Kitty rescue stories....

Little Nina was 5 weeks old when they found her on the side of the road. It’s amazing what a little food, warmth and love can accomplish.

“We found her on the side of the road in Cleveland Ohio, covered in mud and getting splashed by cars. I picked her up with intentions of nursing her back to health. The vet was kind enough to give me a free exam, which was enough to tell me that she has a severe upper respiratory infection and extreme malnutrition. Her eyes were glued shut with yellow gunk when I found her. And the vet told me that she thought she was about 5 weeks old, but was the size of a 3 week old kitten,” said Nina’s rescue mom. (Instagram)

They managed to raise enough fund to pay for Little Nina’s medical bills. Today, Nina’s grown into a beautiful kitty cat. It’s amazing how far she’s come!

They found little Nina on the side of the road. She was 5 weeks old, but was the size of a 3 week old kitten.

Less than 16 hours in her new home. It’s amazing what a little food, warmth and love can accomplish.

Taking a nap with her new mom.

Getting all the motherly love she needs.

“I love these dishes! They have a place for me to sit while I eat!”

Nina found a place to snuggle with her mom while she is working in her studio.

When she found out how wonderful sun spots can be…

Her mom made her a cardboard house to play in. She loved it!

Nina is smiling in her sleep.

Look at that face! It’s amazing how far she’s come.

Nina’s first Christmas. It will be many to come!

My bunny has that same dish. I put his food on one side and a snack on the other.

Meet Bilbo Fluffins. He was just 3 weeks old when a kind man rescued him from under his house.

“I found him under my house after he had been crying for about 20 minutes and there were no other cats living down there,” he said (reddit). “Now he’s the best kitten I could ask for.” (reddit)

Bilbo Fluffins cuddling with the human who saved him from under a house.

At 6 months old, Bilbo is getting bigger and stronger!

“You don’t need computers. You need me!”

His favorite nighttime spot.

“I found my cat, Bilbo Fluffins, under my house… when he was only a few weeks old. Now he’s the best kitten I could ask for.”

1PbkUZ1.jpg

Bilbo Fluffins all grown up, cuddling with their new kitten who looks just like him.

qzZojN4.jpg

Meet Bilbo Fluffins. He was just 3 weeks old when a kind man rescued him from under his house.

“I found him under my house after he had been crying for about 20 minutes and there were no other cats living down there,” he said (reddit). “Now he’s the best kitten I could ask for.” (reddit)

“I found my cat, Bilbo Fluffins, under my house… when he was only a few weeks old. Now he’s the best kitten I could ask for.”

1PbkUZ1.jpg

Bilbo Fluffins all grown up, cuddling with their new kitten who looks just like him.

qzZojN4.jpg

Love the name! :lol:

1PbkUZ1.jpg

qzZojN4.jpg

Love the name! :lol:
I love these stories, Vigilante! Thanks for cheering my day every time you post a new, wonderful "tail" about another kitty who is rescued, survives, and thrives.

Meet Ham, a tiny stray found without a mom. They nursed him back to health and found him a forever home.

Ham’s rescuer wrote: “I live in North Philadelphia, so there’s bound to be stray cat everywhere. I was on my way to a friend’s house when I heard him from a staircase, he was too small to get down the steps on his own, my guess is that his mom brought him up there and hadn’t gotten back.

I brought him inside but we had to wrap him up in towels because he was an absolute flea bag, his belly was covered in dried blood from the flea bites, it was really so sad.

But we were able to give him baths, and bottle feed him until he was old enough to be weened off of the milk and live with someone else.

But he’s big and warm and happy in a home in delaware now, so I guess everything worked out the way it was supposed to.” (reddit)

When they met Ham, he was the size of a can.

They nursed him back to health and gave him a lot of love and TLC.

They gave him baths to remove the fleas and fed him around the clock.

Soon he perked up and became an energetic little furball.

“But you have me.”

His favorite spot for naps.

He even made a furiend at his foster home.

Ham, on his way to his forever home.

“He’s big and warm and happy in a home in Delaware now.”

Little Milkshake was found an orphan. When she came to her new home, Sia, who is also a rescue cat, took her in as her own.

Ashley B. wrote: “I adopted Sia from an animal shelter in my hometown almost three years ago, and baby Milkshake was sadly abandoned by her mother. Sia and Milkshake have the most loving relationship I have ever seen, along with my third cat Mokah (who is also adopted) They provide for me a great loving fur family, and I am always happy to come home knowing they are waiting at the door.”

Milkshake was found an orphan kitten. When she came to her new home, Sia another rescue cat became her new mom.

They are always cuddling.

This is Milkshake when she was still a tiny kitten.

All grown up now! One big family!

1PbkUZ1.jpg

qzZojN4.jpg

That's one seriously cute cat with a great name :)

Little Milkshake was found an orphan. When she came to her new home, Sia, who is also a rescue cat, took her in as her own.

Ashley B. wrote: “I adopted Sia from an animal shelter in my hometown almost three years ago, and baby Milkshake was sadly abandoned by her mother. Sia and Milkshake have the most loving relationship I have ever seen, along with my third cat Mokah (who is also adopted) They provide for me a great loving fur family, and I am always happy to come home knowing they are waiting at the door.”

Milkshake was found an orphan kitten. When she came to her new home, Sia another rescue cat became her new mom.

They are always cuddling.

This is Milkshake when she was still a tiny kitten.

All grown up now! One big family!

Given who cats are so often depicted as solitary and unsociable, it is amazing how well they take to an new addition to their furfam.
My most recent adoptee has finally come out of hiding and is beginning to interact with the rest of her furfam very nicely. Sierra is super affectionate and a real lover, I am happy she's integrating with my extended adoptive family.

A scruffy stray kitten was meowing for help in a parking lot. Kaitlin S. saw the little sickly kitten and just couldn’t leave him there. She wasn’t a cat person, but something about the kitten just touched her heart and things quickly changed…

Kaitlin S. wrote via imgur: “One afternoon, I was pulling into the parking space of an apartment complex when I saw a tiny, fluffy grey thing chasing after this lady and her little boy. They were walking quickly, the woman pulling her son along.

What I had first assumed was a tiny, tiny puppy on a leash, I soon realized was a frail, mangy kitten, meowing after them as it ran to keep up. I asked the lady if it was her cat, and when I spoke, this little creature turned around to face me. It looked like it was missing an eye. Greenish discharge all around its nose and mouth had matted its fur, sealing one of its eyes shut.

The lady told me that it was just a stray (something I had figured out by this point)… So I decided to step in and try to help him.

Initially, I was thinking I should call Animal Control or something, but I decided to give him a bath and something to eat instead.

This was after his first bath. Dawn soap is gentle enough for kittens and it kills fleas. It took like three baths to get the fleas off of this guy, though.

I set up a little water dish and litter box, and found some canned cat food to give him. He ate ravenously then fell asleep for the rest of that afternoon/evening.

I knew I wouldn’t be able to keep him, so I’d planned on taking him to the shelter the next day. (That’s the responsible thing to do, right?)

Wrong! As it turned out, the shelters in the Raleigh area, where I found him, were all at maximum capacity. This, in combination with his sickly state, would mean that he’d be put down immediately after turning him over to the Humane Society.

I wasn’t a cat person really, but the thought of this innocent, helpless little fur ball being put down killed me a little.

So I took him home that night and figured I could find him an adopter myself (who wouldn’t want this little bundle of joy??). If I could help him get well, he’d be a perfect kitten to adopt.

The next day I took him to the vet. She gave us some antibiotics to help clear up the upper respiratory infection he had (that is what was causing the crusty eyes). I could feel myself becoming a little attached, already throwing around name ideas (I had to call him something during our time together, right?).

So it was decided. I’d found him that Tuesday and by Friday I was super in love with this little guy. My mom helped me pay for some more vet care and even bought Wolfgang some toys (that’s his name because he loves music and I really just wanted to call him Wolfie, due to his wolf-like appearance).

Wolfgang has become a wonderful companion. Even as I write this, he is curled up on my stomach, listening to music with me.

If there was one ‘moral’ to this story, it’d probably be spay and neuter your pets because it’s not fair to bring baby animals into this world that will be hungry and homeless.

I tried to get this little guy a good home, but it proved more challenging than anticipated. I eventually became really attached and felt like I could be a pretty good cat parent, so meet my son, Baby Wolfgang!”

Lars saw Little Cat when he was wandering on the street by himself. He couldn’t leave the little one alone, so decided to ask around and see if he belonged to anybody. No one claimed the little kitten. Lars thought he would take him home with him.

“It was around the end of May. He was all alone and I had to do something about it.”

Little Cat was a bit untrusting at first. He took refuge right away when he arrived in his new home and did not want to come out. Lars patiently waited and prepared food and water and a litter box so he could come out whenever he felt comfortable to do so. Lars stayed by his side, trying everything he could to earn his trust.

“It took him about 2 days to finally let his guard down and accept my roommate and me to be his friends. Right now he absolutely loves sitting on our lap.”

“I talked to Little Cat the other day that I would take care of him and I will be there for him and he will never be alone again.”

4986791375_1d4b77e0f9_z.jpg

"Ahh there is a bug over there! Alert!"

4987393028_33d054f573.jpg

"Oh Hello!

4986791233_68f0ef61ed.jpg

Little Cat taking a nap on a hammock :)

4986790975_13ea0ba0b0_z.jpg

"Me dreaming of birdies and noms..."

4986791323_68b4c0f140.jpg

"Excuse me, I am trying to sleep here."

4987392730_891cf4f7b3_z.jpg

"I want NOMS!"

4987392830_7796118e89.jpg

"This is my spot!"

4987392956_0c43714627_z.jpg

"More lap time plz!"

4987393118_f247b18f27.jpg

"I will be your parrot, dad!"

A cat survived the unthinkable and is doing well after he was found frozen on the side of the road covered in snow and ice. R.J. Poulter was on Route 13 in Old Chatham, New York, when he noticed the cat.

Poulter wasn’t sure if the cat was still alive until he noticed some breathing from the cat. He then called Summer Brenna of Little Brook Farm for help. “Once we got him home we sat in front of the fire and we had towels and were massaging him and trying to warm him up,” said Brenna via news10.

They named the little guy Rudy Valentino and he is about 9 months to a year old and is in good health. They took him to see the vet today and the kitty was rolling around on the table at the vet’s office, having a great time. (Facebook)

Meet Valentino the cat, a little survivor, found frozen on the side of the road covered in snow and ice.

A kind person rescued him from the frozen ground and a rescue group worked around the clock to warm him up.

A cat survived the unthinkable and is doing well after he was found frozen on the side of the road covered in snow and ice. R.J. Poulter was on Route 13 in Old Chatham, New York, when he noticed the cat.

Poulter wasn’t sure if the cat was still alive until he noticed some breathing from the cat. He then called Summer Brenna of Little Brook Farm for help. “Once we got him home we sat in front of the fire and we had towels and were massaging him and trying to warm him up,” said Brenna via news10.

They named the little guy Rudy Valentino and he is about 9 months to a year old and is in good health. They took him to see the vet today and the kitty was rolling around on the table at the vet’s office, having a great time. (Facebook)

Meet Valentino the cat, a little survivor, found frozen on the side of the road covered in snow and ice.

A kind person rescued him from the frozen ground and a rescue group worked around the clock to warm him up.

What a gorgeous kitty! I love the long-haired kitties.

This little kitten came to her foster home one day and she never left. Meet Frida!

My former foster kitten is now my Frida, stealer of hearts,” said Frida’s human wrote. “She likes to close her eyes and put her paws on your face when you hug her.” (reddit)

Meet Frida. She is a little heart stealer.

Frida the love bug holding paws with her best bud.

“Here’s a rose for you!”

“I will be your purrfect valentine!”

That cat looks like my Elijah. Super fluffy and beautiful eyes. I rescued Elijah over a year ago in the middle of a road with traffic running both ways. Weighed a 1/2 pound at the time. What a cat! Magnificent specimen.

Our most recent addition to the family was sleeping under leaves to keep warm in the freezing weather. I do not have a photo to share yet. She has already been to the vet and been fixed. Although she didn't want to stay in the house at first - she has adjusted now and is doing great. She acts like she has lived here forever. The other kind of most recent addition was a fish! He was in a filthy container in a dark shelf shoved behind the clean container fishes at Walmart- a Beta fish - he looked like he would not last much longer. (I'll never shop there again - God willing)

So I bought him and then had to buy everything he would need - although for now he is in a large fish bowl that is about a two gallon size. I'm buying a large octagon aquarium today from a pet store with lights and plants and some little ornaments he can hide in if he feels like it. He will be the only fish and so the tank should stay very clean and comfortable for him. (I named him Baruch which in Hebrew means, "Blessed" )

Last edited:

That cat looks like my Elijah. Super fluffy and beautiful eyes. I rescued Elijah over a year ago in the middle of a road with traffic running both ways. Weighed a 1/2 pound at the time. What a cat! Magnificent specimen.

Our most recent addition to the family was sleeping under leaves to keep warm in the freezing weather. I do not have a photo to share yet. She has already been to the vet and been fixed. Although she didn't want to stay in the house at first - she has adjusted now and is doing great. She acts like she has lived here forever. The other kind of most recent addition was a fish! He was in a filthy container in a dark shelf shoved behind the clean container fishes at Walmart- a Beta fish - he looked like he would not last much longer. (I'll never shop there again - God willing)

So I bought him and then had to buy everything he would need - although for now he is in a large fish bowl that is about a two gallon size. I'm buying a large octagon aquarium today from a pet store with lights and plants and some little ornaments he can hide in if he feels like it. He will be the only fish and so the tank should stay very clean and comfortable for him. (I named him Baruch which in Hebrew means, "Blessed" )
Betas are solo fish, anyway. My daughter used to raise Betas and each had to have their own container. They originate in small, murky puddles, but their puddles are not filthy like what you describe. If you want to raise your fish's blood pressure, place a mirror where he can see his reflection. Nice name, by-the-way!

PhotoStory27420_web.jpeg

June 13, a Friday, on my way to a meeting, a light grey ball of fur dropped out from under the vehicle in front of me while sitting at a light. It scurried across stopping in the middle of the road. Another car had stopped and we tried to catch the ball of fur but it kept getting away. It ended up under my car, in the wheel well of the front tire. The cop made me move out of the road. I prayed the kitten wouldn't jump down as I pulled into the closest parking lot. She was still there. A nice young man helped get her from out of the wheel well and I was hooked. He even took her picture as an excuse for being late to work. I dropped her off with a friend on the way to my meeting. In trying to put her in a box until I could come back, she jumped out and ran around the building like a greased pig. We looked like Laurel and Hardy chasing her. That’s how she ended up with her name. She was so fast; I decided to name her Speedy. Took her to the vet who figured her age was 8 – 10 weeks old. She was treated for an eye infection, worms and fleas. After 2 weeks in quarantine while waiting lab work, she was finally able to meet her fur brothers and sisters without seeing the cage. She became the youngest of six. Two have crossed over the rainbow bridge since her arrival. Maybe it was meant to be that she just happened to drop out in front of me. Speedy has been a welcomed addition to the family.

Margaret
Columbia, SC

This man fell in love with a shelter cat, Soren the tiger, and he tells the story in pictures.

“My girlfriend was just visiting the humane society when she saw him. She told me I HAD to see this kitten. So of course, I went,” Erik wrote via imgur. “We played with him for close to two hours, then he got a little sleepy.” That’s when he knew he couldn’t let the kitty go.

“The next day, I bought him home.”

They found little Soren at the shelter

After two hours of playtime, Soren got a little sleepy and fell asleep in his arms. That’s when he knew he couldn’t let the little guy go.

So the next day, they bought him home.

They bonded.

Soren quickly made himself at home.

“This is mine now!”

He’s always there to give his dad a helping paw.

Soren loves the blanket! “This was the blanket we gave him when we brought him home…”

All grown up now! Soren’s dad wrote: “He’s always by my side, like a good friend should be.”

Forum List

Back