Leftists owe the rest of us an explanation for the Florida shooting

So that's your standard? You're lapdogs for unions, NOW and the NAACP? Interesting admission on your part

You guys are breaking the unions. Now we will break the NRA.

That wasn't my question. You said advocating an interest lobby makes you a lapdog. Just interesting you consider yourself a lapdog of unions, NOW, NAACP, environmental groups. It's your standard, not mine. I support the NRA because they advocate my views.

You just said your views are supporting a lobby makes you their lapdog. I find it interesting you consider yourself a lapdog of Amnesty International

That's right. But people don't give a fuck about Amnesty International. We're going to use the NRA to cost you the House Senate and White House. Get it?

Libertarians don't have the house or the Senate. As for your prognostication ability on elections. Remember this gem?

[media]

Meanwhile give the guard a fucking rifle, before trying billions of dollars worth of legislation and maybe put more than one there. Can't we try simple fixes before starting a bunch of histerical moves and spending tme and money where it does not need to be! Why all of a sudden does every problem need to be adressed with such out landish over kill response. What happened to tweaking what we have instead of starting all over?

it means “cop-killer” ammunition that should be banned under the 1986 law will remain available. The government has allowed itself to be bullied by the gun lobby, which with its defense of these armor-piercing bullets has in effect aligned itself with violent criminals and against public safety.

Ban these 'cop killer' bullets

Neither did the four deputies who where there because they weren't inside the school either

Yeah...four armed cops were too afraid to enter the school to confront the mass shooter. Why? Because they were outgunned. Why? Because you clowns made it easy for Cruz to buy his killing machine.

Leftists used to have the integrity to at least admit how difficult it is to keep weapons from people determined to commit mass murder. Now you have no integrity left.

Take your ass out of fantasy land. The question is what to do about it. Not pretend that you can keep weapons away from people determined to get them in the world of reality.

The obvious solution was to allow the people we trust to educate our children who get trained and get a CC to be able to CC. that would have ended this.

You are arguing your own ideas won't work. No shit, they didn't, they won't

So that's your standard? You're lapdogs for unions, NOW and the NAACP? Interesting admission on your part

That wasn't my question. You said advocating an interest lobby makes you a lapdog. Just interesting you consider yourself a lapdog of unions, NOW, NAACP, environmental groups. It's your standard, not mine. I support the NRA because they advocate my views.

You just said your views are supporting a lobby makes you their lapdog. I find it interesting you consider yourself a lapdog of Amnesty International

That's right. But people don't give a fuck about Amnesty International. We're going to use the NRA to cost you the House Senate and White House. Get it?

Libertarians don't have the house or the Senate. As for your prognostication ability on elections. Remember this gem?

[media]

Yes and I remember yours during the Romney regime.

You don't have to worry about liberals and progressives dude. We are already voting to take your guns away. You need to worry about the moderates and independents who are starting to agree with us.

CNN Poll: Seven in 10 favor tighter gun laws in wake of Parkland shooting - CNNPolitics

All the things you think are stupid that we want to try? 7 out of 10 Americans think they are good ideas.

We aren't trying to take your guns away. And if we do take them away we will give them back after we've determined you aren't insane. Oh, and we will determine you are insane because you are. Please tell us again how the government is trying to take your guns and they will have to pry them from your dead hands. Isn't that what you say? Well then you are insane. LOL

What about Romney?

[media]

Meanwhile give the guard a fucking rifle, before trying billions of dollars worth of legislation and maybe put more than one there. Can't we try simple fixes before starting a bunch of histerical moves and spending tme and money where it does not need to be! Why all of a sudden does every problem need to be adressed with such out landish over kill response. What happened to tweaking what we have instead of starting all over?

The FBI dropped the ball on passing along information to local authorities

The local authorities dropped the ball on doing anything about a kid who had the cops called on him 39 times

The social worker dropped the ball on declaring the kid psycho and detaining him for evaluation

The deputy assigned to the school dropped the ball on entering when the shooting started

Three more deputies arrived and dropped the same ball

You/the left dropped the ball on believing you can keep 300 million guns from one psycho

You/the left dropped the ball on believing we can have no southern border and keep guns out of the hands of psychos

You/the left dropped the ball not asking yourselves why we can't keep drugs from teenagers but we can keep guns from criminals

And you blame us? Seriously? You should invest in a mirror

OMG so now unless we build a fucking wall on the southern border it's our fault? LOL

[media]

it means “cop-killer” ammunition that should be banned under the 1986 law will remain available. The government has allowed itself to be bullied by the gun lobby, which with its defense of these armor-piercing bullets has in effect aligned itself with violent criminals and against public safety.

So that's your standard? The government allows itself to be bullied by unions, NOW, NAACP, Amnesty International, Audubon and the ACLU? You admit that?

The arms race has been going on since the beginning of time, it will not stop. The idiology of no guns does not work.

Seems to work fine for countries that have banned or severely limited gun ownership.

Adding laws to the millions of lines of already codified laws is not some thing I want to do with out a great deal of contimplation. I have to point out the debacles that have been created in the past trying to legislate such things. Prohibition, the drug war, the war on terror, etc. In all these cases the problems seemed to get worse! Why we have a cow boy mentality here I do not know. We glorify violence and then wonder why bad shit happens. C urrently how long do you go to jail for having black tar heroin? Exactly how many people does this stop? Why would I think it would be different for guns? I do not think that either side of the fence are demons or mean for bad things to happen. We as a society do not have an answer for this yet. I doubt the answer exists in either of the extremes!

Your argument is anti-legislation.
My argument is creating workable legislation. It is not the gun that is causing this it is the attitude of the people involved. People do not want to belive that it is our culture and how we treat each other that is the cause. It is easier to blame an inantimate object than clearly what is the root cause! Violence is a part of the american character. We have school shootigns they have people trampled at soccer games. It is not the gun, it is the fucking people. Single parent homes has effected this issue. The loss of control over family is causing this. Other countries do not have millions of these guns flying around all ready! It is like trying to instatute gun control in Afganistan, they are already every where. It will mhave zero possitive effect it will leave only those wiling to follow rules with guns.You know Derp I am usually on your side of the argument. I am not party above all. Please answer this for me, How do you feel we have done with this type of legislation in the past?
Did prohibition work?
DId the drug war work?
Did the war on terror work?
Do you have an example of any legislation of this nature that has worked in this country?
If you do we should take a good look at what went right and try and apply it!

[media]

The local authorities dropped the ball on doing anything about a kid who had the cops called on him 39 times

The social worker dropped the ball on declaring the kid psycho and detaining him for evaluation

The deputy assigned to the school dropped the ball on entering when the shooting started

You/the left dropped the ball on believing you can keep 300 million guns from one psycho

You/the left dropped the ball on believing we can have no southern border and keep guns out of the hands of psychos

You/the left dropped the ball not asking yourselves why we can't keep drugs from teenagers but we can keep guns from criminals

OMG so now unless we build a fucking wall on the southern border it's our fault? LOL

No, it's not starting now. It was before and still is. When you disarm honest citizens and you allow the continued importation of weapons through our non-southern border to arm criminals. Then yes, you are responsible for the consequence of your choice. See how manhood works?

And you admit that you're the lapdog of illegal alien lobby? Another interesting one.

Just pointing out your standard. To support a special interest group is to be their "lapdog." That's what you said.

I have a different tact. I support lobbies that advocate my views. I guess we're not all the same

[media]

So that's your standard? The government allows itself to be bullied by unions, NOW, NAACP, Amnesty International, Audubon and the ACLU? You admit that?

Any body with enough money can pretty much buy l;egislation right now. It is sad but true! Our goverment is being plyed with it from both sides of the fence all day every day! You can take that to the bank!

is type of legislation in the past?
Did prohibition work?
DId the drug war work?
Do you have an example of any legislation of this nature that has worked in this country?

So...40 years ago traffic deaths used to be way higher. People dying behind the wheel on the roads was a big problem in this country. So Congress decided to pass all these new safety rules and regulations, launched a publicly-funded campaign against drunk driving, and mandated seat belts on all cars. As a result of that legislation, the number of traffic fatalities was cut in half. So much so that more people died from guns last year than from cars.

So that's an example of government legislation that had a dramatic and undeniable effect on society for the positive, reducing car deaths by 50%, reducing drunk driving deaths by 50%, and making the roads safer for everyone.

Leftists used to have the integrity to at least admit how difficult it is to keep weapons from people determined to commit mass murder. Now you have no integrity left.t

Go fuck yourself you Russian shill. Conservatives never had integrity. There's a very simple way of keeping weapons out of the hands of dangerous people; DON'T FUCKING SELL THEM.

Take your ass out of fantasy land. The question is what to do about it. Not pretend that you can keep weapons away from people determined to get them in the world of reality.

Fantasy is imagining that you will act like Dirty Harry or Death Wish when you'd really end up acting like Wily E. Coyote, like the armed teacher in Utah who accidentally fired her gun in the bathroom last week.

The obvious solution was to allow the people we trust to educate our children who get trained and get a CC to be able to CC. that would have ended this.You are arguing your own ideas won't work. No shit, they didn't, they won't

The teacher in GA who fired his gun a couple days ago was a carry permit holder and long time gun owner.

[media]

Any body with enough money can pretty much buy l;egislation right now. It is sad but true! Our goverment is being plyed with it from both sides of the fence all day every day! You can take that to the bank!

I agree, which is why I'm a libertarian.

You only objected to one side. I left the Republican party because I don't apply your one sided standard

Leftists used to have the integrity to at least admit how difficult it is to keep weapons from people determined to commit mass murder. Now you have no integrity left.t

Go fuck yourself you Russian shill. Conservatives never had integrity. There's a very simple way of keeping weapons out of the hands of dangerous people; DON'T FUCKING SELL THEM.

Fantasy is imagining that you will act like Dirty Harry or Death Wish when you'd really end up acting like Wily E. Coyote, like the armed teacher in Utah who accidentally fired her gun in the bathroom last week.

The obvious solution was to allow the people we trust to educate our children who get trained and get a CC to be able to CC. that would have ended this.You are arguing your own ideas won't work. No shit, they didn't, they won't

The teacher in GA who fired his gun a couple days ago was a carry permit holder and long time gun owner.

Have you mentioned to your drug dealer your theory that if you make something illegal then people can't buy it? That was in the OP, you should have done it by now. What did they say? Did your drug dealer agree that making guns illegal would eliminate them? You know, like we did with drugs?

Have you mentioned to your drug dealer your theory that if you make something illegal then people can't buy it?

Making it illegal makes it difficult to buy. Which means the gun owner would have to go through illegal and sketchy channels to get the gun. Channels that put them at risk of; the police, the FBI, the ATF, and other criminals. If Cruz had to go "underground" or the "black market" to get his killing machine, he would have put himself at risk of being caught, robbed, or killed. Those risks are what makes it likely that most of these people won't go and seek these weapons. That's the whole point.

[media]

No, it's not starting now. It was before and still is. When you disarm honest citizens and you allow the continued importation of weapons through our non-southern border to arm criminals. Then yes, you are responsible for the consequence of your choice. See how manhood works?

And you admit that you're the lapdog of illegal alien lobby? Another interesting one.

Just pointing out your standard. To support a special interest group is to be their "lapdog." That's what you said.

I have a different tact. I support lobbies that advocate my views. I guess we're not all the same

No one disarmed your stupid ass. We just want to take certain guns off the assembly line so in the future you can't buy them. That way you and the nut doesn't get their hands on certain weapons. But you can keep your guns. In fact if you already have a automatic weapon, keep it. We just don't make them anymore. Again, no one is trying to disarm you despite your paranoia.

Let me ask you a simple question. If you can't purchase this is that considered disarming you?

[media]

Are guns being smuggled into the USA? I am aware of guns being smuggled into Mexico from our gun manufacturers but not the other way around. I think the NRA does two things. A. They use this an excuse. B. They use this border to unload illegal/black market weapons to get their profits up.

is type of legislation in the past?
Did prohibition work?
DId the drug war work?

So...40 years ago traffic deaths used to be way higher. People dying behind the wheel on the roads was a big problem in this country. So Congress decided to pass all these new safety rules and regulations, launched a publicly-funded campaign against drunk driving, and mandated seat belts on all cars. As a result of that legislation, the number of traffic fatalities was cut in half. So much so that more people died from guns last year than from cars.

So that's an example of government legislation that had a dramatic and undeniable effect on society for the positive, reducing car deaths by 50%, reducing drunk driving deaths by 50%, and making the roads safer for everyone.
Thank you I agree, now what made that successfull and why were the other's so miserably unsuccessfull. If we can figure out these details I would be more willing to discuss legislation. I am not saying we can legislate out of this issue but it seems more possible now that I have an example of success. I would love it if others would weigh in on why speed limt legislation worked and the other did not. Lets see if we can figure out a workable solution instead of arguing ideology.

Have you mentioned to your drug dealer your theory that if you make something illegal then people can't buy it?

Making it illegal makes it difficult to buy. Which means the gun owner would have to go through illegal and sketchy channels to get the gun. Channels that put them at risk of; the police, the FBI, the ATF, and other criminals. If Cruz had to go "underground" or the "black market" to get his killing machine, he would have put himself at risk of being caught, robbed, or killed. Those risks are what makes it likely that most of these people won't go and seek these weapons. That's the whole point.
I get all of that yet when I was in high school it was easier to find pot than alcohol. There was profit in weed not as much as in alcohol. Pleolpe were not risking thier stores and liquore liscences to sell alcohol to minors but many were sellin the weed because the prroffit was enough. Take away prohibition and Al Capone would have just been a chubby guy from chicago. People will take these risks, they do it every day! I think giving the guard a rifle and back up onlocation may have the same or better effect than gun legislation and does not enfringe on the rights of others. Should this not be tried first! Then move on to more agressive tactics after some less agree

[media]

I agree, which is why I'm a libertarian.

You only objected to one side. I left the Republican party because I don't apply your one sided standard

I object to both sides of the isle. I am not for gun control. I am also not for kissing the one percenters ass! I realize that both corps and unions are necessary or they would not exist. I am not for the patriot act or the asset forfeture. Both sides do things I do not get! The left has taken the power from parents and the right has given the middle class away to the wealthy! Not happy with either!

Making it illegal makes it difficult to buy

I hear you. It's not like you could ask say any random High Schooler to get drugs for you. No wait, actually you can ...

Great security there. So you going to trust the lives of your family on the probability that someone who wants a gun can't get one?

Forum List

Back