Liberals, what has Trump lied about?

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.
“We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world”

in terms of the corporate tax rate, 100% correct. He should have clarified his comment
Trump has told that lie MULTIPLE times. Not just once.

Over and over and over he lies.

Stop drinking his piss. You look like a fool.

And they also suck his shriveled up dick and beg for more.

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies.

If you're old enough to remember the Bush years, liberals pretty much said the same thing about him. Everything he ever uttered was a LIE.

Quick question: why doesn't anyone ever go into all the "lies" Trump tells? I know there are lists out there that say stuff like "Trump has told 3,081 lies since he took office", but I can tell you now that's bullshit. If you bean count every inaccurate statement he or someone in his administration makes, you may be able to find a myriad of untruths, but 1) that's petty, 2) that's "cheating" (I'll explain in a second), and 3) those aren't necessarily lies.

Let's be clear about a lie is, because words have meaning. A lie is when you knowingly state a falsehood as a statement of fact. A lie isn't simply when you get something wrong or when you're mistaken about something or even when you're wrong about something you "should" know.

It's cute for news organizations to act as though they're keeping Trump honest by pointing out his lies. In theory, that's what the Fourth Estate is for: keeping honest those in power. But they know, like we know, like Trump knows, most people aren't hanging on to every word or assertion he makes and then filing away whether it was factually correct or not.

One could argue that the truth always matters, but it's not always relevant. People care whether Trump intends on trying to build a wall; they don't care about whether Trump was right when he said Washington Post journalists want to strike unless Jeff Bezos pays them more.

It's easy to ding Trump and his administration for lies when they often have to address questions off the cuff or before all the facts are known, while reporters can sit around and Google and "fact-check" all day and score points that way. And I think the media is making the same mistake they've always made with Trump: they don't take him seriously, but insist on taking him literally. Because why would Trump say one thing to the press on Tuesday, and say the exact opposite on Wednesday? Like, on a habitual basis? Either he's trolling, he speaks off the cuff about subjects he hasn't really thought through, or people looking to catch him in a lie are trying to find an inconsistency where there really is none.

Liberals, tell me some important Trump "lies". And fair warning: I'm thorough. So if you think you're going to go copypasta some list you found on fuckdrumpf.com and think I'm not going to fact-check it or call you out when it's bullshit, think again.
I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Bleev me. Bleev me. Bleev me, folks." - Donald Trump, August 8, 2016

an exaggeration is not a lie. come on, is that all you have?

It's a lie. A lie is a lie is a lie.

Period.

He's already shattered Obama's record for golfing. He and you and people like you used to regularly attack Obama for golfing.

You and Trump have all been exposed as hypocrites. Which is even worse than lying.

Are you really so dumb that you think that comment meant he would never play golf during his terms?

geez dude, grow up.

HE said he wouldn't! Are you that stupid?

Link

“Make no mistake,” the president said at one point, “this is a repeal and a replace of Obamacare, make no mistake about it. Make no mistake.”

“We’re the highest-taxed nation in the world”

in terms of the corporate tax rate, 100% correct. He should have clarified his comment
Trump has told that lie MULTIPLE times. Not just once.

Over and over and over he lies.

Stop drinking his piss. You look like a fool.

I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf. Bleev me. Bleev me. Bleev me, folks." - Donald Trump, August 8, 2016

It's a lie. A lie is a lie is a lie.

Period.

He's already shattered Obama's record for golfing. He and you and people like you used to regularly attack Obama for golfing.

You and Trump have all been exposed as hypocrites. Which is even worse than lying.

Are you really so dumb that you think that comment meant he would never play golf during his terms?

geez dude, grow up.

and no Mar O Largo is not a vacation...he still works there.

This is how ridiculous the right wing has become….

One of these men is working….the other is playing golf.

View attachment 201261

Frankly, I think Trump should play more golf; looks like the orange blob could use the exercise.
He only walks from the tee to the golf cart. His fat, obese ass couldn't walk to the next hole if his life depended on it.
Remember at last year's G-7 Summit when he had to ride in a golf cart instead of walking with the rest?
Also, look at the difference between Obama and that blob. When oh when will he have a coronary!!!

No, it is an exaggerated LIE!

did you really think he meant that he would never play golf during his terms???? really???? are you that dumb???

Every fucking weekend?

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies..

You know there are lists publicly available.

But shall we start with Trump's 5 years of lying about President Obama's place of birth- as he tried to undermine the presidency of the United States?

One of liberals favorite things to say about Trump is that all he does is lie. He lies, his administration lies, and then he lies some more. Lies, lies, lies..

More lies? Sure- a few more- just for giggles.

Trump:“The 13 Angry Democrats in charge of the Russian Witch Hunt are starting to find out that there is a Court System in place that actually protects people from injustice…and just wait ’till the Courts get to see your unrevealed Conflicts of Interest!”

Except of course- there are no 12 'angry Democrats'

Mueller is a Republican. The rest? Some have contributed to Democrats, some to Republicans- but we know that they aren't all Democrats- because Mueller is a long time Republican.

Trump just lies.

Trump lies to confuse his gullible followers about the facts.

Trump is the enemy of facts- which is why he spends so much time attacking the press.

Here's a fairly complete list.

Donald Trump has said 1726 false things as U.S. president

It's starts on inauguration day with "it looked like rain" and "even the media said the crowd was massive" and goes right on through to "Washington Post employees want to go on strike because Bezos isn’t paying them enough. I think a really long strike would be a great idea" which was said a couple.of days ago.

Enjoy, it's a looooong read.

Obama lied more. Go pound salt.
Got a list?
252 Documented Examples of Barack Obama’s Lying, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, etc.

The following is a contribution from Dan from Squirrel Hill. The original title of the article is “Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 252 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc.” it’s lengthy, but is a ‘one-stop shop’ for all the dirty details on the Obama presidency.

Fascinating.

Does it matter to you when Trump lies?

It's starts on inauguration day with "it looked like rain" and "even the media said the crowd was massive" and goes right on through to "Washington Post employees want to go on strike because Bezos isn’t paying them enough. I think a really long strike would be a great idea" which was said a couple.of days ago.

Got a list?
252 Documented Examples of Barack Obama’s Lying, Lawbreaking, Corruption, Cronyism, etc.

The following is a contribution from Dan from Squirrel Hill. The original title of the article is “Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 252 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc.” it’s lengthy, but is a ‘one-stop shop’ for all the dirty details on the Obama presidency.

Fascinating.

No, just like it didn't matter to me when Obama lied. I was just posting the same kind of shit that the butt-hurters post. Trump is President. Get over it.

Got a list?

Fascinating.

No, just like it didn't matter to me when Obama lied. I was just posting the same kind of shit that the butt-hurters post. Trump is President. Get over it.
Doesn’t justify his inability to tell the truth
Yes, he is our President, which means he is accountable for the actions that impact his credibility

He has none

Got a list?

Fascinating.

Yes, he is our President, which means he is accountable for the actions that impact his credibility

He has none
I don't think you are allowed to use the words "tRump" and "credibility" in the same sentence unless they are separated by the two words "has no".

Fascinating.

He has none
I don't think you are allowed to use the words "tRump" and "credibility" in the same sentence unless they are separated by the two words "has no".
Conservatives laugh off his lack of credibility

But it affects his dealings with Congress, the public and how foreign nations view us

Conservatives respond......who cares? We won

Fascinating.

He has none
Conservatives laugh off his lack of credibility

But it affects his dealings with Congress, the public and how foreign nations view us

Conservatives respond......who cares? We won
Which does not good for their credibility.

and no Mar O Largo is not a vacation...he still works there.

This is how ridiculous the right wing has become….

One of these men is working….the other is playing golf.

View attachment 201261

Frankly, I think Trump should play more golf; looks like the orange blob could use the exercise.
He only walks from the tee to the golf cart. His fat, obese ass couldn't walk to the next hole if his life depended on it.
Remember at last year's G-7 Summit when he had to ride in a golf cart instead of walking with the rest?
Also, look at the difference between Obama and that blob. When oh when will he have a coronary!!!

I don't wish anyone ill health.

The health of the nation would improve if he was no longer President...via legal/electoral means of course.

He lies so effing blatently where do you begin?

For example, when he gave that speech to the Boy Scout Jamboree, he claimed the head of the scouts called him personally and told him it was the greatest speech ever given to them.

Only problem is - he never called Trump.

Well how else are we gonna get millions of illegal aliens voting if we don’t let ‘em in? :dunno:

I dunno, there will be a lot of idiot liberals that will be upset you let that one slip out.
Nah, that’s not a slip — this is....

We register them as Democrats and hand them ObamaPhones as they cross over.
Illegal Aliens do not vote,. More lies from the dumbass Trumpettes.

What!? The media lies?
Jerry Brown Signs Automatic Voter Registration In California | HuffPost

California Law Will Automatically Register Drivers to Vote

You failed to show any illegals voting

Show us just one
th

th

th

upload_2018-6-26_19-37-14.jpeg

I dunno, there will be a lot of idiot liberals that will be upset you let that one slip out.
Nah, that’s not a slip — this is....

We register them as Democrats and hand them ObamaPhones as they cross over.
Illegal Aliens do not vote,. More lies from the dumbass Trumpettes.

What!? The media lies?
Jerry Brown Signs Automatic Voter Registration In California | HuffPost

California Law Will Automatically Register Drivers to Vote

You failed to show any illegals voting

Show us just one
th

th

th

View attachment 201350
A Wisconsin voter allegedly cast five ballots in the 2012 recall election that Gov. Scott Walker, R-Wis., survived, but the voter says he doesn't remember that day due to a temporary form of amnesia.

Robert Monroe, a 50-year-old health insurance executive, was charged last week with 13 felonies related to voter fraud, WisPolitics.com reported. Monroe was a supporter of Walker and Republican state Sen. Alberta Darling.

According to public records, Monroe told investigators he suffered from amnesia when confronted with the charges against him. In addition to voting multiple times in the 2012 recall election, Monroe allegedly voted twice in the presidential election. All told, WisPolitics.com reports, Monroe allegedly voted a dozen times in five elections in 2011 and 2012.

Monroe's case is one of the most significant alleged incidents of voter fraud in Wisconsin, where Republican lawmakers have attempted to implement stricter voter ID laws. The state's photo ID law was ruled unconstitutional in April.

Each of the 13 counts against Monroe carries a penalty of up to $10,000 in forefeitures and three-and-a-half years in prison, WisPolitics.com reported. Additionally, Monroe would lose his right to vote if he were convicted of a felony.
Scott Walker supporter claims amnesia in voter fraud case

The top elections official in Indiana was convicted of multiple charges in a voter fraud case on Saturday, bringing uncertainty to one of the state’s most powerful offices.
It was not immediately clear what would happen in the state office. Mr. White has resisted calls to resign by Democrats and fellow Republicans, including Gov. Mitch Daniels, but state law bars anyone convicted of a felony from remaining in office.
Indiana Secretary of State Convicted in Voter Fraud Case

I've never been sure if the way Trump communicates fully qualifies as "lying".

I've known a couple of people like him personally. They all communicate essentially in hyperbole, and they seem to do it so often that they may not even realize it. It's as if - and this is not a stretch - they have over time detached themselves from reality and will think that what they're saying is perfectly fine.

In other words, the fact that what they're saying isn't true may not even occur to them, or it does an instant and is subconsciously whisked away before it leaves a mark.

He probably knows sometimes, but I don't think he always does.
Trump speaks in hyperbole. Everything is the best, greatest, biggest

But when he is informed that what he said is not true

No Mr President, you did not have the biggest innauguaration crowd
No Mr President, you did not have the biggest election victory in fifty years
No Mr President, there were not Muslims dancing in the streets of NJ on 9-11

He not only repeats the lie, but insists his staff repeat it

That is blatant lying.....not exaggeration
Maybe, I don't know.

I would be fascinated to know how well he would do in a polygraph test if you asked him those three specific questions. I wonder if he would say he was being honest when he said those things, and passed the test.

Seriously.

I don't believe a word he says, but I can't say that I'm sure what's going on in his head.
Sociopathic liars like Donnie Dirt Bag would pass a lie detector test, but you knew that already because you have NO doubt that Tramp IS a sociopathic liar, you are just not honest enough to admit it.

I've never been sure if the way Trump communicates fully qualifies as "lying".

I've known a couple of people like him personally. They all communicate essentially in hyperbole, and they seem to do it so often that they may not even realize it. It's as if - and this is not a stretch - they have over time detached themselves from reality and will think that what they're saying is perfectly fine.

In other words, the fact that what they're saying isn't true may not even occur to them, or it does an instant and is subconsciously whisked away before it leaves a mark.

He probably knows sometimes, but I don't think he always does.
Trump speaks in hyperbole. Everything is the best, greatest, biggest

But when he is informed that what he said is not true

No Mr President, you did not have the biggest innauguaration crowd
No Mr President, you did not have the biggest election victory in fifty years
No Mr President, there were not Muslims dancing in the streets of NJ on 9-11

He not only repeats the lie, but insists his staff repeat it

That is blatant lying.....not exaggeration
Maybe, I don't know.

I would be fascinated to know how well he would do in a polygraph test if you asked him those three specific questions. I wonder if he would say he was being honest when he said those things, and passed the test.

Seriously.

I don't believe a word he says, but I can't say that I'm sure what's going on in his head.
Sociopathic liars like Donnie Dirt Bag would pass a lie detector test, but you knew that already because you have NO doubt that Tramp IS a sociopathic liar, you are just not honest enough to admit it.
Okay, thanks!

people with certain intellectual, uh, conditions can literally talk themselves into some pretty amazing things, almost instantaneously. They compartmentalize unwelcome facts into a little box, pick up, carry it out back, and throw into the garbage can. Their alternate preferred reality simply replaces what they would otherwise know to be true. Therefore, they can be perfectly sincere when they say something that is just, nuts.
But that isn't Donnie Dirt Bag, he is a sociopathic liar and he knows he is lying when he lies but doesn't care that he is lying.

Creating elaborate lies for their own gain with no care about who gets hurt is a hallmark of sociopathic lying. Sociopaths are compulsive pathological liars.

Sociopaths lie without conscience.

That means that they can look you right in the eye and lie to you and not show the usual markers that would give them away.

It also means that they don’t care about collateral damage.

They get their mind set on a goal and they will make up whatever they need to in their attempts to achieve their goal. It doesn’t matter what the consequences are to others as a result of their lies. It doesn’t matter if other adults get hurt and it doesn’t matter if children get hurt.

Forum List

Back