Kavanaugh/Ford Opinon threads from Saturday, Sept 23, 2018

Will Ford Actually Make The Hearing On Thursday?

• Yes

Votes: 16 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 36 69.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kavanaugh's victim did not speak about this for years. Why should these people remember something they never considered significant? Ms. Ford will speak on Thursday. You rape enablers failed to silence or destroy her, as you have done to countless rape victims.

Why should they remember? You're serious. Thats disturbing.

Do you remember every person who was ever at every party you attended during high school? Did you know every person that was ever at every party? Yes? If so, you must have been one of those losers who never got invited to the parties, except that one sleepover you and three other comic book nerds had sophomore year.

Nope, but if my buddy tried to rape a girl, I am sure I would still remember that. Did that happen so much at your high school that it was not big deal?

I asked my wife, and she actually remembers a situation pretty close to this where a guy got too pushy with a girl at a high school party.

Those aren't witnesses. She basically told them what she remembered. They weren't there. And we already have the therapist's notes which don't even name Kavanaugh

you have the notes? they were released? oh the fact that it was from 6 years ago, loooooooooooooong before trump & the 'election' & the 2nd nomination has credence. her husband who DID say she named kavanaugh back then certainly has merit too. & if this is all political & she's some kind of plant, then it will come out. btw- she could have very well gone after justice gorsuch - who your pussy grabbing president got onto the SC... they both went to the same school, but she didn't. why not?

chew on that one, suzy.

She apparently "recovered" these memories in therapy. That's a dubious practice even in the arena of psychology. That's for starters. For enders, not one of the four people she named as witnesses collaborate her story under oath. Not. One.

This is all but over

PTSD & it's effects are nothing to ponder when you haven't been thru it, nor understand the consequences of it.. so your point about that is dismissed.

'For enders, not one of the four people she named as witnesses collaborate her story under oath. Not. One.'

when were they under oath? & she isn't being doubted by at least one, & why.

Christine Blasey Ford moves closer to deal with Senate Republicans to testify against Kavanaugh

Repressed and recovered memory is still a very controversial therapy in psychology and psychiatry, not matter what you THINK you know about PTSD. That's first. Second, any letter you submit to the Congress is considered subject to perjury, just like being under oath. It's like sworn testimony in writing. Note: Ford has submitted no such thing. Hmmmm, right?

she wants witness that can be questioned in person.... & you don't know if that actually was her therapy, do you?

I don't know why it wouldn't have been. She has written several articles on "regressive therapy" and it would explain how she came up with a memory literally no one else remembers.

Because that is what this therapy does and has done in several well-known examples. Produce false memories in people.

They don’t investigate high school rumours in background investigations. That you think they do shows how little you know about background checks.

Depending on the degree to which they are doing a background check, they do talk to a pant load of the people you had contact with growing up, and they will investigate allegations of misconduct in your youth. Crap, if necessary, they will investigate your friends, parents, their friends, and neighbors.

Kavanaugh's victim did not speak about this for years. Why should these people remember something they never considered significant? Ms. Ford will speak on Thursday. You rape enablers failed to silence or destroy her, as you have done to countless rape victims.

You want a good tell for that hearing? Watch Ford, does she gives answers freely? Consult with her lawyer before answering? Plead the Fifth?
She already passed a polygraph. She’ll be fine.

Anyone can be coached to pass a polygraph. Did you see the questions asked?

Kavanaugh has become an albatross around the GOP`s neck right now. Suburban women were already tilting Democrat and when the Repub senators get nasty with Dr. Blasey, and they will, they risk an even greater backlash at the polls in November.
Scary.

Most women don't believe the bimbo prof.

The Left expects us to forget that there is a Mrs. Kavanaugh, and that Mrs. Kavanaugh has two daughters.

In truth, almost all women know women like it SEEMS Christina Ford might have been, or is. Mmmm-hmmm. This is why the support for her is "surprisingly" low among women.
Mr. Trump has a wife and a daughter so what`s your point? It didn`t stop him from buying whores and grabbing pussies.

Trump is a horrible husband which I have said here many times. A philanderer and adulterer and make no mistake about it. That is a far cry from an almost-rapist, however. Can you understand the difference?

What is she going to do on Thursday, show us the bruises????

So, it is OK to rape women if there are no witnesses.
Women are normally raped without witnessses present.
Then they normally go to the police and report it and evidence is gathered so it can be determined whether or not she has indeed been raped.
Don’t you know this?.

The Criminal Justice System: Statistics
The Vast Majority of Perpetrators Will Not Go to Jail or Prison

Out_Of_1000_Rapes%20122016.png

The Majority of Sexual Assaults Are Not Reported to the Police
Only 310 out of every 1,000 sexual assaults are reported to police. That means about 2 out of 3 go unreported.1

• Individuals of college-age2
    • Female Students: 20% report
    • Female Non-Students: 32% report
  • The elderly: 28% report3
  • Members of the military: 43% of female victims and 10% of male victims reported.4
Reasons Victims Choose to Report—or Not
Of the sexual violence crimes reported to police from 2005-2010, the survivor reporting gave the following reasons for doing so:5

• 28% to protect the household or victim from further crimes by the offender
  • 25% to stop the incident or prevent recurrence or escalation
  • 21% to improve police surveillance or they believed they had a duty to do so
  • 17% to catch/punish/prevent offender from reoffending
  • 6% gave a different answer, or declined to cite one reason
  • 3% did so to get help or recover loss
Of the sexual violence crimes not reported to police from 2005-2010, the victim gave the following reasons for not reporting:5

• 20% feared retaliation
  • 13% believed the police would not do anything to help
  • 13% believed it was a personal matter
  • 8% reported to a different official
  • 8% believed it was not important enough to report
  • 7% did not want to get the perpetrator in trouble
  • 2% believed the police could not do anything to help
  • 30% gave another reason, or did not cite one reason
Read more statistics about perpetrators of sexual violence.

The Criminal Justice System: Statistics | RAINN

Sure. Is this the same organization that manufactured the now debunked "one out of three college women is assaulted" or some such? Their title page says, "We believe YOU". Yeah? How nice. But what if I'm lying and I know it, or I don't know it because I had "repressed memory therapy" but I'll just go with it anyway???

too lazy to even look it up?

Understanding RAINN’s statistics
Sexual violence is notoriously difficult to measure, and there is no single source of data that provides a complete picture of the crime. On RAINN’s website, we have tried to select the most reliable source of statistics for each topic. The primary data source we use is the National Crime Victimization Survey (NCVS), which is an annual study conducted by the Justice Department. To conduct NCVS, researchers interview tens of thousands of Americans each year to learn about crimes that they’ve experienced. Based on those interviews, the study provides estimates of the total number of crimes, including those that were not reported to police. While NCVS has a number of limitations (most importantly, children under age 12 are not included), overall, it is the most reliable source of crime statistics in the U.S.

We have also relied on other Justice Department studies, as well as data from the Department of Health and Human Services and other government and academic sources. When assembling these statistics, we have generally retained the wording used btrump loves the poorly educated.y the authors. Statistics are presented for educational purposes only. Each statistic includes a footnote citation for the original source, where you can find information about the methodology and a definition of terms.

Learn more about RAINN's statistics.

trump loves the poorly educated.

Using the NCVS for anything is foolish......

National Crime Victimization Survey A new report finds that the Justice Department has been undercounting instances of rape and sexual assault.

How helpful, then, that the Justice Department asked the National Research Council (part of the National Academies, which also includes the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine) to study how successfully the federal government measures rape. The answer has just arrived, in a report out Tuesday with the headline from the press release: “The National Crime Victimization Survey Is Likely Undercounting Rape and Sexual Assault.” We’re not talking about small fractions—we’re talking about the kind of potentially massive underestimate that the military and the Justice Department have warned about for years—and that could be throwing a wrench into the effort to do the most effective type of rape prevention.....

But here are the flaws that call the nice-sounding stats into doubt: The NCVS is designed to measure all kinds of crime victimization. The questions it poses about sexual violence are embedded among questions that ask about lots of other types of crime. For example:

There is, in fact, an existing survey that has many of the attributes the NCVS currently lacks. It’s administered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and it’s called the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey. (NISVS is the acronym. Apologies for the alphabet soup.)

NISVS “represents the public health perspective,” as Tuesday’s report puts it, and it asks questions about specific behavior, including whether the survey-taker was unable to consent to sex because he or she had been drinking or taking drugs. NISVS was first conducted in 2010, so it doesn’t go back in time the way the NCVS numbers do. But here’s the startling direct comparison between the two measures: NISVS counted 1.27 million total sexual acts of forced penetration for women over the past year (including completed, attempted, and alcohol or drug facilitated).

NCVS counted only 188,380 for rape and sexual assault. And the FBI, which collects its data from local law enforcement, and so only counts rapes and attempted rapes that have been reported as crimes, totaled only 85,593 for 2010.

But here’s the startling direct comparison between the two measures: NISVS counted 1.27 million total sexual acts of forced penetration for women over the past year (including completed, attempted, and alcohol or drug facilitated).

NCVS counted only 188,380 for rape and sexual assault.

um, ok. so your stats say the incidence of sexual assault is lower. it doesn't not say how many go unreported or the reasons why.

What is she going to do on Thursday, show us the bruises????

She will come down with a cold and not be able to make it, pushing it back a couple more weeks till it is too late. That seems to have been the plan all along

because it's the written questions from the senators. if they own the words - they should speak them.

Some of the Senators on the Judiciary Committee are women, do their words mean anything different? If the questions are written, how would you know who wrote them? Is it okay if a man asks a question a woman asked him to ask?

because none of the female senators are the ones that will be asking.

They don’t investigate high school rumours in background investigations. That you think they do shows how little you know about background checks.

Depending on the degree to which they are doing a background check, they do talk to a pant load of the people you had contact with growing up, and they will investigate allegations of misconduct in your youth. Crap, if necessary, they will investigate your friends, parents, their friends, and neighbors.

True fact: I had the FBI at my door several years back. Scared the crap outta me. Dark coats, flashy badges, like out of a TV show. They wanted to know about my neighbor, a great guy who had been a cop for years who was being promoted to the FBI. I told them just that: our kids played together, great guy, etc.

I've lost a lot of respect for the FBI for obvious reasons but those dudes were still scary.

Do you remember every person who was ever at every party you attended during high school? Did you know every person that was ever at every party? Yes? If so, you must have been one of those losers who never got invited to the parties, except that one sleepover you and three other comic book nerds had sophomore year.

Nope, but if my buddy tried to rape a girl, I am sure I would still remember that. Did that happen so much at your high school that it was not big deal?

I asked my wife, and she actually remembers a situation pretty close to this where a guy got too pushy with a girl at a high school party.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. Read golfing gator's response.

um, ok. so your stats say the incidence of sexual assault is lower. it doesn't not say how many go unreported or the reasons why.

Your attempting to assign value to something unreported, mirrors your attempts to lend credibility to things not supported in evidence. You cannot accurately count the number of times something wasn't reported, because the only means by which you could count it, is if someone reported it. At best you would be attempting to use times someone didn't report something until later, and their reasons why, to suggest that still other people must not be reporting something, you have no actual idea exists, to any certain degree that can be enumerated.

It's really the only crime where people doubt the victim immediately. If your car was stolen, they don't say, 'Are sure it was stolen? Why were you driving such an expensive car?'

because it's the written questions from the senators. if they own the words - they should speak them.

Some of the Senators on the Judiciary Committee are women, do their words mean anything different? If the questions are written, how would you know who wrote them? Is it okay if a man asks a question a woman asked him to ask?

because none of the female senators are the ones that will be asking.

How do you know none of the women on the Senate Judiciary Committee will ask her questions? How do you know they won't ask a man on the Judiciary Committee to ask Dr. Ford a question? How do you know that any woman anywhere, cannot have a question asked of Dr. Ford by someone on the Committee, during her testimony in front of the Judiciary Committee?

Which goes back to, why is she afraid to answer questions from any woman during her testimony?

Forum List

Back