Lieberman is front-runner for FBI director: report

I like Lieberman, good man...

BY MAX GREENWOOD - 05/18/17 02:03 PM EDT

liebermanjoe_120316getty.jpg

Former Sen. Joe Lieberman has emerged as the likely pick to replace recently fired FBI Director James Comey, Politico reported Thursday.

Trump met with four candidates for the top law enforcement job on Wednesday, including Lieberman, and reportedly bonded with the former Democratic vice presidential candidate, Politico reported citing a person familiar with the meeting.

Trump told one adviser that he is hoping to announce his FBI director pick before he departs Friday on a nine-day trip abroad – his first overseas excursion since taking office in January.

What the hell for?

What in the wide world of blue fuck does Joe Liarman know about the science of investigation? Let alone basic honestly?

Okay wtf are Lieberman's qualifications for leading the FBI? I don't like the guy because he's a weasel back stabbing career politician. Lets get someone tough from LE to lead the FBI.

Well, here's one major issue with Lieberman - he works for one of Trump's law firms.

Didn't know that but nothing could be less surprising.

Imagine, Joe Liebermann of all creatures, branching out into the unexplored world of conflict of interest. (<< /heavy sarc)

I like Lieberman, but he's a politician not a law enforcement professional.

This is typical of Trump. He has no respect for professionals.

If he did he never would have run for President.

Lieberman is not an honest man. Appointing him would be a mistake.

Too old, surely there is a better choice out there

Okay wtf are Lieberman's qualifications for leading the FBI? I don't like the guy because he's a weasel back stabbing career politician. Lets get someone tough from LE to lead the FBI.

Holy shit, write down the date and call Guinness --- I agree with all of these posters. Even gave two of 'em a "winner". :eek:

Apparently it's unanimous. America says "no".

Nobody on the Hill was more for a US war with Iran than Joe. If the question is should the US engage in a war against an enemy of Israel, Joe is YES YES YES....

Trey Gowdy

He's already said he doesn't want the job.

I think Trey is ready to go to the private sector and earn some real money. As corrupt as DC is the FBI really needs a tough as nails no nonsense non partisan law man who's willing to hold these corrupt politicians accountable and clean up that town.

Forum List

Back