Justified?

That's just goofy.

You refused to answer. Should the police waited until the victim shot at the police before they fired? Of course not.

Stuff happens. Setting a goal of 100% perfection is foolish and accomplished nothing.

Do you believe that no knock warrants are issued willie nilly? That a judge would would issue one for someone wanted for a string of burglaries or someone six months behind on their child support payments?

I do support the death penalty. If a cop is killed and it is not premeditated, life without parole. If it is an ambush or something similar, the death penalty.

That's just goofy.

You refused to answer. Should the police waited until the victim shot at the police before they fired? Of course not.

Stuff happens. Setting a goal of 100% perfection is foolish and accomplished nothing.

Do you believe that no knock warrants are issued willie nilly? That a judge would would issue one for someone wanted for a string of burglaries or someone six months behind on their child support payments?

I do support the death penalty. If a cop is killed and it is not premeditated, life without parole. If it is an ambush or something similar, the death penalty.

1. He was asleep in bed.

2. People broke into his apartment.

3. He grabbed his legally acquired handgun which he might've bought because of all the break-ins in the neighborhood.

4. They didn't even tell him to drop it. The just opened up on him.

It looks like an assassination.

Police have a "no knock" warrant. They use the landlord's key to enter the apartment.

So, if it was Britain, and they could be 99% sure the guy was unarmed, he'd still be alive. But since it's America the cops were 99% sure he was armed, they shot him.

Yup, for every gun in America, there's a stoopid American owning it. Until America gets to grips with guns, it's a third world country when it comes to gun sense and control.

1. He was asleep in bed.

3. He grabbed his legally acquired handgun which he might've bought because of all the break-ins in the neighborhood.

This is the reality in places run by people like you. Life is cheap in the blue cities.

So, all a real criminal has to do, is yell “Police!” as it breaks into your home, and at that point, your right to defend yourself from it is nullified?

Bullshit!

I do not care what an intruder claims to be. If someone is breaking into your home, brandishing weapons, then you have an absolute right to assume that the intruder means to murder you, and to act accordingly.

In the very rare case that police have any sufficient justification to burst into anyone's home unannounced, they had better be damn sure that they are breaking into the right home, and understand and accept that the consequences for being wrong may be very serious, up to and including being justifiably shot and killed by the occupants of the home and/or being tried and convicted of murder if they end up shooting an innocent occupant because they were careless, as these dumbasses were in this case.
I never figured you to be as fucking stupid at the rest of them. Most thinking people will look when they hear "police". Of course, if you and the rest of the fucking losers want to just start shooting blindly and asking questions later. It's your jail time.

No knock warrants clearly violate the Constitutional Amendment protecting citizens against unreasonable searches and seizures.
I have not even addressed the "no-knock" issue. I was specifically replying to a very specific remark.

You, like everyone else, have differing opinions of what is 'unreasonable'.

I've never been a fan of the 'no-knock' warrant.

I'm not wrong. The article clearly states that the Police announced as they were crossing the threshold and they were making a stink about them not announcing BEFORE crossing the threshold.

Read your own posting.
So they can kick your door down first and then yell Police, you do know in Georgia if someone is kicking your door in you can shoot through the door.

1. He was asleep in bed.

"Locke is moving beneath the blanket, a handgun emerging in his right hand before one of the officers' fires three times, knocking Locke to the floor."

They were serving a warrant for murder.

Like I said. Stuff happens. It was tragic. Is it enough to switch the balance and give the advantage to the criminal? A resounding NO.

"Locke is moving beneath the blanket, a handgun emerging in his right hand before one of the officers' fires three times, knocking Locke to the floor."

Like I said. Stuff happens. It was tragic. Is it enough to switch the balance and give the advantage to the criminal? A resounding NO.
Of course not, as long as, the victims are black.

Yup, for every gun in America, there's a stoopid American owning it. Until America gets to grips with guns, it's a third world country when it comes to gun sense and control.

Thank you for reminding us Americans, once again, why it is that we kicked the British filth out of our country almost two and a half centuries ago.

And it was Americans owning guns that made it possible for us to do so.

It was the wrong guy, but the right house.

A lot of us who post in this forum are within easy reach of a firearm when we're in bed.

A lot of us, when waking up to the noise of a bunch of guys breaking in, might reach for that gun.

That's no reason to shoot us. Not in our own beds.

That was murder, plain and simple. These cops need to be charged with first-degree murder with special circumstances, and they need to get the death penalty when convicted.

There is not any circumstance that justifies police entering anyone's home, and intentionally shooting a sleeping or just-awakened occupant.

Here's a link to the article:

A similar situation happened in Modesto, CA some years ago. The cops entered a home in a low income area that supposedly had illegal drugs on the premises at like 6 a.m. The sleeping family was roused and a larger than average 12 year old boy emerged from his bedroom to be slammed to the floor and a boot placed on his neck. The officer, armed with a shotgun, pointed it at the youth and the gun was triggered by part of the officer's uniform, killing the young man. No drugs were found. To my knowledge, the officer was exonerated. I feel it was a miscarriage of justice.

It was the wrong guy, but the right house.

A lot of us who post in this forum are within easy reach of a firearm when we're in bed.

A lot of us, when waking up to the noise of a bunch of guys breaking in, might reach for that gun.

That's no reason to shoot us. Not in our own beds.
One of the few times, I agree with you Otis.

A similar situation happened in Modesto, CA some years ago. The cops entered a home in a low income area that supposedly had illegal drugs on the premises at like 6 a.m. The sleeping family was roused and a larger than average 12 year old boy emerged from his bedroom to be slammed to the floor and a boot placed on his neck. The officer, armed with a shotgun, pointed it at the youth and the gun was triggered by part of the officer's uniform, killing the young man. No drugs were found. To my knowledge, the officer was exonerated. I feel it was a miscarriage of justice.

I remember a case, in Ventura, from the 1990s.

A sheriff team launched a similar raid on the home of a man named Donald Scott. They had a warrant to search his ranch for marijuana plants, but they chose to serve this warrant by breaking into his house unannounced. He emerged from his bedroom, in response to the sound of his door being broken and his wife screaming, with a gun in his hand, and they shot him and killed him.

No marijuana or any other contraband was found anywhere on his property, and no credible explanation ever emerged as to what cause the police thought they had to suspect that they might find any such thing. The local sheriff department's conclusion cleared the officers of any wrongdoing, but the state attorney general issued a report of his own investigation, which found that the likely motive for the raid was to try to seize Mr. Scott's property under asset forfeiture procedures. One of the officers sued the attorney general for libel, but the suit was tossed out and that officer forced to pay the legal costs that it inflicted on the attorney general.

In general, I tend to be supportive of law enforcement, but power does tend to corrupt, and it is crucial that society exercise vigilance over any use of power by government. A quote popularly but incorrectly attributed to George Washington seems to very well express my attitude toward police, and toward government as a whole…

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence,—it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.”

It seems to me that the all-too-common instances of such powers as no-knock warrants and asset forfeiture being abused to the harm of innocent citizens are exactly the sort of thing that this statement means to warn against. We need to delegate to government the powers that it needs to protect us from criminals, but we also need to be very strictly vigilant against instances of those in whom this power is entrusted acting themselves as criminals; and where it happens, we need to make sure that those who abuse such powers are very harshly held accountable. The death penalty is not in the least an inappropriate consequence for any public servant whose abuse of the powers with which he is entrusted results in the death of an innocent citizen.

I now find myself reminded of something I read a very long time ago. Most of the context is long forgotten, but the core point was to describe a society in which a judge sat on a bench upholstered with the skin of the last judge to have held his position, and to have been convicted of abusing the power of that position—a grim and constant reminder to the current judge of the seriousness with which any abuse of his position would be treated.

It looks like an assassination.

Police have a "no knock" warrant. They use the landlord's key to enter the apartment.

So, if it was Britain, and they could be 99% sure the guy was unarmed, he'd still be alive. But since it's America the cops were 99% sure he was armed, they shot him.

After 13 years of lib lies about white racism and the cops I’m burned out

knowing that most police shooting of black people are justified I just dont care anymore about the occasional Ooops

Better luck next time

A "no knock warrant" is a serious thing. The Police Officers had to justify the warrant application to a Judge. Strangely enough or not so strangely the warrant isn't part of the story.

He was armed and pulled the gun.
Police clearly identified themselves all the way in and down the hallway...
images (1).jpeg

Forum List

Back