Limbaugh's weaker than water "apology"

The strength of the apology is an issue? I'm pretty sure Rush made the statement specifically to stop his organization's financial hemorrhaging. That means his apology had to be exactly as strong as was necessary for sponsors to stop jumping ship. I often disagree with Rush Limbaugh, but in this course of action I feel he was 100% correct (not necessarily in the initial slut statement, but in the apology).

This outrage from the left in the media is ridiculous. This sort of name calling to marginalize political opponents happens constantly in this country, and anybody who tries to associate it purely with one party or the other, or with left or right exclusively, is up their own ass.

On top of that, even this argument is more political subterfuge to win the topic by default by attacking the messenger. When Rush called homegirl a slut, he was attacking the messenger, granted. However, if you've actually listened to the quotes surrounding the conversation, he actually makes an argument about why her monologue was incorrect based on the merits of that argument. The slut thing really did seem like a shitty attempt at "humor" (it actually reminded me of someone who makes a half-joke about something that really angers them, and tries to hide a really ugly, divisive statement in humor so nobody gets too angry at them for firing it off). The sad fact is that sluts completely lacking in personal responsibility would be among the greatest beneficiaries of forcing everyone to pay for contraceptives.

All this said, I'm kinda pissed at Rush myself about this. In years past, the guy struck me as a Republican Koolaid drinker, the type that substitutes party line for intellectual consistency (and fuck me do the major political parties have a healthy supply of that sort of dickhead), and so I often found myself angry at what he was spouting. This time it's different. I actually agree with his position on the issue, and I don't agree that he was particularly, intellectually wrong for salting his argument with the slut commentary. He was still an idiot for doing it. The guy's been playing politics for fuckin decades and should've known that the vast majority of TV based media would be up in arms about this. Now he's opened himself up to retaliatory attack the messenger tactics and, for a lot of the neanderthals taking their cues from political organizations telling them what to think, this verbal slip is enough to compromise the validity of the entire argument.

Talk about straddling the fence. You either condemn what he said or you don't. And if you acknowledge it's wrong, you allow that a segment of the public, maybe some you don't agree with, will also give him crap over it. He deserves what he's getting. And in case you haven't noticed, it's not just the media. Hell, forget the media pundits. You know they'd have their say. But when his fellow Republicans condemn him, you have a problem. A big one.

If Limbaugh's statement was an "apology" in your eyes, then so is every goddamn post you've made on this board.

Did you MISS this sentence?

I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.

Or did you just IGNORE it for convenience sake?

No, I saw it. But he issued the "apology" on the weekend when there would be less news coverage. And he put it at the end of a long list of excuses as to why he used the derogatory term. He thinks the topic is absurd. He was trying to be humorous. It's not anyone's business. All weak justifications for saying what he did. A simple statement apology hardly does the trick. Did HE have the guts to call Sarah Fluke personally? No.
And I doubt he will.

The thing is, though, I get the fact he's an entertainer. People like him, Beck and Stern live on their shock value. But there is intelligence (and it's ironic that Stern is very intelligent) and stupid shock. What Limbaugh did was supremely stupid. Any advertising he loses won't be enough of a penalty.
WHY don't YOU just admit that you're jealous of Limbaugh and other hosts and be done with it?

Show some spine, fella. :eusa_hand:

So, your point is that, rather than presenting herself as a slut, she is presenting herself as the 'Voice of the Sluts"?

Is that the correction you would like?

No, she's documenting the long list of lies that Limbaugh manufactured for the purpose of defaming the character of this woman.

"....purpose of defaming the character of this woman."

It doesn't take Houdini to make something disappear that wasn't there to begin with....
you "see" that, don't you?

No one has as yet been able to cite one specific that reflects badly on her character.

No, I saw it. But he issued the "apology" on the weekend when there would be less news coverage. And he put it at the end of a long list of excuses as to why he used the derogatory term. He thinks the topic is absurd. He was trying to be humorous. It's not anyone's business. All weak justifications for saying what he did. A simple statement apology hardly does the trick. Did HE have the guts to call Sarah Fluke personally? No.
And I doubt he will.

The thing is, though, I get the fact he's an entertainer. People like him, Beck and Stern live on their shock value. But there is intelligence (and it's ironic that Stern is very intelligent) and stupid shock. What Limbaugh did was supremely stupid. Any advertising he loses won't be enough of a penalty.

oh stop. big deal he called her a slut. will she suffer at all from it? No, probably get more dates out of in fact.

So its not a big deal, except to make it political.

Keep it up. I'm soooooooooooooooooooo glad you guys are giving up on the women's vote. It'll make Obama's landslide that much bigger this fall.

And I doubt he will.

oh stop. big deal he called her a slut. will she suffer at all from it? No, probably get more dates out of in fact.

So its not a big deal, except to make it political.

Keep it up. I'm soooooooooooooooooooo glad you guys are giving up on the women's vote. It'll make Obama's landslide that much bigger this fall.

Asshole - Obama lost 20+ million Catholic votes a couple weeks ago.
This past week - he lost 220 million veterans.
Pull his dick out of your ass for a moment and smell the coffee, asswipe.
Your blind love for black men is admirable though.
Keep it up

And I doubt he will.

WHY don't YOU just admit that you're jealous of Limbaugh and other hosts and be done with it?

Attacking me instead of directly challenging my argument is hardly the mark of bravery, T.

You're right--it wasn't an apology. * * * *.

No. You are wrong. It CLEARLY was an apology.

If Limbaugh's statement was an "apology" in your eyes, then so is every goddamn post you've made on this board.

Limbaugh did one of those 'yeah but' apologies. It was clearly designed to be an apology to those that Limbaugh felt it was advantageous for him to apologize to, while at the same time being a non-apology for the benefit to those Limbaugh believed it was advantageous to appear that he wasn't apologizing.

And I doubt he will.

Attacking me instead of directly challenging my argument is hardly the mark of bravery, T.

Your stupidity/anti-Americanism requires an attack.
If you were to express you views in public, let's say to a group of active duty servicemen, you'd have your nuts kicked up to your eyeballs.

No. You are wrong. It CLEARLY was an apology.

Limbaugh did one of those 'yeah but' apologies. It was clearly designed to be an apology to those that Limbaugh felt it was advantageous for him to apologize to, while at the same time being a non-apology for the benefit to those Limbaugh believed it was advantageous to appear that he wasn't apologizing.

He's a private citizen, nutsack. He's entitled to his views/opinions.
Don't like it?
Turn it off, assbreath.

Don't like it?
Turn it off, assbreath.
Nutsack won't be happy until Limbaugh and others are silenced.

And I doubt he will.

I have NUTSACK. Don't you read your own fucking threads?

*Idiot*

Don't like it?
Turn it off, assbreath.
Nutsack won't be happy until Limbaugh and others are silenced.

How Naziesque these Lib-turds are.....

No, she's documenting the long list of lies that Limbaugh manufactured for the purpose of defaming the character of this woman.

"....purpose of defaming the character of this woman."

It doesn't take Houdini to make something disappear that wasn't there to begin with....
you "see" that, don't you?

No one has as yet been able to cite one specific that reflects badly on her character.

“None so blind as those that will not see.”
Matthew Henry (1662-1714)

How the heck did Henry, way back then.....know you'd be right along???

And while we're on the subject,

let's not forget that the Right almost unanimously hoorayed Limbaugh for making fun of Michael J. Fox's disease.

And I doubt he will.

Ah. So madasawethen DID see it. Thus, what he did was simply choose to ignore it.

Such a shock.

And, oh, by the way. It is clearly true that Rush offered his apology on a weekend. But it is also true that he knows full well that he will be discussing it tomorrow on his show.

But madasawethen is free to pretend he doesn't "see" that, either.

And I doubt he will.

Why does this "slut" - 30 year old college student, fucking everything on campus, need an apology.

Quit your fucking whining douche bag.
Once a DittoTard latches onto his MessiahRushie's lies, he never lets go.

October 14, 2011
RUSH: I say it, you believe it, with no questions.

Forum List

Back