🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Just another tick down on unemployment, ho hum

No, rich people make extravagant purchases that do nothing to boost a wide variety of businesses. As far as everyday purchases go in the wide economy, they spend as much as anyone in the middle class does. And because there aren't very many of these 1%, their overall consumer spending isn't very significant..

Damn, you beat me to the punch.

Actually looking at where the tax cuts gets spent.

Last edited:
Unemployment is a lagging indicator. It reflects economics from 6 to 12 months prior. So we are still in the Obama economic zone. Trump hasn't enact a single law to spur economic growth. No infrastructure spending, no tax cuts, not even the repeal of Obamacare. So as you used to say, what has (fill in the blank) done to bring about that economic growth?

wrong, UE numbers are taken every month in real time. there are more people working this month than last month. Its not really very complicated. But I fully understand political spin from both sides.

They are a lagging indicator.

us-unemployment.png

The great depression started in Oct 1929, unemployment didn't reach the midway point until 6 months later.

Over 1 million jobs have been added since Trump was elected. There were over 235,000 added in May! lol

Trump is doing everything right. I couldn't be happier with him. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Alternative facts.

The trumpkins are just worse than just gullible. They're just plain stupid.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

When the tax cuts get passed, watch out

Economy will scream, it's already doing better than it ever did under Ears
It's incredible to me you people STILL believe cutting taxes for the top earners will stimulate the overall economy. It's also hilarious you can't even admit this string of non stop job growth began in the middle of 2009 lol.

the idea is to cut taxes for everyone who pays taxes. Put more money in the economy rather than in the government coffers. and Yes, rich people spend more money because they have more money. Your envy and jealousy will never change that. Life is not fair, never was never will be. Some people will always have more than you do, be smarter than you are, be a better athlete, a better musician, or just better.
No, rich people make extravagant purchases that do nothing to boost a wide variety of businesses. As far as everyday purchases go in the wide economy, they spend as much as anyone in the middle class does. And because there aren't very many of these 1%, their overall consumer spending isn't very significant. A strong middle class is the key to economic growth, not the 1% who mostly just save most of their money rather than spend it continuously. In fact, the poor contribute more to the economy than rich people because there is so many of them in today's economy.

And as usual, republican tax policy ONLY benefits the top earners.

when a rich guy buys a yacht or a new big house, who gets the money to build those things? who gets work from the rich guys spending? Any ideas?

second question: when a corporation has its tax rate reduced it has more money to spend on expansion and hiring. Who benefits from that? Any ideas?

When a corporation reports higher profits due to lower taxes, what happens to its stock price? It goes up, who benefits from that? people who have a 401K account. Do you have a 401K?
Yeah and only those yacht workers benefit from his purchase. Do you honestly think that helps the wide economy? Of course not. Think of it this way: which company is more successful - Gucci or Wal-Mart? The answer is Wal-Mart because 10s of millions of people shop there. Only rich people shop Gucci so they have fewer locations and less profit.

The truth of the matter is that corporate profits are already at an all time high so when they get a tax cut, they save most of it and invest little. That's why we have billionaires to begin with.

when a rich guy buys a yacht or a new big house, who gets the money to build those things? who gets work from the rich guys spending? Any ideas?

You have a good point. If a rich guy wants to buy a new big house, we can assume he already has houses in the USA, so he would be looking for a vacation house. Maybe the south of france, or a nice Caribbean island. And who are the leading yacht builders?

New Yachts Construction - Luxury Yachts Manufacturers

Our Yacht Consultants have strong relationships with the world’s top shipyards. IYC will provide valuable insight and help you evaluate the different shipyard options in order to select the one that will best satisfy the requirements for your new build project.

Using either method the numbers are down. That's the point.
There are over half a million MORE not in the labor force since Tramp was elected, which we were told simply his election HAS stimulated the economy and jobs.

Give a $400,000 tax break to a rich guy and he'll buy a Lamborghini or a Ferrari.

or a Cadillac or a Lincoln built in Detroit or a BMW built in South Carolina or a Mercedes built in Alabama, or a pool in his backyard, or a vacation in Florida or Hawaii. Its kind of dumb to claim that rich people spend all of their money overseas.

I'm talking $400,000.
You're giving $50,000 examples. They could buy 8 cadilllacs.

Last edited:
Our President takes it seriously

HE is the one who wanted retirees, students, handicapped and stay at home moms counted in the unemployment numbers

"our president" good for you.

I was happy using U3 to evaluate unemployment
Our President said that number is made up

So I am willing to accommodate him and evaluate him against raw employment numbers

Ok fine, lets do that. Using either method the UE numbers are down since Trump took office. That's what this thread is about regardless of how you and your libtardian buddies have tried to hack it.

170 million are unemployed under Trump
The number is up since population and the number of retirees increased

Ok, lets count it that way, more than 170 million were unemployed under Obama. See how that works?
Only eight million were unemployed under Obama

"our president" good for you.

I was happy using U3 to evaluate unemployment
Our President said that number is made up

So I am willing to accommodate him and evaluate him against raw employment numbers

Ok fine, lets do that. Using either method the UE numbers are down since Trump took office. That's what this thread is about regardless of how you and your libtardian buddies have tried to hack it.

170 million are unemployed under Trump
The number is up since population and the number of retirees increased

Ok, lets count it that way, more than 170 million were unemployed under Obama. See how that works?
Only eight million were unemployed under Obama
Down from 12 million under Bush!

...accompanied by another tick down in Trump's approval rating.

You know...if Trump can't get good grades during this market and this economy, what will he get when the slowdown hits?

...accompanied by another tick down in Trump's approval rating.

You know...if Trump can't get good grades during this market and this economy, what will he get when the slowdown hits?

Trump needs 4% or better GDP growth for his budget to work.

You trump haters need to get together somewhere and stroke each other, because real americans see what is being done to create jobs, bring jobs back to the USA, reduce the tax burden on the middle class, and return sanity to our fiscal policy.

I get it that you hate Trump. I fully understand that and that's just fine, he beat your female messiah and is cancelling the failed policies of your Kenyan messiah. I understand why you hate him. He is succeeding and you just cannot deal with that, we understand. But your whining and crying and bitching will not put the hildebeast in the oval office or bring obozo back to power. YOU LOST. American rejected Hillary, Obama, the democrats, and liberalism in general. You had your chance and Obama and the Clintons destroyed it for you. Its over.

You trump haters need to get together somewhere and stroke each other, because real americans see what is being done to create jobs, bring jobs back to the USA, reduce the tax burden on the middle class, and return sanity to our fiscal policy.

I get it that you hate Trump. I fully understand that and that's just fine, he beat your female messiah and is cancelling the failed policies of your Kenyan messiah. I understand why you hate him. He is succeeding and you just cannot deal with that, we understand. But your whining and crying and bitching will not put the hildebeast in the oval office or bring obozo back to power. YOU LOST. American rejected Hillary, Obama, the democrats, and liberalism in general. You had your chance and Obama and the Clintons destroyed it for you. Its over.

What does that have to do with Trumps horrible employment numbers?

since they are better than Obama's ---------------------------------

Actually.......Obama had over 250,000 new jobs which Trump described as "horrible....a disaster"

Trump struggles to get over 100,000

Trump-Economic-Growth-Employment-Numbers-1.jpg

Actually.......Obama had over 250,000 new jobs which Trump described as "horrible....a disaster"

Trump struggles to get over 100,000

Trump-Economic-Growth-Employment-Numbers-1.jpg
did you make that chart yourself? Never mind, nothing will ever change you from a blind Obama worshiper. I understand who and what your are.

you have zero credibility on this board. ZERO

Forum List

Back