Leftwing - Rightwing and the Political Axis

I have Told you that stats may be misleading

You have told me that but you have not demonstrated it to be true. As a statistician I hear "stats can be misleading" a lot, most often they are not.

What would your solution be?

Not even sure there is a solution in a free market society.

NBA is 75% black but the US is only 13% black. Is the NBA racist? No. Stats may be misleading.

Yes, they can be. Now, show me that the stats on social mobility are misleading.

You have told me that but you have not demonstrated it to be true. As a statistician I hear "stats can be misleading" a lot, most often they are not.

NBA is 75% black but the US is only 13% black. Is the NBA racist? No. Stats may be misleading.

Yes, they can be. Now, show me that the stats on social mobility are misleading.

You really want me to dig deep and research this? Come on man. IDC all that much.

In the US, social mobility rate among the worst of all industrialized nations
Link?

look above, I have given multiple
See, but here is where that is misleading.

From the Forbes article:

"Now, we can compare not only how the U.S. fares on mobility, but how developing countries in Asia and Africa are doing relative to the U.S.. The results are striking."

Of course they are. Have they factored in the increase in available technology and resources?

If my parents lived in a hut with no electricity or plumbing, and improvements in international trade have improved home building in my shit hole country, I could move into a shack with those plumbing and electricity, and PRESTO... I have greatly surpassed my parents in standard of living.

There is not much room to improve in the U.S. apart from standards generally improving for the entire population as technology and methods improve.

Here is more:

"Rather than using the more traditional metric of income, this study uses educational attainment as the basis for defining upward mobility. Absolute upward mobility refers to the ability of children to “out-learn” (my term) their parents. For example, if the parents only completed secondary school, but the children completed tertiary schooling, that would reflect absolute upward mobility. Relative mobility refers to the ability of children to do better than their peers compared to how the parents did relative to their own peers. In other words, if the parents were in the bottom quartile of educational attainment within their cohort, but the children were in the middle or upper quartile, that would reflect relative upward mobility."

Well....FUCK!!!

If neither of my parents had any formal education (because we are bush people) and I learn to read....PRESTO...

This is a ridiculous metric that is way more about shit holes becoming non-shit holes than it is the U.S. getting worse.

You really want me to dig deep and research this? Come on man. IDC all that much.

The better choice would be to not make claims or accusations that you do not wish to or cannot support.

The difference between leftwing and rightwing in this context is rightwing is mobile. You can start at the bottom and reach the top, while those at the top can fall to the bottom. leftwing is regimented. Whatever level you were born into, you stay. There is no way to break into the upper echelons of power, or society. They are closed.

Perhaps that is why we have one of the worst social mobility rate among industrialized nations

Ours is one of the best. However, if the progressive left get more power this country will be over as a experiment in freedom.

Bullshit! :auiqs.jpg:

You should go watch "The Jerk". :abgg2q.jpg:

I watch the jerk every time I read one of your post.

Perhaps you should not use a fictional movie for your basis for reality.

http://www.equality-of-opportunity.org/assets/documents/abs_mobility_summary.pdf

The U.S. Does Poorly On Yet Another Metric of Economic Mobility

Appreciate the compliment, but perhaps one of those countries with higher upward mobility would be better suited for your commie lying ass! I suggest the UK. They'll be overrun with Muslims or have a Civil War within 2 decades. Their standard of living is lower and their taxes are higher than ours, but don't let that stop you from bashing the good old US of A, faggot. Go pay you some VATS and $7 for a gallon of gas, dipshit. They do have cheaper and better internet, what good is that when Muslims are taking your country over, though?
What is the cost of living difference between the U.S and the U.K?

TL;DR? I think you should expatriate, you commie fuck!

Last edited:

The better choice would be to not make claims or accusations that you do not wish to or cannot support.

I disagree. I think That index is bogus. As I said everyone is born with equal rights and “social mobility” is up to each individual. And you stated there is no solution so why even bring it up?

Link?

From the Forbes article:

"Now, we can compare not only how the U.S. fares on mobility, but how developing countries in Asia and Africa are doing relative to the U.S.. The results are striking."

Of course they are. Have they factored in the increase in available technology and resources?

If my parents lived in a hut with no electricity or plumbing, and improvements in international trade have improved home building in my shit hole country, I could move into a shack with those plumbing and electricity, and PRESTO... I have greatly surpassed my parents in standard of living.

There is not much room to improve in the U.S. apart from standards generally improving for the entire population as technology and methods improve.

Here is more:

"Rather than using the more traditional metric of income, this study uses educational attainment as the basis for defining upward mobility. Absolute upward mobility refers to the ability of children to “out-learn” (my term) their parents. For example, if the parents only completed secondary school, but the children completed tertiary schooling, that would reflect absolute upward mobility. Relative mobility refers to the ability of children to do better than their peers compared to how the parents did relative to their own peers. In other words, if the parents were in the bottom quartile of educational attainment within their cohort, but the children were in the middle or upper quartile, that would reflect relative upward mobility."

Well....FUCK!!!

If neither of my parents had any formal education (because we are bush people) and I learn to read....PRESTO...

This is a ridiculous metric that is way more about shit holes becoming non-shit holes than it is the U.S. getting worse.

You have a point developing countries in Asia and Africa. but we also fare poorly compared to other just as developed countries as this one.

Link?

From the Forbes article:

Here is more:

Well....FUCK!!!

Several Western industrialized nations not 3rd world backwaters are doing many orders of magnitude better than the US on the upward mobility thing.

I disagree. I think That index is bogus. As I said everyone is born with equal rights and “social mobility” is up to each individual. And you stated there is no solution so why even bring it up?

You think the index is bogus but do not care enough to find out, you willfully accept your ignorance and will not do anything about it.

I did not bring it up, I was responding to someone that did.

Appreciate the compliment, but perhaps one of those countries with higher upward mobility would be better suited for your commie lying ass! I suggest the UK. They'll be overrun with Muslims or have a Civil War within 2 decades. Their standard of living is lower and their taxes are higher than ours, but don't let that stop you from bashing the good old US of A, faggot.

If you had bothered to read anything I posted you would see the UK has worse mobility than we do.

But then again, it was written above a 2nd grade level, so you would not be able to comprehend it anyhow.

Several Western industrialized nations not 3rd world backwaters are doing many orders of magnitude better than the US on the upward mobility thing.
Which ones?

Do you have some numbers?

Do you not read the thread before asking for things that have already been provided?

upload_2019-5-7_7-22-48-png.259767

The original claim had to do with conservative ideology and social mobility.

We have had two full generations of leftist systems of racial privilege through the process of affirmative action that punishes Asians, Jews and others so blacks can get ahead.

Since you are arguing on the basis of social mobility, and you are arguing that these leftist policies are innefective, you are actually arguing against yourself, here.

Who was it who said there are lies, damn lies and statistics? You point to numbers but apply no reason . Numbers without reason are just numbers

You have a point developing countries in Asia and Africa. but we also fare poorly compared to other just as developed countries as this one.
Which ones?

How are we falling behind?

It was not in the articles you provided. Do you have something else?

Our standard of living is better than most industrialized nations. It's hard to improve on it when we are one of the nations at the cutting edge. Even the poorest among us have technology better than many industrialized nations.

Forum List

Back