Leftist on Howie Kurtz show says Trump was tried by his peers! NOT

forkintheroad7

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2024
So if you were watching this morning, you would have seen this idiot lib (I know.. what other kind are there?) saying that Trump was judged by a jury of his peers!

EXCUSE ME???!!

Didn't New York City vote against Trump 95% to 5% or some such thing?

fake news

His peers are Americans who understand how loony the left is.. that's who

Trump should have been tried in, say... Kansas

So if you were watching this morning, you would have seen this idiot lib (I know.. what other kind are there?) saying that Trump was judged by a jury of his peers!

EXCUSE ME???!!

fake news

His lawyers did not object to them. Are you better legal counsel than his hand picked lawyers?

Last edited:
I've been hearing Trump didn't have good lawyers..

1717960682785.png

Well, I don't know. I also heard Alina Habba was "fired" or some such thing.. I have not confirmed that, but in any case, I definitely do not recall anyone suggesting having the trial in KS or TX so maybe his lawyers failed?

EXCUSE ME???!!

fake news

Junior High School civics class: 101

The phrase "a jury of peers" dates back to the signing of the Magna Carta in England. At that point, the provision ensured that fellow nobles tried members of the nobility rather than the king judging them. This phrase more accurately means a jury of fellow citizens.

repeat:
The phrase "a jury of peers" dates back to the signing of the Magna Carta in England. At that point, the provision ensured that fellow nobles tried members of the nobility rather than the king judging them. This phrase more accurately means a jury of fellow citizens.

Oh, look the Ignored Procrustybrains has a new avatar, an American flag, to show he's an American despite being a lib

ha ha... That's funny

1717961644556.png

The New York jury had him convicted before any evidence was presented.
wait... Are you talking about that comment someone made on social media?

That hasn't been proven yet.. but I was not aware it happened (allegedly) before evidence was presented!

If so, now I get why it was bad..

"Peers" is an old(e) English concept that only makes sense in a status-conscious society, which we disclaimed specifically in our Constitution. All citizens are Trump's "peers" for the purposes of choosing a jury.

But the whole thing was choreographed so that the guilty verdict was a foregone conclusion from long before the trial ever started.

The truly sad thing is that we have Americans who believe that this case was a legitimate act of the Justice Department (or whatever it's called) of New York(e) State.

The only thing that will prevent this being overturned on appeal is timing. If the appeals court(s) don't get around to it before Trump is inaugurated in January, then this case will just fade into the ether.

The only thing that will prevent this being overturned on appeal is timing. If the appeals court(s) don't get around to it before Trump is inaugurated in January, then this case will just fade into the ether.
:)

funny how Trump got massive donations over this... LOL

EXCUSE ME???!!

fake news

Dude, your peers are your fellow American citizens.

Average folks off the street. How they voted is not a qualification for jury duty.

wait... Are you talking about that comment someone made on social media?

That hasn't been proven yet.. but I was not aware it happened (allegedly) before evidence was presented!

If so, now I get why it was bad..
Actually it's been debunked. The person who posted it was just messing with tRump supporters on her facebook page and has no connections to anyone involved, She was just trolling.

Dude, your peers are your fellow American citizens.

Average folks off the street. How they voted is not a qualification for jury duty.
Over the years the media/entertainment industries demonized Trump every day. Anyone with a grudge and fence walking will change their politics to blame someone or even become more extreme in their views.

I don't get how N Yorkers are Trump's peers

according to libs or whomever

A peer is someone who is like you, approximately same age and things like that. New Yorkers are not the same age as Trump except maybe chronologically. He is 77, they are mentally around the age of, say, eight

Over the years the media/entertainment industries demonized Trump every day. Anyone with a grudge and fence walking will change their politics to blame someone or even become more extreme in their views.
That would be tRump's fault, not mine.

Average American citizens are still his "peers" and his attorneys had the ability to object to these and didn't.

I don't get how N Yorkers are Trump's peers

according to libs or whomever

A peer is someone who is like you, approximately same age and things like that. New Yorkers are not the same age as Trump except maybe chronologically. He is 77, they are mentally around the age of, say, eight
"an American Citizen like You". Those are your peers as far as the legal system is concerned.

Forum List

Back