🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Kerry's Front Man from 2004 Stripped of Silver Star

We aren't bombing anyone in Libya, the French and Brits are, numbskull. That's why the WPA doesn't apply. Turn off the BS.

:lol::lol: Talk about a mindless dupe! Pull your head from your rectum and get some clear air in your brain there man. It will hopefully work better!

U.S. forces STILL flying hundreds of bombing raids over Libya as Obama says America is only playing a limited role

Last updated at 6:29 AM on 2nd July 2011

Comments (5) Add to My Stories Share
U.S. forces are still flying hundreds of bombing raids over Libya even though the Obama administration claims that American armed forces are only playing a limited role in the conflict.
Since NATO’s Operation Unified Protector took over from the American-led Operation Odyssey Dawn on 31 March, the U.S. has flown hundreds of strike missions, according to United States Africa Command (AFRICOM).
The White House originally claimed that U.S. planes were mostly providing intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance and played down the number of bombing raids.
However AFRICOM spokeswoman Nicole Dalrymple said: 'U.S. aircraft continue to fly support missions, as well as strike sorties under NATO tasking.
Political battle: The Libya conflict has been called unconstitutional as the U.S. continues to complete hundreds of strike missions
'Since 31 March, the U.S. has flown a total of 3,475 sorties...Of those, 801 were strike sorties, 132 of which actually dropped ordnance.'
A White House report on the Libya conflict sent to Congress on 15 June says that 'American strikes are limited to the suppression of enemy air defense and occasional strikes by unmanned Predator UAVs against a specific set of targets.'
The report also said the U.S. provides an 'alert strike package.'
The U.S. has mainly been deploying the Air Force’s F-16CJ and Navy’s EA-18G Growler electronic attack aircrafts in Libya, according to Ms Dalrymple.

More...‘I see the worry creasing his face’: Michelle Obama reveals the toll of presidential office on her husband

Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. David Deptula told the Air Force Times that it was not surprising that the U.S. is conducting strike missions.

He said: 'It’s no surprise to me that we’ve been participating, because we’re a member of NATO.'
The news comes as a debate rages in Washington over the 1973 War Powers Resolution, which calls for the president to ask Congress for permission to deploy American forces into combat for a period longer than 60 days.
Under fire: The Obama administration has been criticised for the use of U.S. forces in Libya
Retired Air Force Maj. Gen. Charles Dunlap, now associate director of the Center on Law, Ethics and National Security said: 'It’s not necessarily a violation of the War Powers Resolution.
'It does raise questions about the scope and intensity of our participation versus how it’s been represented.'
However Robert Turner, co-founder of the Center for National Security Law at the University of Virginia said: 'Legally, this is his discretion, but he is in clear violation of the statute.
'The reason he’s not bound by that is because the statute is clearly unconstitutional.'
The Obama administration has said that the War Powers Resolution does not apply to the Libya operation because the U.S. role is limited.

Read more: Air Force and Navy flying thousands of missions over Libya as Obama says U.S. is only playing a limited role | Mail Online

Westwall is using a UK media rag of no journalistic worth.

Westy, post something valid, please.

Why would my wife's uncle lie about this? You just choose to accept what you believe, this is known as ignorance.

And who says you have a wife or an uncle..?? Your 'proof' or evidence is nothing more than hearsay at BEST... and more probably complete fabrication

You cannot refute what I say, so you call it fabrication. Weak, very weak, but what should we expect? i was posting something from a conversation that I had with a retired navy man, if you do not believe it. I do not care.

No, you can't support what you say. Imagine you're selling a candlestick. You claim Napoleon owned it. Now you have to prove it. Got it? I didn't think so.

Why would my wife's uncle lie about this? You just choose to accept what you believe, this is known as ignorance.

And who says you have a wife or an uncle..?? Your 'proof' or evidence is nothing more than hearsay at BEST... and more probably complete fabrication

You cannot refute what I say, so you call it fabrication. Weak, very weak, but what should we expect? i was posting something from a conversation that I had with a retired navy man, if you do not believe it. I do not care.

You cannot prove what you say... and since you tried to use it as evidence, the burden of proof is on you...

What next?? You neighbor was the C.O. and your 3rd cousin's second wife was the nurse that treated his wounds??

Stars and Stripes good enough for ya!

Air Force, Navy aircraft still flying Libya missions, AFRICOM says

Published: July 1, 2011

Libyan rebels fire their weapons toward pro-Moammar Gadhafi forces on the front line of Dafniya in Misrata, Libya, on June 21. Despite Obama administration claims that the U.S. has a limited role in NATO's Libya operations, U.S. aircraft have been flying hundreds of strike missions over the war-torn country.

Abdel-Kader Fassouk/AP

Despite the Obama administration's claim that U.S. forces have a limited supporting role in NATO's operation against Libya, U.S. Air Force and Navy aircraft are flying hundreds of strike missions over the war-torn country, according to a report in Army Times.

Since March, when NATO took over from the American-led operation called Odyssey Dawn, the U.S. military has flown hundreds of strike sorties, an Africa Command spokeswoman confirmed. Washington had claimed the U.S. was providing mostly intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance and tanker support to NATO forces, the Army Times story said.

“ ... Since 31 March, the U.S. has flown a total of 3,475 sorties in support of OUP [Operation Unified Protector]. Of those, 801 were strike sorties, 132 of which actually dropped ordnance,” AFRICOM spokeswoman Nicole Dalrymple was quoted by Army Times as saying in an emailed statement.

A White House report on Libya sent to Congress in June said “American strikes are limited to the suppression of enemy air defense and occasional strikes by unmanned Predator UAVs against a specific set of targets,” according to the Army Times article.

The Air Force’s F-16CJ and Navy’s EA-18G Growler electronic attack aircraft have been the primary aircraft that have been suppressing enemy air defenses, the AFRICOM spokeswoman said. However, those F-16s are not solely drawn from units based in Spangdahlem, Germany, or Aviano, Italy, according to the Army Times. The service has reportedly deployed U.S.-based units to Europe to conduct the operations.

But those may not be the only strike aircraft flying over Libya, the Army Times article says.

Air Force, Navy aircraft still flying Libya missions, AFRICOM says - Stripes - Independent U.S. military news from Iraq, Afghanistan and bases worldwide

http://www.defencetalk.com/us-fuel-stops-gripen-libya-mission-33336/

Last edited:

You cannot prove what you say... and since you tried to use it as evidence, the burden of proof is on you...

What next?? You neighbor was the C.O. and your 3rd cousin's second wife was the nurse that treated his wounds??

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

He's probably going to complain about us not believing him to his supermodel girlfriend in Canada

No, you can't support what you say. Imagine you're selling a candlestick. You claim Napoleon owned it. Now you have to prove it. Got it? I didn't think so.

I am not trying to sell anything, just repeating what a navel officer who was in the know told me. i could give a shit whether you believe me or not, you can remain ignorant forever. I do not have to prove anything

Stars and Stripes good enough for ya! Air Force, Navy aircraft still flying Libya missions, AFRICOM says Published: July 1, 2011 Libyan rebels fire their weapons toward pro-Moammar Gadhafi forces on the front line of Dafniya in Misrata, Libya, on June 21. Despite Obama administration claims that the U.S. has a limited role in NATO's Libya operations, U.S. aircraft have been flying hundreds of strike missions over the war-torn country.

Abdel-Kader Fassouk/AP Despite the Obama administration's claim that U.S. forces have a limited supporting role in NATO's operation against Libya, U.S. Air Force and Navy aircraft are flying hundreds of strike missions over the war-torn country, according to a report in Army Times.

Since March, when NATO took over from the American-led operation called Odyssey Dawn, the U.S. military has flown hundreds of strike sorties, an Africa Command spokeswoman confirmed. Washington had claimed the U.S. was providing mostly intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance and tanker support to NATO forces, the Army Times story said.

“ ... Since 31 March, the U.S. has flown a total of 3,475 sorties in support of OUP [Operation Unified Protector]. Of those, 801 were strike sorties, 132 of which actually dropped ordnance,” AFRICOM spokeswoman Nicole Dalrymple was quoted by Army Times as saying in an emailed statement.

A White House report on Libya sent to Congress in June said “American strikes are limited to the suppression of enemy air defense and occasional strikes by unmanned Predator UAVs against a specific set of targets,” according to the Army Times article.

The Air Force’s F-16CJ and Navy’s EA-18G Growler electronic attack aircraft have been the primary aircraft that have been suppressing enemy air defenses, the AFRICOM spokeswoman said. However, those F-16s are not solely drawn from units based in Spangdahlem, Germany, or Aviano, Italy, according to the Army Times. The service has reportedly deployed U.S.-based units to Europe to conduct the operations.

But those may not be the only strike aircraft flying over Libya, the Army Times article says.

Air Force, Navy aircraft still flying Libya missions, AFRICOM says - Stripes - Independent U.S. military news from Iraq, Afghanistan and bases worldwide

US Fuel Stops Gripen Libya Mission | Air Force News at DefenseTalk

In other words, the valid sources do not say that the USAF are flying strike missions, such as you suggest.

You fucking liar.

I tried to use nothing as evidence, was just repeating what I was told by a navel officer who knew the story. And, I have nothing that I have to prove to you or the phony jet pilot.

Stars and Stripes good enough for ya! Air Force, Navy aircraft still flying Libya missions, AFRICOM says Published: July 1, 2011 Libyan rebels fire their weapons toward pro-Moammar Gadhafi forces on the front line of Dafniya in Misrata, Libya, on June 21. Despite Obama administration claims that the U.S. has a limited role in NATO's Libya operations, U.S. aircraft have been flying hundreds of strike missions over the war-torn country.

Abdel-Kader Fassouk/AP Despite the Obama administration's claim that U.S. forces have a limited supporting role in NATO's operation against Libya, U.S. Air Force and Navy aircraft are flying hundreds of strike missions over the war-torn country, according to a report in Army Times.

In other words, the valid sources do not say that the USAF are flying strike missions, such as you suggest.

You fucking liar.

YOU, calling someone else on here a liar, jokey???

The US has flown many strike missions.. this is indeed documented fact.. give it up

I tried to use nothing as evidence, was just repeating what I was told by a navel officer who knew the story. And, I have nothing that I have to prove to you or the phony jet pilot.

Yes.. you did attempt to use it as evidence supporting your stance/claim.... hence, you have burden of proof...

You don't usually accept "I know a guy" stories as proof... unless you provide more than a story... much like the "my girlfriend in another country" stories of lonely high school students

Stupid war. The worst was Tricky Dick's "Secret Plan" (to get elected). Hubert would've saved 20k+ lives and not ruined our respect for government. ANOTHER Pub disaster...got a million of em...

A Democrat started the US combat involvement in Vietnam, and another Democrat escalated it. Nixon got us out.

Learn some history. REAL history, not your leftist nonsense.

While you are teaching us history....can you tell us how many Republican Congressmen opposed our getting into VietNam? How many Republicans or Conservatives were protesting the war?

Why are you so uncomfortable acknowledging Democrats' involvement in the Vietnam War?

Oh, yeah -- it blows the leftist meme that Democrats oppose war out of the water.

What does that have to do with the Swiftboating of John Kerry by a President and Vice President who never sniffed Viet Nam?

Kerry "gamed" Viet Nam. He could be seen in many photos with his arms wrapped around enlisted men, he an officer. It's called "fraternization" and there's a good reason that it is forbidden. Kerry and his purported record, is a good example of why.

You have no idea of what you are writing. Look up fraternization, and that is not what Kerry was doing. However, you are talking crap prejudicial to the good order and discipline of the service, even if you have only ever been a civilian. If you were military, then your act here is despicable.
Are you going to condemn the leftists who say Bush deserted?

You fucking liar.

I guess you don't know how to read. Public school edumucation huh? I highlighted the relevent section for the comprehension impaired. As you can see 801 of the sorties were STRIKE missions of which 132 dropped weapons.

Now what was that silly person? I expect an apology for your boorish behavior, I of course won't get one because you are a tactless, mannerless, ignoramous, but I'm still expexcting one!:lol::lol::lol:

Geesh, where do you clowns get your education? You quoted an unnamed source telling a story from long ago with no verification and used that as your evidence to refute what has been said about Kerry. Do you get it now?

No, I didn't think so. Go to school. You don't even realise what you are saying. My 5 year old understands the English language better then you.

tinydancer is posting material from March, the WPA does not apply, the Fr and Br are carrying the load, and all the Far Extremist Righty Fascists can do is whine.

EDIT TO ADD: I'm not whining. I'm mocking fools on the left who are hypocrites over Libya. Hey when a Democrat President decides to smoke innocent civilians it's cool with the left.

Some days I just adore posting on boards....:eusa_angel:

Are you ready for a smackdown? Because here it comes....

The billion dollar war? Libyan campaign breaks Pentagon estimates costing U.S. taxpayers $2 million a day

The cost of the U.S. campaign in Libya is set to exceed the $750 million Pentagon estimate set out in March, according to a leaked Department of Defence Memo.

The 'eyes-only' DoD dossier said the U.S. had already spent $664 million in Libya by mid-May - a running cost of $60 million a month since the bombing began in March.

At the current rate of spending, the U.S. will have to shell out at least an extra $274 million till the end of the current 90 day no fly zone extension period - brining total expenditure to a minimum of $938 million.

That's from *cough* June 9/2011

Here's a link. Obama is paying for a war in Libya. Truth hurts doesn't it? And you have been bombing.

:lol:

Libya war costs US taxpayers $2m a day and still no Gaddafi | Mail Online

Last edited:

Forum List

Back