Liberals, let's make a deal - Guns & Abortion

Our Government in D.C.,
Hallowed be thy name.
Thy nanny state come
Thy mandate be done
On flyover country as it is in the coasts.
Give us this month our monthly check,
And audit us our trespasses,
As we file suit against those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into liberty,
But deliver us from ourselves.
For thine is the oligarchy,
And the power, and the glory,
Forever and ever.
Amen.

The Constitution was written by men. The same men who wrote in the Declaration of Independence:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.​

People are born with rights. Government's job is to protect them, not grant them.

You understand nothing about the Constitution.

Yes women were born with the right to have an abortion. The Supreme Court has now affirmed that,

in other words, the government is doing its job to protect the right to an abortion.
Unsurprisingly, you missed the point.

Government doesn't grant rights, as you so wrongly claimed. Government protects rights.

Question:

Is abortion a God given right? Our government protects that right.

Does it exist as an endowment from our Creator, whether or not the government protects it?

Yes women were born with the right to have an abortion. The Supreme Court has now affirmed that,

in other words, the government is doing its job to protect the right to an abortion.

Government doesn't grant rights, as you so wrongly claimed. Government protects rights.

Question:

Does it exist as an endowment from our Creator, whether or not the government protects it?
You should probably ask someone who believes it's a right.

Question:

It's protected as a right by our government. You say above that our government doesn't grant rights,

it protects them.

Therefore, by your own reasoning and argument, abortion must exist as a God given right,

because rights aren't granted.

Question:

Are you the Creator? I thought the Creator endowed us with our rights.

Obviously you didn't think this through.

Well liberals say that guns kill, well so does abortion. Whats the difference?
No one has ever held up a liquor store with an abortion. No one has walked into a school and killed scores of victims with saline solution.

There is NO correlation between gun violence and reproductive freedom.

Abortion has also killed scores of victims...innocent ones!

So, abortion is a "Constitutional right." Guns are in the Bill of Rights. So, let's apply things that are hunky dory for you with guns to abortion.

- Let's heavily tax abortions
- Let's make people apply for a permit from government to get one
- Let's let government deny the right to get one to people who are unstable in any way and can't rationally make the choice for themselves.
- Let's allow cities and States who don't want them to just ban them outright.

So what do you say? Can all Constitutional rights be subject to your rules on guns?

No deal. Instead, let's let the younger more liberal generation of Americans take over, and in 25 years or so, guns will be heavily regulated, and abortion will be legal and paid for by our national healthcare system. I'm willing to wait. Time is on the side of liberals.

If we were to have liberals have their way and allow entitlements (like healthcare) paid for by our government, our nation's economy and debt would be on the pathway of Greece not too much longer after that.

Last edited:
So, abortion is a "Constitutional right." Guns are in the Bill of Rights. So, let's apply things that are hunky dory for you with guns to abortion.

- Let's let government deny the right to get one to people who are unstable in any way and can't rationally make the choice for themselves.

So what do you say? Can all Constitutional rights be subject to your rules on guns?

No deal. Instead, let's let the younger more liberal generation of Americans take over, and in 25 years or so, guns will be heavily regulated, and abortion will be legal and paid for by our national healthcare system. I'm willing to wait. Time is on the side of liberals.

If we were to have liberals have their way and allow entitlements (like healthcare) paid for by our government, our nation's economy and debt would be on the pathway of Greece not too much longer after that.

I think we're already well down that path.

Nonsense.

Just as it’s idiocy to compare guns and abortion, so too is it idiocy to compare the economy of the United States with that of Greece.

And liberals have ‘had their way,’ that’s why America is the great Nation it is today, and why we enjoy a just and civil society.

Question:

It's protected as a right by our government. You say above that our government doesn't grant rights,

it protects them.

Therefore, by your own reasoning and argument, abortion must exist as a God given right,

because rights aren't granted.

You're really not very good at this, are you? :lol:

Factions of our government at one time perverted the Constitution to invent a right that wasn't there before.

Question:

Are you the Creator?
No. I am not a progressive, believing myself the highest power in the universe.
I thought the Creator endowed us with our rights.
The Founding Fathers believed so. You can tell because they wrote it down.

Kaz, you can represent only yourself on the deal.

murder in utero is NOT a constituational "right" no matter what leftards lie.

Well according to the Supreme Court one does have the right to obtain an abortion. Roe v Wade was also a 7-2 majority. With five republican appointed justices voting in favor.
What is a constitutional right, is the right to privacy which gives the woman the right to make a decision with her doctor etc..
A Nixon appointee also wrote the majority opinion.
So yes, thanks to five republican appointed justices women have the right to make private decision on what they do with their body.

Not surprised a big government conservative doesn't agree.

This country also didn't approve of allowing same sex relationships at one point, that view is now changing through the courts through acceptance in society. The perception towards an unborn life is also changing in the United States, as the courts can always change their view towards abortion as well ... with regard to the Constitutional right to life.

The difference being abortion laws affect no one but the person having the abortion, Gun laws affect "everyone"

Irrelevant to the question unless you're arguing some Constitutional rights are more important to others regarding the law. The question is to liberals who believe abortion is a Constitutional right and guns are actually in the Bill of Rights. Yet they are in favor of severely restricting guns, and I'm showing by their non-responsive answers that they aren't OK with that for rights they support.

I am consistent. I am pro-choice, but I consider making up Constitutional rights to be more dangerous than not because what the government can grant, it can take away.

The Constitution was written by government. Everything in it in regards to rights was granted by the government.

The Constitution was written to regulate government and to dictate separation of powers between each of the three branches, answering to the power of the people.

Are you the Creator?

So where and when did your Creator himself tell you what our rights were?

You're claiming abortion is not a God given right. Did God tell you that?

Are you the Creator?

I believe the Bible DOES say "thou shall not kill", what more proof do you need than that?

Nonsense.

Just as it’s idiocy to compare guns and abortion, so too is it idiocy to compare the economy of the United States with that of Greece.

And liberals have ‘had their way,’ that’s why America is the great Nation it is today, and why we enjoy a just and civil society.

In your typical shallow reading of the op, you completely whiffed on the point.

It's not comparing abortion to guns, it's comparing one Constitutional right to another. I mean duh. What about addressing the point instead of pontificating on liberal talking points?

Are you the Creator?

I feel no obligation to defend claims I never made.

But you just keep knocking down that straw man. Makes you look tough. Chicks dig that.

Well, not really. :lol:
Do you think God would agree with killing His most innocent creations?

Do you think at all?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back