Limbaugh's weaker than water "apology"

The very fact that he apologized is disappointing. We have gotten so degenerate as a culture that we have to be sorry for telling the truth.
There's no TRUTH is this pile of shit.

She never did. Not once. That did not stop Rush from saying things like this:
Rush said she has boyfriends "Lined up around the block."

He said she said "she was having so much sex she can't afford it."

He asked: "...what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception.

And: "Ms. Fluke, have you ever heard of not having sex? Have you ever heard of not having sex so often?"

After saying that the Washington, D.C., Department of Health "will send you free condoms and lube," Limbaugh said: "So, Ms. Fluke and the rest of you feminazis, here's the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it, and I'll tell you what it is. We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch."

Rush asked of Ms. Fluke: "Who bought your condoms in junior high? Who bought your condoms in the sixth grade? Or your contraception. Who bought your contraceptive pills in high school?"

Then: Fluke is "having so much sex, it's amazing she can still walk." He also said Georgetown should establish a "Wilt Chamberlin scholarship ... exclusively for women."

Then, again, Limbaugh defended his previous comments and complained "not one person says that, 'Well, did you ever think about maybe backing off the amount of sex that you have?'

Later, Limbaugh said that requiring insurance companies to cover contraception is "no different than if somebody knocked on my door that I don't know and said, 'You know what? I'm out of money. I can't afford birth-control pills, and I'm supposed to have sex with three guys tonight.' "
Fluke never even once talked about her own sexual activity. In, no way, shape or form. In fact, in her testimony, she even said:

“And so, I’m here today to share their voices, and I want to thank you for allowing them – not me – to be heard."

Transcript: Sandra Fluke testifies on why women should be allowed access to contraception and reproductive health care | What The Folly?!

All that came from his mouth was a 3 day long tirade of misogynistic putrid slurs and below-the-belt slander aimed at a woman who testified about a public policy matter.

There wasn't an ounce of truth in his words.

So, your point is that, rather than presenting herself as a slut, she is presenting herself as the 'Voice of the Sluts"?

Is that the correction you would like?

^^^^^^^^^^

Folks, that there is a really good example of how low people can sink when they see their side's political fortunes swirling the bowl. Pretty sad, eh?

He asked: "...what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute. She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception.

And: "Ms. Fluke, have you ever heard of not having sex? Have you ever heard of not having sex so often?"

After saying that the Washington, D.C., Department of Health "will send you free condoms and lube," Limbaugh said: "So, Ms. Fluke and the rest of you feminazis, here's the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it, and I'll tell you what it is. We want you to post the videos online so we can all watch."

Rush asked of Ms. Fluke: "Who bought your condoms in junior high? Who bought your condoms in the sixth grade? Or your contraception. Who bought your contraceptive pills in high school?"

Then: Fluke is "having so much sex, it's amazing she can still walk." He also said Georgetown should establish a "Wilt Chamberlin scholarship ... exclusively for women."

Then, again, Limbaugh defended his previous comments and complained "not one person says that, 'Well, did you ever think about maybe backing off the amount of sex that you have?'

Later, Limbaugh said that requiring insurance companies to cover contraception is "no different than if somebody knocked on my door that I don't know and said, 'You know what? I'm out of money. I can't afford birth-control pills, and I'm supposed to have sex with three guys tonight.' "
Fluke never even once talked about her own sexual activity. In, no way, shape or form. In fact, in her testimony, she even said:

“And so, I’m here today to share their voices, and I want to thank you for allowing them – not me – to be heard."

Transcript: Sandra Fluke testifies on why women should be allowed access to contraception and reproductive health care | What The Folly?!

All that came from his mouth was a 3 day long tirade of misogynistic putrid slurs and below-the-belt slander aimed at a woman who testified about a public policy matter.

So, your point is that, rather than presenting herself as a slut, she is presenting herself as the 'Voice of the Sluts"?

^^^^^^^^^^

Folks, that there is a really good example of how low people can sink when they see their side's political fortunes swirling the bowl. Pretty sad, eh?

^^^^^^^^^^

Folks? NOT sad at all and a valid question by Political Chic...Can't help if Erik The Dork doesn't get it...

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

Folks? NOT sad at all and a valid question by Political Chic...Can't help if Erik The Dork doesn't get it...

Oh, well I expect that kind of shit out of you. PC has shown a bit more sophstication and restraint in the past, though.

No, she's documenting the long list of lies that Limbaugh manufactured for the purpose of defaming the character of this woman.

"....purpose of defaming the character of this woman."

It doesn't take Houdini to make something disappear that wasn't there to begin with....
you "see" that, don't you?
The Alinksi accolades are out in force. Attack the messenger, personally.

Attack attack.

Make HER the topic, not the public policy debate. Slut-shame her, rebuke and intimidated her, and other women like her, into silence and shame.

You know your mission. Carry forth.

CHARGE and Tally Ho!

"Attack the messenger...."

Clarify, please: 'the messenger of sluts?'

The Propounder of Promiscuity?

Wait...law school? 'the Barrister of Bad Behavior'?

Everyone else must pay for her sexual apparatus....
so, is she the 'Messenger of Mendicants'?

I'm just tryin' to help: I'm certain you'll want a bumper sticker for the
November elections...

The stupid grows.

That's for the physician to order, junior mintbrain

A woman can't just buy an IUD and put it in her. A DOCTOR puts it inside her. Once there, it can be there for years, until a doctor takes it out.

Man, talk about showing what an idiot you are -- AGAIN!

You missed it. He said to shove it up your ass. It doesn't take a doctor to do that.
Did that make you feel better to say that?

Did it make you feel manly?

More powerful?

Nope.

Sorry.

"....purpose of defaming the character of this woman."

It doesn't take Houdini to make something disappear that wasn't there to begin with....
you "see" that, don't you?
The Alinksi accolades are out in force. Attack the messenger, personally.

Attack attack.

Make HER the topic, not the public policy debate. Slut-shame her, rebuke and intimidated her, and other women like her, into silence and shame.

You know your mission. Carry forth.

CHARGE and Tally Ho!

"Attack the messenger...."

Clarify, please: 'the messenger of sluts?'

The Propounder of Promiscuity?

Wait...law school? 'the Barrister of Bad Behavior'?

Everyone else must pay for her sexual apparatus....
so, is she the 'Messenger of Mendicants'?

I'm just tryin' to help: I'm certain you'll want a bumper sticker for the
November elections...

You forgot 'Provocateur Of Perversions'...:eusa_shhh:

^^^^^^^^^^

Rikki, you are definitely in the running for the "Unintentional Humor" award of the day!

Now, see if you realize how amusing this is: "...a really good example of how low people can sink..."

You are posting to support this person who is bragging about her vast experience, and needs, in what was once a personal consideration, and, further...demanding that it become national policy to provide sexual accouterments....

....and YOU use the phrase " ...how low people can sink..."

It might be better if you think before you post.

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

Oh, well I expect that kind of shit out of you. PC has shown a bit more sophstication and restraint in the past, though.

Rik....don't let 'em pay you off with acceptance, with the reward of being known as 'sophisticated' for remaining silent with respect to behavior that doesn't deserve respect.

It's not sophisticated, it's sophomoric.

^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

From where I'm sitting? She is eating your lunch...and not too willing to share it with you...and YOU are a willing participant...She has been squashing you, and you are thanking her by asking for more.

I have to agree with California Girl, it sounds like her greater priority is NOT in her college degree and career.

As far as enslavement. An system that allows dependency on government to provide for your needs is the TRUE definition of enslavement. Look at all those on welfare who depend upon government, who wander the streets while not taking advantage of a free public school system, who are provided no incentive to get off of government dependency but are encouraged through a system that provides more government funding based upon how many kids you conceive, don't pay any taxes, and are not productive members of society able to achieve their own role of personal responsibility through earning their OWN income from a job.

Also, you have the freedom to choose a career that pays more, or attain further EDUCATION (wow imagine that) that allows you to attain a successful career that allows you to EARN that bigger income. All it takes is a little drive, initiative, and the willingness to take some personal risk OVER simply whining over the achievements of someone else. You earn the income you want to achieve, based upon how much work you want to put into it for the salary you desire. I have often felt, as each generation enters the job market, there are fewer people that have the hard enduring work ethic of generations before them. Yes I'm saying that the workers of today are more involved with "comforts" over personal drive and initiative. Where there are "comforts" there is this belief of personal "entitlements", as if we don't need to go through the risks, the need for further education, learning while growing from your mistakes, and the personal investments that the most successful often take. Entitlements are shortcuts without the need to take any personal responsibility for the choices you make. It's the more responsible individuals [the evil rich or business corporations that EARN a profit] that must pay for them.

Yawn.. the tiresome "rugged indivdualist" argument. When you grow up, you stop believing in fairy tales...

The rich don't "earn" anything. This is horsecrap. They profit off the labor of others. They are parasites who have convinced stupid people they are vital organs. Nothing more, nothing less.

If there is less of a work ethic, it's because people don't see the advantage of it. They see their older coworkers get let go because they are old. Hardly an inspiration to work hard all your life, is it?
There is something good here in both of your comments, but it takes equal participation on everyones part to make it all work. If you have entrenched career minded lazyness/dependency on one side, it will not work, and if you have entrenched career minded greed on the other side, it will not work, and it seems that both sides are great at blaiming the other side in the game, meanwhile for the ones that will still work, we are getting screwed over badly by both sides now, and that is a serious fail in this nation now. The two sides need to come together, recognize the situation that is killing us, stand up and finally turn against all that is killing us, or we will all parish as a result of the situation soon enough.

^^^^^^^^^^

From where I'm sitting? She is eating your lunch...and not too willing to share it with you...and YOU are a willing participant...She has been squashing you, and you are thanking her by asking for more.

Harbinger of Harlots?

The Flag-bearer of Floozys?

See what Paper-Weight started????

Harbinger of Harlots?

The Flag-bearer of Floozys?

See what Paper-Weight started????
:badgrin:

Provacateur of perversions...:eusa_whistle:

The strength of the apology is an issue? I'm pretty sure Rush made the statement specifically to stop his organization's financial hemorrhaging. That means his apology had to be exactly as strong as was necessary for sponsors to stop jumping ship. I often disagree with Rush Limbaugh, but in this course of action I feel he was 100% correct (not necessarily in the initial slut statement, but in the apology).

This outrage from the left in the media is ridiculous. This sort of name calling to marginalize political opponents happens constantly in this country, and anybody who tries to associate it purely with one party or the other, or with left or right exclusively, is up their own ass.

On top of that, even this argument is more political subterfuge to win the topic by default by attacking the messenger. When Rush called homegirl a slut, he was attacking the messenger, granted. However, if you've actually listened to the quotes surrounding the conversation, he actually makes an argument about why her monologue was incorrect based on the merits of that argument. The slut thing really did seem like a shitty attempt at "humor" (it actually reminded me of someone who makes a half-joke about something that really angers them, and tries to hide a really ugly, divisive statement in humor so nobody gets too angry at them for firing it off). The sad fact is that sluts completely lacking in personal responsibility would be among the greatest beneficiaries of forcing everyone to pay for contraceptives.

All this said, I'm kinda pissed at Rush myself about this. In years past, the guy struck me as a Republican Koolaid drinker, the type that substitutes party line for intellectual consistency (and fuck me do the major political parties have a healthy supply of that sort of dickhead), and so I often found myself angry at what he was spouting. This time it's different. I actually agree with his position on the issue, and I don't agree that he was particularly, intellectually wrong for salting his argument with the slut commentary. He was still an idiot for doing it. The guy's been playing politics for fuckin decades and should've known that the vast majority of TV based media would be up in arms about this. Now he's opened himself up to retaliatory attack the messenger tactics and, for a lot of the neanderthals taking their cues from political organizations telling them what to think, this verbal slip is enough to compromise the validity of the entire argument.

Last edited:
If Limbaugh's statement was an "apology" in your eyes, then so is every goddamn post you've made on this board.

Did you MISS this sentence?

I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.

Or did you just IGNORE it for convenience sake?

No, I saw it. But he issued the "apology" on the weekend when there would be less news coverage. And he put it at the end of a long list of excuses as to why he used the derogatory term. He thinks the topic is absurd. He was trying to be humorous. It's not anyone's business. All weak justifications for saying what he did. A simple statement apology hardly does the trick. Did HE have the guts to call Sarah Fluke personally? No.
And I doubt he will.

The thing is, though, I get the fact he's an entertainer. People like him, Beck and Stern live on their shock value. But there is intelligence (and it's ironic that Stern is very intelligent) and stupid shock. What Limbaugh did was supremely stupid. Any advertising he loses won't be enough of a penalty.

If Limbaugh's statement was an "apology" in your eyes, then so is every goddamn post you've made on this board.

No, I saw it. But he issued the "apology" on the weekend when there would be less news coverage. And he put it at the end of a long list of excuses as to why he used the derogatory term. He thinks the topic is absurd. He was trying to be humorous. It's not anyone's business. All weak justifications for saying what he did. A simple statement apology hardly does the trick. Did HE have the guts to call Sarah Fluke personally? No.
And I doubt he will.

The thing is, though, I get the fact he's an entertainer. People like him, Beck and Stern live on their shock value. But there is intelligence (and it's ironic that Stern is very intelligent) and stupid shock. What Limbaugh did was supremely stupid. Any advertising he loses won't be enough of a penalty.

oh stop. big deal he called her a slut. will she suffer at all from it? No, probably get more dates out of in fact.

So its not a big deal, except to make it political.

And I doubt he will.

Why does this "slut" - 30 year old college student, fucking everything on campus, need an apology.

Quit your fucking whining douche bag.

Forum List

Back