Legal pot in Colorado claims it's first victim

Woman killed in Observatory Park home said husband ate pot candy - The Denver Post

While on 911the wife said her husband ate some pot laced candy and was hallucinating. Then he shot her.

She is not the victim of legalized marijuana. She is the victim of a man with a gun. It is the gun that is the problem here, not pot. In the Netherlands, pot has been legal for years and this doesn't happen because the people don’t have lots of guns around. If this guy hadn't had a gun, his family would have been safe.

As well, pot alone does not make anyone hallucinate. There had to be something else, like the pain killers mentioned in the article.

Actually, pot is not legal in the Netherlands. They have a policy where they turn a blind eye to marihuana use and allow it to be sold and smoked in coffee shops.

After some reflection it is apparent to me that I addressed Kevin in an inappropriate manner and for that you have my apologies.
Having said that I stand behind my op full heartedly.

As to Pogo & Nodog.... well, I've made very clear to this point what I think of both of you and you can both deal with it as you see fit.

Full heartedly sounds sort of like fool Heartedly. Most people say whole heartedly. It may have been a Freudian slip.

Do you stand behind the title? The title seems to jump to a conclusion not supported by the Op.

All that said, anybody who is willing to admit a mistake and apologize shows character.

emotional dodge of the question?
How dishonest.

Link your science.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Go eat a pot brownie just after someone close to you died or your wife left you. That's where this guy was at.

You prove to me that different people in different states of mind are not affected by this narcotic differently. Your pharmacy sells you stuff too that if you take in a certain state can really mess you up. A drug is a drug. All drugs ultimately come from plants so what's the difference between one plant-based drug and another?

Is pot a narcotic?

Absolutely. It completely mind alters. Especially if you ingest it or smoke a strong strain or too much. The pot brownie story I told of the kid is true. It took him 5 days to stop having extreme bouts of fear, paranoia and overwhelming feelings he couldn't control He thought they were regular brownies at a party so I think he may have had more than one.

They aren't labeled. They aren't strength tested. They aren't regulated. The conditions, use of pesticides, fungicides etc are not monitored or tested for in growing it. It's the one drug I can think of that the fed apparently isn't allowed to regulate. Seems this legal snag is going to come to a head.

Is pot a narcotic?

Absolutely. It completely mind alters. Especially if you ingest it or smoke a strong strain or too much. The pot brownie story I told of the kid is true. It took him 5 days to stop having extreme bouts of fear, paranoia and overwhelming feelings he couldn't control He thought they were regular brownies at a party so I think he may have had more than one.

They aren't labeled. They aren't strength tested. They aren't regulated. The conditions, use of pesticides, fungicides etc are not monitored or tested for in growing it. It's the one drug I can think of that the fed apparently isn't allowed to regulate. Seems this legal snag is going to come to a head.
Please stop. Nothing that you said is even close to correct. No one takes 5 days to come down from a brownie, even if more than one is eaten, even if a dozen are eaten. That is just ridiculous.

They can be labeled without any problem, and the strength depends on how much is eaten. Indoor Cannabis usually doesn't require herbicides or pesticides, and outdoor grown Cannabis uses very little as well. Cannabis is renowned for its resilience in most soil conditions, so the use of harsh fertilizers and pestidices is minimal, and those chemicals are negligible anyway in the THC resin of the female flowers. Whatever concerns that people have about quality assurance can be alleviated by a simple bit of advice from the 1940s, the last time that marijuana was legalized:

Hemp%20for%20Victory%20-%201942%20-%20Special%20tax%20stamp%20-%20producer%20of%20marihuana.jpg

victory+garden.jpg

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Go eat a pot brownie just after someone close to you died or your wife left you. That's where this guy was at.

You prove to me that different people in different states of mind are not affected by this narcotic differently. Your pharmacy sells you stuff too that if you take in a certain state can really mess you up. A drug is a drug. All drugs ultimately come from plants so what's the difference between one plant-based drug and another?

Is pot a narcotic?

completely mind alters?.....in all the years i smoked,and i have smoked some pretty good stuff,that never happened......LSD alters your mind not pot.....

Is pot a narcotic?

completely mind alters?.....in all the years i smoked,and i have smoked some pretty good stuff,that never happened......LSD alters your mind not pot.....

Pot is not a narcotic.

Pot today is 1000 times more potent than ever before. It destroys your brain. We need to elect a president who will enforse federal drug laws and put some legislators in Colorado and Washington in jail.

Last edited:
Pot today is 1000 times more potent than ever before. It destroys your brain. We need to elect a president who will enforse federal drug laws and put some legislators in Colorado and Washington in jail.

Cannabis is one of the first plants cultivated by mankind. Today it is no more potent that it was a thousand years ago. It's prohibition is based on hyperbolist lies, not unlike the above.

Pot is not a narcotic.

so what does that have to do what i said?...

1000 times?....i dont think so.....geezus....

Cannabis is one of the first plants cultivated by mankind. Today it is no more potent that it was a thousand years ago. It's prohibition is based on hyperbolist lies, not unlike the above.

he has no idea what he is saying....1000x is one hell of a big jump....people who have never touched the stuff should never be in these conversations....otherwise they make statements like that....synthetic is different than natural....

Last edited:
How many alcohol fueled killings in Colorado this year?

Dunno, that's another topic. Start a thread & find out.

No - it's not another topic. The point of your thread is that Pot should not be legalized because it allegedly led to the death of someone. In 2009 alone 465 people died in Colorado in alcohol related auto accidents alone.

You cannot hide your hypocritical double standard behind "start another thread"

So your solution is to make the problem worse? How does that even make sense?

No. What we do need is what will happen. Colorado and Washington will experience the consequences of their actions and take corrective steps if they can.

No. What we do need is what will happen. Colorado and Washington will experience the consequences of their actions and take corrective steps if they can.

They wont. The salient fact is that amount of tax money coming in. Now the pols are addicted to the money, they dont care what happens to the citizens.

Forum List

Back