Just Read 43-Million People in U.S. Are on Foodstamps??

So peach knows all about the military, more than warrior and I who have more than 40 years combined experience. You don't know squat peach, your family's service is not your service to claim.

No, but I listened to their opinions. Thank you for your service. And my father, and I missed part of my childhood together, as he was off to the "Med" and other places, thus I felt the impact.

I made many a Med cruise
And WestPacs
Trust me - it wasn't all that bad after a pitcher of MoJo and a Donkey Show

I was a young child, all I knew was he was GONE, to the "MED". My daddy didn't go in for donkey shows I would bet, he brought back presents like scarves, pins, and postcards.......

... he brought back presents like scarves, pins, and postcards.......

We all did

What happens at the Banana Show

STAYS at the Banana Show

I don't care, he was my daddy, and I would not trade him for any other in the world. He decided college for me, I did not have the coordination, visual skills, nor the strength for military service.

I agree with this, if you will allow me to, without going into a rage.

I think the key point is that yes, the military is grossly underpaid if its members need food stamps. Just like that major portion of the private sector who have full time jobs yet require food stamps to survive.

We have thrown the working poor under the bus while we ensure a low paid workforce to corporate America

We?

No asswipe - The Commander and Chimp has, and the fools who selected his black ass.

Obama sets the wage scales for the entire private sector?

Is your racist hatred so bad that you believe any nonsense that pops into your head?

Thankfully, no stupid.
And those in the private sector who are not satisfied with their salary may look elsewhere - stupid.
You didn't know this?

Glad to be of help to the mentally ill.

I did not have the coordination, visual skills, nor the strength for military service.

Neither did Audie Murphy - but he enlisted. Was awarded the Medal of Honor.
Your lame excuses... really....

Thankfully, no stupid.
And those in the private sector who are not satisfied with their salary may look elsewhere - stupid.
You didn't know this?

Glad to be of help to the mentally ill.

You can't even keep up with your own thread can you?

Are you this simple minded in real life?

I did not have the coordination, visual skills, nor the strength for military service.

My father was in heaven at my Harvard graduation; WWII, Korea and Vietnam interrupted his college attendance. Also, he was one of the wounded when the Colorado was hit in 1944, you may have heard of that event. She "limped" to shore; I had a history text with a picture of her after she was hit.

My father was in heaven at my Harvard graduation; WWII, Korea and Vietnam interrupted his college attendance. Also, he was one of the wounded when the Colorado was hit in 1944, you may have heard of that event. She "limped" to shore; I had a history text with a picture of her after she was hit.

Interesting. My father - also Navy WW2 - was station on Manus Island. He probably saw your Dad's ship in the area many times. I miss my Dad's "sea stories" very much.
I too was aboard ship when an accident occurred - USS Iowa, April 19, 1989. We lost 47 shipmates that morning off the coast of Puerto Rico.

Both my Dad and Grandfather were Navy. My Grandfather in the Pacific WW2, My father served 25 yrs was in during Korea and Vietnam retired in 1971. I grew up in places like Rosey Roads PR, Guam, Holy Loch Scotland and Rota Spain.

When I served the only people that were getting food stamps were the very young E-1-E-3 that joined and had families.
Pretty much same today, people in the military on foodstamps makes for scary headlines but it is usually young enlisted guys with large families, same as would be in civilian world if someone had a large family and was young in an entry level position.

Interesting. My father - also Navy WW2 - was station on Manus Island. He probably saw your Dad's ship in the area many times. I miss my Dad's "sea stories" very much.
I too was aboard ship when an accident occurred - USS Iowa, April 19, 1989. We lost 47 shipmates that morning off the coast of Puerto Rico.

I read of that, at first that she was bombed. Learned the truth later, my great uncle, Roy Pullen, died on the California at Pearl Harbor; his brother survived but was never....."right in the head" afterward, I met him a few times.

Fess up - leaches.

Of the 254 counties where food stamp usage doubled from 2007 to 2011, 213 of them voted for Mitt Romney.

That's because obama screwed their budgets with his energy policy. Those are the people who contributed to the welfare roll causing the numbers to increase. That's what this thread is about, Einstein.
The democrat welfare sloth already existed and was maintained as per democrat schedule.
Duh.

Oh, that's Obama's fault. Hello, the GOP congress controls the budget. Oops.

You know that if the millions of jobs hadn't moved to China from 2001 to 2008 and the over 43,000 factories hadn't closed and the two wars weren't paid for with tax cuts, it would be a different story. Everyone knows it was Obama and the Democrats who were in control from 2001 to 2008, right?

Many military families I know are, the Defense budget leaves dependents last with all the hardware & software needed, but some things must be "cut". Its never the contractors, always the personnel that bears the brunt.

Thats the same as it was during the carter years
Ships sat at piers rotting
Morale low
All the good people got out
Low pay
Crumbling housing
Kinda like Commander in Chump Obama's military

So what makes you a military expert just from doing time in the military? Your experience, whatever it was, was just a small role in a huge operation.

Last edited:
Many military families I know are, the Defense budget leaves dependents last with all the hardware & software needed, but some things must be "cut". Its never the contractors, always the personnel that bears the brunt.

Thats the same as it was during the carter years
Ships sat at piers rotting
Morale low
All the good people got out
Low pay
Crumbling housing
Kinda like Commander in Chump Obama's military

So what makes you a military expert just from doing time in the military? Your experience, whatever it was, was just a small role in a huge operation.

Every American that served sacrificed for all of us in the USA, I may disagree with their views on many subjects, that does not lessen my gratitude for their service.

Since all money is imaginary anyway, what's it really matter how much is spent on X? National debt is so much it can never be paid off, and money isn't backed by anything so really, who cares?

Tax dollars shouldn't be spent to encourage laziness and non-productivity. It's also not so much about people getting food stamps but they're being given far too much. Kids on welfare get two free meals in schools so their mothers can sell the food stamps or waste them on luxury foods, plus they get WIC coupons on top of it.

Food stamps should be limited to a few basics - beans, rice, potatoes, cheaper cuts of meat. Food stamp recipients shouldn't be buying $40 cakes when they can get a cake mix for $1.

Forum List

Back