Lockdowns Did Not Work

Primary due to the media and rapid communications, we are far more sensitive to death and it's not just epidemics. In WWII, battles that cost the lives of more Americans than the entire war in Afghanistan barely made the headlines. Today the death of one soldier will capture the headlines. We will spend a million dollars trying to save a homeless man's life in a hospital when chances of success are 1 in a million. I can remember when a homeless person would be unlikely to get past the emergency room regardless of the problem. I just read about a charitable group that transports injured wildlife to free clinics around the country. 50 years ago, that problem would have been solved with one bullet. Some might think this is good and other not but, it's a fact of life today.
There's no doubt our comfortable insulated way of life makes us unwilling to endure the hardship we sometimes must go through. It's the down side of doing so well.

In early March they stated that it was not airborne and primarily something you would get by touching and infected surface and then touching your face. That has since turned out to be wrong. Most people are getting it through the air and sometimes the droplets can spread 27 feet instead of just 6 feet before they fall to the ground or become to few to cause an infection.
That reminds of of something I was telling a friend earlier. We have had the first COVID-19 case in the US way back in January. So where is the science on this virus? The entire world has had Jan, Feb, Mar, April, and it's almost May, and still we do not have definitive answers as to how this virus is spread.

Can the virus stay airborne long enough to be carried along indoor building ventilation systems? What's the infection rate? What is the fatality rate for particular age groups? Are people with the antigen being reinfected???

I'm hearing news articles which suggest it does go airborne for a long distance, more than the two meter rule, and that the fatality rate for healthy people under40 years old is akin to the seasonal flu. So which is it, what is it????

The experts keep admonishing us to "follow the science," well, where is the science??? We seem to be stuck in Feb, where the experts singular brainstorming idea was locking ourselves away in our homes. We are almost in May, and we are still stuck with the experts one and only brainstorm from Feb.

Where are the in depth reports by our news media, concerning the methods being used so we can open a business, and allow customers to engage in commerce, and continue to mitigate infection?
The news media only seems to be concerned with causing arguments, creating strife, friction and angst, and only repeating stories which they breathlessly anticipate will sensationalize or politicize the news cycle that day.

Seems like the news media, and our so called epidemiology experts both want to keep us stuck in February.

Killing a flea with a sledgehammer while hysterically extolling the virtues of such an action is an unwarranted destruction of America.

4) Kill 1000s LOL. Same is true for the Flu. Why don’t we social distance and lockdown every flu season?

You're still trying to compare this to the flu?

Flu season wipes out an average of 1,330 people in New Jersey each year. Covid-19 killed more than that in New Jersey in the last 5 days.

The reason for the different reaction between flu and coronavirus is obviously due to the differences in potential death rates.
Typical flu season 30-50k die. Take out NYC, which is an outlier we have the same for this. 94% had at least one underlying condition. Keep those at risk home and open it up for the rest of us. Not my fault some people are weak. I had COVID-19. Flu is much worse.

40% of the U.S. population is obese. That's one of the underlying conditions.
Whose fault is that? You obese? Eat less.

That's not the point. You were trying to say most of the population was "SAFE". I was simply pointing out that's not really the case.
Don’t force me to live in isolation because you’re fat. Open it up and faT people can sit home.

You can't say you've opened up if 40% of the population is sitting at home because their obese. A lot of these people don't even realize they are obese and overweight.

Isolating people is not just about protecting their health, its also about depriving the virus of the oxygen it needs to continue spreading. Even if your not at risks for health complications from the virus, the virus can use you as a way to be spread to other people it can kill.
You’re just prolonging the inevitable. People are still going to stores and gas stations. This is not a true lockdown.

Getting Gas is not a prime spot for virus spread. The pumps are nicely spread out and can only handle so many cars at a time. People a driving less and don't need to fill up as often as well. Essential stores are open, but many have restrictions in place to prevent spread.
People are touching the same pump over and over again. Durrr. What restrictions? I walked In and grabbed an ice tea. People were grabbing chips and such and have no idea who touched those chips before them. You’re lying again. Answer me. What state do you live in?

Most of the infections come from being near people, rather than touching the same things they touch. It comes from breathing in very tiny droplets. Rarely does it come from touching a surface and then touching your face. The church group in Seattle practiced social distancing at their practice but it was 60 of them in the same room. It did not matter that no one touched each other and everyone cleaned their hands. They were all breathing close to one another and that was how it spread to 45 of the 60 people there. Most people are getting infected by breathing in tiny droplets.
Has their been any study as to how effective hand washing is in preventing infection by this virus? Regardless, hand washing is tremendously important in prevention of disease. If Americans learn nothing from all this but washing their hands before eating and when they come home from work or play, we would be a lot heather as a nation and healthcare bills would go down. It is estimated that washing hands with soap and water could reduce diarrheal disease-associated deaths by up to 50% Researchers in London estimate that if everyone routinely washed their hands, a million deaths a year could be prevented

Last edited:

This is science NOT opinion.

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

Lockdown is not about saving lives. It's about elections.

1588013801366.jpg

4) Kill 1000s LOL. Same is true for the Flu. Why don’t we social distance and lockdown every flu season?

You're still trying to compare this to the flu?

Flu season wipes out an average of 1,330 people in New Jersey each year. Covid-19 killed more than that in New Jersey in the last 5 days.

The reason for the different reaction between flu and coronavirus is obviously due to the differences in potential death rates.
Typical flu season 30-50k die. Take out NYC, which is an outlier we have the same for this. 94% had at least one underlying condition. Keep those at risk home and open it up for the rest of us. Not my fault some people are weak. I had COVID-19. Flu is much worse.

40% of the U.S. population is obese. That's one of the underlying conditions.
Whose fault is that? You obese? Eat less.

That's not the point. You were trying to say most of the population was "SAFE". I was simply pointing out that's not really the case.
Don’t force me to live in isolation because you’re fat. Open it up and faT people can sit home.

You can't say you've opened up if 40% of the population is sitting at home because their obese. A lot of these people don't even realize they are obese and overweight.

Isolating people is not just about protecting their health, its also about depriving the virus of the oxygen it needs to continue spreading. Even if your not at risks for health complications from the virus, the virus can use you as a way to be spread to other people it can kill.
You’re just prolonging the inevitable. People are still going to stores and gas stations. This is not a true lockdown.

Getting Gas is not a prime spot for virus spread. The pumps are nicely spread out and can only handle so many cars at a time. People a driving less and don't need to fill up as often as well. Essential stores are open, but many have restrictions in place to prevent spread.
People are touching the same pump over and over again. Durrr. What restrictions? I walked In and grabbed an ice tea. People were grabbing chips and such and have no idea who touched those chips before them. You’re lying again. Answer me. What state do you live in?

Most of the infections come from being near people, rather than touching the same things they touch. It comes from breathing in very tiny droplets. Rarely does it come from touching a surface and then touching your face. The church group in Seattle practiced social distancing at their practice but it was 60 of them in the same room. It did not matter that no one touched each other and everyone cleaned their hands. They were all breathing close to one another and that was how it spread to 45 of the 60 people there. Most people are getting infected by breathing in tiny droplets.
Has their been any study as to how effective hand washing is preventing this virus? Regardless, hand washing is tremendously important in prevention of disease. If Americans learn nothing from all this but washing their hands before eating and when they come home from work or play, we would be a lot heather as a nation and healthcare bills would go down. It is estimated that washing hands with soap and water could reduce diarrheal disease-associated deaths by up to 50% Researchers in London estimate that if everyone routinely washed their hands, a million deaths a year could be prevented

Sorry, but hand washing isn't going to cure the 2 worst problems in America today, which is obesity and diabetes.

Packed...how many of those 75k do you interact with?

3,500 if I don't use the shitter...7,500 if I do.
3,500? Stop it.

Do you know how many people you are exposed to when you touch a door knob or a gas pump?

Do you care if you wear gloves?
They care more about Making you wear gloves if it protects their health obsession

In early March they stated that it was not airborne and primarily something you would get by touching and infected surface and then touching your face. That has since turned out to be wrong. Most people are getting it through the air and sometimes the droplets can spread 27 feet instead of just 6 feet before they fall to the ground or become to few to cause an infection.
That reminds of of something I was telling a friend earlier. We have had the first COVID-19 case in the US way back in January. So where is the science on this virus? The entire world has had Jan, Feb, Mar, April, and it's almost May, and still we do not have definitive answers as to how this virus is spread.

Can the virus stay airborne long enough to be carried along indoor building ventilation systems? What's the infection rate? What is the fatality rate for particular age groups? Are people with the antigen being reinfected???

I'm hearing news articles which suggest it does go airborne for a long distance, more than the two meter rule, and that the fatality rate for healthy people under40 years old is akin to the seasonal flu. So which is it, what is it????

The experts keep admonishing us to "follow the science," well, where is the science??? We seem to be stuck in Feb, where the experts singular brainstorming idea was locking ourselves away in our homes. We are almost in May, and we are still stuck with the experts one and only brainstorm from Feb.

Where are the in depth reports by our news media, concerning the methods being used so we can open a business, and allow customers to engage in commerce, and continue to mitigate infection?
The news media only seems to be concerned with causing arguments, creating strife, friction and angst, and only repeating stories which they breathlessly anticipate will sensationalize or politicize the news cycle that day.

Seems like the news media, and our so called epidemiology experts both want to keep us stuck in February.
Research virologists today are pretty busy trying to answer questions about the virus that would aid researching in developing antivirals, vaccines, and tests. Questions on immunity and reinfection can't be answered in a few months. It will take years of case data to determine reinfection rates, and the answers to questions about immunity and how long it lasts.

There are far more pressing questions such as why are so many people with Covid 19 developing heart problems and dying of cardiac arrest? Why are people coming into hospital with very low o2 levels but do not have the typical symptoms. Covid 19 patients on ventilators do not respond in same ways as typical pneumonia patients. A completely new protocol is needed which has yet to be determined.

A lot of "people want to know questions" are going to have to wait until we can answer questions needed to keep people alive, remove road blocks in developing antivirals and vaccines. Medical research talent in this field is in very high demand which means we're going have to restrict research to the most important questions for now. So sorry Mr. President, no research on injecting disinfectants into the body.

Last edited:

The most basic way to test this thesis is by direct comparison. As of 6 April, seven US states had not adopted shelter-in place orders and their stats are in line with those that did even when adjusting for population density.

Open the country!

Those seven states that did not adopt stay at home policies are more rural and more isolated. Had they adopted the same policies as California and Washington State early on, its likely several of these states would have suffered no deaths at all to coronavirus.

You want a real example about how travel bans and proper testing, contact tracing and isolation policies work, look at TAIWAN!

TAIWAN is a country of 24 million people more exposed to China than any other country in the world. John Hopkins University predicted TAIWAN would have a higher infection rate and death rate than any country in the world. Instead this is what happened thanks to TAIWAN's anti-pandemic policies:

TAIWAN total infections: 429
TAIWAN total deaths: 6

Now compare that to the United States:

UNITED STATES total infections: 849,092
UNITED STATES total deaths: 47,681

Taiwan proves that early travel bans, testing, contact tracing, and isolation when needed works. TAIWAN successfully protected its population, while the United States remains in an ongoing national crises it has never seen before with human health and economic side effects on a massive scale. TRUMP failed and the scale of Trump's failure is reflected In the difference between the number of deaths in TAIWAN from coronavirus vs. the number of deaths in the United States from coronavirus.

But TAIWAAAAANNN!

Yes, they reacted early, because of their traditional distrust to China. But they're also disciplined people, who care about their country, and not to mention homogeneous country with no racial problems.

Can you compare New York City and Tokyo?

As of today, city of New York has 12287 deaths.
Tokyo, the world's largest and densest city, has 93 deaths.

New York is locked down.
Tokyo was never locked down.

Both cities got the virus about the same time, yet New York city death rate is over 250 times higher than Tokyo's.

Apparently, virus is not biggest problem. The filth is.

Guy thinks he's being clever. The death rate would naturally be fairly constant everywhere among positive cases. Only a disingenuous asshole would use that single factor to make such a broad declaration. Slowing the rate of spread is key.
Science says otherwise.
You say otherwise. I'm using science to critically examine the claim which is lacking the correct data points and proper statistical analysis. There's no way to even make that deterination until it's over and all the growth curves are lined up and adjusted for the incubation period of the virus plotted against when the various lockdown orders were implemented.

kinda like when azog was hawking for donny - who was hawking hydroxycholoquine.... how did that turn out?

Still turning out great all over the nation. It saved my aunt's life, in fact.
it is the cure. now that we have the cure, it's now time to move along with building america.

Not really. Hdroxycholoquine doesn't kill the virus, so it's not a cure. What it does, it embed itself to hemoglobin in RBC, therefore enable oxygen to be paired with iron ion inside of it, and be carried to other organs. Not a cure, but it helps your body to fight the virus.

Open the country!

View attachment 326939

Did Anne Frank had a choice?

Open the country!

View attachment 326939

Did Anne Frank had a choice?

she wanted to live. & did what she needed to do to live as long as possible.

she was stronger than the whiny babies who can't go to the movies but have netflix.
...that can't go to the beach, but can take a bath.
...that can't go to a restaurant, but can go to the grocery store or get take out without being shot down like an animal.
... that can communicate with anybody from anywhere in the world & know they are safe & well.

A number of doctors have said that keeping people cooped up indoors has only prolonged this whole thing or made it worse. But of course one of the agendas is to get the whole world to take the vaccine which will make the main crooks behind this whole thing a massive fortune.

Everyone should watch this. It's coming from a very different perspective. She is Australian, a vegan and lives off grid.

Interesting video.

If you like that one, you'll like this one too.

Lockdowns don't work and "stay at home" order is the most harmful step ever suggested by the government. The "stay at home" policy can turn people nuts to dangerous levels.

And I can tell about it. After 4 weeks my whole family is staying at home, yesterday, I don't know how, I was looking at my wife and saw her as beautiful as never...

NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Well, America can't go back to work yet, because for many, Congress made it pay more to stay home.

An opinion may be wrong?
Your thread title is an opinion? It's not the opinion of the person in the article you shared. So i figured it was just you making an assertion from poor logic again. Instead, it's just you misrepresenting the opinion of the person in the article. Thanks for clarifying.
It is my opinion based on the post. Now when would you reopen the economy?

The current corona virus crisis has been a unique one in that given the social distancing public health guidance, the state governments are actually trying to keep people home by design. Along with federal government's support, it’s not surprising that Congress’s $2 trillion relief bill, rushed through to “do something", has resulted in many workers getting paid more in unemployment benefits to stay home than they would normally be earning at their jobs. Why would anyone want to go back to work if federal government is offering benefits through July 31?

Only some Republicans, (like Ben Sasse, Tim Scott, and Lindsey Graham, to name a few), warned at the time that the CARES Act’s sharp raise in unemployment benefits, and it happened as they predicted, because additional $600 a week did create disincentives, and discouraged those workers from returning to the work so long as those extreme benefits remained in place.

We should've never close the economy, but just impose social distancing, along with responsibility to self and others, along with increased hygiene and wearing masks and gloves when around other people.

Forum List

Back