Let's Play a Game!

You haven't made a point since you've been on this thread.

Neither have you. Two far leftist women in a thread squealing at each other frantically because they have something in common. Sheer stupidity. I'll admit it, I never made a point. You spared me the trouble.

Just an addendum, I was not referring to boedicca in this remark.

I don't believe there was ever such a thing as unbiased news people just used to try and hide it better and be more subtle about it than they are today.

No one is talking about unbiased news people. We're talking about unbiased news reports.
My opinion is the same there has always been bias be it news people or reports.

That's simply not true.

Can you prove why not? Or will you simply insist that your will alone must be the superior argument?

Real news without bias and opinion ... Was that back when a runner came up from the docks and proclaimed a boat had arrived?

You are young. I remember when there was plenty of news that was just reporting what happened, not telling us what to think about it, not using connotative language, not propaganda, etc. Your idea that real news is relagated to a long ago, distant past is a misconception based on your ignorance of history and your thinking what we see in news reporting today is what the reality has always been.

There is propaganda in any news that reports a narrative outside of basic simple fact without the intention to accomplish anything. All "news" by nature ... And including what is decided to be reported on ... Is reported with a purpose. When news reels came back from World War II ... They supported a narrative. I don't know how old you are ... But I am betting your were very young back then if alive at all.

My example was an example of unbiased news ... And I thanked Carla for her effort.

I don't believe there was ever such a thing as unbiased news people just used to try and hide it better and be more subtle about it than they are today.

No one is talking about unbiased news people. We're talking about unbiased news reports.

That's simply not true.
Your entitled to your opinion.

And I thanked Carla for her effort

Not much of an effort when one doesn't strive to be objective, in my opinion. Though, voicing an opinion is always welcome, such a right does not entitle the one who opines to his or her own facts.

Don't get me started TK ... I can appreciate people when they take the time to type out what they think ... Whether or not I agree with it. It was the effort I thanked Carla for.

The more we think and share the better everything can get ... And I didn't want to seem like I was just an ass dumping on the ideas.

The two people bitching about this thread the most, are the ones who use the most biased sources for news out there, one being Breitbart, and the other is the National Review.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Your opinion does not change the fact there there are unbiased news reports. You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Look at this one for example: Full article @

News from The Associated Press

GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) -- A small, private jet slammed into a house Monday, killing a woman and her young sons inside the home and three people on the aircraft, authorities said.

The jet crashed around 10:45 a.m. in Gaithersburg, a Washington, D.C., suburb, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Chief Steve Lohr said during a news conference.

Authorities quickly said all three people in the plane had been killed, but it took hours for fire crews to sweep the home and confirm that three people were inside. They were identified as 36-year-old Marie Gemmell and her two sons, 3-year-old Cole and a 1-month-old Devon, police said.

They were found in a second-floor bathroom. Gemmell was lying on top of her young sons in an apparent effort to shield them from the smoke and fire, said police Capt. Paul Starks. Her husband and a school-age daughter were not home and were accounted for, police said.

There are no characterizations of the pilot or the victims. News is what happened. There is no bias or spin in this news article.

Your opinion does not change the fact there there are unbiased news reports. You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Look at this one for example: Full article @

News from The Associated Press

GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) -- A small, private jet slammed into a house Monday, killing a woman and her young sons inside the home and three people on the aircraft, authorities said.

The jet crashed around 10:45 a.m. in Gaithersburg, a Washington, D.C., suburb, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Chief Steve Lohr said during a news conference.

Authorities quickly said all three people in the plane had been killed, but it took hours for fire crews to sweep the home and confirm that three people were inside. They were identified as 36-year-old Marie Gemmell and her two sons, 3-year-old Cole and a 1-month-old Devon, police said.

They were found in a second-floor bathroom. Gemmell was lying on top of her young sons in an apparent effort to shield them from the smoke and fire, said police Capt. Paul Starks. Her husband and a school-age daughter were not home and were accounted for, police said.

There are no characterizations of the pilot or the victims. News is what happened. There is no bias or spin in this news article.

The rest of that is a non sequitur. By calling the reports 'torture' they characterized events that took place during the war. This article requires that no characterizations of persons or events be made. It is a recitation of an event which took place. Not a statement of opinion.

Forum List

Back