Kentucky Clerk Jailed for Contempt of Court

No law can be made that violates a persons conscious.....Any law becomes un-Constititutional that requires a person to give up their deeply held beliefs...

Sure they can. Laws like that are passed all of the time. She can not be made to violate her religious beliefs, however, as she is a ELECTED OFFICIAL, she is bound to FOLLOW the LAW. That is the oath she swore.

If she can't reconcile her beliefs with the oath she swore then her only option is to resign in protest. Generals and business executives do it all the time and so should she.
Except it only works that way in a dictatorial tyranny....

She held the position BEFORE the law was passed. This means that the law intentionally targets people of faith.....I hope that she appeals to the SCOTUS......

And to be honest.....I really don't care what anyone on this or any forum thinks regarding this.....The day this country can pass a law that requires ME to have to alter My beliefs or behaviors is the day that that government needs to be abolished.

It spells the death of liberty.

It doesn't matter. If the judges rule in a way you think is wrong, or immoral, you resign your position and fight the fight in a legal way. You don't assume you have all the power and ignore judicial rulings. SHE was the one being dictatorial.
It appears that what you are now saying is that anyone who stands on their faith cannot be in an elected positon?

If their religion forces them to violate other peoples rights, that is correct. If a Muslim told me that I couldn't do something based on their religious views I would likewise demand that they resign their position. Other wise what you are advocating for is SHARIA law.

See how that works?
The people voted her into hat position. Judges made up something that is no where written into the constitution and now she is expected to go with the flow with her name assigned to a document that was not in place when the people voted her into that position.

I see how people capitulate so easily and give up; so many claim that they believe on the written Word and then they turn right around and what the Word says and do not stand on truth. I see when activist judges are out of control.

Now I see a woman who has true grit that refuses to be bullied by a few sick people who are more than willing to accept deviant behavior as a norm or fall away from the truth in favor of letting the unjust ride over those who disagree.

I see children in public schools assaulted with propaganda daily that all sorts of abhorrent behavior is perfectly acceptable, they really can't think or have a thought process of their own and Hitler was not really a bad guy after all.

I also see that if the people do not or are not willing to take a stand against this type of crap freedom and liberty will become a thing of the past here for a period of time until people are once again sick and tired of being ruled over by tyrants.

Then again the spirit told me that the rebellious children of Umm [sic]were brought forth and will accept their own destruction for this day and time in history.

...So you support christian sharia law.
There is no such thing.

However, in the interest of fairness, we should let you go out on a limb here, and define 'Christian Sharia Law' for the audience.

Please proceed.
so she wasn't imposing her religious beliefs on government offices? she wasn't using her office to treat people differently based on her religious law?

Davis' lawyer, Roger Gannam, said it was the first time in history an American citizen has been jailed for believing that marriage is a union between one man and one woman. He compared her willingness to accept imprisonment to what Martin Luther King Jr. did to advance civil rights.

BINGO! Martyr for religious rights.
Comparing Davis to MLK is an insult to the work and memory of Dr. King.

Sure they can. Laws like that are passed all of the time. She can not be made to violate her religious beliefs, however, as she is a ELECTED OFFICIAL, she is bound to FOLLOW the LAW. That is the oath she swore.

If she can't reconcile her beliefs with the oath she swore then her only option is to resign in protest. Generals and business executives do it all the time and so should she.
Except it only works that way in a dictatorial tyranny....

She held the position BEFORE the law was passed. This means that the law intentionally targets people of faith.....I hope that she appeals to the SCOTUS......

And to be honest.....I really don't care what anyone on this or any forum thinks regarding this.....The day this country can pass a law that requires ME to have to alter My beliefs or behaviors is the day that that government needs to be abolished.

It spells the death of liberty.

It doesn't matter. If the judges rule in a way you think is wrong, or immoral, you resign your position and fight the fight in a legal way. You don't assume you have all the power and ignore judicial rulings. SHE was the one being dictatorial.
It appears that what you are now saying is that anyone who stands on their faith cannot be in an elected positon?

If their religion forces them to violate other peoples rights, that is correct. If a Muslim told me that I couldn't do something based on their religious views I would likewise demand that they resign their position. Other wise what you are advocating for is SHARIA law.

See how that works?
The people voted her into hat position. Judges made up something that is no where written into the constitution and now she is expected to go with the flow with her name assigned to a document that was not in place when the people voted her into that position.

I see how people capitulate so easily and give up; so many claim that they believe on the written Word and then they turn right around and what the Word says and do not stand on truth. I see when activist judges are out of control.

Now I see a woman who has true grit that refuses to be bullied by a few sick people who are more than willing to accept deviant behavior as a norm or fall away from the truth in favor of letting the unjust ride over those who disagree.

I see children in public schools assaulted with propaganda daily that all sorts of abhorrent behavior is perfectly acceptable, they really can't think or have a thought process of their own and Hitler was not really a bad guy after all.

I also see that if the people do not or are not willing to take a stand against this type of crap freedom and liberty will become a thing of the past here for a period of time until people are once again sick and tired of being ruled over by tyrants.

Then again the spirit told me that the rebellious children of Umm [sic]were brought forth and will accept their own destruction for this day and time in history.
so you believe that she can use her office to impose her religious beliefs on the citizens of her county. you believe that the rights of those citizens are secondary to the first amendment rights of the county clerk?

...Unfortunately there are other bigots with the same contempt for the Constitution and the law as Davis, as your post illustrates.
The civil servant in question is not contemptuous of the Constitution.

She merely believes that five old lawyers in Washington DC have incorrectly interpreted it, in this narrow instance.

Thereby overturning centuries of American and English and Western European law, and religious beliefs, and public morals, and common sense.

And she refuses to be a part of that downward slide towards a degenerate, licentious, impure, unclean, filthy, effeminate, gutless, nutless, backbone-less, perverse society.

There is no such thing.

However, in the interest of fairness, we should let you go out on a limb here, and define 'Christian Sharia Law' for the audience.

Please proceed.
so she wasn't imposing her religious beliefs on government offices? she wasn't using her office to treat people differently based on her religious law?
That is not the challenge to our colleague, here.

The challenge is to define 'Christian Sharia Law'.

The audience is still waiting.

There is no such thing.

Please proceed.
There most certainly is christian sharia law and you support it.....and if you don't know what it is....it is running our country thru your interpretation of what your god wants....NOT on the U.S. Consititution.

...There most certainly is christian sharia law and you support it.....and if you don't know what it is....it is running our country thru your interpretation of what your god wants....NOT on the U.S. Consititution.
You merely protesting that such a thing exists, does not render it extant.

You cannot accuse someone of supporting a law unless you can define it and articulate that definition.

You still have not done so, your audience is still waiting, and you still have the floor.

Please proceed.

There is no such thing.

Please proceed.
There most certainly is christian sharia law and you support it.....and if you don't know what it is....it is running our country thru your interpretation of what your god wants....NOT on the U.S. Consititution.

There is no such thing as Christian sharia law. Just stop already, it's stupid

...There most certainly is christian sharia law and you support it.....and if you don't know what it is....it is running our country thru your interpretation of what your god wants....NOT on the U.S. Consititution.
You merely protesting that such a thing exists, does not render it extant.

You cannot accuse someone of supporting a law unless you can define it and articulate that definition.

You still have not done so, your audience is still waiting, and you still have the floor.

Please proceed.
Let me say it again for you: it is running our country thru your interpretation of what your god wants....NOT on the U.S. Constitution.

There is no such thing.

Please proceed.
There most certainly is christian sharia law and you support it.....and if you don't know what it is....it is running our country thru your interpretation of what your god wants....NOT on the U.S. Constitution.

And again....it is running our country thru your interpretation of what your god wants....NOT on the U.S. Constitution. By supporting Kim Davis, you are supporting christian sharia law.

Who is a traitor? the confederates? They tried to peacefully withdraw from the union...How were they "traitors"?

Were the colonists in 1776 "traitors"?
yes. people who decide that they will rebel against their own country are traitors, not patriots.
and you need a country in order to be a patriot. so our founders were not patriots prior to the adoption of the articles of confederation.

LMAO..word games. So the colonists were traitors?..ok...fine..Knowing that tells me a lot about you..

Once again, the south didn't rebel...They tried to peacefully withdraw. The north sent troops and ships to invade and blockade the port.
Patriots always fight to repel invaders.
Again, you don't understand the meaning of the word patriot. You keep applying it to traitors. You should probably stop using it

I know what I'm talking about...you can say "nuh uh" all you want. Won't change a thing. The truth is large.
i know you believe what you say. it's just that what you believe doesn't match reality. you keep on believing it, though. keep that flame alive for traitors everywhere.

turn off the television and read some history.

There is no such thing.

Please proceed.
There most certainly is christian sharia law and you support it.....and if you don't know what it is....it is running our country thru your interpretation of what your god wants....NOT on the U.S. Constitution.

And again....it is running our country thru your interpretation of what your god wants....NOT on the U.S. Constitution. By supporting Kim Davis, you are supporting christian sharia law.

again...there is no such thing as Christian sharia law, you can keep spewing it but that does not make it a fact

She wasn't trying to impose her beliefs on anyone. She was trying to keep other religious beliefs from being imposed on her.
A-M-E-N. To me, what she did is no different than what same gender couples were up to before getting married was made legal for them. They were together as much as they could be and nobody could stop them. If they can thumb their noses at what is and isn't legal, so can the rest of us.

God bless you and that woman always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back