Kerry: Putin is going to lose

Russia has invaded two countries since the Soviet Union broke up. Georgia in 2008 under Bush and now Ukraine under Obama's watch. Anyone who doesn't think the pair of decade long wars we have been involved in doesn't reduce our leverage on the world stage is kidding themself. Bush is just one of many people to blame for that at this point.

If you want to hand out blame to the many people responsible for the way the world currently sees us you need to start with Hillary and Rice, then mix in Kerry, Biden, and Obama.

So what was the excuse when Russia invaded Georgia? We have no interest in getting involved in another war at this point just as we had no interest in doing so 5.5 years ago.

I'd prefer we stay out of it and I'd prefer that we would have stayed out of Syria. I'll criticize Obama and team for their empty threats when they should just be keeping their mouths shut. Either way they are damned if they do and damned if they don't with Republicans though.
I would suggest to you that there is a great difference indeed between Georgia and the Ukraine geopoliticaly.

Given Obama's "red line" in Syria policy, I'm guessing Putin isn't too worried about what Kerry says.
Britain & France have already jumped onboard in re: econ sanctions. Putin's mafia gov't needs credit to exist.
Crimea has always been under defacto Russian control. No change there (at worst).

Just a week ago the entire Ukraine was under defacto Russian control - BIG change there.

The Crimea has been under Ukraine control for about 20 (or 70 ?) years. There is a treaty that spells out the status of the Navy facility, similar to the treaties that describe the status of US facilities in Japan.

So....do we give Florida to Cuba, or not?

The present situation in Crimea kind of proves that Crimea is and has always been under Russian control.

As for 'give Florida to Cuba' question. That's a really stupid question and not worth an answer.

you'll have to forgive percy for his rw hyperbole but yes, after this is all over many USMB rw'ers are going to have egg on their faces :redface:

Last edited:
Russia has invaded two countries since the Soviet Union broke up. Georgia in 2008 under Bush and now Ukraine under Obama's watch. Anyone who doesn't think the pair of decade long wars we have been involved in doesn't reduce our leverage on the world stage is kidding themself. Bush is just one of many people to blame for that at this point.

If you want to hand out blame to the many people responsible for the way the world currently sees us you need to start with Hillary and Rice, then mix in Kerry, Biden, and Obama.

So what was the excuse when Russia invaded Georgia? We have no interest in getting involved in another war at this point just as we had no interest in doing so 5.5 years ago.

I'd prefer we stay out of it and I'd prefer that we would have stayed out of Syria. I'll criticize Obama and team for their empty threats when they should just be keeping their mouths shut. Either way they are damned if they do and damned if they don't with Republicans though.

Repubs are just sore that they can't blindly rush headlong into another TRILLION $$$ quagmire and then blame it on the Congress for believing the sexed-up intel that they provided them with.

Seriously, the rw'ers here take the cake when it comes to cheap partisan political point scoring. :(

Last edited:
. The only ones who hate Obama are you anti-American conservatives.

So were you the folks saying that whoever voted for Bush was "anti-American?" Listen to yourself. Whats anti American is the fact we are all so helplessly divided. Whoever is doing the dividing is anti American. People like you for instance, who hurl pejoratives, vitriol and invective at the opposing party. That incites division. Likewise with my side. Anyone foolish enough to be drawn into it is just as guilty of widening the ideological gap in America as those who put the wedge there to begin with.

Repubs are just sore that they can't blindly rush headlong into another TRILLION $$$ quagmire and then blame it on the Congress for believing the sexed-up intel that they provided them with.

Seriously, the rw'ers here take the cake when it comes to cheap partisan political point scoring. :(

Uh about that.

Obama continued the Iraq war until the end of 2011. He used the fact that he would end that war as a means to score political points with voters. A full three years later, he finally ended the war, but not after running up the debt a little bit more. Not only that, the war in Afghanistan is still raging on, 13 years later. In 2008 he used the promise of ending that war to score political points with voters. A full six years later, the war there still goes on, adding even more debt. Should Obama have cared about the debt (and you subsequently) he would have ordered an immediate withdrawal from both wars. But nope.

Seriously, folks like you take the cake when it comes to spinning the truth.

Truly a dream world!

But tell us, does it snow in winter on your planet, too?

I mean real snow - not the kind one snorts to have those terrific dreams!

Yes, we know all wingnuts are in a state of denial.

But chew on this:

As of now there's a pro-western government running the majority of the Ukraine.

Not even Ronald Reagan, in his wildest dreams, believed that could ever happen!

I guess you were sleeping for most of your history class.

Putin has already lost.

There is a pro western government in Ukraine.

How weak is Russia now?

We're either all in or all out. If we're all in then we better be ready for war.

Putin doesn't want war, nor do any Russians. Now is the perfect time for Obama to put Putin in his place. We can offer all old Soviet Bloc countries to protect them from any future Russian aggression if they allow us to place military bases within their borders. Since Putin has proven he does not care about the sovereignty of former Soviet Bloc countries, I believe many would agree to allow a US military presence within their borders. The best thing about such a move is that Putin really would have nothing to counter with other than threaten to start a war, but that would be a losing proposition for him. The door is open. The only question is whether or not Obama and the US takes advantage now that Putin has opened the door.

There is no pro western government in Ukraine. There is an EU puppet that the Ukrainian people will throw out just like they did to the last EU puppet. What happened when the Ukrainian people had an election?

We're either all in or all out. If we're all in then we better be ready for war.

Putin doesn't want war, nor do any Russians. Now is the perfect time for Obama to put Putin in his place. We can offer all old Soviet Bloc countries to protect them from any future Russian aggression if they allow us to place military bases within their borders. Since Putin has proven he does not care about the sovereignty of former Soviet Bloc countries, I believe many would agree to allow a US military presence within their borders. The best thing about such a move is that Putin really would have nothing to counter with other than threaten to start a war, but that would be a losing proposition for him. The door is open. The only question is whether or not Obama and the US takes advantage now that Putin has opened the door.

Now there's a dream for you. It's not like obama didn't already agree to not put a few missiles in east Europe or reduce our military to 1940 levels or even dismantle our attack aircraft. Since he did do all of that Putin is free to build a base in Miami if he wants and Americans will be glad for a little work.

This is one case that could back fire on us. Russia could very well declare war on the United states and once that occurs China could also attack japan, Taiwan or maybe join Russia against the united states. This is exactly how the major wars of the 20th century started.

Russia isn't Syria, Iraq, Afifuckistan or even Iran. Their air force is capable of defending the air space(dog fights) and their navy even through not capable to ours but are capable of full on sea battles.

Not to even get into the reality of their missile and bombers being capable of hitting the us. Realize Russia is the country we're relying to carry us into space.

We're either all in or we're all out. Thinking like this can't happen is a mistake.

You mean a global war can start because stupid progressives are in power? Who would have thunk it... i mean other than everyone who is familiar with the last 100 years of history.

Kerry couldn't even kick Bush's ass. And Bush didn't have an inclination to use violence towards him.

obama is going to lose. Unless the Ukrainians accept an EU imposes government obama will try to impose sanctions directly on Ukraine. That will go over big.

Why is it our problem if some crazy slavs have some old grudges to settle? It doesn't affect American national security. We should stay out of it.

Go Kerry... kick Putin's ass all the way back to Siberia.

Kerry condemns Russia's 'act of aggression' | MSNBC

Kerry declared Putin will come out of this ordeal the loser. “He’s going to lose on the international stage, Russia is going to lose, the Russian people are going to lose, and he’s going to lose all of the glow that came out of the Olympics, his $60 billion extravaganza.”

In reality the world especially Europe can't do without Russian trade and energy supplies Russia on the other hand has a little buddy called china. This whole episode, inflamed by Kerry, Mccain, Hauge & co was a big mistake and will only result in losing Crimea to Russia and Russia looking more towards the east

Forum List

Back