Liberals bully Condi Rice into withdrawing from Rutgers Commencement

Let her speak. Disagree. Protest. But let her speak.
I feel like I'm back in the 60s defending Angela Davis and her right to free speech.
How serious would the alleged crimes have to be before you would consider banning someone from speaking at a public institution's commencement?

I don't know, how about some one bent on genocide. Like the guy these same professors had no problem allowing to speak at the same school.
Genocide works for me.
Do you remember who this guy was?

No one wants to hear what the first black female secretary of state has to say. Certainly a black woman pianist so accomplished she gave a concert with Yolo Ma has nothing to add to the racial conversation. A black woman who can sit down with Putin and speak to him in fluent Russian is no role model for women today.

Whatever was Rutgers thinking? Get the black congresswoman who said she is a freed slave. That's worth the price of admission.

Not quite the Uncle Tom liberals were expecting.

Maybe you should figure it out, when supposed intelligence reports support people you support, you're good to go, but when it supports people you disagree with suddenly they are liars. Admit it you're just a partisan hack with no honor or honesty. But thanks for admitting the commies will put politics above what they believe to be good policy.

If Hillary Clinton's foreign policy decisions please you so much, why don't you praise her more often?

Is that because of that partisan hackery thing you guys are always going on about?

You're assuming I agreed with the policies of GW, we could have forced the surrender of Iraq without all the destruction of their infrastructure. But that kind of action take patients, something Americans lack. I just simply pointed out that the authorization for use of force was bipartisan, something you lefties seem to have selectively forgotten.

Alrighty. You have my curiosity. How exactly would we have forced a surrender without attacking?

Conservatives were cheering with amusement when Michele Obama had to back out of speaking at a high school commencement a few weeks ago because the students didn't want her there.

A white conservative that cheers, supports, and agrees with Condi Rice, Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and Allen West, is considered racist because he disagrees with Obama, yet Liberals who support Obama and disagree with Rice, Carson, Cain, and West.....that is somehow NOT racist??

A white conservative that cheers, supports, and agrees with Condi Rice, Ben Carson, Herman Cain, and Allen West, is considered racist because he disagrees with Obama, yet Liberals who support Obama and disagree with Rice, Carson, Cain, and West.....that is somehow NOT racist??

Retarded. Dumbest train of thought possible.

I wouldn't want a war criminal held up as a positive example for my child.

Good for Rutgers!

Liberals are closed minded, uneducated scum...oh yeah, racists too for attacking a black woman.

Dr. Rice is a war criminal in international law. She played a key role in launching a war that contravenes the United Nations charter, which requires that use of force against another country come either in self-defense after an attack or be authorized by the United Nations Security Council (as was the case with the Gulf War, Afghanistan and Libya). Even if one took seriously the “responsibility to protect,” which some feel justifies a humanitarian intervention to stop an ongoing genocide, there was no massive humanitarian crisis in 2002 in Iraq that justified a foreign invasion. Nor did any large international organization back the war in Iraq– even the US’s NATO allies were almost universally opposed (excepting the UK and some recent Eastern European additions, who also cooperated with Bush’s torture program).

Not only did she back an illegal invasion and occupation, she did so on the basis of a set of falsehoods. She retailed 56 distinct falsehoods to the American people. She warned that we do not want the smoking gun for Iraq’s (non-existent) nuclear weapons program to be a mushroom cloud, a piece of war propaganda that would have caused Goebbels’ heart to swell with pride. As then Rep. Robert Wexler argued, Rice had at hand intelligence that contradicted her talking points, but always made a forceful case for war. She even had the US public convinced that poor, weak, ramshackle Iraq, lacking a navy or air force and under severe economic sanctions for a decade, posed an existential threat to the United States.

Rice’s actions established a precedent that has been cited by Vladimir Putin for his intervention in the Ukraine, and so contributed to a profound weakening and deterioration of the framework of international legality that the post-World War II generation, including Dwight Eisenhower, attempted to erect.

LINK

You hate black women, racist. :eusa_whistle:

Dr. Rice is a war criminal in international law. She played a key role in launching a war that contravenes the United Nations charter, which requires that use of force against another country come either in self-defense after an attack or be authorized by the United Nations Security Council (as was the case with the Gulf War, Afghanistan and Libya). Even if one took seriously the “responsibility to protect,” which some feel justifies a humanitarian intervention to stop an ongoing genocide, there was no massive humanitarian crisis in 2002 in Iraq that justified a foreign invasion. Nor did any large international organization back the war in Iraq– even the US’s NATO allies were almost universally opposed (excepting the UK and some recent Eastern European additions, who also cooperated with Bush’s torture program).

Not only did she back an illegal invasion and occupation, she did so on the basis of a set of falsehoods. She retailed 56 distinct falsehoods to the American people. She warned that we do not want the smoking gun for Iraq’s (non-existent) nuclear weapons program to be a mushroom cloud, a piece of war propaganda that would have caused Goebbels’ heart to swell with pride. As then Rep. Robert Wexler argued, Rice had at hand intelligence that contradicted her talking points, but always made a forceful case for war. She even had the US public convinced that poor, weak, ramshackle Iraq, lacking a navy or air force and under severe economic sanctions for a decade, posed an existential threat to the United States.

Rice’s actions established a precedent that has been cited by Vladimir Putin for his intervention in the Ukraine, and so contributed to a profound weakening and deterioration of the framework of international legality that the post-World War II generation, including Dwight Eisenhower, attempted to erect.

LINK

Speaking at commencements is not a right. They don't like her or her actions. Let's mush on.

I remember when universities where proud of their intellectual diversity, now they are afraid of opinions that do not line up with theirs. That says a lot more about the state of education in this country than anything I can say, and explains why I have nothing but contempt for the entire system.

Speaking at commencements is not a right. They don't like her or her actions. Let's mush on.

I remember when universities where proud of their intellectual diversity, now they are afraid of opinions that do not line up with theirs. That says a lot more about the state of education in this country than anything I can say, and explains why I have nothing but contempt for the entire system.

Rice is a professor at Stanford.

Your point is thus retarded.

Thus making Retarded U of NJ look worse.

Stanford professor not wanted by dumb kids in New Joisey.

Thus making Retarded U of NJ look worse.

Stanford professor not wanted by dumb kids in New Joisey.

Who are you?

You want some attention? Go ahead...say something interesting.

Forum List

Back