Liberals, let's make a deal - Guns & Abortion

Yet another point you missed. I guess you don't get tired of not grasping discussions.

I get your point. Yours is a black and white world. So you offer up a right wing sacred cow in exchange for a left wing sacred cow.

Politically, the idea is cyanide for conservatives since you're not only alienating women but anyone who has more than one issue outside of gun rights.

I guess you dont get tired of losing general elections.

The point is actually that you don't get the point. So by not getting the point, you proved my point.BTW, I'm pro-choice. You're completely and utterly clueless.

Yeah; 332-206 mainly due to the women's vote. There's a clue for you

I get your point. Yours is a black and white world. So you offer up a right wing sacred cow in exchange for a left wing sacred cow.

Politically, the idea is cyanide for conservatives since you're not only alienating women but anyone who has more than one issue outside of gun rights.

I guess you dont get tired of losing general elections.

The point is actually that you don't get the point. So by not getting the point, you proved my point.BTW, I'm pro-choice. You're completely and utterly clueless.

Yeah; 332-206 mainly due to the women's vote. There's a clue for you

Wow. You are seriously clueless. Another factoid that has nothing to do with the point at all.

Obviously you didn't think this through.

Well liberals say that guns kill, well so does abortion. Whats the difference?
No one has ever held up a liquor store with an abortion. No one has walked into a school and killed scores of victims with saline solution.

There is NO correlation between gun violence and reproductive freedom.

Obviously you didn't think this through.

No one has ever held up a liquor store with an abortion. No one has walked into a school and killed scores of victims with saline solution.

There is NO correlation between gun violence and reproductive freedom.

Right...abortion is 99% lethal and every victim is innocent.

Criminal gun violence is only 20% lethal and in many circumstances it's one thug killing another thug in the inner city.

But the correlation is that innocent lives are being take by murderers.

Last edited:
The Constitution was written by government. Everything in it in regards to rights was granted by the government.

written by government to protect the citizens from government. see the founders knew what government was capable of. the ydisrupted their lives, left their homes and came to a new world to escape that. their intent ws to protect future generations from the persecution by government they experienced. the same persecution by government our government is trying to inflict on us today. the same persecution you liberals are willing to allow them to inflict on us, as long as they are democrats

They were representatives of the States they lived in who were sent to create a Federal government which was limited in power to protect the citizens of their State from tyranny. It didn't work.

No. They came together to create a constitution that gave us a more powerful federal government because the Articles of Confederation were failing.

written by government to protect the citizens from government. see the founders knew what government was capable of. the ydisrupted their lives, left their homes and came to a new world to escape that. their intent ws to protect future generations from the persecution by government they experienced. the same persecution by government our government is trying to inflict on us today. the same persecution you liberals are willing to allow them to inflict on us, as long as they are democrats

They were representatives of the States they lived in who were sent to create a Federal government which was limited in power to protect the citizens of their State from tyranny. It didn't work.

No. They came together to create a constitution that gave us a more powerful federal government because the Articles of Confederation were failing.

Gotcha, that's why they went around talking about government and how to soup that baby up.

No need to go to the personal insults, if you have a differing opinion, discuss it without insult. The comparision is a fair comparision.
So, abortion is a "Constitutional right." Guns are in the Bill of Rights. So, let's apply things that are hunky dory for you with guns to abortion.

- Let's heavily tax abortions
- Let's make people apply for a permit from government to get one
- Let's let government deny the right to get one to people who are unstable in any way and can't rationally make the choice for themselves.
- Let's allow cities and States who don't want them to just ban them outright.

So what do you say? Can all Constitutional rights be subject to your rules on guns?

The Supreme Court ruled that cities can't ban guns outright. Why in the FUCK would you compare abortion rights to gun rights and then want abortions to be able to be banned at the state level,

and not guns?

btw, you idiot, some abortions can be banned at the state level. Will you accept that for guns too?

The comparison is idiocy.

Why would you deny a female felon an abortion?

Gotcha, that's why they went around talking about government and how to soup that baby up.

If you want to attempt a coherent argument that the Constitution was not written intentionally to create a much more powerful central federal government than existed under the Articles,

by all means, go ahead.

Otherwise, I'm right and you're wrong, as always.

No need to go to the personal insults, if you have a differing opinion, discuss it without insult. The comparision is a fair comparision.
The Supreme Court ruled that cities can't ban guns outright. Why in the FUCK would you compare abortion rights to gun rights and then want abortions to be able to be banned at the state level,

and not guns?

btw, you idiot, some abortions can be banned at the state level. Will you accept that for guns too?

The comparison is idiocy.

Why would you deny a female felon an abortion?

That has nothing to do with this thread. The point is liberal hypocrisy. All Constitutional rights are equal, it's just that some are more equal than others. You insist on demonstration the truth of the point I was making.

While we're both pro-choice, I don't have to play the games you do because I am consistent. You have to either ignore or not grasp your hypocrisy because you are not consistent. When you like the Constitution, it's a sledge hammer. When you don't like it, it's toilet paper. End of timeout, proceed with not getting it.

If you want to attempt a coherent argument that the Constitution was not written intentionally to create a much more powerful central federal government than existed under the Articles,

by all means, go ahead.

That the Constitution is more powerful than the Articles of Confederation doesn't contradict anything I've ever said. No shit Dick Tracey. The Constitution was designed to create a strictly limited government. That replaces the Articles of Confederation which the central government had nearly no power at all.

But that the intended Constitutional Government was greater than the Confederation government in no way supports your view that government power is unlimited. Authoritarian government is your ideology, but it's not supported by the Constitution.

by all means, go ahead.

That the Constitution is more powerful than the Articles of Confederation doesn't contradict anything I've ever said. No shit Dick Tracey. The Constitution was designed to create a strictly limited government. That replaces the Articles of Confederation which the central government had nearly no power at all.

But that the intended Constitutional Government was greater than the Confederation government in no way supports your view that government power is unlimited. Authoritarian government is your ideology, but it's not supported by the Constitution.

Where in the constitution does it require a strictly limited government or attempt to restrict how large government can be?

by all means, go ahead.

Where in the constitution does it require a strictly limited government or attempt to restrict how large government can be?

The ninth and tenth amendments to start. Do you know what those say, big guy?

by all means, go ahead.

Why would you lie about what I believe? What is the point of that?

But they don't consider a fetus a living human until they're born. THAT'S the difference to liberals.

That's not the point of this thread though.

The point of this thread is that they argue with guns that even though it's in the bill of rights, government can tax and regulate it to death.

Abortion, which they also believe is a Constitutional right, they believe government cannot put any restrictions on at all because it's a Constitutional right.

This thread's simple point is to point out their hypocrisy. And true to their nature, they keep blasting me with, duh, dar, I don't get it.

It does make me just laugh though how they are constantly claiming to be the intelligent party. Just another example of how completely clueless they are.

Who, exactly, says that abortion cannot be restricted AT ALL because it's a constitutional right?

You're just making up strawmen out of thin air.

The tenth amendment only allows states the right to do whatever the Constitution doesn't prohibit them from doing.

The Constitution was written by government. Everything in it in regards to rights was granted by the government.
Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
On flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
And audit us our trespasses,
As we file suit against those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into liberty,
But deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
And the power, and the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

The Constitution was written by men. The same men who wrote in the Declaration of Independence:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.​

People are born with rights. Government's job is to protect them, not grant them.

You understand nothing about the Constitution.

Yes women were born with the right to have an abortion. The Supreme Court has now affirmed that,

in other words, the government is doing its job to protect the right to an abortion.
Unsurprisingly, you missed the point.

Government doesn't grant rights, as you so wrongly claimed. Government protects rights.

Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
On flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
And audit us our trespasses,
As we file suit against those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into liberty,
But deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
And the power, and the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

The Constitution was written by men. The same men who wrote in the Declaration of Independence:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.​

People are born with rights. Government's job is to protect them, not grant them.

You understand nothing about the Constitution.

Did the Creator provide us with a list of our unalienable rights?
All hail Government, the great and powerful!!

Here's a little hint for you:

If someone's rights are being oppressed somewhere, it's government doing the oppression.

Contrary to progressive non-thought, government is not benevolent.

Oh, so THAT'S why they fought the Revolution -- the Crown was letting them have TOO MUCH liberty!

The tenth amendment only allows states the right to do whatever the Constitution doesn't prohibit them from doing.

The 10th amendment limits "State" rights?

:doubt:

Just so you know in the future, every post I reply to you going forward is going to not be serious. You just don't comprehend anything.

The 10th amendment limits "State" rights?

:doubt:

Just so you know in the future, every post I reply to you going forward is going to not be serious. You just don't comprehend anything.

The Tenth Amendment defines what rights a state has, and what rights a state doesn't have.

Yes, it does limit states' rights.

What do you think the words 'prohibited' and 'delegated' are in there for?

Oh, and fyi, the above is not a rhetorical question, since it appears you do not know what those words are in there for,

so you can answer the question and prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back