Kerry: Putin is going to lose

Reality:

Obama just stole most of the Ukraine out from under Putin's nose.

It's very likely that before this is over, Russia will lose it's only warm water sea port.

Along with that Russia will no longer be able to support the Assad regime in Syria.

Russia will not invade the rest of the Ukraine. If they did, NATO will strongly reinforce the eastern most NATO members and re start the cold war. Russia will also have to fight against a NATO backed guerrilla force in the western Ukraine.

If Russia keeps Crimea, they lose the political majority in the Ukraine and soon they will have NATO on their doorstep.

The best that Russia can do is to leave Crimea and hope to retain some political power in the Ukraine, but that's doubtful - once they've been faced down the pro-western Ukrainians will win the majority of elections. Maybe they can divide the Ukraine in two, but that's doubtful.

In short, Obama is kicking Putin's ass.

Truly a dream world!

But tell us, does it snow in winter on your planet, too?

I mean real snow - not the kind one snorts to have those terrific dreams!

Yes, we know all wingnuts are in a state of denial.

But chew on this:

As of now there's a pro-western government running the majority of the Ukraine.

Not even Ronald Reagan, in his wildest dreams, believed that could ever happen!

Truly a dream world!

But chew on this:

So sacrificing a few million insignificant citizens of the State of Crimea is an acceptable compromise.

Let's give Florida to Cuba, just for the heck of it.

Ethnically, most of them are Cuban anyway.

Last edited:
Truly a dream world!

But chew on this:

So sacrificing a few million insignificant citizens of the State of Crimea is an acceptable compromise.

Crimea has always been under defacto Russian control. No change there (at worst).

Just a week ago the entire Ukraine was under defacto Russian control - BIG change there.

Reality:

It's very likely that before this is over, Russia will lose it's only warm water sea port.

Along with that Russia will no longer be able to support the Assad regime in Syria.

Russia will not invade the rest of the Ukraine. If they did, NATO will strongly reinforce the eastern most NATO members and re start the cold war. Russia will also have to fight against a NATO backed guerrilla force in the western Ukraine.

If Russia keeps Crimea, they lose the political majority in the Ukraine and soon they will have NATO on their doorstep.

The best that Russia can do is to leave Crimea and hope to retain some political power in the Ukraine, but that's doubtful - once they've been faced down the pro-western Ukrainians will win the majority of elections. Maybe they can divide the Ukraine in two, but that's doubtful.

Peace in our lifetime

But chew on this:

Crimea has always been under defacto Russian control. No change there (at worst).

Just a week ago the entire Ukraine was under defacto Russian control - BIG change there.

The Crimea has been under Ukraine control for about 20 (or 70 ?) years. There is a treaty that spells out the status of the Navy facility, similar to the treaties that describe the status of US facilities in Japan.

So....do we give Florida to Cuba, or not?

Last edited:
Reality:

'shrooms. :lol:

The Crimea has been under Ukraine control for about 20 (or 70 ?) years. There is a treaty that spells out the status of the Navy facility, similar to the treaties that describe the status of US facilities in Japan.

The present situation in Crimea kind of proves that Crimea is and has always been under Russian control.

As for 'give Florida to Cuba' question. That's a really stupid question and not worth an answer.

You wingnuts all make me laugh!

If these same events occurred when a Conservative was President, you'd all be agreeing whole-heartedly with my analysis.

But because Obama is President you're all in a state of denial!

The present situation in Crimea kind of proves that Crimea is and has always been under Russian control.

As for 'give Florida to Cuba' question. That's a really stupid question and not worth an answer.

So, who ever has the ability to take something is justified in the act of taking.

Weird set of ethics and mores.

So, who ever has the ability to take something is justified in the act of taking.

Welcome to the real world:

Realpolitik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Welcome to the real world:

Realpolitik - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, if Obama gets pissed off and nukes Moscow, lands three infantry divisions in the Crimea, and declares the Ukraine the 58th State. Well...that is OK with you because he has the ability to do it.

Last edited:

If these same events occurred when a Conservative was President, you'd all be agreeing whole-heartedly with my analysis.

Bingo.

And when its proven, they'll say it never happened or that the pubs did it.

That's because most of the same cons from the BA are still in the OA and at the Pentagon. New boss is just the same as the old.

I must have missed Russia invading all those countries back when Dubya was in charge, could you give me a list?

Russia has invaded two countries since the Soviet Union broke up. Georgia in 2008 under Bush and now Ukraine under Obama's watch. Anyone who doesn't think the pair of decade long wars we have been involved in doesn't reduce our leverage on the world stage is kidding themself. Bush is just one of many people to blame for that at this point.

If you want to hand out blame to the many people responsible for the way the world currently sees us you need to start with Hillary and Rice, then mix in Kerry, Biden, and Obama.

So what was the excuse when Russia invaded Georgia? We have no interest in getting involved in another war at this point just as we had no interest in doing so 5.5 years ago.

I'd prefer we stay out of it and I'd prefer that we would have stayed out of Syria. I'll criticize Obama and team for their empty threats when they should just be keeping their mouths shut. Either way they are damned if they do and damned if they don't with Republicans though.

Forum List

Back