Kasich-Hickenlooper eye Bid for 2020: Mixed Ticket for President and VP?

Do you support this bipartisan platform? Or the same concept but with other leaders? Who?

• 1. Yes, I'd vote for this concept and candidates. Or others (please specify)

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • 2. No, this is more collusion with party politics and not the right direction

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • 3. Yes and No (please specify) I want change but not like this

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • 4. Other

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nikki Haley and Joseph Manchin ... reasonable reps from both parties. A little sanity wouldn't hurt anyone.

2 more fruitcakes. Try again.
Haley will be President some day. I'd bank on it. .

You felt the same about hiLIARy too.....:rofl:
Hillary has nothing to do with this. Everything you've posted here has been nothing but negative trolll bullshit, Zander. Emily tries to have an actual conversation. Stop being such a pest and contribute something reasonable, please.

Kasich, Hickenlooper eye joint 2020 bid

YES! After a website went down that had been advocating to allow Mixed Tickets,
These two candidates may be able to pull that off if they run as Independents.

Wow. I had been pushing for this also: for Democrats to focus on the VP position
and manage programs by States through the Senate. While Republicans focus on
the Presidential position as Commander in Chief for national security, foreign relations and global economy. Split the White House responsibilities between Domestic policies and International.

Do you think we can start organizing this NOW?
Start collaborations between parties instead of divisive rhetoric to bully for dominance?

Are these the right leaders for the job?
Or do you see other people taking charge if parties start collaborating on public policy?

I want to see Ralph Nader and Paul Glover of the Greens in cabinet positions also.
Do you support these two candidates in pushing for inter-party collaboration?
Or others? Who?
===============

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) and Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) — "the Johns," as insiders are calling them — have been making a flurry of joint appearances to talk about state-driven improvements to health care.

But Axios has learned that their duet is part of an alliance that's gaining momentum toward a possible joint independent bid for president in 2020, likely with Kasich at the top of the ticket:

Keep reading 346 words
  • The two, who got to know each other at conferences, plan to extend their joint platform from health care to two other hot policy areas: immigration and job creation.
  • On health care (with a detailed plan to be released soon), the two have broadened their efforts to a bipartisan group that includes 11 governors.
  • The Johns' jobs plan will focus on the coming displacement from automation, with prescriptions that include trade, workforce training — and an optimistic and hopeful message, balanced with an honest admission that some jobs just aren't coming back.
  • The two are talking to major media companies about a possible podcast or cable show to continue cementing their brand. Their conversations would include politics, policy, and pop culture.
  • In D.C. in early September, the two will hold a health-care conference that includes policy input from the American Enterprise Institute on the right and the Center for American Progress on the left.
  • Kasich, who's being advised by veteran consultant John Weaver, is keeping open all his options, including the possibility of primarying Trump in 2020.
  • Nothing subtle about any of this: Kasich has urged Hickenlooper to visit New Hampshire.
  • Both are 65 and both were born in the crucial electoral state of Pennsylvania, Kasich from the Pittsburgh side and Hickenlooper from the Philly side (corrected).
  • Both are proud policy wonks, and their staffs are said to get along famously.
Why it matters: National Dems so far haven't capitalized on Trump's record unpopularity and obsession with his base. But this is a creative coupling that'll get a ton of airtime, and maybe even traction.

The pushback: Some establishment Dems are apoplectic about the idea of Hickenlooper teaming up with a Republican. One top strategist told me: "No Dem wants Kasich anywhere near our ticket. Sounds like a No Labels fantasy, but moderate Dems would hate it."

But a veteran operative emails: "Our political system is completely broken. Something big and historic needs to happen to break the logjam. I'm a big Dem but I'm for anything that ... does away with this hyper-partisanship on both sides that is paralyzing our government."

Warren/Collins ; )
Please don't take Collins from us--we're hoping she's running for Governor of Maine next year.
Dear Peach and OldLady
Thanks for giving specific names.
Yes I believe we need to plan ahead, with full transparency, which leaders need to serve in which roles. Why compete for the same slots while others go without a good contender? Why not create jobs for all leaders to serve to maximum capacity, instead of wasting millions when candidates from the same party run against each other! That money could have paid to create a whole separate job for someone to reform problem s directly instead of campaigning on promises that come out empty.

OldLady about Trump voters, we do need to focus on what are the real solutions that will redress taxpayers issues, not just what wins campaign votes. Where do taxpayers want to put our money, and what solutions will get our debts paid off or paid back? The solutions I see come from leaders from all parties. The reason I voted for Trump as a Democrat was that he would push for independent business plans and would be held in check by both parties not letting him get away with any Unconstitutional BS as Obama or Clinton would get away with without check. Trump is compelling the people to get involved in govt or else nothing will get done. Unless all sides agree , so we have to come up with solid financial solutions. It has to make sense to all sides, then we won't run into opposition. That's where America is heading.

I believe Cruz Libertarians and Constitutionalists will set up a grievance and settlement process to hold govt accountable for restitition and reimbursement for debts damages waste and corruption owed to taxpayers.

And it will take leaders and members of ALL parties to represent the programs and policies we each want to invest in both statewide and nationally. So which party leaders need to serve in which roles to coordinate between local state and national federal govt?

Can we hold a cross-party Constitutional convention and work out a network system of equal representation on issues? Why can't everyone fund jobs for the candidates and officers we want to hire you manage our programs? Isn't there enough work and demand to create jobs for all leaders who want to get involved?
Why compete for the same slots while others go without a good contender? Why not create jobs for all leaders to serve to maximum capacity, instead of wasting millions when candidates from the same party run against each other!
We're definitely on the same train there, Emily.

While our system may be termed 'wasteful' (I disagree, liberty costs more than authoritaranism) and 'sloppy', it is the best humans have developed, I would not trade our political system.

Though I'm almost certain Trump will face a primary challenge, I fear that too many Republicans will enter the race and allow the incumbency effect to carry Trump to his second GOP nomination.
This would be an opportune moment for Democrats and Republicans alike to figure out what in hell REALLY happened that got Trump elected. We've had plenty of pointing at the surface issues. But how he manipulated the media and ran an overwhelmingly successful campaign based on television hype and fairly standard sales techniques has to be analyzed. He just filled a niche and spoke to a large constituency that had not been recognized in a long time. And then there was the explosion of fake news against the Dems. Obviously, he didn't win on the basis of his character, his credentials or the potency of his ideas. He won on celebrity.
Figure it out, everyone, before we rinse and repeat.
Trump took advantage of the Establishment colluding with the media to slander their opponents.

Pretty sure Trump won because the Establishment had been telling the people not to choose Trump. Also likely because Hillary was a significantly worse option, and the Establishment was telling them to choose Hillary. Also probably because it has been clear since H.W. Bush that the Establishment doesn't care what the people want, and they got sick of it. Just speculation, though~

Wow. I had been pushing for this also: for Democrats to focus on the VP position
the Presidential position as Commander in Chief for national security, foreign relations and global economy. Split the White House responsibilities between Domestic policies and International.

Start collaborations between parties instead of divisive rhetoric to bully for dominance?

Or do you see other people taking charge if parties start collaborating on public policy?

I want to see Ralph Nader and Paul Glover of the Greens in cabinet positions also.
Or others? Who?
===============

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) and Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) — "the Johns," as insiders are calling them — have been making a flurry of joint appearances to talk about state-driven improvements to health care.

But Axios has learned that their duet is part of an alliance that's gaining momentum toward a possible joint independent bid for president in 2020, likely with Kasich at the top of the ticket:

Keep reading 346 words
  • The two, who got to know each other at conferences, plan to extend their joint platform from health care to two other hot policy areas: immigration and job creation.
  • On health care (with a detailed plan to be released soon), the two have broadened their efforts to a bipartisan group that includes 11 governors.
  • The Johns' jobs plan will focus on the coming displacement from automation, with prescriptions that include trade, workforce training — and an optimistic and hopeful message, balanced with an honest admission that some jobs just aren't coming back.
  • The two are talking to major media companies about a possible podcast or cable show to continue cementing their brand. Their conversations would include politics, policy, and pop culture.
  • In D.C. in early September, the two will hold a health-care conference that includes policy input from the American Enterprise Institute on the right and the Center for American Progress on the left.
  • Kasich, who's being advised by veteran consultant John Weaver, is keeping open all his options, including the possibility of primarying Trump in 2020.
  • Nothing subtle about any of this: Kasich has urged Hickenlooper to visit New Hampshire.
  • Both are 65 and both were born in the crucial electoral state of Pennsylvania, Kasich from the Pittsburgh side and Hickenlooper from the Philly side (corrected).
Why it matters: National Dems so far haven't capitalized on Trump's record unpopularity and obsession with his base. But this is a creative coupling that'll get a ton of airtime, and maybe even traction.

The pushback: Some establishment Dems are apoplectic about the idea of Hickenlooper teaming up with a Republican. One top strategist told me: "No Dem wants Kasich anywhere near our ticket. Sounds like a No Labels fantasy, but moderate Dems would hate it."

But a veteran operative emails: "Our political system is completely broken. Something big and historic needs to happen to break the logjam. I'm a big Dem but I'm for anything that ... does away with this hyper-partisanship on both sides that is paralyzing our government."

Warren/Collins ; )
Please don't take Collins from us--we're hoping she's running for Governor of Maine next year.
Dear Peach and OldLady
Yes I believe we need to plan ahead, with full transparency, which leaders need to serve in which roles. Why compete for the same slots while others go without a good contender? Why not create jobs for all leaders to serve to maximum capacity, instead of wasting millions when candidates from the same party run against each other! That money could have paid to create a whole separate job for someone to reform problem s directly instead of campaigning on promises that come out empty.

OldLady about Trump voters, we do need to focus on what are the real solutions that will redress taxpayers issues, not just what wins campaign votes. Where do taxpayers want to put our money, and what solutions will get our debts paid off or paid back? The solutions I see come from leaders from all parties. The reason I voted for Trump as a Democrat was that he would push for independent business plans and would be held in check by both parties not letting him get away with any Unconstitutional BS as Obama or Clinton would get away with without check. Trump is compelling the people to get involved in govt or else nothing will get done. Unless all sides agree , so we have to come up with solid financial solutions. It has to make sense to all sides, then we won't run into opposition. That's where America is heading.

I believe Cruz Libertarians and Constitutionalists will set up a grievance and settlement process to hold govt accountable for restitition and reimbursement for debts damages waste and corruption owed to taxpayers.

And it will take leaders and members of ALL parties to represent the programs and policies we each want to invest in both statewide and nationally. So which party leaders need to serve in which roles to coordinate between local state and national federal govt?

Can we hold a cross-party Constitutional convention and work out a network system of equal representation on issues? Why can't everyone fund jobs for the candidates and officers we want to hire you manage our programs? Isn't there enough work and demand to create jobs for all leaders who want to get involved?
Why compete for the same slots while others go without a good contender? Why not create jobs for all leaders to serve to maximum capacity, instead of wasting millions when candidates from the same party run against each other!

While our system may be termed 'wasteful' (I disagree, liberty costs more than authoritaranism) and 'sloppy', it is the best humans have developed, I would not trade our political system.
Does that mean you oppose the idea of having a Repub and a Dem on one ticket for Pres and VP?

Nikki Haley and Joseph Manchin ... reasonable reps from both parties. A little sanity wouldn't hurt anyone.

Hillary has nothing to do with this. Everything you've posted here has been nothing but negative trolll bullshit, Zander. Emily tries to have an actual conversation. Stop being such a pest and contribute something reasonable, please.

I've contributed a great deal to this thread! I've brought much needed levity to this joke of a thread.

Kasich won one exactly state, Ohio. His home state. Where he is governor! :rofl:
Hickenlooper is unknown outside of Colorado (and probably within the stoner state too!). These two clowns have no charisma and are both hideously ugly. One eats like a garbage disposal the other has a name only a Huckabee could love. :rofl:

And much to your chagrin, hiLIARy is part of this conversation. A big part! You condescendingly assumed and assured everyone that hiLIARy was not only going to easily win the election, she was headed for a LANDSLIDE!!! Remember that? I do. Instead, she got her fat cankled clock cleaned. So, when you say " Haley will be President some day. I'd bank on it". why should we take what you say seriously?

You have a track record and it stinks. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

As for Emily, she's what a I call a "double drainer" (i have to drain the drool cup twice whenever reading her posts). BORING!!!

I've contributed a great deal to this thread! I've brought much needed levity to this joke of a thread.

Kasich won one exactly state, Ohio. His home state. Where he is governor! :rofl:
Hickenlooper is unknown outside of Colorado (and probably within the stoner state too!). These two clowns have no charisma and are both hideously ugly. One eats like a garbage disposal the other has a name only a Huckabee could love. :rofl:

And much to your chagrin, hiLIARy is part of this conversation. A big part! You condescendingly assumed and assured everyone that hiLIARy was not only going to easily win the election, she was headed for a LANDSLIDE!!! Remember that? I do. Instead, she got her fat cankled clock cleaned. So, when you say " Haley will be President some day. I'd bank on it". why should we take what you say seriously?

You have a track record and it stinks. If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen.

As for Emily, she's what a I call a "double drainer" (i have to drain the drool cup twice whenever reading her posts). BORING!!!
I'd also like to point out that the one state he got, he barely won... he barely won his home state.

That is NOT a mixed ticket. It's a leftist ticket
It's a middle of the road ticket. I sure don't agree with everything Haley gives lip service to, but I believe she has an internal balance wheel, sense of right and wrong, and a functioning brain.

Or others? Who?
===============

Keep reading 346 words

A quisling Republican....and the other guy......Kasich couldn't beat Trump one on one and Trump wasn't even in office........kasich has revealed himself to be a republican member of the democrat party.....never happen.

That is NOT a mixed ticket. It's a leftist ticket
It's a middle of the road ticket. I sure don't agree with everything Haley gives lip service to, but I believe she has an internal balance wheel, sense of right and wrong, and a functioning brain.
AT BEST Kasich is a moderate, and that's being optimistic. It's a left ticket, not a middle of the road ticket. Not that anyone can believe anything he says, as he only tells people what he thinks they want to hear.

Or others? Who?
===============

Keep reading 346 words

A quisling Republican....and the other guy......Kasich couldn't beat Trump one on one and Trump wasn't even in office........kasich has revealed himself to be a republican member of the democrat party.....never happen.
So, for the spirit of the thread, what Repub and Dem would you choose?

Or others? Who?
===============

Keep reading 346 words

So, for the spirit of the thread, what Repub and Dem would you choose?

No democrats...ever...for one. They are left wing socialists and can't be trusted with power.....I can't think of any Republican of the current crop....except Trump......I will vote for him again in 2020...hopefully Trump 2.0, whoever that will be, will come after Trumps 8 years...we need another fighter like Trump without the rough edges...but twice the fight....

Warren/Collins ; )
Dear Peach and OldLady

Does that mean you oppose the idea of having a Repub and a Dem on one ticket for Pres and VP?

No, if nominated. I like the idea.

Though I'm almost certain Trump will face a primary challenge, I fear that too many Republicans will enter the race and allow the incumbency effect to carry Trump to his second GOP nomination.
This would be an opportune moment for Democrats and Republicans alike to figure out what in hell REALLY happened that got Trump elected. We've had plenty of pointing at the surface issues. But how he manipulated the media and ran an overwhelmingly successful campaign based on television hype and fairly standard sales techniques has to be analyzed. He just filled a niche and spoke to a large constituency that had not been recognized in a long time. And then there was the explosion of fake news against the Dems. Obviously, he didn't win on the basis of his character, his credentials or the potency of his ideas. He won on celebrity.
He just filled a niche and spoke to a large constituency that had not been recognized in a long time.

That pretty well summarizes his strategy. It's not a novel strategy, but it is the strategy that best describes how Trump won.

Politics is nothing but the marketing of ideas, namely public policy ideas. Trump is a decent enough marketer. It's not much of a leap to apply service marketing principles to the end of marketing ideas and oneself. A major problem with Trump is that he is like a person who interviews really well and gets hired and who, upon completing their training, shows that for as strong an interviewer as they are, they are lousy (for whatever reason(s)) at actually doing the job. The job at which Trump stinks is governing.

He just filled a niche and spoke to a large constituency that had not been recognized in a long time.

That pretty well summarizes his strategy. It's not a novel strategy, but it is the strategy that best describes how Trump won.

Politics is nothing but the marketing of ideas, namely public policy ideas. Trump is a decent enough marketer. It's not much of a leap to apply service marketing principles to the end of marketing ideas and oneself. A major problem with Trump is that he is like a person who interviews really well and gets hired and who, upon completing their training, shows that for as strong an interviewer as they are, they are lousy (for whatever reason(s)) at actually doing the job. The job at which Trump stinks is governing.
I get what you're saying, but it seems to me that the bang-up job Trump did manipulating the American public was a bit beyond the standard "marketing techniques" used by other politicans in past elections. It worries me that we will continue to run on such antics in the future.

Forum List

Back