Lindsey Graham: Trump and the GOP Senate will convene Saturday

SCOTUS is already seeing Fraud and Has Handed down its First Order!

Breaking News. SCOTUS is already weighing in.

PA was doing that anyway, so not really much of a win.

But what I dont understand is why does Trump want to stop new votes from coming in? He's behind...he needs more votes.

This doesn't mean he's seen fraud, either. Just putting the activity on hold because it is disputed.

They are segregating the votes from after 8pm on Election Day in PA. That is a huge deal and should be applied in other states. It was around 8-9 when they stopped counting. I hope these locations have 24 hour cameras.

Trump and GOP Senate will convene Saturday to remedy the abject voter fraud.

My prediction: They will instruct their State Legislators to send Republican Electors.

Good game.

This just in, like 240 years ago:

Neither Senators, nor the POTUS, can "instruct" state legislatures to pick their fucking noses.
THEY don't even HAVE state legislatures. STATES have state legislatures.
Who knew, right?

Know what else states have?

"LAWS". Laws that govern how electors are chosen and how their elections are run. And ZERO of those are subject to the whims of fucking Senators, fucking POTUSes, or Lindsey Fucking Graham.

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT TRUMP IS COOKING?

Brother, I been smelling that shit for over five years, and screaming it from the rooftops.

Yours,
Captain Obvious

Can a state legislature substitute its judgment for the will of the people by directly appointing their preferred slate of electors after Election Day?

The answer? No.

State Legislatures Are Prohibited by Federal Law from Usurping the Will of the Voters After the Election

Tweetable quote:Americans should rest assured that a state legislature’s post-Election Day substitution of its own preferences would violate federal law.Tweet this quote.

While the Constitution delegates to each state’s legislature the power to direct the manner for appointing its slate of electors for president, it gives Congress the power “to determine the time of chusing Electors.”

Congress, in turn, has mandated by law that is the “Tuesday after the first Monday in November, in every fourth year succeeding every election of a President and Vice President”—which falls on Nov. 3, 2020.

For well over a century, the laws in every state have provided for their state’s electors to be chosen through a popular election.

Although state legislatures could theoretically amend their laws to provide for legislative appointment of presidential electors if they acted before Election Day, it would violate a federal statute and the Constitution to do so after the Nov. 3 date set by Congress.

Funny you should bring up the Constitution and state legislatures. According to the Constitution, state legislature is the only way voting laws may be changed. So, most, if not all of the laws that were changed in the last few months by governors, etc. (extended deadlines, mail in voting etc.) are unconstitutional.

My prediction: They will instruct their State Legislators to send Republican Electors.

Good game.

Look guys! An honest-to-pete fascist!

Get a good look!

You just don't see those anymore.

Good game.

Well, it depends on the facts. Where precincts engaged in clearly illegal behavior, they may have to subtract the votes processed by precincts operating illegally from the totals for the purposes of determining Elector selection.

Even this manifestly unAmerican attempt at retroactive voter suppression cannot save your Orange goD.

Good game.

Smells like his goose is cooked.

Forum List

Back