🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

let's help enact Governor Cuomo's proposal for free college in New York!

I also don't agree that GPA or SAT scores are the only dimension for determining whether a candidate should be accepted by a specific school.
This is not the issue. The question is: Should race help determine who gets a seat in college? Should Asians and other groups with equal qualifications (not only SAT scores) be discriminated against because of their ethnicity?

Do you think Asians are not well-rounded?
BTW: Your comment about Asians is tinged with bigotry.

Sent from my SM-T710 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

e
I'm fully in favor of what universities are doing in order to slow the rise in racism and bigotry on their campuses.
Do you hate freedom of speech and tolerance of opposing views?

And check this out: University Affirmative-Action Admissions Policies Are Toxic
No. But, I don't accept hate speech, assaultive behavior (including oral and written), and other such destructive approaches. Our universities have an objective that is damaged by these behaviors. They provide many avenues for open, free and rational discussion of issues. Hurling ad hom, the "n" word, gender epithets, etc. is destructive of education - there is no way to use that to add to understanding.
You are ignoring the many examples I've provided of intolerance and opposition to free speech.

More examples for you to ignore: The Death of Free Speech on Campus | RedState

Requiring that universities can not have a hand in selecting their student bodies is damaging to their product - education.
But should they be forced to apply affirmative action?

Why do you ignore the affirmative action studies discussed in the article I linked to?
Most universities are being forced NOT to apply methods of ensuring student body diversity. They continue to work on ways to achieve diversity, with the bigots continuing to find excuses for preventing that.

So, let's just agree on this: It's the right wing absolutists who are attacking the universities over diversity.

And, I'll have to say that I see you as a total whiner.

The idea that we can't talk about race relations without using the "n word" is proof of a total LACK of education.

The direction of hate speech does NOT further education. And, education is the ONLY PURPOSE of our universities.

Think about this: If speakers are required to use civil discourse to discuss problems, it's far more likely that education will take place, both on the part of the speaker and on the part of the audience.

Apparently, your real world exposure to Universities is right up there with your real world experiences of IT & DIVERSITY (Indians, Indians, Indians, Indians, Indians and MORE Indians).
My son is currently in Baruch College in NYC and my daughter is in Graduate School in a VERY exclusive University DEDICATED to not only DIVERSITY, but PERVERSITY as well (in terms of filling out their Sexual Orientation questionnaire).
I have many friends in Town who children are attending University all over the US and there is ZERO lack of diversity.

And what does Race Relations have to do with achievement?

Can you provide a concrete list of Universities that are anti-None White or anti-Noen American?
I'll pass it by my friends and acquaintances.
You should work on your race problem.

e
Do you hate freedom of speech and tolerance of opposing views?

And check this out: University Affirmative-Action Admissions Policies Are Toxic
No. But, I don't accept hate speech, assaultive behavior (including oral and written), and other such destructive approaches. Our universities have an objective that is damaged by these behaviors. They provide many avenues for open, free and rational discussion of issues. Hurling ad hom, the "n" word, gender epithets, etc. is destructive of education - there is no way to use that to add to understanding.
You are ignoring the many examples I've provided of intolerance and opposition to free speech.

More examples for you to ignore: The Death of Free Speech on Campus | RedState

Requiring that universities can not have a hand in selecting their student bodies is damaging to their product - education.
But should they be forced to apply affirmative action?

Why do you ignore the affirmative action studies discussed in the article I linked to?
Most universities are being forced NOT to apply methods of ensuring student body diversity. They continue to work on ways to achieve diversity, with the bigots continuing to find excuses for preventing that.

So, let's just agree on this: It's the right wing absolutists who are attacking the universities over diversity.

And, I'll have to say that I see you as a total whiner.

The idea that we can't talk about race relations without using the "n word" is proof of a total LACK of education.

The direction of hate speech does NOT further education. And, education is the ONLY PURPOSE of our universities.

Think about this: If speakers are required to use civil discourse to discuss problems, it's far more likely that education will take place, both on the part of the speaker and on the part of the audience.

Apparently, your real world exposure to Universities is right up there with your real world experiences of IT & DIVERSITY (Indians, Indians, Indians, Indians, Indians and MORE Indians).
My son is currently in Baruch College in NYC and my daughter is in Graduate School in a VERY exclusive University DEDICATED to not only DIVERSITY, but PERVERSITY as well (in terms of filling out their Sexual Orientation questionnaire).
I have many friends in Town who children are attending University all over the US and there is ZERO lack of diversity.

And what does Race Relations have to do with achievement?

Can you provide a concrete list of Universities that are anti-None White or anti-Noen American?
I'll pass it by my friends and acquaintances.
You should work on your race problem.

You should live real life.

I sincerely think you have very nice theories.
Your theories, however, don't apply to real life.
On the other hand, I'M not the one hiring one race despite skill level.

Is there no end to the things that the Left wants "rich" people to pay for for them?

It's free! Nobody pays for it!

Between than and planning to cut our power supply by 25% by closing down the power plant, I need to find another state and I'm sure as fuck not moving to Jersey

I also don't agree that GPA or SAT scores are the only dimension for determining whether a candidate should be accepted by a specific school.
This is not the issue. The question is: Should race help determine who gets a seat in college? Should Asians and other groups with equal qualifications (not only SAT scores) be discriminated against because of their ethnicity?

You did not answer my question.

And, i have consistently stated that diversity is a legitimate objective.

You are having a hard time kerping up on this thread.

Why can't you answer my questions?

Should race help determine who gets a seat in college? Should Asians and other groups with equal qualifications (not only SAT scores) be discriminated against because of their ethnicity?

Why do you reject the studies I linked to earlier that shows how minority students are hurt by affirmative action?

Why do you hate tolerance and freedom of speech? Do you admit that the cost of bloated university bureaucracies drives up tuition? Do you think students and their parents should have to pay high tuition so university administrators can receive excessive salaries?

Why are you a bigot who thinks Asians are not well-rounded?

Please stop running away from my questions. Do the questions frighten you?

Last edited:
Should the taxpayers be funding this sort of nonsense:

The PC Monster: Has Political Correctness Gone off the Rails in America? - SPIEGEL ONLINE - International

Quote: In the months prior to the election, "safe spaces" had been one of the most widely discussed terms at Oberlin. The concept has its roots in feminism and describes a physically and intellectually sheltered space that protects one from potentially insulting, injurious or traumatizing ideas or comments -- a place, in short, that protects one from the world. When conservative philosopher and feminism critic Christina Hoff Sommers was scheduled to give a speech at Oberlin last year, some students did not approve and claimed that Sommer's views on feminism represented "microaggressions."

When Sommers appeared anyway, leading some Oberlin students to create a "safe space" during the speech where, as one professor reported, "New Age music" was played to calm their nerves and ease their trauma. They could also "get massages and console themselves with stuffed animals."

Should race help determine who gets a seat in college? Should Asians and other groups with equal qualifications (not only SAT scores) be discriminated against because of their ethnicity?

Why do you reject the studies I linked to earlier that shows how minority students are hurt by affirmative action?

Why do you hate tolerance and freedom of speech? Do you admit that the cost of bloated university bureaucracies drives up tuition? Do you think students and their parents should have to pay high tuition so university administrators can receive excessive salaries?

I have answered your questions several times.

Then you just ask them again, without even identifying what part you need clarified.

It might help if you tried asking your next question in a race-neutral manner.

The problem with your question about Asians being "well-rounded" is that it treats Asians as a separate category. Yet, Asians are the same as everyone else in the world. So, my answer to that question HAS to be that the question is nonsensical - in fact, that it is an indication of bigotry.

Colleges and universities claim that diversity in many dimensions and insistence on civil discourse are requirements for the best educational environment. They are the experts on that. They compete on quality of education. And, this idea is pretty much universally agreed - there are very few quality post high school educational institutions that move against these features.

Beyond that, I don't see any reason to suggest that schools should be required to take the top n SAT scores where n is the size of their freshmen class.

The SATs were NOT made to be the only measure of students. It wasn't made to be the best measure of likely success at the school. It wasn't made to lead to a student body that works cooperatively toward education, or other objectives the school might have on that front. It wasn't made to be a measure of the drive or creativity or leadership, etc., of a student.

I expect there to continue to be moaning from those who want into these institutions so badly that they are ready to hire lawyers and SUE!!!

But, shouldn't that be PROOF that these schools are doing something RIGHT?

The problem with your question about Asians being "well-rounded" is that it treats Asians as a separate category. Yet, Asians are the same as everyone else in the world. So, my answer to that question HAS to be that the question is nonsensical - in fact, that it is an indication of bigotry.

Colleges and universities claim that diversity in many dimensions and insistence on civil discourse are requirements for the best educational environment. They are the experts on that. They compete on quality of education. And, this idea is pretty much universally agreed - there are very few quality post high school educational institutions that move against these features.

Beyond that, I don't see any reason to suggest that schools should be required to take the top n SAT scores where n is the size of their freshmen class.

The SATs were NOT made to be the only measure of students. It wasn't made to be the best measure of likely success at the school. It wasn't made to lead to a student body that works cooperatively toward education, or other objectives the school might have on that front. It wasn't made to be a measure of the drive or creativity or leadership, etc., of a student.

I expect there to continue to be moaning from those who want into these institutions so badly that they are ready to hire lawyers and SUE!!!

Your entire premise is based on an assumption you have not proven - that the schools themselves are the ones that push for the artificial diversity. They have been pushed into that diversity not because it is better for the students but because they are essentially required to or be investigated for racism.

SAT and placement scores are where all of these universities start and they do not even look at you if you are not in their scoring range. Before ANYTHING is considered at all, those scores are adjusted for race. Quite literally the policy is directly racist.

For Asian Americans, a changing landscape on college admissions

Asians have about 50 points taken off their score when considering placement. That is asinine and utterly counter to trying to eliminate racism. You do not eliminate racism by incorporating it into policy.

Your entire premise is based on an assumption you have not proven - that the schools themselves are the ones that push for the artificial diversity. They have been pushed into that diversity not because it is better for the students but because they are essentially required to or be investigated for racism.

SAT and placement scores are where all of these universities start and they do not even look at you if you are not in their scoring range. Before ANYTHING is considered at all, those scores are adjusted for race. Quite literally the policy is directly racist.

For Asian Americans, a changing landscape on college admissions

Asians have about 50 points taken off their score when considering placement. That is asinine and utterly counter to trying to eliminate racism. You do not eliminate racism by incorporating it into policy.
There are different methods being used to achieve diversity. Grades are also considered. There are corrections for what high school you went too. There are also methods to include regional diversity - to meet objectives of different oarts of the US and also for foreign students. Also, some schools use interviews, writing samples, and recommendations. Some schools even look at athletic ability!!!

SAT performance is only one factor.

Diversity is an objective, but it isn't limited to race diversity.

Schools do not use the same methods of selecting a student body.

Frankly, it seems like a great deal. $163M to put ~1M qualifying students through college. In contrast, NY's private not-for-profit colleges and universities provided some $5.1B in financial aid in 2014-15.

call your local legislator, New Yorkers!

NY gov proposes free tuition for public colleges
Who's going to pay for it? Any clue? Do you care?

Do you really care? If so, have you made any effort to find the answer on your own? I know an answer wouldn't at all hard to find seeing as you do have Internet access. A high level answer, at the very least, is surely on the NY Governor's website.

God damn but Conservatives loathe smarts!

I don't know whether it's all conservative or just a large plurality of them. There is definitely one segment of conservatives that have accepted the programming that makes it possible for them to believe pretty much anything.

tumblr_nwsp5htlzo1rmi6rto1_500.jpg

Now I'm not talking about Christians in general. I'm talking about the ones who think that everything the Bible says is literally so in all respects, but when it comes to following basic tenets that Jesus proffered, they do that. One might ask "what axioms?" How about these:
  • Judge no,t lest ye be judged.
  • Let him who is without sin cast the first stone.
  • Love your neighbor as yourself.
  • Love your enemies and bless those who persecute you.
When one goes about things, one's life, that way, "smarts" have been thrown out the door with baby and the bath water. And what is the point of being smart and thinking for such folks? They've pretty well resigned themselves to following someone else rather than gathering comprehensive bodies of information, analyzing it, and concluding rationally for themselves.

Forum List

Back