hope they can clear up their differences so they can close this case and go back to their families and lives.

These jurors were DP qualified so they should be able to do it I feel it is more the split of felony and non felony with the jurors. there was a 7-5 split at conviction.

But what difference would that make? They are both DP convictions and they all agreed premed plus aggravated?

I'm an anti death penalty atheist also I'm a human.... why are we identifying religious affiliations?

Well, sometimes I don't think people even realize they feel that way until presented with the actual opportunity to have someone put to death. And when the reality hits them of what they are doing, they balk.

I would not be able to do it. I would have been weeded out as a juror. But if you are death penalty qualified, and you follow the law, and you have reached all these other thresholds, it is perplexing that they are having such a difficult time in light of the scant mitigation.

I would not be able to do it. I would have been weeded out as a juror. But if you are death penalty qualified, and you follow the law, and you have reached all these other thresholds, it is perplexing that they are having such a difficult time in light of the scant mitigation.

Even juror 8 said it was different qualifying than it would be to impose it

Pro-death penalty Christians. That's why I quit going to church. I couldn't stand the hyprocrisy.

Some Christians go to church to worship God.

Good luck on finding a perfect church, and if you do.... don't join it... you'll ruin it.

Even juror 8 said it was different qualifying than it would be to impose it

I understand it's a heavy decision, but you have to know that going in.

Did you guys hear Beth say on HLN that there was a jury in this county that came back twice and said they were hung and then after 4 more days found unanimous death?

Speaking of hypocrits, NG just said they can't say hate at her house I almost spit out my water LOL

But what difference would that make? They are both DP convictions and they all agreed premed plus aggravated?

I'm an anti death penalty atheist also I'm a human.... why are we identifying religious affiliations?

I am maybe agnostic, but probably more atheist leaning. I'm pretty sure I'm also human, lol.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back