🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Laura Ingraham, David Hogg and the beginning of the end of free speech.

To those with the memory of a goldfish.

1521905527460.jpg

Your post is still fucked up! You show a quote from me I never said. Fix it!

Don't worry, nobody cares what you think anyway.

True, and those people are idiots.

To those with the memory of a goldfish.

1521905527460.jpg

Because this is your thought process, no wonder nobody cares what you think and so goes the vicious cycle.

Dear HappyJoy if it's possible please try to fix that misquote instead of arguing about it. that's more like "jacking off" than your ignorant signature gif
which shows no understanding of how prayers really work.

As for banning "assault weapons" why not ask the ranchers in
Arkansas and Texas who rely on more powerful guns to cull off
massive herds of wild boars and defend themselves from deadly attacks.

It could be that most people don't need or want these.
But that's not fair to deprive guns from people who do need them to survive.

See also the article on how "assault weapons" saved Koreatown.When 'assault weapons' saved Koreatown | Human Events

Being in the minority didn't stop LGBT from defending their rights.
Laws should not be based on fear but on equal consent of the people.
No rights or laws are supposed to be invoked to DISPARAGE others.

Whatever the goal is with seeking to ban guns or gun abuse crime and violence,
the govt is supposed to apply the LEAST restrictive means when it comes
to a compelling interests. Depriving all citizens and punishing the law abiding
equally as criminals is not the LEAST restrictive but the MOST restrictive.

Your fear of gun abusers, or intellectual laziness in finding a better solutions,
is not "compelling interest" to disparage and deprive rights of law abiding citizens.

there is nothing wrong with coming up with better laws,
but it has to be by the consent and authority of all citizens
and taxpayers represented. Not just the FEAR of one side overruling the other.

Laws should reflect the consent of all people, not just one side excluding the other.

Because this is your thought process, no wonder nobody cares what you think and so goes the vicious cycle.

Does anyone care what you think?

Yes.

Personally, I doubt it.

NOW, I suggest you cut the crap and get back to the topic of the thread.

There’s nothing stopping Fox News from leaving her show as is and telling the sponsors to stuff it.

But like everything else in Conservatopia, money and profits trump all.
Dumbass Fox should have waited until new sponsors were to come rushing in (maybe twice as many- although these political talk shows have too many commercials as it is) I cant even listen to Mike Gallagher on the radio anymore.

Did you miss civics class when in high school???

Freedom of speech applies to the US Govt....

The US govenment can not stop you from saying whatever you want to say, against them or others.

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with Laura Ingraham mouthing off, or David Hogg's 'free speech' when he responded.
What David Hogg did was a lot more than just free speech. More like a bombing attack.

He, and all those sponsors, need to be taught a lesson.

What a punk.

Parkland survivor David Hogg urges Arby’s boycott over Fox News ties
Political pressure

The right of every American....why are conservatives such Snowflakes?

Meh, he has a right, I have a right to call him a punk.

Yep, as you hide behind you keyboard you can say anything to anyone in complete safety. We all take such liberties now and then, but not against someone 17 years old who suffered a community trauma. That makes you a coward and an asshole.

Everyone feels for the survivors of such an event, but this kid has taken it out on millions of ordinary gun owners who simply wish to be left alone and live in peace.

“At this point its like when your old-a** parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage’ and you’re like, ‘Ok give me the f***ing phone’ and you take it and you get it done in one second. Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government because our parents don’t know how to use a f***ing democracy so we have to do it.”

The kid is spot on

Adults have done nothing about school shootings since Columbine.
Why should they believe adults when they claim they will make them safe?

Adults....here is a clear backpack for you kid.......It is NRA approved

The adults that have failed, are the ones who are against having more armed guards in all schools.

One always must remember that the Murdoch sons are so far left they would make Jane Fonda and Bernie Sanders look like staunch conservatives. They are BRITISH liberals. I'm certain their bitchy wives are drooling at the thought of Laura being turfed.

Laura Ingraham, the Fox News host of the Ingraham Angle was riding high as she presided over the fourth most watched cable news show in America. She used her freedom of speech to scrawl an emotional screed critical of David Hogg, a high school student who has become the face of the anti-gun movement. Ingraham, well educated, articulate woman, went from the penthouse to the outhouse overnight because she turned to the bathroom stall wall we call Facebook and attacked Hogg with a cheap, signed smear.

Hogg promptly identified her show’s sponsors and called for boycotts which quickly materialized leading Ingraham to take a “planned vacation” which is code for she’s likely gone. Ingraham should have known better.

Whenever or wherever opinions are expressed there is bound to be disagreement because people have different life experiences. This causes most people to reserve personal opinions especially in public settings. In the United States we have the first amendment which essentially means that we can say or write anything so long as what we say or write does not slander or bring harm to others or infringe on the rights of others to express different or unpopular opinions.

The First Amendment is a golden rule of American democracy that sets it apart from most other great civilizations not just in space but in time. When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 the event was hailed as a decisive victory for democracies embracing freedom of speech and the table appeared to be set for a golden age of world democracy.

But freedom of speech has a built in flaw: it raises the specter that the people could use it to call for getting rid of it. Just the fact that people are endowed with freedom of speech does not guarantee that they understand its significance or will use it responsibly. When it becomes a means to an end people will find creative ways to abuse it.

Both Laura Ingraham and David Hogg are guilty of abusing freedom of speech. Ingraham went after Hogg with the power of Fox News via Facebook and Hogg went after Ingraham’s livelihood probably on the advice of his political handlers.

Does this balance out? Not really. It’s wrong to crush opposing points of view with power and it’s just as wrong to go after a person’s income because you don’t agree with them.

If we lose freedom of speech here we’ll deserve it.
Damn

Did Hogg slap down that hateful bitch or what?

She announced last night she is taking a “vacation”
Hogg doesn’t even have his own cable news program
Did Hogg slap down that hateful bitch or what?

Let's have a quote from Ingraham that proves she is hateful. You can't prove it do not say it.
Quote?
Watch her damned show

How else do you describe an adult mocking a child because he was rejected from a college?

Political pressure

The right of every American....why are conservatives such Snowflakes?

Yep, as you hide behind you keyboard you can say anything to anyone in complete safety. We all take such liberties now and then, but not against someone 17 years old who suffered a community trauma. That makes you a coward and an asshole.

Everyone feels for the survivors of such an event, but this kid has taken it out on millions of ordinary gun owners who simply wish to be left alone and live in peace.

“At this point its like when your old-a** parent is like, ‘I don’t know how to send an iMessage’ and you’re like, ‘Ok give me the f***ing phone’ and you take it and you get it done in one second. Sadly, that’s what we have to do with our government because our parents don’t know how to use a f***ing democracy so we have to do it.”

The kid is spot on

The adults that have failed, are the ones who are against having more armed guards in all schools.
Don’t forget the clear backpacks

Laura Ingraham, the Fox News host of the Ingraham Angle was riding high as she presided over the fourth most watched cable news show in America. She used her freedom of speech to scrawl an emotional screed critical of David Hogg, a high school student who has become the face of the anti-gun movement. Ingraham, well educated, articulate woman, went from the penthouse to the outhouse overnight because she turned to the bathroom stall wall we call Facebook and attacked Hogg with a cheap, signed smear.

Hogg promptly identified her show’s sponsors and called for boycotts which quickly materialized leading Ingraham to take a “planned vacation” which is code for she’s likely gone. Ingraham should have known better.

Whenever or wherever opinions are expressed there is bound to be disagreement because people have different life experiences. This causes most people to reserve personal opinions especially in public settings. In the United States we have the first amendment which essentially means that we can say or write anything so long as what we say or write does not slander or bring harm to others or infringe on the rights of others to express different or unpopular opinions.

The First Amendment is a golden rule of American democracy that sets it apart from most other great civilizations not just in space but in time. When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991 the event was hailed as a decisive victory for democracies embracing freedom of speech and the table appeared to be set for a golden age of world democracy.

But freedom of speech has a built in flaw: it raises the specter that the people could use it to call for getting rid of it. Just the fact that people are endowed with freedom of speech does not guarantee that they understand its significance or will use it responsibly. When it becomes a means to an end people will find creative ways to abuse it.

Both Laura Ingraham and David Hogg are guilty of abusing freedom of speech. Ingraham went after Hogg with the power of Fox News via Facebook and Hogg went after Ingraham’s livelihood probably on the advice of his political handlers.

Does this balance out? Not really. It’s wrong to crush opposing points of view with power and it’s just as wrong to go after a person’s income because you don’t agree with them.

it's already lost. boycotts of counter opinions are far too common and way overused. they are a means to be "right" in an argument and shut down anything you don't want to hear. but it's the liberal side doing this. i seldom if ever hear about conservatives blocking liberals from public speeches or events but it's done all the time the other way.

hogg does have the "right" i suppose to be just as stupid as he wants to be. from the looks of it, that's pretty damn stupid. but we can also turn away and stop making him famous for being nothing more than a jr league ass hole using a tragic event to become famous and show the world he's a take no shit reporter CNN wannabe.

He keeps his shit up he's going to regret it.

:lmao:

He's going to need an armed body guard and that will be the sweetest moment evah!!!!!!!

Sounds like one of those Internet Tough Guy threats.
you mean like hogg does by the hour? if internet tough guy = bad, then please don't be hypocritical and NOT say hogg is doing much worse these days.

The kid is spot on

29542098_1783916958313523_2578863594783520842_n.jpg

it's already lost. boycotts of counter opinions are far too common and way overused. they are a means to be "right" in an argument and shut down anything you don't want to hear. but it's the liberal side doing this. i seldom if ever hear about conservatives blocking liberals from public speeches or events but it's done all the time the other way.

hogg does have the "right" i suppose to be just as stupid as he wants to be. from the looks of it, that's pretty damn stupid. but we can also turn away and stop making him famous for being nothing more than a jr league ass hole using a tragic event to become famous and show the world he's a take no shit reporter CNN wannabe.
David Hogg appears to be playing all the right cards as conservatives resort to personal attacks against Parkland students

The kid is spot on

Sorry son.....we don’t want to do anything to keep someone from bringing an AR 15 to your school

But here is a nice clear backpack for you

The kid is spot on

Sorry son.....we don’t want to do anything to keep someone from bringing an AR 15 to your school

Hogg didn't say the clear backpacks infringed on his First Amendment Rights?

The kid is spot on

Why yes, yes he did

The kid is spot on

Any child feels safer knowing they have a clear backpack to protect them from AR15 rounds

Forum List

Back