🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Just another tick down on unemployment, ho hum

how many of those are retired, children, physically or mentally unable to work, or just don't want to work?
figures don't lie, but liars figure.
Nope, during Obama we were told they all dropped out of the workforce because they were discouraged.

"We have 93 million people out of work. They look for jobs, they give up, and all of a sudden, statistically, they're considered employed."

- Donald J Trump Aug. 28, 2015, On Point With Sarah Palin

geez, grow up. the 93 million number does not include retired, children, sick, and lazy.

the real numbers, used by both obozo and Trump have the current rate at about 4.5%. You were happy with that calculation under Obama, but now it isn't correct? I get it, you are a disingenuous partisan hack.

The 4.5 percent number is a hoax perpetrated by the department of labor
Even Trump will tell you that

The REAL unemployment rate is 53 percent

unemployed people are people who are looking for work but cannot find any. retired people are not unemployed, neither are children, the sick, or the perpetually lazy.

You are making a fool of yourself on this thread, but you are very good at that.
During Obama, the Right said people retired or went to school because they couldn't find work and became discouraged and dropped out to fe fed by the government.

October 15, 2013
RUSH: We've got a lot of people -- look, 90 million Americans -- I love to put it this way 'cause I think it's the proper perspective. Ninety million Americans are not working, Donna, but they're eating. What does that mean? That's over 10 New York Cities that are not working. But they're eating, which means somebody's buying their sustenance, and that somebody is somebody else, is the government. They are eating.

The people you've been "on about" are called "discouraged workers." There were approximately 540K of them in May 2016. There are now about 355K of them.
Nope, according to Tramp there are nearly 95 million now.

"We have 93 million people out of work. They look for jobs, they give up, and all of a sudden, statistically, they're considered employed."

Please tell me you posted that to be funny.
As funny as Tramp was serious.

how many of those are retired, children, physically or mentally unable to work, or just don't want to work?
Nope, during Obama we were told they all dropped out of the workforce because they were discouraged.

geez, grow up. the 93 million number does not include retired, children, sick, and lazy.

the real numbers, used by both obozo and Trump have the current rate at about 4.5%. You were happy with that calculation under Obama, but now it isn't correct? I get it, you are a disingenuous partisan hack.
Liar!
Tramp was never happy with the BLS UE rate and therefore it will never be applied to Tramp. Tramp is at a "REAL" UE of 40%

"Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. The number's probably 28, 29, as high as 35."
- Donald J Trump, February 9th, 2016
Trumps REAL unemployment is at 53% with 170 million unemployed

As Trump has said, U3 unemployment is a doctored number by BLS and cannot be trusted

When the tax cuts get passed, watch out

Economy will scream, it's already doing better than it ever did under Ears
It's incredible to me you people STILL believe cutting taxes for the top earners will stimulate the overall economy. It's also hilarious you can't even admit this string of non stop job growth began in the middle of 2009 lol.

the idea is to cut taxes for everyone who pays taxes. Put more money in the economy rather than in the government coffers. and Yes, rich people spend more money because they have more money. Your envy and jealousy will never change that. Life is not fair, never was never will be. Some people will always have more than you do, be smarter than you are, be a better athlete, a better musician, or just better.

Liar!
Tramp was never happy with the BLS UE rate and therefore it will never be applied to Tramp. Tramp is at a "REAL" UE of 40%

"Don't believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. The number's probably 28, 29, as high as 35."

As Trump has said, U3 unemployment is a doctored number by BLS and cannot be trusted

no one takes your bullshit seriously, go back under your rock.

Liar!

Our President takes it seriously

HE is the one who wanted retirees, students, handicapped and stay at home moms counted in the unemployment numbers

Liar!

apples and oranges. many of the unemployed using those statistics, are unemployed by choice--------retired, children, sick, mentally ill, etc. All 330 million americans will never be employed, nor should they. Do you libs want to put 10 year olds in the labor force?, or 90 year olds? or people in mental hospitals?

you guys really look stupid when you try to play this game. Yes, Trump played it too and it didn't work for him either.

Liar!

HE is the one who wanted retirees, students, handicapped and stay at home moms counted in the unemployment numbers

"our president" good for you.

Liar!

I was happy using U3 to evaluate unemployment
Our President said that number is made up

So I am willing to accommodate him and evaluate him against raw employment numbers

Liar!

apples and oranges. many of the unemployed using those statistics, are unemployed by choice--------retired, children, sick, mentally ill, etc. All 330 million americans will never be employed, nor should they. Do you libs want to put 10 year olds in the labor force?, or 90 year olds? or people in mental hospitals?

you guys really look stupid when you try to play this game. Yes, Trump played it too and it didn't work for him either.
BULLSHIT!
Just go back and every time there was a positive jobs report the Right brought up the not in labor force number.

Here is your MessiahRushie harping on it early 2012:

May 25, 2012
RUSH: And I know that 88 million Americans are not working but they're eating, and it's a statistic that worries me.
It's quite telling that 88 million are not working but they're eating.

Liar!

So I am willing to accommodate him and evaluate him against raw employment numbers

Ok fine, lets do that. Using either method the UE numbers are down since Trump took office. That's what this thread is about regardless of how you and your libtardian buddies have tried to hack it.

Liar!

BULLSHIT!
Just go back and every time there was a positive jobs report the Right brought up the not in labor force number.

Here is your MessiahRushie harping on it early 2012:

May 25, 2012
RUSH: And I know that 88 million Americans are not working but they're eating, and it's a statistic that worries me.
It's quite telling that 88 million are not working but they're eating.

As I told your bunkmate, winger. Using either method the numbers are down. That's the point.

Ok fine, lets do that. Using either method the UE numbers are down since Trump took office. That's what this thread is about regardless of how you and your libtardian buddies have tried to hack it.

170 million are unemployed under Trump
The number is up since population and the number of retirees increased

4.3% - lowest rates since 2001 - pre 9/11

I love it when a Republican President revs up the economy

New jobs were only up 138K

U.S. Adds 138,000 Jobs In May And Unemployment Rate Drops To 4.3%
Unemployment is a lagging indicator. It reflects economics from 6 to 12 months prior. So we are still in the Obama economic zone. Trump hasn't enacted a single law to spur economic growth. No infrastructure spending, no tax cuts, not even the repeal of Obamacare. So as you used to say, what has (fill in the blank) done to bring about that economic growth?

Last edited:

170 million are unemployed under Trump
The number is up since population and the number of retirees increased

Ok, lets count it that way, more than 170 million were unemployed under Obama. See how that works?

It's incredible to me you people STILL believe cutting taxes for the top earners will stimulate the overall economy. It's also hilarious you can't even admit this string of non stop job growth began in the middle of 2009 lol.

the idea is to cut taxes for everyone who pays taxes. Put more money in the economy rather than in the government coffers. and Yes, rich people spend more money because they have more money. Your envy and jealousy will never change that. Life is not fair, never was never will be. Some people will always have more than you do, be smarter than you are, be a better athlete, a better musician, or just better.
No, rich people make extravagant purchases that do nothing to boost a wide variety of businesses. As far as everyday purchases go in the wide economy, they spend as much as anyone in the middle class does. And because there aren't very many of these 1%, their overall consumer spending isn't very significant. A strong middle class is the key to economic growth, not the 1% who mostly just save most of their money rather than spend it continuously. In fact, the poor contribute more to the economy than rich people because there is so many of them in today's economy.

And as usual, republican tax policy ONLY benefits the top earners.

4.3% - lowest rates since 2001 - pre 9/11

I love it when a Republican President revs up the economy

New jobs were only up 138K

U.S. Adds 138,000 Jobs In May And Unemployment Rate Drops To 4.3%
Unemployment is a lagging indicator. It reflects economics from 6 to 12 months prior. So we are still in the Obama economic zone. Trump hasn't enact a single law to spur economic growth. No infrastructure spending, no tax cuts, not even the repeal of Obamacare. So as you used to say, what has (fill in the blank) done to bring about that economic growth?

wrong, UE numbers are taken every month in real time. there are more people working this month than last month. Its not really very complicated. But I fully understand political spin from both sides.

.Put more money in the economy rather than in the government coffers. and Yes, rich people spend more money because they have more money. Your envy and jealousy will never change that. Life is not fair, never was never will be. Some people will always have more than you do, be smarter than you are, be a better athlete, a better musician, or just better.

But analyze what rich people spend money on. And it's not the US economy. Give a $400 tax break to a middle class guy and he's likely to spend it putting a new muffler on his chevy. Give a $400,000 tax break to a rich guy and he'll buy a Lamborghini or a Ferrari.

No, rich people make extravagant purchases that do nothing to boost a wide variety of businesses. As far as everyday purchases go in the wide economy, they spend as much as anyone in the middle class does. And because there aren't very many of these 1%, their overall consumer spending isn't very significant. A strong middle class is the key to economic growth, not the 1% who mostly just save most of their money rather than spend it continuously. In fact, the poor contribute more to the economy than rich people because there is so many of them in today's economy.

And as usual, republican tax policy ONLY benefits the top earners.

when a rich guy buys a yacht or a new big house, who gets the money to build those things? who gets work from the rich guys spending? Any ideas?

second question: when a corporation has its tax rate reduced it has more money to spend on expansion and hiring. Who benefits from that? Any ideas?

When a corporation reports higher profits due to lower taxes, what happens to its stock price? It goes up, who benefits from that? people who have a 401K account. Do you have a 401K?

.Put more money in the economy rather than in the government coffers. and Yes, rich people spend more money because they have more money. Your envy and jealousy will never change that. Life is not fair, never was never will be. Some people will always have more than you do, be smarter than you are, be a better athlete, a better musician, or just better.

But analyze what rich people spend money on. And it's not the US economy. Give a $400 tax break to a middle class guy and he's likely to spend it putting a new muffler on his chevy. Give a $400,000 tax break to a rich guy and he'll buy a Lamborghini or a Ferrari.

or a Cadillac or a Lincoln built in Detroit or a BMW built in South Carolina or a Mercedes built in Alabama, or a pool in his backyard, or a vacation in Florida or Hawaii. Its kind of dumb to claim that rich people spend all of their money overseas.

Forum List

Back