Keeping guns from criminals - liberals, what is your plan?

This isn't about gays. And i'm sorry, but i have witnessed bizarre gun nut behavior on many occasions

:wtf:

But you haven't "witnessed bizarre gay behavior on many occasions. You can spot em pretty easily. They're aggressive and obsessive?"

The question is about your intellectual consistency, Holmes. You keep presenting to us gun nuts as if that's our problem somehow. Are the gay nuts the problem of all gays to you?

The camo-wearing douches are the worst. And there's much more of em out there than you think.

Just chill out and don't take the gun & ammo thing too seriously. Aggressive obsessive behavior only pushes average people into the Gun-Grabber camp.

I don't know what you are are referring to, but should people who want free speech not infringed by government "just chill out and don't take the free speech thing too seriously?" When government illegally searches our property should we "just chill out and don't take the illegal search and seizure thing too seriously?"

Maybe we are on the wrong track? If guns make America safer perhaps every household should be required or encouraged to have one, or even better, every adult over the age of 21. With all adults carrying a gun it would sure cut down on the "spur of the moment" gun deaths, and America would be safer than ever.
When you post someone else's talking points, it is usually expected that you cite the source.
I didn't read that, it just occurred to me...
Given that everything else you post sounds like a mindless and/or dishonest talking point issued by the DNC or the CSGV, I find that hard to believe.
By the way how do you stand on requiring each household in America to have a gun?
You have the right to keep and bear arms. You also have the right to NOT keep and bear arms.
It's your choice to do so or not.

Half-truth: You don't have a right to bear all types of arms; some arms require a license. Thus, a half-truth is basically a LIE of Omission.

Here's a word for you to look up, "infringed." What does "shall not be infringed" mean? Does that mean government will inform us what guns we can and can't have?

Can government decide that for speech too? What topics we can freely discuss?

Unfortunately, too many gun owners have no idea how their own behavior and approach often pushes average people in the Anti-Gun direction. Too many behave aggessively and obsessively when it comes to guns and ammo. I've witnessed the bizarre behavior myself on many occasions.

You can't take the gun thing too seriously. It can turn one into an angry addict. The aggressive obsessive approach frightens average people who aren't into the firearm thing. It pushes them into the Gun-Grabber camp. Gun owners need to understand that their behavior does matter. Most Americans don't want guns in the hands of angry obsessed gun nuts. I'm sorry, but that is the reality. Just behave calmly and don't become obsessed. That approach is much better for the cause.

Why is that our problem that there are a few nuts out there and the Democrat nuts exploit that?

To 2guy's point, do you offer the same advice to gays? Are the wacko gays the problem of all gay's? Do all gays need to feel like they are like you tell gun owners that somehow the wackos are our problem? It's a great question
This isn't about gays.
No. It's about you not being consistent.

Hey, y'all wanna be aggressive obsessive gun nuts, so be it. Guns will be banned lickety-split. I'm trying to help. I'm trying to explain to you how average people who aren't into the firearm thing see things. You dress in camo head to toe and act aggressively and obsessively, most are gonna get frightened and view you as weird gun psychos.

Behavior does matter when it comes to perception. And honestly, i have come across too many aggressive obsessive gun owners. It's an unhealthy addiction for some. If you're acting aggressive and obsessive pertaining to guns, maybe you really shouldn't have guns. That's how many Americans see it. So don't ignore perception. You'll regret it.

You're trying to help by letting us know that as long as we're reasonable and we don't think guns are actually a protected right then we won't lose them entirely. Hmm. Thanks for that "help"

A good first step is registration of all firearms and background checks on ALL gun sales. Even between private parties. This will allow responsible gun owners to continue to own anything they want but will help place responsibility on to people who sell guns to people who shouldn't have them or end up using them for murder/crime.

We can certainly start there.

Add in a $200 a year licence per gun...
Would you like to pay $200/year to vote? To execize your freedom of speech? If you don't pay your local police department $200/year, can the search your home without a warrant?

Unfortunately, too many gun owners have no idea how their own behavior and approach often pushes average people in the Anti-Gun direction. Too many behave aggessively and obsessively when it comes to guns and ammo. I've witnessed the bizarre behavior myself on many occasions.

You can't take the gun thing too seriously. It can turn one into an angry addict. The aggressive obsessive approach frightens average people who aren't into the firearm thing. It pushes them into the Gun-Grabber camp. Gun owners need to understand that their behavior does matter. Most Americans don't want guns in the hands of angry obsessed gun nuts. I'm sorry, but that is the reality. Just behave calmly and don't become obsessed. That approach is much better for the cause.

Why is that our problem that there are a few nuts out there and the Democrat nuts exploit that?

To 2guy's point, do you offer the same advice to gays? Are the wacko gays the problem of all gay's? Do all gays need to feel like they are like you tell gun owners that somehow the wackos are our problem? It's a great question
This isn't about gays.
Hey, y'all wanna be aggressive obsessive gun nuts, so be it.
Your inconsistency on this matter is noted.
Thank you.

Just trying to enlighten you on how average people who aren't into the firearm thing see things. Honestly, too many people into guns do behave aggressively and obsessively. I've witnessed the behavior on many occasions. They behave like angry drug addicts demanding a fix.

Most gun owners don't understand that perception is everything. Gun owners need to watch their behavior. Because they are being observed. The Gun-Grabbers are looking for any excuse to grab em. And unfortunately, many gun owners are giving them more excuses. Curb the aggression and obsession, or else. Just stating reality.

This isn't about gays.
Thank you.

Just trying to enlighten you on how average people who aren't into the firearm thing see things. Honestly, too many people into guns do behave aggressively and obsessively. I've witnessed the behavior on many occasions. They behave like angry drug addicts demanding a fix.

Most gun owners don't understand that perception is everything. Gun owners need to watch their behavior. Because they are being observed. The Gun-Grabbers are looking for any excuse to grab em. And unfortunately, many gun owners are giving them more excuses. Curb the aggression and obsession, or else. Just stating reality.

You need to stop thinking you actually witnessed things you saw on TV

This isn't about gays.
Thank you.
Just trying to enlighten you on....
Your inability to admit your inconsistencies.
I got it,. Thank you.

This isn't about gays. And i'm sorry, but i have witnessed bizarre gun nut behavior on many occasions. You can spot em pretty easily. They're aggressive and obsessive. The camo-wearing douches are the worst. And there's much more of em out there than you think.

They approach guns & ammo like a drug addict approaches drugs. It isn't healthy. And it gives all gun owners a bad name. Just chill out and don't take the gun & ammo thing too seriously. Aggressive obsessive behavior only pushes average people into the Gun-Grabber camp.
He asked a simple question. Does the strange dude below help or hurt his cause?

1386490428677.jpg

A good first step is registration of all firearms and background checks on ALL gun sales. Even between private parties. This will allow responsible gun owners to continue to own anything they want but will help place responsibility on to people who sell guns to people who shouldn't have them or end up using them for murder/crime.

So how will you get the criminals to abide by the registration laws? How will you keep the criminals from stealing firearms? How will you keep the criminals from obtaining firearms in other countries and walking across our southern border with them?

People who actually think they can get criminals to obey gun laws are terminally obtuse.

This isn't about gays.

Hey, y'all wanna be aggressive obsessive gun nuts, so be it. Guns will be banned lickety-split. I'm trying to help. I'm trying to explain to you how average people who aren't into the firearm thing see things. You dress in camo head to toe and act aggressively and obsessively, most are gonna get frightened and view you as weird gun psychos.

Behavior does matter when it comes to perception. And honestly, i have come across too many aggressive obsessive gun owners. It's an unhealthy addiction for some. If you're acting aggressive and obsessive pertaining to guns, maybe you really shouldn't have guns. That's how many Americans see it. So don't ignore perception. You'll regret it.

You're trying to help by letting us know that as long as we're reasonable and we don't think guns are actually a protected right then we won't lose them entirely. Hmm. Thanks for that "help"

Know your enemy. It's wise to begin understanding how most Anti-Gun folks think. Most are not Gun-Grabber zealots. Most are reasonable people who just fear guns. And sadly, too many gun owners are obsessed aggressive kooks. They're giving people good reason to fear em.

Many gun owners do approach guns & ammo the way drug addicts approach drugs. It's disturbing behavior. It creeps out average people who aren't into firearms. It's a good idea to understand perception. It helps the cause.

This isn't about gays.
Thank you.

I've personally observed weird aggressive obsessive behavior on many occasions in regards to gun owners. I'm a gun owner myself. And many gun owners do treat guns & ammo like drugs. They're angry addicts. They give all gun owners a bad name. They're an embarrassment. They hurt the cause.

This isn't about gays.

Know your enemy. It's wise to begin understanding how most Anti-Gun folks think. Most are not Gun-Grabber zealots. Most are reasonable people who just fear guns. And sadly, too many gun owners are obsessed aggressive kooks. They're giving people good reason to fear em.

Many gun owners do approach guns & ammo the way drug addicts approach drugs. It's disturbing behavior. It creeps out average people who aren't into firearms. It's a good idea to understand perception. It helps the cause.

So again, somehow we're supposed to be apologists for gun nuts, but gays you don't call to hold that standard

Thank you.

I've personally observed weird aggressive obsessive behavior on many occasions in regards to gun owners. I'm a gun owner myself. And many gun owners do treat guns & ammo like drugs. They're angry addicts. They give all gun owners a bad name. They're an embarrassment.

Apparently you know the stereotypes liberals claim gun owners are.

Some people drive like idiots, should all drivers be apologists for that?

What about gays, should they be apologists for wacko gays?

This isn't about gays.

So again, somehow we're supposed to be apologists for gun nuts, but gays you don't call to hold that standard

The subject of the thread isn't about gays. That's another issue. But seriously, it would be wise to begin understanding how most Anti-Gun folks think. Ignoring it, will only hurt the cause.

If you're obsessed with guns & ammo, you probably do have a problem. You should chill out and find another hobby. It's those kind of gun owners who are pushing more people into the Gun-Grabber camp.

This isn't about gays.

You keep saying that.....
I suppose there are people obsessed with guns. Most of those are not really going to let the average person ever see their guns, let alone scare those too delicate to deal with people exercising their rights.
Define obsessed. I own, let's just say, more than 4 and less than 100 guns. Am I obsessed? I carry one from the time I put on my pants til the time I take them off. I have drawn my weapon and stuck it in a man's chest. Am I obsessed? I own camouflage clothing. Am I obsessed? I'm applying for my FFL. Am I obsessed?

WHF is obsessed in your mind?

Thank you.

I've personally observed weird aggressive obsessive behavior on many occasions in regards to gun owners. I'm a gun owner myself. And many gun owners do treat guns & ammo like drugs. They're angry addicts. They give all gun owners a bad name. They're an embarrassment.

Apparently you know the stereotypes liberals claim gun owners are.

Some people drive like idiots, should all drivers be apologists for that?

What about gays, should they be apologists for wacko gays?

I'm a gun owner myself. And i do witness that kind of aggressive obsessive behavior all the time. It's not all gun owners, but it's a lot of em. Too many of em.

thanks for providing a plan.

however, your plan would not work. how do conduct a background check of a private party selling a gun to a friend? currently crimes and deaths have been committed even when a background check is done. it does help, but is not foolproof.

what would registration solve? if i sell my gun to person X, and they use it for a crime, why should i be responsible? a store is not responsible for a dui when someone gets drunk and drives.
Debating the effectiveness of gun control laws with proponents of gun control laws is akin to asking them to accept reality in lieu of their false logic. They logically conclude that if a criminal had no gun, the criminal could not use the gun to commit a crime. This is quite true. Then they err in concluding that gun laws will keep guns away from criminals. The err in concluding that law abiding citizens will not have their constitutional gun rights infringed upon by laws limiting their access to guns.

People like Geraldo Rivera (a proponent of gun control) are surrounded by paid bodyguards. Geraldo doesn't need to carry a gun.

This isn't about gays.

You keep saying that.....
I suppose there are people obsessed with guns. Most of those are not really going to let the average person ever see their guns, let alone scare those too delicate to deal with people exercising their rights.
Define obsessed. I own, let's just say, more than 4 and less than 100 guns. Am I obsessed? I carry one from the time I put on my pants til the time I take them off. I have drawn my weapon and stuck it in a man's chest. Am I obsessed? I own camouflage clothing. Am I obsessed? I'm applying for my FFL. Am I obsessed?

WHF is obsessed in your mind?

I've observed a lot of aggressive and obsessive behavior in regards to gun owners over the years. It is disturbing behavior. And i'm a gun owner myself. For some reason, many who own several firearms do seem to exhibit aggressive obsessive tendencies. Too much hostility.

And i can see how that would make people nervous. The camo-wearing jackasses are the worst offenders. They're all about aggression and bravado. They make people wanna run to the Gun-Grabber cause.

Forum List

Back