Lib calls police on 9 year old for commenting about brownies

There is absolutely NO information in this stupid article. I have no idea what the kid said or why CPS and the Dad got involved. While it sounds like an interesting story, your article has NOTHING in it. Why do you swallow stuff like this?

ESL?

"A New Jersey elementary school called the police after a third-grade student made a comment about the brownies being served in class and another student called the remark “racist.”

A police officer from the Collingswood Police Department showed up at William P. Tatem Elementary School to question the boy, who is 9.

The boy’s mother, Stacy dos Santos, said the school’s response was a complete overreaction.

“He said they were talking about brownies. … Who exactly did he offend?” she toldphilly.com."

From the article that you either couldn't or didn't read
Yes, Frank, I read that. It fails to say what the child said, doesn't it? I'm still holding out for that. Would like to know what the reaction was about and how Dad and CPS got called in--sounds like quite a story, as I said before. But without knowing what the kid said, or why it would be construed as racist, or why COPS got called, I can't make any kind of reasonable conclusion let alone form an opinion. There is a whole lot more to this than is being reported. It is so clear to me. Don't know why you are having such a hard time with it.

What could a third grader POSSIBLY said in regards to a fucking dessert that a reasonable person could have construed as a racist comment?

And further, since when is calling the fucking police a reasonable response to hearing a child utter something racist, even if the little kid shouted out "Hey Billy these brownies are darker than you are niggah?" or something else that actually IS racist.

No matter WHAT the child SAID, calling the fucking police is a dipshit over reaction, and indicative of the left's desire to outlaw free speech.
Okay, what could a third grader POSSIBLY say, period, that would require the intervention of the police? (Except something overtly sexual in nature--now that will bring out the entire panoply every time). I'll bet the kid's statement had nothing whatever to do with brownies, and his mom is saying that to defend her little sweetie. Cops don't come to our school for stuff like that. The kid gets a Come to Jesus Talking To, with parents present, and then apologizes to offended other. That's how it goes.
There is absolutely NO information in this stupid article. I have no idea what the kid said or why CPS and the Dad got involved. While it sounds like an interesting story, your article has NOTHING in it. Why do you swallow stuff like this?

ESL?

"A New Jersey elementary school called the police after a third-grade student made a comment about the brownies being served in class and another student called the remark “racist.”

A police officer from the Collingswood Police Department showed up at William P. Tatem Elementary School to question the boy, who is 9.

The boy’s mother, Stacy dos Santos, said the school’s response was a complete overreaction.

“He said they were talking about brownies. … Who exactly did he offend?” she toldphilly.com."

From the article that you either couldn't or didn't read
Yes, Frank, I read that. It fails to say what the child said, doesn't it? I'm still holding out for that. Would like to know what the reaction was about and how Dad and CPS got called in--sounds like quite a story, as I said before. But without knowing what the kid said, or why it would be construed as racist, or why COPS got called, I can't make any kind of reasonable conclusion let alone form an opinion. There is a whole lot more to this than is being reported. It is so clear to me. Don't know why you are having such a hard time with it.
Right. It couldn't be that our school system is so batshit crazy they think the cops should be called to arrest a 9 year old racist. There HAS to be another explanation. Maybe he said the N word. That definitely requires police intervention, right?
You entirely misunderstand me. Read on.
No, I don't think I have.

Doesn't say it was a liberal who did this.... why did you make that up?
Yes. I'm sure it was a Tea Party conservative that called the cops because Billy said brownies go well with fried chicken.

Oh, so you decided it must be a liberal, so therefore it is a liberal? Well done.
It doesn't matter. Nobody here read the story from other sources. The policy of calling the cops to settle even trivial behavior problems came from the District. The teacher had little choice but to follow an asinine directive from on high.

The prosecutors office had specifically directed the school to engage in gestapo tactics. The school objected...this particular instance was all done at the behest of ANOTHER kid...which is super creepy and why I'm glad I don't have kids anymore. It's like all the freaky sci fi movies about the state turning kids into robotic snitches has come true.

Yes. I'm sure it was a Tea Party conservative that called the cops because Billy said brownies go well with fried chicken.

Oh, so you decided it must be a liberal, so therefore it is a liberal? Well done.
It doesn't matter. Nobody here read the story from other sources. The policy of calling the cops to settle even trivial behavior problems came from the District. The teacher had little choice but to follow an asinine directive from on high.

The prosecutors office had specifically directed the school to engage in gestapo tactics. The school objected...this particular instance was all done at the behest of ANOTHER kid...which is super creepy and why I'm glad I don't have kids anymore. It's like all the freaky sci fi movies about the state turning kids into robotic snitches has come true.
My kids are in private school, one because he has special needs, the other to keep him from being turned into a special needs kid. But from what I read, the school district made this rule. I'm pretty sure the DA can't order the school district around and certainly the parents are screaming at the school district to put an end to this nonsense.

The story doesn't say much at all..so what's the hubbub, bud?
The story says the police were called because of a racist comment. You Leftwats now argue that unless we know what the racist comment was, it didn't happen. No wonder Hips is doing so well in the polls with so many Democrats who ignore the truth.
NO!! What we said is, without knowing what in hell the kid said, how is anyone supposed to make an informed comment about the kerfluffle? I hear ya, It SEEMS a big overreaction and mostly I wonder what kind of police department responds to calls like that? But see? We know SO LITTLE about what was really going on, either in that classroom or behind the scenes, that spouting off about it would be a silly waste of time. Like we do a lot here, with insufficient information.
Any police department that would respond to a 3rd grader's comment either has a liaison in place designated for that purpose, OR the police chief is dating the superintendent of school's sister, or SOMETHING. It's all very funky sounding to me. Like someone else here said, if a principal tried that in my district, he'd get chewed out for using 911 wrong.

You KNOW that it almost a certainty that this story happened as exactly as told. the PC crowd has went completely bonkers with this bullshit.
My problem is, I don't know what happened. Cops came and talked to a kid. Dad and CPS got called in. Sure I'll buy that; no problem. But the why? It's not there. This was NOT about brownies, folks. Seriously. Of all the bash education threads I've seen here, this is truly the least evidence of an argument presented. Congrats.
I don't care if he called him a n*gger, did a Nazi salute and swore allegiance to the KKK, the cops shouldn't have been called. Get a grip you old hag.

You KNOW that it almost a certainty that this story happened as exactly as told. the PC crowd has went completely bonkers with this bullshit.
My problem is, I don't know what happened. Cops came and talked to a kid. Dad and CPS got called in. Sure I'll buy that; no problem. But the why? It's not there. This was NOT about brownies, folks. Seriously. Of all the bash education threads I've seen here, this is truly the least evidence of an argument presented. Congrats.
I don't care if he called him a n*gger, did a Nazi salute and swore allegiance to the KKK, the cops shouldn't have been called. Get a grip you old hag.
Okay. Just leave your spew about liberal teachers ruining the education system OUT OF IT, since you haven't got a clue what's going on.

The story says the police were called because of a racist comment. You Leftwats now argue that unless we know what the racist comment was, it didn't happen. No wonder Hips is doing so well in the polls with so many Democrats who ignore the truth.
NO!! What we said is, without knowing what in hell the kid said, how is anyone supposed to make an informed comment about the kerfluffle? I hear ya, It SEEMS a big overreaction and mostly I wonder what kind of police department responds to calls like that? But see? We know SO LITTLE about what was really going on, either in that classroom or behind the scenes, that spouting off about it would be a silly waste of time. Like we do a lot here, with insufficient information.
Any police department that would respond to a 3rd grader's comment either has a liaison in place designated for that purpose, OR the police chief is dating the superintendent of school's sister, or SOMETHING. It's all very funky sounding to me. Like someone else here said, if a principal tried that in my district, he'd get chewed out for using 911 wrong.
But we don't have insufficient information. We know that the school district has given directions to call the police for any behavioral problem, even small ones that can be handled by teachers. We know that the kid made a comment that was deemed "racist" and that the cops were called, as well as CPS. Yes, that's enough information for informed commentary. I don't need to know if Billy said, "These brownies would taste great with watermelon and fried chicken" or "Did n*gg*rs make these brownies, because I don't like n*gg*rs". IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE SAID BECAUSE NOTHING DESERVES THAT KIND OF RESPONSE!

My kids are in private school, one because he has special needs, the other to keep him from being turned into a special needs kid. But from what I read, the school district made this rule. I'm pretty sure the DA can't order the school district around and certainly the parents are screaming at the school district to put an end to this nonsense.

"If you’re wondering why the teacher would call the police in the first place, there is more to the story. The county prosecutor has told the school district to report anything that happens, even relatively minor incidents, to the local police. The school district has published a letter on the school’s website saying very explicitly that they do not support this new mandate from the prosecutor. It reads in part:

"First, I would like to make it clear that the Board of Education does not support this directive. The directive from the Prosecutor’s Office is based upon an overly strict interpretation of a document known as A Uniform State Memorandum of Agreement between Education and Law Enforcement Officials…

"It is routine practice in all Collingswood Schools to conduct an initial assessment of every school-based issue and report every potentially criminal issue to the police; the difference
between the reporting requirements today and those prior to May 25 is that the CCPO now defines almost every issue as a “potentially criminal issue.”

"No one will quite say why but it seems to involve something that happened at the local high school. There may have been some delay in reporting an incident (which is still under investigation) and now the word has gone out to report everything immediately to the police."

Elementary school call the cops after ‘racist’ statement…about brownies? - Hot Air

Here's the pdf of the school district letter about the directive:

http://www.collingswood.k12.nj.us/o...llingswood Board of Education CPD re CCPO.pdf

Last edited:

Okay. Just leave your spew about liberal teachers ruining the education system OUT OF IT, since you haven't got a clue what's going on.

Can you at least agree that a school shouldn't be calling the police over a 3rd grader, or any student for that matter, using suspected racist terms, even if they actually ARE racist terms?

For example, let's suppose a white kid walked by a group of black kids and yelled "hey n*gger" are you really suggesting that the police should be involved? Good grief I hope not.

Can you at least agree that a school shouldn't be calling the police over a 3rd grader, or any student for that matter, using suspected racist terms, even if they actually ARE racist terms?

For example, let's suppose a white kid walked by a group of black kids and yelled "hey n*gger" are you really suggesting that the police should be involved? Good grief I hope not.
The police would be involved in that, because a FAR MORE likely scenario is that a group of black kids would beat a white boy into the ground and pummel him while one of them was recording on his cell phone and then later claim the white boy deserved it because he said, "hey n*gger". Then we would be reading about it and watching the Liveleak video.

"Attached, please find a letter from Collingswood Police Chief Kevin Carey outlining the recent

directive from the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office (CCPO) regarding school-based discipline

incidents. Below, it is my hope to provide some clarification on the position of the Collingswood

Board of Education as it relates to this directive.

"First, I would like to make it clear that the Board of Education does not support this directive. The

directive from the Prosecutor’s Office is based upon an overly strict interpretation of a document

known as A Uniform State Memorandum of Agreement between Education and Law Enforcement

Officials. This document has been in existence for many years and is one which every Board of

Education in the State of New Jersey reviews and approves annually. If you would like to review

the 71-page document, simply search “NJ MOA” online."

http://www.collingswood.k12.nj.us/o...llingswood Board of Education CPD re CCPO.pdf

"If you’re wondering why the teacher would call the police in the first place, there is more to the story. The county prosecutor has told the school district to report anything that happens, even relatively minor incidents, to the local police. The school district has published a letter on the school’s website saying very explicitly that they do not support this new mandate from the prosecutor. It reads in part:

"First, I would like to make it clear that the Board of Education does not support this directive. The directive from the Prosecutor’s Office is based upon an overly strict interpretation of a document known as A Uniform State Memorandum of Agreement between Education and Law Enforcement Officials…

"It is routine practice in all Collingswood Schools to conduct an initial assessment of every school-based issue and report every potentially criminal issue to the police; the difference
between the reporting requirements today and those prior to May 25 is that the CCPO now defines almost every issue as a “potentially criminal issue.”

"No one will quite say why but it seems to involve something that happened at the local high school. There may have been some delay in reporting an incident (which is still under investigation) and now the word has gone out to report everything immediately to the police."

Elementary school call the cops after ‘racist’ statement…about brownies? - Hot Air

Here's the pdf of the school district letter about the directive:

http://www.collingswood.k12.nj.us/ourpages/auto/2016/6/27/67418040/Collingswood Board of Education CPD re CCPO.pdf
I see. The school district could tell the county prosecutor to go to hell, but didn't have the stones to do so. Either way, it ultimately falls on them.

It's about seizing control of children. That's all this is about.

You should see the HUGE hiring swell for child welfare in Oregon. They are hiring HUNDREDS of new workers and putting them in every podunk town. They are also facilitating child welfare involvement in foodstamp cases...

Which is why I tell everybody...get the fuck out of any entitlement program you currently are dependent on, because the feds are using those programs to infiltrate your bank accounts, and to gain access to your children.

You should see the HUGE hiring swell for child welfare in Oregon. They are hiring HUNDREDS of new workers and putting them in every podunk town. They are also facilitating child welfare involvement in foodstamp cases...

Which is why I tell everybody...get the fuck out of any entitlement program you currently are dependent on, because the feds are using those programs to infiltrate your bank accounts, and your kids.

To be fair, I do believe a large majority of children should be removed from their homes. I just don't think our government can be trusted to raise a goldfish, let alone a child.

Which is why I tell everybody...get the fuck out of any entitlement program you currently are dependent on, because the feds are using those programs to infiltrate your bank accounts, and to gain access to your children.
Koshergirl can't see me, but everyone else: She is wrong. No state wants more kids in foster care. It's a huge problem and no one thinks it's the best outcome. I am not saying this as a liberal. I am saying this as a former CPS worker. It is not at all the way some people portray it.

There. Finally some clarity. Clementine has just opened a new thread on the same thing with links to a fox news article, as well.
So it makes some more sense than it did when everyone started pissing all over teachers.
Facts make a difference. My work here is done.
But we don't have insufficient information. We know that the school district has given directions to call the police for any behavioral problem, even small ones that can be handled by teachers. We know that the kid made a comment that was deemed "racist" and that the cops were called, as well as CPS. Yes, that's enough information for informed commentary. I don't need to know if Billy said, "These brownies would taste great with watermelon and fried chicken" or "Did n*gg*rs make these brownies, because I don't like n*gg*rs". IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT HE SAID BECAUSE NOTHING DESERVES THAT KIND OF RESPONSE!
Yes, but it wasn't the school's fault, or even the school board's. Keep reading! Boy, I'm glad I don't live in Jersey.

Koshergirl can't see me, but everyone else: She is wrong. No state wants more kids in foster care. It's a huge problem and no one thinks it's the best outcome. I am not saying this as a liberal. I am saying this as a former CPS worker. It is not at all the way some people portray it.
Yes, I know Koshergirl doesn't like you for the same reason I don't. We both agree that parents are perfectly justified in gunning down CPS henchmen to prevent them from getting their clutches on innocent children. I do remember that exchange very well and I don't blame Koshergirl for not liking you.

Which is why I tell everybody...get the fuck out of any entitlement program you currently are dependent on, because the feds are using those programs to infiltrate your bank accounts, and your kids.

To be fair, I do believe a large majority of children should be removed from their homes. I just don't think our government can be trusted to raise a goldfish, let alone a child.

Soooo...you think they should be removed by whom? Placed with whom? And why?

Forum List

Back