Londonistan: White women are leading the wave of Britons embracing Islam

Here is a great article about the somali people who live in Lewiston, Maine and the positive impact they have had on the town and it's community.......... :cool:

"In terms of immigration and cultural integration, a decade isn’t a very long time, but a great deal has happened. Ten years is enough time for the city’s Somali population to grow to nearly 10 percent of the total population, making Lewiston perhaps the only city in the country where the largest minority group is Somali.

And it’s enough time for their influence on Lewiston’s streets, schools and economy to be seen and felt in major ways. Somalis have rapidly become active, full-fledged members of the community, and a growing number have received citizenship.

This year’s local election reflected that: For the first time, Somalis ran for public office, conducting write-in campaigns for an at-large seat on the Lewiston School Committee. One received more than 41 percent of the vote, but lost to a former school superintendent.

The topic of Ahmed’s meeting that mid-November evening was the runoff election. Ahmed and his peers wanted to discuss how to encourage people to participate in the final mayoral election.

“This is a simple, straightforward issue: the right to vote,” Ahmed said. “We want to be part of the system, to vote, run for office.” He said he wanted to help Somalis who have gained citizenship understand the election process."

Struggle and progess: 10 years of Somalis in Lewiston ? Lewiston-Auburn ? Bangor Daily News ? BDN Maine

There have been so many Iranians moving to Los Angeles that the map designation for West LA is now Tehrangeles! My Iranian friends tell me it looks just like parts of Tehran. Everything is in Farsi. It used to be that a woman in abeya was an occasional sight. Now it's quite common. If these women are poor and uneducated where do they have the money to shop on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills?

The Iranians were all Iranian Christians, Iranian Jews and some reformist muslims. Now there is a distinct fundamentalist element moving in with sporadic random attacks on businesses.

If you are ever in the area, Sherazade is the very best Iranian restaurant in the City.

I thought the majority of the Iranians living in LA had money? and their women still wear the abaya in California?

Here is a great article about the somali people who live in Lewiston, Maine and the positive impact they have had on the town and it's community.......... :cool:

"In terms of immigration and cultural integration, a decade isn’t a very long time, but a great deal has happened. Ten years is enough time for the city’s Somali population to grow to nearly 10 percent of the total population, making Lewiston perhaps the only city in the country where the largest minority group is Somali.

And it’s enough time for their influence on Lewiston’s streets, schools and economy to be seen and felt in major ways. Somalis have rapidly become active, full-fledged members of the community, and a growing number have received citizenship.

This year’s local election reflected that: For the first time, Somalis ran for public office, conducting write-in campaigns for an at-large seat on the Lewiston School Committee. One received more than 41 percent of the vote, but lost to a former school superintendent.

The topic of Ahmed’s meeting that mid-November evening was the runoff election. Ahmed and his peers wanted to discuss how to encourage people to participate in the final mayoral election.

“This is a simple, straightforward issue: the right to vote,” Ahmed said. “We want to be part of the system, to vote, run for office.” He said he wanted to help Somalis who have gained citizenship understand the election process."

Struggle and progess: 10 years of Somalis in Lewiston ? Lewiston-Auburn ? Bangor Daily News ? BDN Maine

That is very interesting Sunni.

As I found out when I moved to rural Nevada, I can't be happy someplace where there isn't kebabs and basmati rice. My son told me that before I left. He said "You won't stay anyplace where the nearest middle eastern and Indian restaurant it two hundred miles away. 6 months later, I was back.

I am the same way, Persian food is my favorite cuisine. Also, basmati rice is the best rice hands down.

I learned how to MAKE IT!

Oh really? I usually buy mine but its the only rice I use now, except when I make Puerto Rican rice than I use parboiled rice.

Throughout American history there has been waves of immigrants who migrated to various towns all over the U.S.

Thirty miles from where I grew up in the south the was a small town where everyone had german ancestors and every year they still had an October Fest.

And down the road was an even smalled town that was founded by Scottish immigrants.

Isn't that what America is all about??.......... :cool:

Throughout American history there has been waves of immigrants who migrated to various towns all over the U.S.

Thirty miles from where I grew up in the south the was a small town where everyone had german ancestors and every year they still had an October Fest.

And down the road was an even smalled town that was founded by Scottish immigrants.

Yes.

There have been so many Iranians moving to Los Angeles that the map designation for West LA is now Tehrangeles! My Iranian friends tell me it looks just like parts of Tehran. Everything is in Farsi. It used to be that a woman in abeya was an occasional sight. Now it's quite common. If these women are poor and uneducated where do they have the money to shop on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills?

The Iranians were all Iranian Christians, Iranian Jews and some reformist muslims. Now there is a distinct fundamentalist element moving in with sporadic random attacks on businesses.

If you are ever in the area, Sherazade is the very best Iranian restaurant in the City.

I thought the majority of the Iranians living in LA had money? and their women still wear the abaya in California?

They have money. The women CHOOSE the abaya. They wear the veil and buy $5,000 handbags at Coach. I've seen it! First hand. This is an area is severe transition. Like Lebanon used to be. Lebanon used to a pretty free wheeling country, referred to as the Riviera of the Middle East. Now, not so much. Look at the trend. The trend is toward fundamentalism. Today women wear the abeya AND carry their little dogs around in $10,000 Fendi dog bags. In a few years the dogs will be unclean. That's what transition is all about. Multiculturalism doesn't work not anywhere and not at any time. Not because one culture is the superior of another, but because cultures can be incompatible. They will be in conflict until one prevails. The one that prevails will be the one people are willing to get down and dirty and fight hard for. With real fighting and real blood. That's the absolute truth and why muliticulturalism has never worked and can never work.

They have money. The women CHOOSE the abaya. They wear the veil and buy $5,000 handbags at Coach. I've seen it! First hand. This is an area is severe transition. Like Lebanon used to be. Lebanon used to a pretty free wheeling country, referred to as the Riviera of the Middle East. Now, not so much. Look at the trend. The trend is toward fundamentalism. Today women wear the abeya AND carry their little dogs around in $10,000 Fendi dog bags. In a few years the dogs will be unclean. That's what transition is all about. Multiculturalism doesn't work not anywhere and not at any time. Not because one culture is the superior of another, but because cultures can be incompatible. They will be in conflict until one prevails. The one that prevails will be the one people are willing to get down and dirty and fight hard for. With real fighting and real blood. That's the absolute truth and why muliticulturalism has never worked and can never work.

But what about the Iranians like the ones on Shahs of Sunset? those Iranians party and act no different than the Italians on the Jersey Shore.

shahs-of-sunset-1024x648.jpg

Although I know most of these guys are Jewish.

They have money. The women CHOOSE the abaya. They wear the veil and buy $5,000 handbags at Coach. I've seen it! First hand. Look at the trend. The trend is toward fundamentalism. Today women wear the abeya AND carry their little dogs around in $10,000 Fendi dog bags.
You sound way more jealous than upset.......... :cool:

Yes.

No.

What results in successful assimilation is where varying ethnicities might dominate in their neighborhoods or towns yet successfully navigate into an accepted dominant culture. There has to be a recognized dominant culture in order for ethnic immigration to result in success. That's where we fell off the tracks. Somewhere along the line it was decided that there need be no successful dominant American culture. We could be muliticultural instead.

What America was all about was people from all over the world coming here and becoming Americans. That ended when we decided that there need be no American-Americans, but have an endless jumble of hyphenated Americans instead. Each clinging to their primary identities of somewhere else. Each having a primary loyalty to somewhere else. Each divided and separated from all the other little hyphenated Americans.

Yes.

No.

What results in successful assimilation is where varying ethnicities might dominate in their neighborhoods or towns yet successfully navigate into an accepted dominant culture. There has to be a recognized dominant culture in order for ethnic immigration to result in success. That's where we fell off the tracks. Somewhere along the line it was decided that there need be no successful dominant American culture. We could be muliticultural instead.

What America was all about was people from all over the world coming here and becoming Americans. That ended when we decided that there need be no American-Americans, but have an endless jumble of hyphenated Americans instead. Each clinging to their primary identities of somewhere else. Each having a primary loyalty to somewhere else. Each divided and separated from all the other little hyphenated Americans.
That was happening long before the current wave of muslims came to our shores.

I remember it started back in the 60's with the term African Americans instead of blacks.

Then suddenly there was Native Americans not Indians; and Mexican Americans not spanish.

So to blame the muslims is totally ridiculous........... :cool:

They have money. The women CHOOSE the abaya. They wear the veil and buy $5,000 handbags at Coach. I've seen it! First hand. Look at the trend. The trend is toward fundamentalism. Today women wear the abeya AND carry their little dogs around in $10,000 Fendi dog bags.
You sound way more jealous than upset.......... :cool:

I'm not upset. I have my own burka. I go shopping with my dear Iranian friend who thinks that getting us matching $5,000 coach handbags is pocket change. She wears the designer jeans. I'm the one in shawar-kameze. There are few cultures that I can't shift in and out of at will. Eskimo maybe.

Although the muslim population in the U.S is only something like 0.06% of the total population.

Many people here are obsessed that the muslims are taking over cities and towns.

Yet there is somewhere between 11-20 million illegal mexicans that are flooding towns all over the US and having a devastating impact on the social services and tax base on hundreds of locations.

But let's focus on one small town in Maine and it's somali muslim invasion.......... :cool:

No.

That was happening long before the current wave of muslims came to our shores.

I remember it started back in the 60's with the term African Americans instead of blacks.

Then suddenly there was Native Americans not Indians; and Mexican Americans not spanish.

So to blame the muslims is totally ridiculous........... :cool:

Of course it's been going on for years. The blame if any goes to Americans who tolerate this nonsense. You are a smart guy so you really do know. The western culture and fundamental islam are incompatible. They cannot and will not co-exist. You know and understand this because you already believe that islam will submerge this culture and eventually wholly replace it.

Although the muslim population in the U.S is only something like 0.06% of the total population.

Many people here are obsessed that the muslims are taking over cities and towns.

Yet there is somewhere between 11-20 million illegal mexicans that are flooding towns all over the US and having a devastating impact on the social services and tax base on hundreds of locations.

But let's focus on one small town in Maine and it's somali muslim invasion.......... :cool:

Lewiston was used as an example of the incompatibility of cultures. Not an attack on muslims.

That the UK has gone down the toilet is nothing new... when you have Muslim Religious Police enforcing Islamic Law in London and when you have a so-called Muslim Patrol resorting to petty bullying, and when you have 1/3 of young UK Muslims believing a Muslim who converts to another religion should be executed...... then you don't have a London anymore.

Farewell Britannia, hello Britanistan!!!! :(

That the UK has gone down the toilet is nothing new... when you have Muslim Religious Police enforcing Islamic Law in London and when you have a so-called Muslim Patrol resorting to petty bullying, and when you have 1/3 of young UK Muslims believing a Muslim who converts to another religion should be executed...... then you don't have a London anymore.

Farewell Britannia, hello Britanistan!!!! :(

Nice!! ......... :thup:

How many?

Lewiston is the second-largest city in the state. The population was 36,592 at the 2010 census.

Somali's are 10% of the towns population......... :cool:

Forum List

Back