Liberals, what has Trump lied about?

I've never been sure if the way Trump communicates fully qualifies as "lying".

I've known a couple of people like him personally. They all communicate essentially in hyperbole, and they seem to do it so often that they may not even realize it. It's as if - and this is not a stretch - they have over time detached themselves from reality and will think that what they're saying is perfectly fine.

In other words, the fact that what they're saying isn't true may not even occur to them, or it does an instant and is subconsciously whisked away before it leaves a mark.

He probably knows sometimes, but I don't think he always does.

can you name one politician who does not use political hyperbole to make a point? Can you name one that has never lied. This is a red herring, the libs know it, but its their only herring so they keep eating it even after it spoils.
All politicians lie; but none have lied with almost every breath they’ve taken, like Trump has done.

But he’s doing Democrats a favor. Never again can the right bitch when a Democrat gets caught in a lie.

"with every breath" you are an idiot.
Fucking idiot... if you’re gonna quote me, don’t alter my quote.

There you are defending Tramp again, by giving the pathological liar the benefit of SOME doubt!

Well, unless he is LYING about how "smart" a "stable genius" he is, then Donnie Dirt Bag is smart enough to know he is lying!!!

"I always told people, you know I'm a very smart guy.
- Donald Jackass Tramp
I give everyone the benefit of some doubt.

Even people like you.

I'd think that's what decent people do.
Truly decent people know when there is no doubt left, and at that point stop making excuses for Sociopathic Liars!!!!!

so you will no longer be making excuses for Hillary? Good for you.
But, but, but Hillary.
Has Hillary lied 15 times per day, or 103 lies per week?

well then, lets impeach her !

oh yeah- Trump is the potus ... the lying bastard potus.

I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Bleev me. Bleev me. Bleev me, folks." - Donald Trump, August 8, 2016

an exaggeration is not a lie. come on, is that all you have?

No, it is an exaggerated LIE!

did you really think he meant that he would never play golf during his terms???? really???? are you that dumb???

So you are admitting he lied.
Thank you.

everyone lies, especially politicians.

Bullshit.

Who lies like Trump? Blatantly, repeatedly, daily, unapologetically?

Whenever Trump supporters revert to the cop out excuse of "all politicians lie"

I am forced to remind them -- Didn't you guys claim Trump wasn't a politician??

You-know-you-thbuyx.jpg

Nah, that’s not a slip — this is....

We register them as Democrats and hand them ObamaPhones as they cross over.
Illegal Aliens do not vote,. More lies from the dumbass Trumpettes.

What!? The media lies?
Jerry Brown Signs Automatic Voter Registration In California | HuffPost

California Law Will Automatically Register Drivers to Vote
Dayam, are you stooped... That’s for citizens.

Yeah, that's what we need, someone at the DMV making decisions.
Stooped poster ^^^ doubles down on stooped.

Imbecile, there’s no one at the DMV making decisions on this matter. Exactly what do you think the word, ”automatic,” means??
icon_rolleyes.gif

You do realize that non-citizen licenses are different, right?

In the great Documentary on Showtime "The Fourth Estate"... the NYT editor makes the point of why they can't call every single lie a "lie" (much to the chagrin of some readers), because then the word "lie" would lose its meaning.

If every factually untrue statement by Trump were called a lie, we would become numb to the word "lie", thus reporters try to use a variety of terms depending on context. But his supporters are already conditioned to ignore critical fact-checking of Trump. So, what's the point, really?

Also, if Trump is misinformed and/or confused because of his early dementia, then some of his false/incoherent statement technically are not lies. Brain farts. Diarrhea or the mouth. But not always intentional distortion of truth. Just the dumb bigoted uncle ranting in the corner.

Several left-leaning pundits have come out recently and said that their calling every GOP President a racist and a Nazi has lead to the word "racist" losing its meaning and power over the last two decades. They admitted to their own overuse of the term "racist" and how that lead to an equal and opposite reaction from the right. Now the far-right/alt-right nationalists can mock and degrade the correct use of the term.

what matters is whether the lies affect us like this one "if you like your plan you can keep it"
Except that wasn't a lie, as you well know!!!

Obama made sure there was a grandfather clause in the PPACA for retention of ALL the old plans. Capitalistic GREED caused the INSURANCE COMPANIES to cancel the old plans, not Obama or the PPACA, but the Right can never admit the failings of Capitalism, so they blame those they hate most!!
But you knew that already.

I honestly believe RW's are too stupid to understand what grandfathered means.
Those in appalachia have a different meaning for "Grandfathered".

One of my favourites;
He promised to set up a special prosecutor to "Lock Her Up" but then, at one of his ego rallies, telling his confused supporters when they started up the chant..."That plays great before the election -- now we don't care, right?"

Dayam, are you stooped... That’s for citizens.

Yeah, that's what we need, someone at the DMV making decisions.
Stooped poster ^^^ doubles down on stooped.

Imbecile, there’s no one at the DMV making decisions on this matter. Exactly what do you think the word, ”automatic,” means??
icon_rolleyes.gif

You do realize that non-citizen licenses are different, right?
Why are you telling me? I’m the one trying to educate the dumbass conservative.

In the great Documentary on Showtime "The Fourth Estate"... the NYT editor makes the point of why they can't call every single lie a "lie" (much to the chagrin of some readers), because then the word "lie" would lose its meaning.

If every factually untrue statement by Trump were called a lie, we would become numb to the word "lie", thus reporters try to use a variety of terms depending on context. But his supporters are already conditioned to ignore critical fact-checking of Trump. So, what's the point, really?

Also, if Trump is misinformed and/or confused because of his early dementia, then some of his false/incoherent statement technically are not lies. Brain farts. Diarrhea or the mouth. But not always intentional distortion of truth. Just the dumb bigoted uncle ranting in the corner.

Several left-leaning pundits have come out recently and said that their calling every GOP President a racist and a Nazi has lead to the word "racist" losing its meaning and power over the last two decades. They admitted to their own overuse of the term "racist" and how that lead to an equal and opposite reaction from the right. Now the far-right/alt-right nationalists can mock and degrade the correct use of the term.
Yea, its better to normalize the precedent Trump is setting and hopefully things will get better if we just get use to it.

I am just joking, only thing that is going to happen is whenever there is a Democrat in the WH again -- partisan hacks will bend over backwards to claim that person is lying more than Trump -- while at the same time claiming Trump never lied --- these people are depraved

I was referring to actions and inactions of liberals. They obstruct enforcement of immigration law. That action alone indicates support for open borders.
Well how else are we gonna get millions of illegal aliens voting if we don’t let ‘em in? :dunno:

I dunno, there will be a lot of idiot liberals that will be upset you let that one slip out.
Nah, that’s not a slip — this is....

We register them as Democrats and hand them ObamaPhones as they cross over.
Illegal Aliens do not vote,. More lies from the dumbass Trumpettes.

What!? The media lies?
Jerry Brown Signs Automatic Voter Registration In California | HuffPost

California Law Will Automatically Register Drivers to Vote

You failed to show any illegals voting

Show us just one

Mexico will pay for the wall, not with a check, but indirectly through balancing trade and tariffs. He never said that mexico would send money to the contractors building the wall.

There is a difference between political rhetoric (mostly designed to spin up gullible liberals) and lying.

here are some actual lies:

"we landed under sniper fire"
"if you like your plan you can keep it"
"I never had sex with that woman, miss Lewinsky"
"I did not send classified data on my private server"
"Hillary cannot lose this election"
"Trump has no path to 270 EC votes"
"Russia caused Hillary to lose"
"Comey caused Hillary to lose"

There was the thread of sniper fire.

There was a grandfather clause in the ACA that said insurance companies could continue to offer policies in effect at the time of the bill's signing. If your policy was cancelled, it was not the ACA.

Clinton never fuicked Monica,. Having sex means fucking.

As to the emails, you lied & left out :"properly marked" Asshole.

It is a fact that Russia meddled in the election in the favor of Trump

Comey reopening the investigation within a couple weeks of the election was a major factor.

A lie is a fucking lie even if your fat assed orange buddy said it ti rile up assholes like you.

Trump is the worst liar ever.

there was no threat of sniper fire, the video of the event clearly shows that

bullshit, obozo lied

a BJ is a form of sex. ejaculating on her dress is a form of sex

a document does not have to be marked classified in order to BE classified, the content makes in classified, not the markings

what exactly did Russia do? which votes in which states did Russia change?

Comey told the truth about crooked Hillary, she would have fired him if she won

I understand that you don't like Trump, but you destroy your arguments with the vile comments and hate, that's why you guys continue to lose.. You offer the voters nothing except hate of Trump, didn't work in 16 and wont work in 20
Prior to arriving, Hillary was briefed on the threat of sniper fire and precautions were taken to protect her

That has been confirmed

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.
“Between 3 million and 5 million illegal votes caused me to lose the popular vote.”

probably an exaggeration, no one knows how many illegals voted in California.
There is no proof of any illegals voting....Trump lied

I've known a couple of people like him personally. They all communicate essentially in hyperbole, and they seem to do it so often that they may not even realize it. It's as if - and this is not a stretch - they have over time detached themselves from reality and will think that what they're saying is perfectly fine.

In other words, the fact that what they're saying isn't true may not even occur to them, or it does an instant and is subconsciously whisked away before it leaves a mark.

Trump speaks in hyperbole. Everything is the best, greatest, biggest

But when he is informed that what he said is not true

No Mr President, you did not have the biggest innauguaration crowd
No Mr President, you did not have the biggest election victory in fifty years
No Mr President, there were not Muslims dancing in the streets of NJ on 9-11

He not only repeats the lie, but insists his staff repeat it

That is blatant lying.....not exaggeration

Maybe, I don't know.

I would be fascinated to know how well he would do in a polygraph test if you asked him those three specific questions. I wonder if he would say he was being honest when he said those things, and passed the test.

Seriously.

I don't believe a word he says, but I can't say that I'm sure what's going on in his head.

Maybe, I don't know.

I would be fascinated to know how well he would do in a polygraph test if you asked him those three specific questions. I wonder if he would say he was being honest when he said those things, and passed the test.

Seriously.

I don't believe a word he says, but I can't say that I'm sure what's going on in his head.

I think much of what he believes to be true is not
He gets his information from untrustworthy sources and repeats it without question

But when provided with the actual facts......he sticks to his guns and repeats the lie

Maybe, I don't know.

Seriously.

He gets his information from untrustworthy sources and repeats it without question

But when provided with the actual facts......he sticks to his guns and repeats the lie
Could be. I'd say probable. I'm just saying that studies on the subconscious have indicated that people with certain intellectual, uh, conditions can literally talk themselves into some pretty amazing things, almost instantaneously. They compartmentalize unwelcome facts into a little box, pick up, carry it out back, and throw into the garbage can. Their alternate preferred reality simply replaces what they would otherwise know to be true. Therefore, they can be perfectly sincere when they say something that is just, nuts.

That fact is actually what got me so fascinated in the psychology of partisanship a few years back.

Maybe, I don't know.

Seriously.

Could be. I'd say probable. I'm just saying that studies on the subconscious have indicated that people with certain intellectual, uh, conditions can literally talk themselves into some pretty amazing things, almost instantaneously. They compartmentalize unwelcome facts into a little box, pick up, carry it out back, and throw into the garbage can. Their alternate preferred reality simply replaces what they would otherwise know to be true. Therefore, they can be perfectly sincere when they say something that is just, nuts.

That fact is actually what got me so fascinated in the psychology of partisanship a few years back.
Problem is....the man is President

Maybe, I don't know.

Seriously.

Problem is....the man is President
Well, fuck yes.

Not what I wanted.

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.
I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Bleev me. Bleev me. Bleev me, folks." - Donald Trump, August 8, 2016

G, we get it...we didn't think he would never play golf, he owns courses, he sponsers events.....the difference was he has been working hard to pass legislation and fight the democrats, media and anti trump republicans. you may hate the guy, but he doesn't come close to taking vacations like Obama, and no Mar O Largo is not a vacation...he still works there.

Please tell me you didn't type this with a straight fucking face! He plays golf EVERY fucking weekend, and, even had a classified conference call in PUBLIC at Mar-A-Lago! He VACATIONS there EVERY chance he gets and even when he is in DC, doesn't fucking work! GOD! Some of you are so pathetic to believe this fat fucker, who could not care less if you were starving as long as you cast a vote for him! And you go out of your way to suck his shriveled up dick and then beg for more. He could shit in your mouth and tell you it was tapioca and you would believe him!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back