🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Laura Ingraham, David Hogg and the beginning of the end of free speech.

It is called accountability for your own actions

Laura Ingraham learned a valuable lesson

Yes hopefully she has learned that the MSM is going to cover this saint with kid gloves who is above ridicule, and that any legitimate criticism of him is off limits.
Was mocking his rejection from colleges legitimate criticism

I don't think it was appropriate or smart, but his response is much more vicious and extreme.

His response was perfect. If you're going for personal insults then fine, call the advertisers. You'll notice (or not) that Hogg hasn't attacked anyone who tries to debate him on substance.
Actually he's been attacking anyone who pisses him off.
Arbys didn't drop their ads,....to he attacked them.

Oh? What personal attacks has Hogg said to Arby's?

Laura Ingraham, the Fox News host of the Ingraham Angle was riding high as she presided over the fourth most watched cable news show in America. She used her freedom of speech to scrawl an emotional screed critical of David Hogg, a high school student who has become the face of the anti-gun movement. Ingraham, well educated, articulate woman, went from the penthouse to the outhouse overnight because she turned to the bathroom stall wall we call Facebook and attacked Hogg with a cheap, signed smear.

Hogg promptly identified her show’s sponsors and called for boycotts which quickly materialized leading Ingraham to take a “planned vacation” which is code for she’s likely gone. Ingraham should have known better.

Whenever or wherever opinions are expressed there is bound to be disagreement because people have different life experiences. This causes most people to reserve personal opinions especially in public settings. In the United States we have the first amendment which essentially means that we can say or write anything so long as what we say or write does not slander or bring harm to others or infringe on the rights of others to express different or unpopular opinions.

The First Amendment is a golden rule of American democracy that sets it apart from most other great civilizations not just in space but in time. When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 the event was hailed as a decisive victory for democracies embracing freedom of speech and the table appeared to be set for a golden age of world democracy.

But freedom of speech has a built in flaw: it raises the specter that the people could use it to call for getting rid of it. Just the fact that people are endowed with freedom of speech does not guarantee that they understand its significance or will use it responsibly. When it becomes a means to an end people will find creative ways to abuse it.

Both Laura Ingraham and David Hogg are guilty of abusing freedom of speech. Ingraham went after Hogg with the power of Fox News via Facebook and Hogg went after Ingraham’s livelihood probably on the advice of his political handlers.

Does this balance out? Not really. It’s wrong to crush opposing points of view with power and it’s just as wrong to go after a person’s income because you don’t agree with them.

If we lose freedom of speech here we’ll deserve it.

CONGRESS SHALL MAKE NO LAWS ... hopefully the reader will understand this singular act has no impact on the First Amendment.

As a troll, the author of the OP should be concerned, The Society of Trolls expels people whose efforts to do their business, i.e. troll, and fails miserably can be sanctioned, and even lose their privileges to troll.

Pre planned vacation. March break you know. I guarantee when she hits again her numbers are going thru the roof. AND DAVID will still be rejected from universities who he applied to.
Pre planned vacation. March break you know. I guarantee when she hits again her numbers are going thru the roof. AND DAVID will still be rejected from universities who he applied to.

View attachment 185726

You're reduced to drawing Hitler 'staches on teenagers? God damn, what a pathetic way to lose an argument.

And how many millions of times has your side attacked anything you disagree with by using Hitler comparisons ?
Not an hour goes by on this board alone where we are not attacked with Hitler cartoons, memes, comparisons, etc.

How many times have I attacked a teenager who had to live through an active shooter situation and painted a Hitler mustache on them? Never, what is wrong with you?

He is the one who has turned himself into a celebrity and a public partisan, and is the one who is riding a huge wave of notoriety due to this tragedy.

You know, I'm kinda wondering why she thought it necessary to bring Holy Week into the apology.

She insulted him during Holy Week as well, was that insult also in the spirit of Holy Week?

And no, this isn't the end of free speech. Ingram said something stupid, Hogg asked for a boycott of her advertisers, and the advertisers had the choice to stick with her or leave. They voted with their feet and chose to leave.

Interestingly enough, walking away from Ingram is free speech as well. They are saying they won't support her because of her stupid comments.

No, I don't see any threat to free speech here. People are free to say something stupid about others, and the other people who the comment was made about are free to respond with commentary of their own.

Nothing illegal has happened, and nobody really got hurt.

But, Ingram IS being held accountable for her remarks that she made in the first place. That's another aspect of free speech, holding the person who said something accountable for what they said.

Your actions and words have consequences....I guess Ms. Ingraham has learned that lesson now.
Why do conservatives suck at apologizing?

Ingrahams...... in the spirit of holy week

Not that she is wrong but is only apologizing because it is Easter week

What a bitch

Well, when you're a good little Christian conservative, you have to dress it up with religion so that it will be taken seriously.

But, my question is, was it also in the spirit of Holy Week when she made her snarky comments? Because those were made during Holy Week too.

I don't think it was appropriate or smart, but his response is much more vicious and extreme.

His response was perfect. If you're going for personal insults then fine, call the advertisers. You'll notice (or not) that Hogg hasn't attacked anyone who tries to debate him on substance.

The thing is, while she is one person with her opinion, he's using his multitude of lemmings to destroy her. If it was just him calling or writing the advertisers that would be one thing.

Sorry, Ingraham is merely facing her own words. Hogg wants the debate on gun control, if you attack him or other survivors personally then he goes after your advertisers, he don't got time for Ingraham's bullshit.

Conservatives have done the same thing in the past, why didn't you speak up then? Liar.

How old are you by the way ?

Are you blind?

What does my age have to do with you being upset when a gun control advocate notifies advertisers of what a tv personality said but not when conservatives boycott Disney because they are gay or whatever you idiots boycotted them for?

You really seem to look up to this kid and Emma. Figured they must be closer to your age.

You're reduced to drawing Hitler 'staches on teenagers? God damn, what a pathetic way to lose an argument.

And how many millions of times has your side attacked anything you disagree with by using Hitler comparisons ?
Not an hour goes by on this board alone where we are not attacked with Hitler cartoons, memes, comparisons, etc.

How many times have I attacked a teenager who had to live through an active shooter situation and painted a Hitler mustache on them? Never, what is wrong with you?

He is the one who has turned himself into a celebrity and a public partisan, and is the one who is riding a huge wave of notoriety due to this tragedy.
Turned himself into a celebrity?

So, you think it's appropriate to respond with Hitler stache's? You think Hogg is a Nazi or something? Damn, you've always and I mean ALWAYS have been dumb as fuck.

The thing is, while she is one person with her opinion, he's using his multitude of lemmings to destroy her. If it was just him calling or writing the advertisers that would be one thing.

Sorry, Ingraham is merely facing her own words. Hogg wants the debate on gun control, if you attack him or other survivors personally then he goes after your advertisers, he don't got time for Ingraham's bullshit.

Conservatives have done the same thing in the past, why didn't you speak up then? Liar.

Are you blind?

What does my age have to do with you being upset when a gun control advocate notifies advertisers of what a tv personality said but not when conservatives boycott Disney because they are gay or whatever you idiots boycotted them for?

You really seem to look up to this kid and Emma. Figured they must be closer to your age.
Smart kids

American patriots

How exactly does one go about "turning themselves into a celebrity"? I thought you only got famous if what you were saying or doing resounded with people and they decided to follow you. I didn't know a person could manufacture it themselves.

Yes hopefully she has learned that the MSM is going to cover this saint with kid gloves who is above ridicule, and that any legitimate criticism of him is off limits.

He posted the names and private emails of Arbys executives.

1shwbpg-0.jpg

Are you blind?

You're fishing to insult people by using their age against them, you're transparent and obvious, as you've always been.

What a punk.

Parkland survivor David Hogg urges Arby’s boycott over Fox News ties

David Hogg, a Parkland shooting survivor and gun-regulation activist, is calling for a boycott of Arby’s until the chain stops advertising on Laura Ingraham’s Fox News show.
Ingraham mocked Hogg on Twitter for not getting into the colleges he applied to.
Companies including Wayfair, TripAdvisor, Nutrish, and Nestlé have announced they will pull ads from Ingraham’s show after Hogg launched a boycott campaign.

Arby’s is getting dragged into the boycott battle playing out after Fox News host Laura Ingraham mocked a Parkland shooting survivor on Twitter.

On Wednesday, David Hogg called for advertisers to pull their commercials from Ingraham’s Fox News show after the host mocked him on Twitter for not getting into colleges he applied to. Since Wednesday, companies including Wayfair, TripAdvisor, Nutrish, and Nestlé have announced they will pull ads.

On Thursday evening, Hogg took to Twitter to target another apparent Ingraham advertiser: sandwich chain Arby’s.

"Shame on the adult scammers manipulating ignorant children for their counterproductive dangerous politics" - Wacky Ted Nugent

How exactly does one go about "turning themselves into a celebrity"? I thought you only got famous if what you were saying or doing resounded with people and they decided to follow you. I didn't know a person could manufacture it themselves.

You need help, such as this tragedy that this know it all kid has used to launch himself.

1shwbpg-0.jpg

Did he say if you like Arby's you have the blood of dead children on your hands?

He posted the names of Arby's executives along with their corporate email addresses? Oh no, that's....kind of not a big deal.

1shwbpg-0.jpg

This young man has the right to speak freely and express himself. As do you. The big difference being he is substantive and effective, and you bitter and ineffective.

You need help, such as this tragedy that this know it all kid has used to launch himself.

Does that sentence even make sense?

1shwbpg-0.jpg

Did he say if you like Arby's you have the blood of dead children on your hands?

He posted the names of Arby's executives along with their corporate email addresses? Oh no, that's....kind of not a big deal.

It wouldn't be a big deal, unless you have hundreds of thousands of lemmings following you and carrying out your wishes.

Does that sentence even make sense?

Yes it does.

Forum List

Back