Liberal media praises Michael Sams for being gay but

Trashed Tim Tebow for showing his Christian faith.. I don't care if anyone is gay or not it is their right but the double standards in the media is loud and clear

I didn't trash TeBOW for being christian. I trashed him for being a crappy football player. But his constant prosetelyzing was annoying.

...while playing the sexy hunk....what an odd combo that was.

Huh...you're right. He did like to show off his new kid body a lot. Has he ever been linked 'officially' to a woman?

Where in the liberal media was Tim Tebow 'trashed'?

Not the sports media, They treated him fairly, but not case with everyone in the general media. How else do you explain Tebow becoming such a polarizing figure?

Conservatives certainly got mocked, deservingly, for excessively fawning over Tim Tebow because he was a flamboyant Christian.

Hey, I have no problem with people respecting his willingness to take the heat over his faith. I can respect that too. He just wasn't a good quarterback. Probably could have been a really good tight end, but he refused to switch positions. I don't get that.

Liberals trashed Tebow because he sucked as a football player......32 NFL teams agree

That's absurd. What other football players that suck do liberals trash? Can you name one?

I didn't think Tebow was an NFL QB, and a lot of people both liberal and conservative felt that way, but I think he conducted himself with a lot of class. The guy never complained about playing time and refused to take any shots at the jets, even though they treated him like trash.

I've followed th NFL for 50 years. I have trashed many players for suckiness, most I no longer remember their name. I have seen many NFL players who were more openly Christian than Tebow and who were constantly preaching. Reggie White and Kurt Warner come to mind. I never saw those guys trashed by liberals because they were damned good football players

Conservatives certainly got mocked, deservingly, for excessively fawning over Tim Tebow because he was a flamboyant Christian.

A lot of athletes wear their Christianity on their sleeves. Tebow became popular with conservatives once liberals started attacking him.

Liberals trashed Tebow because he sucked as a football player......32 NFL teams agree

That's absurd. What other football players that suck do liberals trash? Can you name one?

I didn't think Tebow was an NFL QB, and a lot of people both liberal and conservative felt that way, but I think he conducted himself with a lot of class. The guy never complained about playing time and refused to take any shots at the jets, even though they treated him like trash.

I've followed th NFL for 50 years. I have trashed many players for suckiness, most I no longer remember their name. I have seen many NFL players who were more openly Christian than Tebow and who were constantly preaching. Reggie White and Kurt Warner come to mind. I never saw those guys trashed by liberals because they were damned good football players

When you say liberals thrashed him, you are implying the motive is political.

A lot of athletes wear their Christianity on their sleeves. Tebow became popular with conservatives once liberals started attacking him.

And when and where did that pivotal moment take place?

When he did that commercial that was against abortion. That's when the knives came out.

When you say liberals thrashed him, you are implying the motive is political.

Of course it is. Progressives have a political agenda in seeing Christianity dismantled. Communism loses much of its bite if there is a God that judges you.

Tebow got more press than any back-up quarterback I've ever seen. Sure, some folks ARE anti-Christian and made him a target. Pro-Christian people loved him and really, really wanted him to succeed. But when sports analysts gave their honest opinion of his talents (which is what they are paid to do) they pointed out his weaknesses.

I haven't heard anyone congratulating Sams for being gay. But if they don't give honest assessments because he is gay, then I think that will indicate a P.C. bias. We will have to wait to see.

Yeah, right...............Terry Bradshaw was too dumb to play quarterback in the NFL, according to sports analysts.
Tom Brady was drafted in the late rounds, "just to give him a chance.
Warren Moon wasn't drafted.
Brad Johnson quarterbacked the Buccaneers to a Superbowl win after sitting on the bench his Senior at FSU and bouncing around the NFL as a back up for several seasons.

Tim Tebow never was given a fair chance in the NFL after being traded by Denver. The Jets coach said, "They can make me take him, but they can't make me play him". Ryan treated him like the plague at the Jets.
Tebow could have become a very good NFL quarterback if he had been sat on the bench and given a chance to learn and develop his GOD given talents.

Back to the Queer, I'll be cheering every time he gets injured. Fucking perverts are taking over America, well, I'm not a groupie, I don't change with the wind.

I think there was as much conservative invention of Tim Tebow persecution, as there was of the real thing.

Victimology has been all the rage on the right in recent years.

Forum List

Back