Just a thought for Republicans that dislike Trump.

Lol, the profit does not get passed to the consumer, doofus, but to the stock holders, at least in theory.

You know what else companies pass on to consumers? Their profit.

Damn I hate it when I don't word something properly.
Consumers pay for the profits within a companies goods or services. Along with the taxes and everything else.

The only way a consumer can avoid paying for these company costs and profits is to not purchase the companies goods or services.

Fixed it.

Ted Cruz’s “Business Flat Tax:” A Primer

How Would It Apply To an Ordinary Business’s Income?

The starting point for a subtraction-method value-added tax is pretty simple, especially when it comes to everyday private businesses. You start with all of a business’s revenues. (Most likely, this tax would be filed on a quarterly basis.)

However, you don’t stop there: a problem with counting all business revenues is that it ends up being a double-counting. For example, suppose you love watching Disney movies on Netflix. Netflix gets revenues from your subscription, and then it uses some of that money to pay Disney for the rights to Disney content. If we counted that money both at the Disney level and the Netflix level, we’d end up taxing the same basic product twice, merely because it involves two different companies. This is not good tax policy; that’s why modern tax systems try to avoid this.

The way the subtraction-method VAT fixes this is by, well, subtraction. Under this kind of tax system, Netflix would count all of its revenue, but then subtract the amount that it pays to other businesses, like Disney. Disney would then have to account for its own revenue and also file taxes. The result is that everything gets neatly single-counted, and nothing gets double-counted.

The Flat Tax follows this principle.

kiss1.jpg

The establishment doesn't want it simple..............they can't get their way and kick backs if we simplify the system...............End the 158 Billion a year in subsidies.........and the Earmarks for campaign cash......................and OMG the BRIBING for personal gain and favored status wouldn't work anymore.
1117.gif

Not as simple as the fair tax. The fair tax is collected at POS. With the flat tax, you still have to define what you're taxing and measure it and you still have tax cheats who evade taxes, particularly in cash businesses.

I'll add an R to your KISS, Keep It REALLY Simple, Stupid
aka a VAT........................no deal.........
So you can't back it up with content.

And BTW, the Fair Tax is completely different than a VAT. A VAT taxes at every level. That like the current income tax code provides disincentives to efficiency. The Fair Tax is a single tax on the end product. Those are fundamentally different things
BS....................I looked at the tax policy analysis on it...............It is taxed in stages until it is at the final product stage.........each paying a portion of the tax on the ladder...............and EACH PASSING ON THE COST UP THE LADDER.............which is EXACTLY why it is a HIDDEN TAX..............

It is liked because business will keep it honest because they will refuse to pay the taxes by the lower chain. Because they get a Credit for taxes already paid.

BUT IT IS ALL IN THE FINAL PRICE.

I don't know what you're reading, but that is how a VAT works. It is not how the Fair Tax works. The Fair Tax is a tax paid once on the primary market. Go back and re-read whatever told you that because if it was about the Fair Tax, it was wrong

The starting point for a subtraction-method value-added tax is pretty simple, especially when it comes to everyday private businesses. You start with all of a business’s revenues. (Most likely, this tax would be filed on a quarterly basis.)

However, you don’t stop there: a problem with counting all business revenues is that it ends up being a double-counting. For example, suppose you love watching Disney movies on Netflix. Netflix gets revenues from your subscription, and then it uses some of that money to pay Disney for the rights to Disney content. If we counted that money both at the Disney level and the Netflix level, we’d end up taxing the same basic product twice, merely because it involves two different companies. This is not good tax policy; that’s why modern tax systems try to avoid this.

The way the subtraction-method VAT fixes this is by, well, subtraction. Under this kind of tax system, Netflix would count all of its revenue, but then subtract the amount that it pays to other businesses, like Disney. Disney would then have to account for its own revenue and also file taxes. The result is that everything gets neatly single-counted, and nothing gets double-counted.

In the fair tax, if Netflix provides Disney content to the consumer, Netflix charges the fair tax, Disney doesn't pay the fair tax on fees they get from Netflix. That is unambiguous in how the Fair Tax works, it's only the primary market.

Note this doesn't say it's talking about the Fair Tax, it's actually talking about a VAT. I agreed that I don't support that and for this exact reason. You got anything on what we disagree on rather than what we agree on?

You don't think the lobbyist made the code 75,000 pages long without a reason....................:cuckoo:

Um..yeah...I argued for 75,000 pages of income tax code because I don't realize that they had a reason to create that, that's why I'm for our current income based tax system.

Sometimes you seem aware of what I'm saying and other times you seem like you're debating the voices in your head
It was in response to your stupid comment made at me earlier................because I don't like the VAT tax that you Mask as a business tax just as Cruz does.....................

Riddle me this................Why TARIFF bad CONSUMPTION TAX..........and VAT tax GOOD CONSUMPTION TAX.....................both are consumption taxes................one may save jobs the other would help create jobs but would tax everything eveyone buys..............

$30,000 auto............now costs $34,800..........but when you see the price it will not show up as a tax but the final Cost................Which is why it's a called a Hidden Tax.

In the fair tax, if Netflix provides Disney content to the consumer, Netflix charges the fair tax, Disney doesn't pay the fair tax on fees they get from Netflix. That is unambiguous in how the Fair Tax works, it's only the primary market.

Note this doesn't say it's talking about the Fair Tax, it's actually talking about a VAT. I agreed that I don't support that and for this exact reason. You got anything on what we disagree on rather than what we agree on?

In that sense, a subtraction-method value-added tax is actually just a simple combination of a sort of corporate income tax and an ordinary payroll tax. (Fittingly, Senator Cruz’s plan uses this VAT to eliminate the corporate income tax and the payroll tax.)

Send your complaints to the Tax Foundation people................who say differently................

You don't think the lobbyist made the code 75,000 pages long without a reason....................:cuckoo:

Um..yeah...I argued for 75,000 pages of income tax code because I don't realize that they had a reason to create that, that's why I'm for our current income based tax system.

Sometimes you seem aware of what I'm saying and other times you seem like you're debating the voices in your head
It was in response to your stupid comment made at me earlier................because I don't like the VAT tax that you Mask as a business tax just as Cruz does.....................

Riddle me this................Why TARIFF bad CONSUMPTION TAX..........and VAT tax GOOD CONSUMPTION TAX.....................both are consumption taxes................one may save jobs the other would help create jobs but would tax everything eveyone buys..............

$30,000 auto............now costs $34,800..........but when you see the price it will not show up as a tax but the final Cost................Which is why it's a called a Hidden Tax.

I keep telling you I'm against the VAT. What is wrong with you? The voices in your head shouting over me?

And here's Eagle math.

You take all the various current taxes embedded in products

Remove them

Put them back in under a single tax

And the price of the product goes ... up!

So can you drink a glass of water while your ventriloquist dummy talks too?

Which goes back to companies passing on the cost of that tax...................You really think Netflix is just going to suck it up and pay the tax without passing that cost on..........

Earlier you were arguing that companies pass that bill forward, and now you change course............

Netflix is gonna pass that tax forward to Disney......or they are going to pass it on to the CONSUMER.......or those paying for advertising....................They aren't gonna eat it.

In that sense, a subtraction-method value-added tax is actually just a simple combination of a sort of corporate income tax and an ordinary payroll tax. (Fittingly, Senator Cruz’s plan uses this VAT to eliminate the corporate income tax and the payroll tax.)

Send your complaints to the Tax Foundation people................who say differently................

I'm arguing for the fair tax. If you and Cruz want to get a room together and work out your differences one way or another, that's cool. But here's an idea, what if with me you argue what I support instead of what Cruz does?

I keep telling you I'm against the VAT. What is wrong with you? The voices in your head shouting over me?

And here's Eagle math.

Remove them

BS..................Your just calling the VAT a different name......................

Do you favor Cruz's plan or not?

Which goes back to companies passing on the cost of that tax...................You really think Netflix is just going to suck it up and pay the tax without passing that cost on..........

Earlier you were arguing that companies pass that bill forward, and now you change course............

Netflix is gonna pass that tax forward to Disney......or they are going to pass it on to the CONSUMER.......or those paying for advertising....................They aren't gonna eat it.

Yes, I think Netflix is going to suck up the tax that Disney ... wait for it ...

DIDN'T PAY

and not pass it along to the consumer.

Are you not actually reading my posts or were you dropped on your head too many times as a child.

I'm getting tired of a conversation where you keep arguing points that I didn't say

And here's Eagle math.

Remove them

BS..................Your just calling the VAT a different name......................

Do you favor Cruz's plan or not?

What about my saying that I support the Fair Tax do you not understand? the voices in your head argued for Cruz.

And I told you the difference between the Fair Tax and a VAT. A VAT is charged at every level between suppliers and vendors. The Fair Tax is charged once on the primary market.

I'm arguing for the fair tax. If you and Cruz want to get a room together and work out your differences one way or another, that's cool. But here's an idea, what if with me you argue what I support instead of what Cruz does?
Link it then..............the exact plan you favor................specifics...............:link::link::link::link::link::link:

Yes, I think Netflix is going to suck up the tax that Disney ... wait for it ...

DIDN'T PAY

Are you not actually reading my posts or were you dropped on your head too many times as a child.

I'm getting tired of a conversation where you keep arguing points that I didn't say
My god...........semantics...........

I've said about 10 times that companies are going to pass that cost on..............and I've said that this is done in the VAT tax..................they pass the cost on up the food chain................somebody is gonna pay for it............and it will be the consumer or advertisers....................and of course the PRICE goes up...................

Your just pissed that I refuse to agree with you on tax policy.....................I don't agree with Cruz's Vat and you sound like you are pushing the same thing.

Link it then..............the exact plan you favor................specifics...............:link::link::link::link::link::link:

Seriously, you couldn't google "Fair Tax" if you don't know what it is?

OK, here you go:

Pass the FAIRtax | FAIRtax.org

DIDN'T PAY

My god...........semantics...........

I've said about 10 times that companies are going to pass that cost on...............

No, I've said about 10 times ...

THERE IS NO COST TO PASS ON.

Straight up, stop being as ass wipe and read what I am saying. I'm going to stop responding to you in this conversation. Every post you debate points I didn't make.

And I've explained the difference between the VAT, which I OPPOSE and the Fair Tax multiple times. Has a doctor told you that you are having issues processing and retaining information? You may want to check into that

Republicans have broken voter turnout records in every state so far. I'm pretty sure that is the result of the Trump phenomenon. I'm also pretty sure a lot of his supporters will disappear with him if he loses the nomination. I know how much a lot of you dislike Trump, but at this point he is probably the best bet for a Republican win.

Republicans have broken voter turnout records in every state so far. I'm pretty sure that is the result of the Trump phenomenon. I'm also pretty sure a lot of his supporters will disappear with him if he loses the nomination. I know how much a lot of you dislike Trump, but at this point he is probably the best bet for a Republican win.

Just a thought, the GOP decided that another celebrity without political experience was The Man. Remember Arnold Schwarzenegger, a total failure as Governor and yet when he first announced and assumed the job an effort to amend COTUS and make him eligible to be POTUS was proffered by conservatives.

Okay it's a sales tax.........................

I did google it................Your price by the 2015 information for wiring your house just went up..............

According to Wiki...........they were proposing 23% under that plan..........Instead of Cruz's plan which would have cost you $1600 it now costs you $2300 more...............

“(1) FOR 2017.—In the calendar year 2017, the rate of tax is 23 percent of the gross payments for the taxable property or service.

You just added $23,000 to the cost of a house..........that costs $100,000.............I'm not looking through all the refund credits and allowances......

It's your plan you do that..............

Hell, I like Cruz's plan better than that...............at least the dang VAT is self regulating up the food chain.........meaning less IRS employees...............

Forum List

Back