Let's Play a Game!

I don't believe there was ever such a thing as unbiased news people just used to try and hide it better and be more subtle about it than they are today.

No one is talking about unbiased news people. We're talking about unbiased news reports.
My opinion is the same there has always been bias be it news people or reports.

Your opinion does not change the fact there there are unbiased news reports. You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Look at this one for example: Full article @

News from The Associated Press

GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) -- A small, private jet slammed into a house Monday, killing a woman and her young sons inside the home and three people on the aircraft, authorities said.

The jet crashed around 10:45 a.m. in Gaithersburg, a Washington, D.C., suburb, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Chief Steve Lohr said during a news conference.

Authorities quickly said all three people in the plane had been killed, but it took hours for fire crews to sweep the home and confirm that three people were inside. They were identified as 36-year-old Marie Gemmell and her two sons, 3-year-old Cole and a 1-month-old Devon, police said.

They were found in a second-floor bathroom. Gemmell was lying on top of her young sons in an apparent effort to shield them from the smoke and fire, said police Capt. Paul Starks. Her husband and a school-age daughter were not home and were accounted for, police said.

There are no characterizations of the pilot or the victims. News is what happened. There is no bias or spin in this news article.
I never claimed my opinion was fact something you should have known before claiming otherwise.

And I didn't want to seem like I was just an ass dumping on the ideas.

Of course not. But when one puts little effort into an opinion, I really don't see it as one. I have a thing about people making halfhearted statements and not confirming their veracity. She is very much entitled to her opinion, as is the American way. But it doesn't excuse her from making false claims either.

I don't believe there was ever such a thing as unbiased news people just used to try and hide it better and be more subtle about it than they are today.

No one is talking about unbiased news people. We're talking about unbiased news reports.

Your opinion does not change the fact there there are unbiased news reports. You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

GAITHERSBURG, Md. (AP) -- A small, private jet slammed into a house Monday, killing a woman and her young sons inside the home and three people on the aircraft, authorities said.

The jet crashed around 10:45 a.m. in Gaithersburg, a Washington, D.C., suburb, Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Chief Steve Lohr said during a news conference.

Authorities quickly said all three people in the plane had been killed, but it took hours for fire crews to sweep the home and confirm that three people were inside. They were identified as 36-year-old Marie Gemmell and her two sons, 3-year-old Cole and a 1-month-old Devon, police said.

They were found in a second-floor bathroom. Gemmell was lying on top of her young sons in an apparent effort to shield them from the smoke and fire, said police Capt. Paul Starks. Her husband and a school-age daughter were not home and were accounted for, police said.

There are no characterizations of the pilot or the victims. News is what happened. There is no bias or spin in this news article.

The rest of that is a non sequitur. By calling the reports 'torture' they characterized events that took place during the war. This article requires that no characterizations of persons or events be made. It is a recitation of an event which took place.

Fox News is also calling it the "torture report."

Security Concerns Over Release Of CIA Torture Report VIDEO - FOX News Radio

I never claimed my opinion was fact something you should have known before claiming otherwise.

And you are entitled to your own opinions, just not your own facts.

I can appreciate people when they take the time to type out what they think

As can I. But what she did was make an assertion, not an opinion. When you insist that your opinion is a fact, you must prove it. That is all.

Whether or not I agree with it.

It isn't a matter of agreement or disagreement, it is a matter of backing up an assertion with veritable (as unbiased as is possible) factual sources which supplement her position. She has refused to on this thread, more than once. If it sounds unmerciful, so be it.

The rest of that is a non sequitur. By calling the reports 'torture' they characterized events that took place during the war. This article requires that no characterizations of persons or events be made. It is a recitation of an event which took place.

Alan Colmes? That is strike three. That is the second biased source you have listed. Alan Colmes is a staunch liberal, so it is natural you were drawn to him.

Are you joking? Do not insult my intelligence.

Alan Colmes? Are you joking? Do not insult my intelligence.

I'm just letting you know that RWing sites are also calling it the torture report. I don't know who Alan Colmes is, nor do I give a shit.

Alan Colmes? That is strike three. That is the second biased source you have listed. Alan Colmes is a staunch liberal, so it is natural you were drawn to him.

Are you joking? Do not insult my intelligence.

The purpose of my posting that, was to show you that RWing sites are calling it the Torture Report.

U.S. Boosts Security At Facilities Ahead Of Torture Report's Release

The U.S. has increased security of its facilities around the world ahead of the release Tuesday by the Senate of the executive summary of its report on the CIA's interrogation practices in the war on terrorism, White House spokesman Josh Earnest said today.

"The administration has for months been preparing for the release of this report. There are some indications that the release of this report could lead to a greater risk that is posed to U.S. facilities and individuals all around the world," Earnest said. "So the administration has taken the prudent step to ensure that the proper security precautions are in place at U.S. facilities around the globe."

He said the Senate Intelligence Committee had informed the White House that the executive summary will be released on Tuesday, adding that the White House supported the move.

"The president believes that on principle it's important to release that report so that people around the world, and people here at home, understand what exactly what transpired," he said.

The Senate Intelligence Committee voted in April to release the 480-page executive summary of the report on the CIA's interrogation policies during the presidency of George W. Bush

It's worth noting here that many people are calling the document the Senate's report. It is, in fact, the executive summary of the full 6,200-page report.

Criticism began even before its details were made public.

Secretary of State John Kerry called Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif, chair of the Senate intelligence panel, last week on behalf of the White House, asking for a delay. NPR's Lauren Hodges reported there were fears in Congress the report would put "American personnel in danger overseas and incite further violence from extremists."

But lawmakers such as Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., said it was essential the executive summary was released.

"This report would never happen in North Korea or China or Russia," she told CBS on Monday. "But in the United States, we hold our government accountable. And, I think, that process is so important, so fundamental to our democracy, that it's essential that this report comes out."

Bush, speaking on CNN over the weekend, said he hadn't read the report, but called those in the CIA "patriots."

"And whatever the report says, if it diminishes their contributions to our country, it is way off base," he said. "And I knew the directors, I knew the deputy directors, you know, I knew a lot of the operators. These are good people, really good people and we're lucky as a nation to have them."

The New York Times reported that the former president's team "has decided to link arms with former intelligence officials and challenge its conclusions."

U.S. Boosts Security At Facilities Ahead Of Torture Report s Release The Two-Way NPR

It must be pretty bad if they're having to tighten security.
This Democrap Senate is a farce. Npr is a waste. The report will be a waste. Not a smidgen of evidence of torture. And.......at this point...what difference does it make?

Last edited:
I'm just letting you know that RWing sites are also calling it the torture report.

Alan Colmes, is not a right winger by any definition of the word. Just because he works for Fox does not make him 'right wing.' It's his website, a link to his radio show, which is an outlet to voice his opinions. Therefore, one can discern that the source is liberal, and biased towards your views. Unreliable.

Does anyone remember what "real news" looks like? I'm talking about real news articles that leave out bias and opinion. News is what happened. Bias is the spin put on it by bloggers who want to tell you what to think about what happened, tell you what emotion you should experience according to their perception, not your own.

In an effort to be even clearer, an actual NEWS story is one that contains no characterizations of people or incidents.

The challenge in this game is to post a "real" news article, covering politics only, with no bias, spin, or characterizations. Pick any topic you like.

Examples:

A right-wing biased report is "Yesterday just as innocent children were getting off their school bus, a Democrat exposed himself to the whole busload by setting himself on fire, thus burning all his clothes off right in front of them. I think this is just the logical conclusion of Liberal/Progressive values. Watch out -- the Liberals may set YOU on fire next!!"

A left-wing biased report says "In an apparent hate crime, a victim of the crassly wealthy bankers of Wall Street who illegally foreclosed on his home was burned at the stake in a public park yesterday by armed Tea Party thugs, bused in by The Koch Brothers and Rupert Murdoch. We will be covering tonight's candlelight vigil for the murdered man at 8 pm."

The "real" news story goes like this....A news reporter says "At 3 pm yesterday afternoon, a man in Times Square burst into flames in what is being called "spontaneous human combustion" by police. More information to come as the incident is investigated."

This should be fun! I'll go first! :D
You have to read a newspaper to play this game. I refuse to buy a newspaper and want them banned for being the lapdogs of the Left establishment.

Never said my opinion was fact.

Never said my opinion was fact.

Thanks for contributing and stopping by. :rolleyes:

This is one of those threads in which the OP proves the opposition's point. So keep on keepin' on, you sad moron.

Care to elaborate on how you reached that conclusion?

Just look at the assertion in #1 and her subsequent posts. It's laughable.

Her point in the OP is that most of the media includes bias in their reporting and she gave examples of both left and right followed by an unbiased example.

Then she posted an unbiased article from NPR.

Are you alleging that NPR is biased?

In which case the onus is on you to demonstrate that bias.
. NPR is so biased that they will face loss of Federal Grants when the GOP takes control.

This is one of those threads in which the OP proves the opposition's point. So keep on keepin' on, you sad moron.

Care to elaborate on how you reached that conclusion?

Just look at the assertion in #1 and her subsequent posts. It's laughable.

Her point in the OP is that most of the media includes bias in their reporting and she gave examples of both left and right followed by an unbiased example.

Then she posted an unbiased article from NPR.

Are you alleging that NPR is biased?

In which case the onus is on you to demonstrate that bias.
. NPR is so biased that they will face loss of Federal Grants when the GOP takes control.

You don't know how to read a news paper anyway. :p

Real news without bias and opinion ... Was that back when a runner came up from the docks and proclaimed a boat had arrived?

Actually, it dates to just before Murdoch and your hero, the MUSLIM ARAB PRINCE took over the FCC.

For the gazillionth time, watch the documentary, Orwell Rolls In His Grave, avail on You Tube.

Just stfu and watch it.

Forum List

Back